[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"DARK UNIVERSE" EYES BEN MENDEHLSON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Ben Mendehlson.jpg (83 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Ben Mendehlson.jpg
83 KB, 640x427
Warner Bros. Pictures is eyeing Ben Mendehlson (THE DARK KNIGHT RISES) to play Anton Arcane, the main villain of the upcoming DARK UNIVERSE. Mendehlson is willing to play the role depending on who's hired to direct the movie.

The studio is also eyeing Colin Farrell to play John Constantine, after Daniel Craig declined the role; Monica Belucci to play Madame Xanadu; Ron Perlman to play Swamp Thing; Ewan McGregor, who was originally approached for Constantine, to play Jason Blood; and is looking at a comedic actor to play Deadman and a black or hispanic actress to play Zatanna.

The movie is slated to be released in 2017.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/11/18/ben-mendelsohn-villain-anton-arcane-justice-league-dark
>>
Mendehlson is great.
>>
>>77552964
Now we just need Aidan Gillen.
>>
Oh wow this is gonna be more Swamp Thing focused than I thought, sweet.
>>
That's basically a 10/10 cast, hope this happens
>>
I really wanted either Solomon Grundy or Doctor Fate in this.....
>>
>>77552964
>Colin Farrell is being eyed for John Constantine
Oh Jesus no please
>>
>Pearlman as Swamp Thing

Yes please!
>>
First Suicide Sqaud, now Dark Universe, I like where this is going... Doom Patrol movie in 2019?

Seems like DCs new strategy is to make movies about the A and D-listers. While Marvel keeps focusing on B and C-listers.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 390x600
Motherfucking Scott Rudin. He may be an asshole, but this man knows how to make movies. JLD's going to be great.
>>
>>77553582
After watching In Bruges Im good with ut
>>
>>77552964
>end of 2015
>haven't even finished cast wishlist
>slated for 2017

it's not going to be ready in 2017

the last movie I can think of with that kind of turnaround and a similar level of budget would be Fantastic Four 2015, and we all know how that ended

also this is the same wishlist rumor from yesterday, OP

>>77553876
even if this wasn't bullshit he'd be in full on Daredevil mode
>>
>>77554560
you dont know much about movie-productions do you?

pretty much the same schedule happened with Suicide Squad
the Marvel movies are done on an even much tighter time frame
>>
>>77554560
Same way Affleck is right?
>>
Wonder Woman and Justice League Part 1 are already slated for 2017.
Early 2018 is more likely for Dark Universe.
>>
> black or hispanic actress to play Zatanna.
>>
>>77554818
project harder i can't quite see your medulla

>>77554791
i know if you're going to spend a hundred million dollars for a dead-cert project release date you don't want to fuck around at the start looking for people to head it up

even if they announced all this as solid gold tomorrow it wouldn't mean they could reliably meet any 2017 date

late 2017? maybe

summer? at the earliest

spring? no way

most of these people are in-demand so they're already working, and already working means not just filming but with press commitments for existing projects; they can't just fuck off to film something else at no notice, and they almost certainly have early 2016 and maybe the whole year booked up

also, and i don't know if you know this, not a lot of people outside die-hard fans of DC are expecting Suicide Squad to be good

they're expecting a laugh, anon
>>
>>77555483
Except... They don't.
>>
>>77555173
JLD isn't being developed at Warners. Doesn't matter what happens with Justice League or Wonder Woman.
>>
literally not gonna watch this TRASH until Bill Wilson gets cast
>>
>>77555651

you mean New Line Cinema? which is a subsidiary of WB
>>
>>77552964

Swap Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor's roles and it's perfecting casting.
>>
>>77555868
>Ewan
>not perfect Jason

>Colin
>perfect Jason

m8
>>
>>77553771
Del Taco's script must've really been good for them to green light it this early.

I'm surprised WB didn't wait until Suicide Squad is out before green light JLD.
>>
>>77555981
Del Toro didn't write the script. He wrote like a 40 page treatment that someone else turned into a screenplay. They've never released who wrote it, but Rudin has hired someone to polish it up.
>>
>>77556057
>He wrote like a 40 page treatment that someone else turned into a screenplay.

Which is the best case scenario, Del Toro is a great idea man, but weak with dialog and editing himself.
>>
>>77555433
>> black or hispanic actress to play Zatanna.

Alice Braga would be great.
>>
File: file.png (620 KB, 498x716) Image search: [Google]
file.png
620 KB, 498x716
>>77556301

There are better looking brazillian actress.
>>
File: file.png (364 KB, 436x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
364 KB, 436x600
>>77556301
>>77557257
>>
>>77557257
Wasn't she in Gilmore Girls?
>>
File: file.png (181 KB, 307x452) Image search: [Google]
file.png
181 KB, 307x452
This one has some brown games going on.
>>
>>77557409

No, she was in a british series called Skins and in the Maze Runner movies.
>>
>>77555855
Correct, it's a subsidiary. Not Warners proper. It doesn't matter what Wonder Woman or Justice League is doing. New Line is on their own independent development track for this project. We don't even know if this or the Vertigo properties are even going to tie into the DCEU.
>>
>>77555433
Black no, Hispanic maybe

Zatara can pass as a Spanish name but she's Italian.
>>
I would be completely fine with this.
>>
>>77552964
Dakr universe?
>>
>comic gets cancelled before it ever comes out
>still gets a movie
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.