[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It may probably have been discussed before, but wanna know your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Lobo.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lobo.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
It may probably have been discussed before, but wanna know your thoughs about Lobo being cancelled next month. I think it's a big "told you" to useless DC writters, since everyone knew already it sucked. Did anyone like it?
>>
>stronger willpower than Green Lantern
>more angry than Red Lantern
>scary enough to be Yellow Lantern but he doesn't want to
Alright, you're uberspecial snowflake.
>>
>>77572419
It says a lot about editorial that this shit lasted as long as it did while Omega Men almost got cut after 5 issues. Good riddance.
>>
>>77572419
the problem is that he could have been the perfect "modern" anti-hero parody but they played him straight
>>
>>77572536
Yeah I lay the blame for this entirely on editorial. Bunn's initial pitch for the series would have been great.

There have just been too many cooks in the kitchen on Lobo, all not really having any heart in it whatsoever. Totally an editor or company edict to try and make Lobo more cross-media compatible.
>>
>>77572608
Whos the Editor on Lobo ? same has superman ?
>>
>>77572556
What should a "modern" anti-hero have been? I don't know how the emo heroes of recent times would get a parody without resulting in something shitty and unfunny
>>
>>77572556
This. I mean he already looks like a walking cliche, who in their right mind thought they could play this shit straight?
>>
>>77572645
You have a point there, it would be difficult to play him like a parody if what he is parodying is not funny to begin with
>>77572656
Part of me thinks that it was Editorial mandate that he should be the "totally cool and edgy" character
>>
>>77572494
Don't forget he's sociopathic enough to attract an indigo ring but it didn't work on him because reasons!
>>
>>77572638
Bobbie Chase. From what I see, she was editor for Voodoo, RHatO, Birds of Prey, Nightwing, Batgirl and Teen Titans.
>>
>>77572709
That explains everything
>>
>>77572700
Ah, I missed that.
Were blue and black rings around him?
>>
So, if the new series are cancelled, there could be a chance another author get the character in a couple of years and reboot everything as if nothing had happened?
>>
>>77572494
White Lantern Lobo when
>>
>>77572737
Nope although I'm surprised they didn't try to stick a green ring on him too

If the last issue has a scene where he overpowers gauntlet Hal somehow I am going to scream
>>
>>77572709
That is a list of tragedies.
>>
>>77572832
Lobo will likely be back to doing rotating guest appearances in random titles for awhile. I think in February he's popping up in Batman/Superman?

May actually be old Lobo though because that takes place in the past. Who knows?
>>
>>77572882
For what it's worth, in one thread was said that Punisher could be perfect White Lantern.
>>77572885
You and me both, anon. We'll practice ancient Martian meditation technique.
>>77572908
I get why RHatO and Titans suck. No idea about other titles, didn't read them.
>>
>>77572882
I'd prefer it to White Lantern Kyle tbqh
>>
>>77572494
Like old Lobo.
>>
File: 1438498398613.jpg (259 KB, 1005x1519) Image search: [Google]
1438498398613.jpg
259 KB, 1005x1519
>Nubo
>>
>>77573139
Except old lobo wasn't played straight
>>
What pisses me off is the way they treated old Lobo fans. Basically saying "oh you like the old Lobo? Well Fuck you for liking him! Hes wrong and so are you"
>>
>>77572419
>Hey, let's kill old Lobo, spit on his grave and replace him with a sparkly vampire faggot with tragic past, claiming that our new one is the true one.
>the idea flops
>gee, i wonder why.

Hope they bring the original bastich in a year or so back.
>>
>>77573262
>>77573198
Looks like they were trying to spin him as a hipster wannabe lobo thing, something that would attract normies and the female demo that liked twilight. This thing screams 210 redesign.

It's prettty much the exact same thing they tried to to with Dante to attract the new hip emo/hipster crowd.

Less of a fuck you than Dante, but much more of a money marketing ploy.
>>
>>77573187
He primarily was in most of his more recent appearances pre-nu52
>>
>>77573187
He was gay?
>>
>>77573288
>Less of a fuck you than Dante
I never played it, but wasn't there a scene where a silver hair wig falls on his head or something and then he pulls it off and stomps on it or some shit like that?
>>
>>77573323
He just threw wig on the ground.
>>
>>77573321
Marrying a man is pretty gay anon
>>
>>77574069
>implying you wouldn't go gay for Bueno Excellente
>>
>>77574380
>implying Bueno would give you a choice
>>
Nubo was a shit idea from the start. They should set things straight by having a short story where the Main Main works with ambush bug to hunt down the guy that thought of him.
>>
>>77572419
I thought that was a pic of Juggaloker
>>
>>77577625
More likely than you'd think. Both try to fit in social stereotypes that are now on the high, being pale skinny males with are considered socially "rebels" though still fit in the media scheme as sexual idols.
>>
>>77572419
I guess your death threats worked after all, /co/.
>>
File: scfww26.jpg (19 KB, 317x198) Image search: [Google]
scfww26.jpg
19 KB, 317x198
>>77572709
>following editors instead of creators
>>
>Bunn wanted to have Nubo team up with a new version of Tommy Monaghan
Bullet dodged!
>>
>>77578752
Another reason why /co/ sent him death threats.
>>
Seriously, it's like DC doesn't have FB or Twitter accounts to read the negative response people have to Nubo.

Who made the decision to keep Nubo all this time? And how many issues did it last?
>>
>>77578781
>Who made the decision to keep Nubo all this time? And how many issues did it last?
13, plus an annual, and he has a surprising amount of cameos in other books
>>
>>77578781
>DC should listen to me!

>the negative response I have to Nubo.
Fixed.
>>
Because it turns out the foul mouthed, grungy, super murdering cartoon character is something we all still want and need.

90's comedic ultra violence is Lobo's bread and butter... Taking that away was a bad idea.

But they didn't just take it away, they had the new guy murder the one we actually wanted.

Which is horseshit.
>>
>>77578800
>wanting 90s Lobo written by Bunn
Seriously, "fan"?
>>
File: 2013-08-26.jpg (299 KB, 650x897) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-26.jpg
299 KB, 650x897
Now if only DC would give Lobo to Coelasquid...
>>
>>77578830
I didn't even begin to say that.
>>
>>77578856
DC does not hire webcomic scum.
>>
>>77578902
Don't worry, you're not a DC fan either.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.