[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: Transformers.jpg (49 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
Transformers.jpg
49 KB, 351x500
What went right?
>>
>>77555469
Well, they kinda got Optimus' design down.
>>
Great teaser, great voice actors for TFs. Nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoVkYuCiHsA
>>
>>77555469
The car chase between Barricade and Bumblebee, and even that was too short.
>>
File: 412.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
412.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
Question: Is this Megatron, or is it a box of engine parts that I threw down my stairs and then glued together?

The answer will shock and amaze you.
>>
>>77555469
that first time the helicopter bad guy transforms, hearing that noise in the theatre was legit. too bad every movie after the first was garbage, and that last one, where they got lazy with the transforming, and just had the bad guys swirl around and turn into things, that was just terrible
>>
File: 13714160583_fcafc4831d_o.jpg (206 KB, 1024x709) Image search: [Google]
13714160583_fcafc4831d_o.jpg
206 KB, 1024x709
>>77555469
>TF1
- Alien look
- big action
- ground breaking cgi for the time

>Tf2
>Better action
>nice filming locations

>Tf3
>Prime had a trailer
>More bots

>TF4
>Primes out of fucks
>Welker

The movies aren't the best but I can't say I don't sit and watch them from time to time.

Can't help but get giddy when I see a yellow Camaro drive down the road with the Autobot package.
>>
>>77555576
a engine is just a big metal box with some pistons, i doubt you could make pic related with that. unless you mean just all the stuff under the hood of a car?
>>
>>77555527
BArricade was actually the only thing in the first movie I liked

I enjoyed the novelty of a Decepticon emergency vehicle. They should have more. An ambulance and firetruck would be nice.

The third one was the only movie of the three that I can actually say I enjoyed. It was like watching a G1 cartoon
>>
>>77555469
The CG blew my mind in 2007.
>>
Bumblebee not being able to talk was novel in the first movie, rather than just being a nonsensical gimmick later on.
>>
>>77555596
How did Transformer 2 had better action? I could barely make heads or tails of anything that was going on during the explosions.
>>
>>77555714
I thought it was clever how he spliced together different audio to communicate.
>>
>>77555753
How can people not follow basic as fuck scenes?
>>
>>77555765
Cinemasins brought up a good point, if hes using prerecorded radio to simulate speech, how is that any different from simulating speech the normal way? Especially since apparently Bayformers can alter their physiology at will.
>>
>>77555781
>>77555753
You mean the robot on robot fight scenes?
Yeah, those where shit.
>>
>>77555781
All that annoying shaky camera. It's a fucking headache.
>>
File: screenshot-lrg-01.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-lrg-01.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>77555753
Really? It was pretty clear, you could make out who was fighting who.

Or maybe I'm just glossing over it all and having the forest fight be on top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdoDKgDWBE

That, and the scene where Prime gets his 360 transformation was the best on the big screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1L0DM9VSck
>>
File: 1404765718538.jpg (1 MB, 3504x2359) Image search: [Google]
1404765718538.jpg
1 MB, 3504x2359
These movies may be utter shit but I'll give the first movie credit for every Decepticon playing a significant role in looking for the Allspark, taking out the military, finding Megatron, and holding off in the Autobots.

In all other movies, the Cons are almost all easily-defeated cannon fodder that do little to nothing.
>>
>>77555807
There was nothing redeemable about that garbage, exactly.
>>
File: cad.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cad.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on gay space rocks, /co/?
>>
>>77555790
>CinemaSins

Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>77555821
People complained the Decepticons were too powerful.
>>
File: Rotf-optimusprime-film-forest2.jpg (133 KB, 2685x1959) Image search: [Google]
Rotf-optimusprime-film-forest2.jpg
133 KB, 2685x1959
The forest battle in ROTF.

That's it.
>>
>>77555831
>gay rocks
>there's no genders

If they're going to do it, go all the way.
Don't pussyfoot around the subject.
>>
>>77555469
they turned Optimus Prime into Mecha Kenshiro
>>
>>77555935
YOU'RE ALREADY SCRAP
>>
>>77555469
I liked Optimus Prime's Energon swords.
>>
i liked more the "robotic" designs from the first one, they felt more simple and looked better
some point during the third one they were almost humans wearing metal

also the fights, forest battle was the best one

jazz was best bot with best car mode

also the decepticons wrecking everyone shit and not jobbing like little bitches to humans on later movies
>>
It has incredible CGI.
>>
>>77556410

RotF's CG sucked ass in many places though, especially Egypt battle. In several places you could easily spot the Decepticons' CG models floating slightly above ground or jitter as camera pans over them.
>>
Visually pleasing and Optimus' voice is great as always
>>
Also Peter Cullens voice.

>>77556456
I was mostly talking about the first film.

I hadn't noticed any CGI flaws in RotF though.
>>
>>77555469

it appealed to my inner fanboy/manchild...even though I was only 12 when it came out.

the voice work and OST was the highlight though.
>>
They generally get the robots' personalities down, and the fight scenes are turn-off-your-brain fun.
>>
Splitting the first movie between three points of view makes me take it a bit more seriously, as we see the affect a minute alien invasion would have on the government and military, rather than just making some white teenage kid obsessed with losing his virginity the end-all be-all. The robot designs were great, I know some geewuns were angry that they weren't blocky robots with people faces, but I like that ILM went the distance with the CGI, made it a bit more realistic seeing each character shift into tiny different parts and form back together as a car. The first movie was before Hasbro started pushing 'Bee hard, so his role in the movie being more pronounced is more circumstantial, the rest of the Autobots feel like they're pitching in during each fight, and they all get a word in during their discussions, whereas there were literal nameless Autobots in the sequel. Speaking of nameless, every Decepticon also had a pronounced character, you could tell one from the other, they had characters based in G1, and weren't complete cannon fodder, they make a pretty big deal out of each Decepticon kill. The fight scenes are well choreographed and shot, fun to watch. Oh, and Starscream was actually cunning and competent, not a complete sniveling failure.

They get a lot of hate as a franchise, which is understandable and even deserved, but looking back on it, the first Transformers film felt like they really gave a damn, since they weren't guaranteed money makers yet.
>>
>>77557800
I got no problems with the first movie. Everything after is dog shit to me, especially Transformers 2.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.