[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did he want?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 8
Listen.

I'm sorry to contribute to the seemingly endless hordes of movie/tv threads on this board. I enjoy both comics and cartoons, and these movies occupy a gray area, and I understand why that upsets some people. So I do apologize.

I just got back from seeing Dawn of Justice for the second time.

I still can't tell what Lex's motivation is.

When he's introduced, we learn that his father was a German who lived under Hitler. He wants to weaponize the kryptonite as a deterrent against Superman, regardless of whether or not it's ever used, so that we won't live under a tyrant too. We later learn that Lex had an abusive father. On the top of LexCorp tower, he talks of how he came to the conclusion that a god who is all powerful cannot possibly be all good, and that a god who is all good cannot possibly be all powerful.

Is Lex simply lashing out at Superman because God never answered his prayers and saved him from his father? When he realizes he's defeated Superman, he says "Now God bows to me." Lex wants the world to think that Superman plays favorites, takes lives, and is therefor not all good. He's trying to slander this messianic figure and prove his assertion that he's not a figure to be revered, but feared and reviled. So is Lex simply projecting his father onto Superman, using him as an outlet for his hatred?

Also what the fuck does he have to do with Batman? Why does he care about Batman? What does Batman have to do with any of the things he cares about? Why orchestrate Fight Night? Why does he want Superman to kill Batman? Why does he want Batman to kill Superman? If he intended to make Doomsday, why bother having them fight if he had a much more efficient means of killing Superman?
>>
>>81716299
>his father was a German who lived under Hitler

Wait, how old is he? What year is this movie set in?
>>
>>81716299
I pretty much just assume that he's being mindfucked by Darkseid. That's why he's so nutty.
It's either that, or the film is just THAT badly written.
>>
>>81716299
>So is Lex simply projecting his father onto Superman, using him as an outlet for his hatred?

Yes.

>
Also what the fuck does he have to do with Batman? Why does he care about Batman? What does Batman have to do with any of the things he cares about? Why orchestrate Fight Night? Why does he want Superman to kill Batman? Why does he want Batman to kill Superman? If he intended to make Doomsday, why bother having them fight if he had a much more efficient means of killing Superman?

He'd rather Bats have killed Supes, for the whole "man kills god", but he had a plan B. Ultimately it was he wanted to bring down the "god" to the level of a human so having Bats a human kill Supes is preferential to having doomsday do it.

The fucking movie spells this shit out for you.
>>
File: yellowjacket.png (574 KB, 1280x691) Image search: [Google]
yellowjacket.png
574 KB, 1280x691
The film’s villain is where the link between laudable intent and professional execution begins to fray. Jesse Eisenberg is no stranger to arrogant, punchable roles, as his infamous turn as The Social Network’s version of Mark Zuckerberg demonstrates. So in theory, he’d be an acceptable modern fit for business mogul cum evil scientists, Lex Luthor. He schemes, he gloats, and he kills while draped in the trappings of nouveau corporate America. His hatred of Superman is borne of a distrust of people whose power and authority (gods, politicians, etc.) exceed his own, a byproduct of an abusive childhood at the hands of his equally brilliant and similarly damanged father.

That is the intent and an achievable one as Corey Stoll showed it could be done when he played Darren Cross in 2015’s Ant-Man. The execution is marred by how Snyder, Eisenberg, or some misguided combination of the two saw fit to bury all of these traits under an obnoxious avalanche of inconsistent character tics and general buffoonery. By the film’s end, the viewer is more annoyed than menaced by the production’s antagonist, who is reduced to little more than a Bible-thumping clown.
>>
>>81717021
eh ur wrong, luthor was pretty scary with the photos and the bomb
>>
>>81716299
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen
>Eisenberg has no idea how he fits into the pantheon of other Lex Luthors. “I’m so unfamiliar with anything surrounding it because I didn’t grow up reading the comics or watching these movies,” he said. “I read a little bit out of interest, but it was meaningless.”

>This was the exact kind of cold indifference Snyder says he wanted. “He can’t fake it,” he says.
>>
>>81717021
>cum

nyuk nyuk nyuk
>>
>>81716734
>The fucking movie spells this shit out for you.
It really doesn't. What does Batman have to do with Lex's resentment towards his father? Why not kill Superman himself? Don't people in-universe know that Batman doesn't kill? Yes, I know. Why drive Bruce to hate Superman more?

Did he think it opportune to manipulate him into fighting Supes because Batman had been snooping around, looking for the White Portuguese? If Batman already knew he wanted the kryptonite to kill Superman, what purpose did Lex serve to instigate the conflict? Bruce already hated Superman after leveling his building and killing his people and orphaning the girl. He was already plotting to deal with Superman.

What do Lex and Batman have to do with each other?
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 800x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 800x333
>>81716299
All we know for sure is that Alex's dad(Lex, Sr) grew up "eating stale crackers" and "waving flowers at a review stand." That could be any Eastern Bloc nation prior to the Soviet collapse.

As far as Lex's character and motivations, it's an old one as far as Luthor motivations go. As far as I'm concerned, Snyder and crew get bonus points for keeping it largely hidden. It was jealousy, or more specifically, it was covetousness. Clark has something that, while Clark doesn't want it, Lex very much does.

Check out The cheap, crooked halo Lex's philanthropy has brought(or more accurately bought) him.

And check these out:
>>68085583
>>
>>81717021
Totally. Cross to me was more like Lex Luthor to me. His actor would have been a solid Lex.
>>
>>81717316
*waving flowers at tyrants. He also said East German. Luthor is also a variant of Luther, which is a German name.
>>
>>81717316
>That could be any Eastern Bloc nation prior to the Soviet collapse.
That's what I thought too. Didn't he specifically say that his father grew up in Eastern Germany?
>>
>>81717447
He did
>>
>>81717316
My bad. That link's in /tv/'s archive and I'm on mobile. It's my own thoughts, and I'll admit I'm pretty proud of myself for spotting it.
>>
>>81716299

>When he's introduced, we learn that his father was a German who lived under Hitler.

lmao no we fucking don't you dumb faggot, we learn that his father was born in east germany

no wonder you don't get shit, you're dumb as a bag of fucking bricks
>>
>>81716299
>What the fuck did he want?
Peach Tea.
>>
>>81716299
he just needed a piss
>>
>>81717612
Do you feel better now?
>>
>>81717930

no :(
>>
>>81717930
Does anyone feel better after watching that?
>>
>>81717309
>What does Batman have to do with Lex's resentment towards his father?

What? Nothing in particular he's just useful to Lex's plan.
>>
>>81717980
it was a ok movie, entertaining for watch on a sunday late
>>
>>81717116
The photos and piss bottle were really hisonly.good.scenes

>>81717021
This is pasta now
>>
>>81718099
Was saving Martha part of his plan?
>>
>>81718257

he saved Martha. with no survivors

think about it
>>
>second time

Jesus Christ get a life.
>>
>>81717565
>>>/tv/68085583

Maybe this one will work.
>>
>>81716490

OP is retarded and gay, surprising no-one. Luthor's father lived in East Germany under Honecker.
>>
>>81718535

I really hate how people say 'this isn't lex, it's his son alexander' what the fucking shit? this almost irritates me as the joker - jason retarded theory
>>
>>81716734
Does he have a plan C for dealing with Doomsday when the only person that could stop it is dead because either Batman or it killed him?
>>
>>81717316
>Snyder and crew get bonus points for keeping Lex's character and motivations hidden
Yeah, you're not supposed to do that for, literally ANY character in ANYTHING... EVER
>>
>>81718841

>>81716734 is wrong. Check out >>81718535

>>81718710
Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me whether this is the only Lex we get or not. The fact remains that comic book Lex's father was named Lionel. Movie Lex's father is Lex, the man the company was named for. That makes him Lex, Jr. by default.
>>
>>81719102
That's horseshit. Thrillers do it all the time.
>>
>>81719229
No, they don't
Sure, they hide it originally, but somewhere down the line, someone with a connection to the (for lack of a better term) aggressor or the aggressor themselves eventually reveal it.
>>
>>81719328
Yes, stupidly. Like the Bond villain in Spectre. Lex monologues, but even his monologue is a well-crafted misdirection. He's the best-written comic book villain to yet appear on film with the possible exception of Ozymandias.
>>
>>81718535

I like your interpretations and ideas anon, maybe we'll see some of this explored in future films too, lex wanting to be the founding father of the justice league and all, seems interesting
>>
>>81719457
If he misdirects, then how can you take anything he says, even his supposed true motivation, at face value or as true?
>>
>>81719328

se7en never told us who the real killer was tho, that's a top tier thriller

reading all this shit about lex reminded me of that
>>
>>81719571
Because we the audience, the only people with sufficient information can put it together. Bruce might or might not have put it together by the end of the movie, but that remains to be seen.

Lex never, ever states outright what his ultimate goal is, and the only time he's ever not lying, misrepresenting, or otherwise head-gaming people is when someone asks him what he wants. When he replies, it's to tell them what they can give him. He wants an import license for the kryptonite(Senator Finch), he wants access to the ship and Zod's remains(Senator C. Jolly Rancher), and he wants Clark to bring him Bruce's head.

For Lex, reducing you to the point where you're now willing to give him what he wants is the point where he knows(or at least thinks) he's bent you to his will.
>>
>>81719599
>se7en never told us who the real killer was tho
It was John Doe. I know that "John Doe" is a name they put on someone who's name they don't know, but that person committed the murders.

>>81719827
>the only people with sufficient information
We were never given sufficient information
>>81719827
>He wants an import license for the kryptonite(Senator Finch), he wants access to the ship and Zod's remains(Senator C. Jolly Rancher), and he wants Clark to bring him Bruce's head.
Yes, that's what he wants to kill Superman (and Batman for the last one), but it is not associated with WHY he wants to kill Superman and Batman
>>
>>81720037
>We were never given sufficient information
I put it together, and I did so with nothing more than what appears on-screen. While I freely admit that it's only my own interpretation, it's also pretty airtight and in perfect keeping with Alex's reputation for being the diabolical genius type villain.
>>
>>81720163
Lex's. Stupid auto-complete.
>>
>>81720163
That's all well and good, but what I'm saying is that we shouldn't have to put it together or guess what it is, because leaving it to the audience to determine usually means that there will be multiple answers, and that shouldn't happen when you try to make these characters "real"
>>
>>81720328
>that shouldn't happen when you try to make these characters "real"

With all due respect, I disagree. "Real" people are very rarely cut-and-dried enough to sum up in a monologue. It's my contention that they gave us all the pieces and intentionally left it open to interpretation precisely so we can either walk away with a superficial glance saying, " It doesn't make any sense," or we can analyze it and come away with an appreciation for a brilliant(if failed) "master plan."

Either way, it appears to me that this plot(and by extension, this entire film) was put together for fans of the genre, and observant ones at that.
>>
>>81720556
>It doesn't make any sense
I believe you shouldn't walk away from a movie asking that question. It makes it sound like the movie didn't do its job.
>>
>>81720163
>keeping with Alex's reputation for being the diabolical genius type villain.
The fact that you go in with that reputation means you're looking for reasoning and justifications that fit that idea rather than it being presented to you.

It's like Superman. We know Superman has a reputation of being a good, selfless guy, so anything that's on screen, even if it conflicts with that, is viewed through the "but he's still a good guy so it must be because of this". logic
>>
>>81716299
>Why does he want Superman to kill Batman?
This is actually a good question because shouldn't Lex be Batman's biggest fan? Batman is 100% human ingenuity after all.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 320x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 320x271
T be Deesad's play thing and kill Superman for Darkseid.

Wake the fuck up faggots it was so obvious.
>>
>>81720654
What are your thoughts on "The Prestige?"
>>
>>81720830
He wants to prove that Superman will kill in order to save his mother. To prove that Superman cannot be both all good and all powerful, either Batman kills Superman proving he is not all powerful or Superman kills Batman proving he is not all good. The movie doesn't really have an easy answer for this, summed up by Lois saying "I'm not sure it's possible for you to love me and be you." Superman has human relationships that make him vulnerable to exploitation but without those relationships would he have any stake in humanity at all?
>>
>>81720830
>>81718535

Lex is his own biggest fan. Everyone else is just a pawn to be pushed around.
>>
Don't understand what is difficult to grasp about the character. This is the closest to comic Luthor that we have ever got on screen, in terms of how he thinks, even if his mannerisms and look is different.
>>
>>81716299

Prepare for a 500 reply thread OP. Last huge thread we still couldn't figure it out. However I like your line of reasoning and thinking about the father stuff. However, I think you're making it make more sense than the movie even intended too.

It feels like the audience is having to connect the dots for them just to make it work out in our minds.
>>
>>81721249
>this is the closest we've got to comics Luthor even if he doesn't act, look or operate the same way and everyone is divided on his characterization and motivations
>>
>>81720924
This
>>
>>81716299
>Im sorry
No youre not faggot
>>
>>81716724
If that were true then it'd still be poorly written because it gave zero indication that that was the case
>>
>>81720988
It's an alright film. I don't see the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>81717116
The bomb which has zero effect on the narrative, other than killing the Senator (who didn't have much purpose herself)
>>
>>81721457
Not if you are familiar at all with Darkseid you know this >>81720924 nigga always preps the Earth.
>>
>>81721491
Just that it doesn't make sense(if the device really works).
>>
>>81721066
>Superman has human relationships that make him vulnerable to exploitation but without those relationships would he have any stake in humanity at all?
No, he wouldn't,
And for some reason the movie wants us to think this is a good thing,
>>
>>81718841

I just realized "Plan C" may have been why he was gathering info on all the other super humans.

However, it also seems like Doomsday wasn't even a Plan at all. He was setting up Batman to kill Superman, but only discovered Doomsday was a thing after he went into the ship.

It was more like

>Plan A: Use Batman to kill Superman

>Plan B: Aw fuck that use this Zod-monster instead, there we go.

Plan B was being made up as we went along?
>>
>>81719457

>Like the Bond villain in Spectre.

>the Bond villain

>Doesn't know who the fuck Blofeld is and why he's super important and awesome for the Bond mythos.

Casual get the fuck out.
>>
>>81721654
Plan A was always for Bruce to die.

>>>/tv/68085583 #
>>
>>81721529
are you dumb

The bombing is literally the straw that breaks the camels back and gets Batman to go to war.

The bombing was designed to do several things.
1 - Manipulate Bruce Wayne's feelings, using an ex employee driven to suicide bomb, killing others simply due to the existence of Superman. To Bruce's eyes at this point, Superman causes nothing but death and destruction
2. Plant doubt within the public's mind about Superman. Did he let it happen? Did he try to stop it? etc, etc
3. Killing the Senator as childish revenge.
>>
>>81721690
He *is* super awesome, but not when he's dumbed down to the point where he's behind literally every defining tragedy in Bond's life, regardless of how little sense that makes.
>>
>>81721762
4) Eliminating one of the few people who could testify to his involvement in a conspiracy.
>>
>>81716299
>it's an "OP acts like an idiot so he can pretend the movie had problems, even though the answers are apparent to anyone who paid attention" thread.
Ick.
>>
>>81721570
How did it not make sense? The device transports, but also duplicates, right?
>>
>>81721915
Right, but if it really does that, why don't you just pull Borden's trick *with* that duplicate?

The shock and subsequent murder of the first dupe is understandable, but are we to believe after having had dozens of performances to mentally prepare himself for what he's doing, it never occurs to him that it might be an option?
>>
>>81722011

Becuase Angier was a legitimate lunatic at that point. He talked about getting a rush of excitement over not knowing if he would be the man on the stage or the man in the tank at the end of the night. He was a shell of a human being.
>>
>>81722011
Because he figured that Borden would investigate how he was able to do it, so he sent Cutter to find Borden and the dead Angier so Cutter would accuse him of murder and Borden would be found guilty and be killed.
>>
So did Lex know Batman is Bruce? And he didn't do anything with that info?
>>
>>81722190
He did what he wanted to accomplish with it. He pushed his buttons and helped work him up into blowing his stack and committing to trying to kill Clark.
>>
>>81721287
>Last huge thread we still couldn't figure it out.

So it was literally filled with nothing but retards?
>>
>>81720037
Batman is just a convenient tool, a means to an end, expendable once his usefulness has expired. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>81722104
I don't disagree, but isn't that in the big reveal at the end? I had the impression it was the continuous use of the machine, and the nightly/weekly murder it entailed, that were the factors that contributed to his descent into madness.

Granted, one of the going themes of the movie are the perils of obsession, but I still had the impression that there was a big difference between Angier pre- and post-device.
>>
File: Confused.jpg (18 KB, 228x172) Image search: [Google]
Confused.jpg
18 KB, 228x172
So, huh, can I ask something?

I literally fell sleep through the film, so maybe I miss something. But, how exactly did Luthor manipulated Batman into fighting superman? I mean, I get he abducted Superman's mother, and shit, but as far as I saw, Batman was pretty much ready by himself to beat Superman.

If anything, the bomb was an unfortunate coincidence, but at that point, it was more like Batman was ready to beat the living crap of Supes and was just expecting for an excuse to do so.

So, seriously, how did Luthor influenced him into going into a hand to hand combat with Supes?
>>
>>81722490
That's obvious and I never questioned that, I'm questioning what Lex's true motivations are for killing Superman.
>>
>>81722576
This Batman is just really stupid and gullible.
>>
>>81722579
I really don't think they were, at least that *just* killing him doesn't get him what he wants.

>>>/tv/68085583 #
>>
>I had the impression it was the continuous use of the machine, and the nightly/weekly murder it entailed, that were the factors that contributed to his descent into madness.

He was already insane from his grief over his wife's death. He spent years trying to track down Borden's secrets only to be dicked over at the last second, and he pushed everyone around him away due to his need to be better then the man that killed his wife.

Remember that he was willing to let the clone Angiers die by drowning just because of one story Michael Caine told about it being a "pleasant" way to go. He was willing to do anything in order to get what he wanted and justify it to himself.
>>
>>81722642

response to >>81722500
>>
>>81722576
Lex made sure he had the tools to actually give him(at least in Bruce's mind) a shot. Then(he thought) he aimed a homicide-bent Clark at him like a Bat-seeking missile.
>>
>>81722576
>the bomb was an unfortunate coincidence
It wasn't even that because the investigators found out and the press released their analysis stating that the explosion came from the wheelchair guy
>>
>>81722636
>I really don't think they were
I don't understand this; What is "they"?
>>
File: a8YxqBd_460s.jpg (58 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
a8YxqBd_460s.jpg
58 KB, 460x460
It was something along the lines of...you shattered my religious world view, so i will ruin you. He's kind of a militant atheist...minus the fedora...but kinda with extra fedora. He's like fox news-the guy.

I thought he was one of the more interesting characters...given it was a shit movie, it could have been an interesting take on the typical bond villain Lex.
>>
>>81722772
His own experience shattered his religious worldview. He outright said he was waiting for God to save him from his abusive father, but it never happened. It wasn't related to Superman at all.
>>
>>81722642
As justifications go, that's serviceable, but getting back to the original topic, that's as much in the interpretation of the viewer as what's being discussed here.

For me, I've always liked the interpretation where the device doesn't actually work, and it's Angier's obsessively pushing his mastery of showmanship over Borden's mastery of technique to the point where his showmanship finally fools Borden. In this interpretation, the device never really works, Cutter is in on it, and the only "double" killed was the one who initially "betrayed" Angier in the first place.
>>
>>81722753
"They" being Lex's motivations.
>>
>>81722693
>Huh, how do I kill superman?... oh, yeah, the bat!... I HAVE A PLAN! I'll try to import a kryptonite asteroid into the country, but I know I'll fail at obtaining the permission, so I'll try to smuggle it, which will attract the batman who's investigating a human trafficking ring. Obviously, he'll steal this asteroid and figure on his own the best way to weaponize it to kill Superman, because he really hate him, you know?

>Huh... boss... wouldn't be more easy to craft some bullets, or a bomb or something?

>Shut the fuck up, I'm thinking here... now, how do I convince Superman to kill the batman?

>Lex, why are you even doing this?
>>
>>81723042
You forgot me, the guy you were originally discussing this with, here >>81722169
>>
>>81716299
>Trying to figure out a terrible script

Kek. Good luck anon
>>
>>81723094
>I really don't think Lex's motivations were,
...were what? True? That's my problem.
>>
>>81723110
>Kek
When will this end? It's fucking cringeworthy.
>>
>>81723106
Let's leave it at, you, me, and Vash all had slightly different takes on Angier, which sort of serves to drive the point home that a character's motivations being ambiguous and open to interpretation isn't in and of itself always a bad thing.
>>
>>81723264
You're changing what I was debating. I wasn't debating his motivation; I was debating if the movie made sense.
>>
>>81723193
I don't think his motives were solely to have Bruce kill Clark, very much the opposite, in fact, and that was simply the lynchpin of his plan - Bruce's death at Clark's hands, Bruce's *videoed* death.
>>
>>81723333
And I'm telling you how it does, and you're(I think it was you) telling me that leaving it for the audience to piece together isn't how plots work ever in >>81720328 and >>81720654.
>>
>>81723363
>I don't think his motives were solely to have Bruce kill Clark
I wasn't talking about Lex wanting Bruce to kill Clark. I know Lex had motives to kill Superman, but I don't know what those motives are.
>>
>>81723496
Rather than typing it all out again, check this out.

>>>/tv/68085583 #

It's a take on Lex's true motives and master plan.
>>
>>81723496
>I know Lex had motives to kill Superman, but I don't know what those motives are.

Prove Superman isn't God and that he's fallible, hence humanity should not worship him like they do now, prove that his twisted personal view on God is true, show that he is mightier than God, stroke his ego by taking down Superman, etc.
>>
>>81722367

Just people arguing one way or another. Everyone calling everyone else retards for not "getting it" like they did.
>>
>>81721578
>And for some reason the movie wants us to think this is a good thing,

Not it doesn't.

His relationship with humanity is shown to be a good thing. A difficult, sometimes hard to live with thing, but still a good thing that is worth having.

At no point, no matter what Superman goes through, and people who question it, does the movie suggest that he SHOULD give up and detach himself from his mom, from Lois, and others.

It's what fucking saves his life.
>>
This is Lex son like in Superman 4. Lex is in some secrect laboratory losing his hair and turning Mercy into a Battlebot Waifu due to the battle of Zod and Superman. Lex 2 is pissed at Superman for hurting his pops. Well that is my guess anyways.
>>
>>81723105

Lex wanted to talk with Bruce about a partnership. This was before the smuggling and Batman stealing the smuggled kryptonite. So who knows if Lex wouldn't give him the thing anyway but just didn't had the chance?

That's what i thought when i watched the movie anyway.
>>
>>81717021

I was listening to a podcast last night which had this admirable summation of the role when two of the hosts who had seen the movie were describing it to the third host, who had not:

---

Noah: "And then we meet the single worst casting decision in a movie REPLETE with bad casting decisions. That would be Little Lexie Luthor."

Heath: "Who plays Lex Luthor?"

Noah: "Okay, just take a wild guess. Who would be the best person to play Lex Luthor in your mind?"

Heath: "Bruce Willis!"

Eli: "Oh, Bruce Willis would be great. That's a good choice."

Noah: "I like that."

Heath: "No?"

Eli: "Hey, have you seen The Social Network?"

Heath: "Uh, I have seen the Social Network. Yeah. Good movie."

Eli: "Do you remember Jessie Eisenberg's performance?"

Heath: "I, ah... ARE YOU SERIOUS? HAHAHAHA"

Eli: "DID YOU LOOOOVE IT?"

Heath: <still laughing>

Eli: "Did you ever wonder, what if someone took that performance and raped it for forty days and forty nights, in an insanity closet. What would that be like?"

Heath: "That would be Lex Luthor. You make a good point."

Eli: "Ladies and gentlemen: The casting department of Zach Snieder!"

Noah: "Imagine if Jessie Eisenberg were on one of those new designer drugs that made him eat people's faces, and he then tried to do an impression of Heath Ledger doing the Joker, and that's his performance for the whole...fucking...movie."
>>
File: 1205958567282.png (187 KB, 641x2614) Image search: [Google]
1205958567282.png
187 KB, 641x2614
>>81716299
it was a bad allusion to Captain Ahab from Moby Dick.

>Ahab's quest is grand, ungodly, and god-like. Starbuck accuses the captain of blasphemy for seeking revenge against a "dumb brute . . . that simply smote thee from blindest instinct" (Chapter 36). For Ahab, blasphemy is no vice. He would "strike the sun if it insulted me." The captain wants to take on the structure of nature, even God himself. To him, Moby Dick is not just some dumb brute. The White Whale is a façade, a mask, behind which lurks the "inscrutable thing," the force that is Ahab's true enemy. Ahab is certain that the force is evil. Others find the evil in Ahab's ego, in his own soul. To understand Ahab, we must understand that it is this force behind the mask that Ahab really wants to kill. Ahab believes that the force wants to injure him, to limit his role in the world. Perhaps he is right. Perhaps the force is evil. Or perhaps Ahab is madness itself, striking out against the essential powers of the universe, which he cannot possibly defeat. In either case, his quest is bold and literally magnificent.
>>
>>81730335

>He is a "grand, ungodly, god-like" man who has been in colleges as well as among the cannibals... Ahab is ungodly in that he refuses to submit to any higher power. He does not worship or even acknowledge the superiority of forces beyond himself. Ahab is god-like in that he is larger than life. Perhaps he even wants to be God.
>>
>>81730149
Sounds fun.

Link?
>>
>>81716299
Dude...he's spoonfed what he want to you the whole damn film.

You know BvS was without a doubt a bad shit but people and critics treat it as some kind of confusing shit is hilarious.

You're fucking retard if you don't get it.
>>
>>81720037

>It was John Doe.

except it's not, the killer was Somerset
>>
>>81730573

It's a patrons-only bonus episode of "God-Awful Movies." The regular episodes are here:

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/

If you feel like shelling out a dollar to get access to the episode in question, the patreon page is here:

https://www.patreon.com/GodAwful?ty=c
>>
Lex is obsessed with icons and iconography, that might help you understand his rants a bit more
>>
Maybe it's all a Darkseid ploy. He's scared of Superman so he beams of false dream of Superman being evil into Batman's mind to turn Batman even more against Superman, and then drives Luthor crazy and has him create Doomsday as a contingency plan.
>>
>>81721721
>Lex founds justice league to kill the monster he himself unleashed

unless he has all of them on speed-dial it sounds like a fucking stupid plan.
>>
>>81716299
>I still can't tell what Lex's motivation is.
He's xenophobic. It's as easy as that. What do regular racists want?
>>
>>81716299
>I just got back from seeing Dawn of Justice for the second time.
>seeing Dawn of Justice for the second time.
>the second time
I can't literally why hard enough. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>81731184
He has great taste in movies? I understand that's a cardinal sin in marveldronedom but that might be it.
>>
>>81731213
>dat coping mechanism
I was gonna ridicule you but then I realize it's pointless to make fun of a retarded child.
>>
>>81731233
Well at least you know what you are.
>>
>>81731173
A xenophobic racist that, now that the Mexican is dead, calls in a SUPER Mexican.
>>
>>81716299
He's a joker wannabe, basically. People love "im so randumb and crazy xDD" characters.
>>
>>81731314
He didn't call him in though. More like he screwed up and caught his attention.
As for Doomsday, he was sure that he could controld him, blood of his blood and all that shit. It's like hating Mexicans, but hiring a Mexican gardener.
>>
>>81731412
He rang the bell ding dong ding ding dong.
>>
>>81731315
Except he's not random nor crazy. Dude's just a problematic child, that's it.
>>
>>81730149
The guy wants Bruce Willis as Lex Luthor and complains about Eisenberg?

That's just stupid.
>>
>>81719571
With headcanon. Piles and piles of headcanon. So much headcanon our necks break under the weight of it.
>>
Lex had the kryptonite, and he knew Batman would steal it.

He then forced Superman to fight Batman, cause he knew Batman would defeat him with the kryptonite.

>"If men won't kill God, then the Devil will do it"

He just wanted to kill Superman in the end. Doomsday was his plan B. And he also called for Darkseid.

I don't know what his motivations were, but he clearly wanted global destruction after Batman failed to kill Clark.
>>
>>81721457
It was poorly written anyway.

The connection is alluded to in the jail cell scene. I think the bell ringing is that Earth can be conquered now that Supes is kill.
>>
>>81717188
>not having passion for the character.
Was the only person who cared Alfleck?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.