[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Fate #6 Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 22
Will anything happen this month? Let's find out.
>>
I know a lot of people don't like the art, but I really do, especially for the creatures.
>>
>>
>>77556740

Oh hey I was wondering if someone storytimed this already. Thanks, OP!
>>
>>
>>77556769
I didn't check the archive, but I figure nothing's hurt even if it's a repost.
>>
>>
>>77556798

Oh fuck!

I wonder if this is going to be a temporary thing or if it'll continue on into other issues.
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnK2wNQSo

If you want more Egyptian god insanity
>>
>>77556840

Khalid's parents are adorable. It's really unusual to see a happy, stable marriage of any kind in comics nowadays.
>>
>>
>>77556859
They remind me of Jaime Reyes' parents, which is very definitely a good thing.
>>
>>
>>
>>77556888

Ahahaha that fucking top right panel with Bastet.That's exactly the kind of disdain I want to see from a cat goddess.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77556798
Oh nooo
>>
>>77556914

AW FUCK IT'S GOING DOWN
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77556818
>>77556874
This art is making me pop a boner.
The story is kinda iffy, I dropped off for two months and I'm still caught up.
>>
>>
>>77556758
I think the art is great. I hope when this ends they find him something else to work on.
>>
Glad the pace actually picked up a little this month. This series always makes me think it would lend itself nicely to a well-animated 1.5-2 hour movie done in the style of the comic.

Hope it reaches its promised 12 issues, and maybe is given some extension beyond that.

>>77557027
Yeah, the pacing in this is a bit of a killer. Things are finally moving along a bit, so I hope it keeps up like this. I imagine that since DCYou promised 12 issues, the author got to pace it deliberately -- which normally, I'd say, is fantastic, but I think the pacing has been just too slow.
>>
File: 1344622171475.gif (52 KB, 363x285) Image search: [Google]
1344622171475.gif
52 KB, 363x285
>>77557080
>that helmet emoticon
>>
>>77556740
I still can't fucking believe they made a fucking teenager Doctor Fate.
>>
>>77557359
>teenager

He's in his twenties and starting med school.
>>
>>77557423
My point still stands.
>>
>>77557359
It worked with Batman.
>>
>>77557359
Nice way of doing things as opposed to forcing a 10 year old into adulthood in seconds.
>>
Oh shit I forgot Dr fate has an ongoing right now. Is it good? Does anybody have a link to somewhere I can download the first 5 or anybody willing to story time them?
>>
>>77562607

It's okay, it's biggest fault is that the pace is slower than molasses going uphill in January. Khalid and his friends and family are likeable enough at least though, and the art's pretty neat.
>>
>>77562678
The art does look pretty cool. I can handle slow as long as it isn't bad.
>>
>>77556840
>blessed be ALLAH
>wife isn't dressed in ninja garb
Heretical.
>>
Doctor Fate is a frustrating read.

I like the character and the supporting cast, the art is fantastic but it's so fucking slow. I just wish someone would light a fire under the writer's ass to pick up the pace a little because it literally has everything to be a truly fantastic book but the pace is the book's biggest flaw.
>>
>>77565695

But I like the slow build-up....I'm used to Eurocomics, and this is paced like that.

Anyway, are we gonna see the Duat next month? I'm HYPE AS FUCK. Also good that they didn't make Anubis buckle to something as lame as electricity overload.

Also old people lovin'.
>>
>>77556740
This fate doesn't act muslim-y at all. So what are second generation american muslims like irl? Are they more similar to Ms Marvel or are they like Khalid?
>>
>>77570189
Khalid.
>>
>>77570217
I just find it hard to believe that a muslim parent would let his/her kid sleep around
>>
>>77570244
a fundamentalist muslim wouldn't have migrated to America in the first place.
>>
>>77570244

I met a friend from Syria. Escaped a few years ago. His parents are mad traditional and his little brother's english sucks. But this kid fucks exclusively big tit hispanic girls. American dream bro. He still follows most of the other religious stuff but he is way more Americanized than most. Likes fast food and rap music etc.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.