[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Titans Hunt 002 storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 55
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
alfred is the best
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77546383
I wanna bury my face in Gnarrk's ass.
>>
>>
>>
>>77546360
Hawk and Dove references
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77546517
>Quick as a Flash
>As a Flashj
>A Flash
WALLY
>>
>>77546517
>Quick as a Flash
WALLY
A
L
L
Y
>>
>>
>>77546548
J E S S E
E
S
S
E
>>
>>77546542
It's good to see Mal getting some love
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77546603
>GRAY-1
Really, Dick? Are you that egotistical?
>>
>>
And that ends this issue. Hope you all enjoyed the storytime
>>
>>77546648
How else is he going to differentiate it from Gray-2?

Maybe he should take a page out of Superman's book, and name them after his exes.
>>
>>77546603
Is this actual music?
>>
>>77546712
Yes
>>
They fucked up which hand Alfred lost.
>>
>>77546675
Thank you
>>
>>77546911
It's okay, Snyder will give Alfred a super cool hand that has cutting edge technology and everyone will forget that hand isn't even real.
>>
File: Brave_and_the_Bold_54.jpg (140 KB, 400x601) Image search: [Google]
Brave_and_the_Bold_54.jpg
140 KB, 400x601
>>77546273
Oh hey, it's Mister Twister. Did he ever make any appearances outside of this?
>>
>>77546955
I think he showed up as Gargoyle in the 1999 Titans for an arc.
>>
>>77546517
They are teasing this so hard.

They fucking know we want Wally so badly and I just know they're going to refuse to give it to us.
>>
>>77546675
It begins.
>>
>>77546558
I actually wouldn't mind this. But I'm a JesseDick shipper so I'm biased.

Fuck man, I know Wally is coming. Abnett is too smart for this. He teased Hawk and Dove. He teased Mr. Twister. They're all coming. You telling me Wally isn't coming, after all that teasing? There's absolutely no way.
>>
>>77546712
The playlist already exists.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRSJ7wwM1ndSHBa8RFrB-dtljyXir66em

>>77546675
Yay Donna. It's time to start the path to getting the old characterization of Donna. Or at least a mix.

>>77546586
Oh you already know Karen gave him some love.

>>77546542
Poor Roy. Shit is always happening to him.

>>77546343
Literally the reason I have no more doubts in Abnett. He is the only writer in some time to write a normal, fun Alfred. Even SeeKing didn't get to (tbf, they didn't have time, but still).

>>77546360
>>77546383
Gnarrk is so fucking endearing and cool at the same time. I've never given a shit about a caveman character, but Gnarrk is cool. Maybe it's just because the name of the book is Titans.
>>
>>77547322
What the fuck? The Internet apparently works pretty fast.
>>
>>77546675
>Donna
AW SHIT IT'S TIME FOR CONTINUITY TO GO FUCK ITSELF
>>
Did someone post the first issue last week, I must of missed it. This is looking good!
>>
>>77547691
You mean last month. It was pretty good. Try finding it at Empirestash or something.

I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who went in and read #1 and 2 consecutively, as a lot of people didn't like #1 only because it was a lot of set up (I liked it a lot).

>>77547364
The Internet loves Dick. As well as the Titans.

>>77547685
Books have been "subtly" doing that for months now, literally retconning previous runs and shit. A good example would be Grayson. I'm glad Abnett is going to have TH do it openly.
>>
>>77547793
Yes, but Donna appearing makes it OFFICIAL that canon is turning itself into pretzels
>>
Win'O for Titans Hunt 001
>>76901818
let's see
>>
aw yeah, Titans Hunt 001 for those who missed it
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77547793
I like it but the plot is moving too slow. I hope it picks up next issue.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77548097
That's nice of you, bruv. This third person narration is sick. It really replicates the feeling of older Titans books, and it really projects this feeling of dread.
>>
>>
I'm still a bit iffy about the concept, but the fact that they actually fucking brought back someone as obscure as Mister Twister makes me inclined to give it a shot.
>>
>>77548266
Well, I needed to read it. No sense going to get it and then not putting it up for everybody else.
>>
>>
>>
>>77548211
That's true. I like character work as much as plot, so just seeing the characters go, "wait... why do I feel like I've seen this before," was entertaining.

The plot is moving slow, but I think it'll pick up with #4. #5's solicit gives away that a lot of shit is going to go down. #3 seems like it's going to focus primarily on Donna, but #4 is going to feature Dick, Donna, Garth, Hawk, and Dove. So #4 is shit is starting, I think. #5 is when we get some real story.
>>
>>
>>77548297
Oh. I was thinking you were helping out the anon (so you) that missed the first issue. Still nice of you, though.
>>
>>
>>77548341
Five issues until the story "starts" trade wait methinks
>>
>select all images with street names
>Grayson Avenue
Thanks captcha
>>
>>77548373
No, I'm a different anon. Who also missed the first issue.
>>
>>
>>
>>77548384
It's already selling like shit. ;__; At this rate, we won't be getting the new Titans team relaunch that people assumed we would.

>>77548440
Well then.

>>77548413
>Grayson Avenue
Kek.
>>
>in the middle of some spy shit
suddenly fragmented images of another past, your past, come crashing back to you
>psychic messages, haunting melodies
A SPY AIN'T GOT TIME FOR THIS SHIT
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>no ridiculous panties
Why even bother calling him Robin if he's not going to be wearing the panties?
>>
No idea what's up with these pages, posting them anyway
>>
>>77548211
Isn't it a 12 issue mini?
Because if so we're basically just one issue in of a six issue arc now.

It took BRE until #7 to pick up since it's a six month long weekly
>>
>>77548646
Oh yeah, true. I guess I just want to see the characters interact more together instead of everyone being so separate.
>>
>>77546517
>quick as a Flash

Wally when

pls
>>
>>77548701
Eh, it's hard to do that when they literally forgot each other. But at least we get Dick, Donna, and Garth next issue.
>>
>>77548801
Also true. I'm definitely down to see these three interacting more often.
>>
>>77548826
Yeah, I want to see them get Garth to be someone beyond his current self of, "Arrrgh, I'm Atlantean!" And Donna needs to get back to being the old Donna, too. Dick could help them both get back to being normal.
>>
>>77548523
>It's already selling like shit. ;__; At this rate, we won't be getting the new Titans team relaunch that people assumed we would.

I don't know why people thought this would happen. That whole meat-and-potatoes thing is bullshit, they are going to publish stuff that sells and stuff the creators want to work on. Anyway the whole franchise is toxic and they should just let it rest now
>>
>>77548786
He'll be the deus ex machina that saves them all against Antithesis in issue #11. #12 will be an epilogue issue where the Titans all remember each other and they have a couple drinks (except Roy). Then they all decide they should reform the team, with Donna taking over as leader because Dick is too busy. Dick is a reserve member that they call during emergencies. Wally changes his name to Wally Garrick or something and they all live happily ever after. Then, new book: Titans Together. First issue, shit hits the fan, and they call Dick in. He then convices Spyral to let him help out the team on a regular basis.
>>
>>77548973
I hope you're right. Would keep him away from Venditti too
>>
>>77546603
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRSJ7wwM1ndSHBa8RFrB-dtljyXir66em
Huh, didn't realize the artist for this book was Filipino.
>>
>>77548871
Yeah, this should definitely be the endgame for this series.
>>
>>77547219
Hawk and Dove got revealed through solicits.
>>
File: pepe_is_kill.png (454 KB, 697x360) Image search: [Google]
pepe_is_kill.png
454 KB, 697x360
>Wally won't appear
>>
File: 1444199618353.png (483 KB, 529x470) Image search: [Google]
1444199618353.png
483 KB, 529x470
>>77546517
Stop teasing goddamit DC give me back my redhead husbando
>>
File: Just end it all already.jpg (76 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
Just end it all already.jpg
76 KB, 800x516
>>77548973
Stop makine me want things that will never happen
>Dick will never tutor Tim on how to be a good leader
>Wally will never teach Bart how to be based as fuck
>Donna will never mentor Cassie
>>
>>77547828
Well Donna's always been a time paradox that achieved sentience... Might as well embrace that fact
>>
>>77549907
>wanting Dick to interact with worst Robin
>caring about Cassie still
>>
>>77549655
They were revealed to be in the book before #1 even came out. My point was that they're teasing things that will appear. Twister references, and now here he is. Hawk and Dove references, they officially show up in #4. So, I believe Abnett wouldn't betray fans like that. He's smart.

>>77549677
>>77549780
Don't give up!

>>77549907
>Yfw this is literally what we thought YJ S2 was until shit happened
DC will always find a way to make this never happen.

But, I do think Didio, Johns, and Lee know the appeal of the Fab Five, so that's why I think Titans Hunt could lead to a relaunch. Maybe.

>>77549982
>Sentient time paradox
Kek.
>>
>>77550063
Hawk and Dove wasn't a tease. It was just literally something we know is coming because they're obviously in an issue's solicit.

Wally/Flash/whatever is a tease because there's nothing in the solicits but there's a bunch of shit in the text.
>>
>>77550049
That's not Jason Todd.
>>
>>77549907
Wally West is too young to even be friends with Dick Grayson and Kyle Rayner.

It's downright depressing. Barry remade the world in such a way that his nephew would never replace him again, would never have his family, and would never have his friends.

Barry was the real villain all along.
>>
>>77550264
They could just don't give a shit and use black Wally anyway
>>
>>77550264
>being this dumb

They could easily send black Wally to the past and have him grow up with them

But it would probably be best to just use white Wally and have two versions around
>>
Just give us Jesse Quick, so we can have the QuickDick pairing back
>>
>>77546517
The "Hey guys I totally know you want Wally West so I'm just gonna say Flash over and over again awkwardly in dialogue so you know I know" thing has already gotten old and it's only two issues in.

If you know people want Wally West then make a fucking Wally West involved story, don't just annoy people.
>>
The other two post-Convergence books have people who were actually on that Blood Moon show up. I'm convinced we'll get Convergence Wally in this and maybe his kids too.

>>77550397
would also be fine though
>>
>>77550264
No, it's Pandora's fault for this shit.
>>
>>77550397
Why do people want this so bad? Is it just because Dick has to fuck literally everyone in the universe?

Jesse and Rick are the OTP.
>>
>>77550463
Barry's the one who fucked it up in the first place and it's not like Pandora would say "No, having another superpowerful speedster will not help in the crisis to come" and deleted Wally herself.

It's all Barry, man. He wanted to be the one true Flash and now he is.
>>
>>77550506
That's why his best friend is Hal Jordan.

They both wanted to recreate the DCU in their own image, only Barry Allen got away with it.
>>
>>77550506
>>77550264
>>77550463
>They deleted decades of history of 2 major speedsters who were tied to other characters and teams to then procceed to give The Flash to fucking VENDITTI

I get so mad
>>
>>77550481
>Is it just because Dick has to fuck literally everyone in the universe?
ummm yes?
>>
Soooo... i was searching for more information about the new Telos book, because the book is abit confusing about which version of Brainiac that is, you know, the one about Convergence and... well, i'm searching interviews given by Jeff King, the writer of Convergence main mini and Telos... and there's a podcast where...

Well, basically Jeff said that Titans Hunt will have a new Wally West:

http://thecomicsourceblog.com/the-comic-source-podcast-030-lbcc-jeff-king-interview-full/
>>
>>77550721
Clarify. Did he say "A" new Wally West or "The" new Wally West? Because there's a big difference.
>>
>>77550721
>http://thecomicsourceblog.com/the-comic-source-podcast-030-lbcc-jeff-king-interview-full/
what time?
>>
>>77550721
>"working with amazing creators like Dan Jurgens and Scott Lobdell"

Yeah he has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>77550740

I don't know. It's hard to tell.

>>77550741

3:40.
>>
>>77550721
He just confirmed that the lost Titan on the cover was Wally
>>
>>77550740

He say "A... A... A... a new Wally"
>>
>>77550799
He says that "You see no Wally" not "New Wally." Which is something we all know and is basically half of what this thread is about: Titans Hunt teasing Wally with no Wally.
>>
>>77550873
>>77550873

No he doesn't. He points out how there's "no Wally" on the cover.
>>
>>77546301
Wait a sec, have we actually gotten a Dick-Alfred reunion yet?
>>
>>77550928
Wait, nvm I guess this is it. Kind of shit reunion though.
>>
Does the Narration remind anyone else of Mohinder Suresh from that first season of Heroes, or is that just me?
>>
>>77550481
Because Dick/Babs and Dick/Starfire are so played out and horrible.
And Dick/Jesse was so cute in the 1999 Titans series
>>
>>77550928
We never saw it but Alfred knows since Grayson #12
>>
File: pls.gif (2 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
pls.gif
2 MB, 245x250
>>77550721

He says "No Wally" so fuck you for giving me hope
>>
>>77550415
>yfw Wally is actually the narrator and shows upin issue #10, right after the narration ends
>>
>>77550415

> yfw it's a jesse quick tease and wally doesn't appear at all
>>
>>77550948
Grayson #12 already happened.
>>
Fuck. He really did say "no Wally."

>>77548973
This was my post, and I hope that this series goes in the general direction that I was guessing they would (Wally shows up at the end, saves everyone, new Titans).
>>
>>77546517
>quick as a Flash
>A Flash

Man I'm going to be fucking livid if this doesn't end with the real Wally coming back.

>>77551232
>>77551111
Y'all are right, I totally forgot Alfred was a part of that first bit with Dick checking in on memory loss'd Bruce.
>>
>>77551227
Why would a Jesse Quick tease be dropping the words "Flash" over and over? Jesse wasn't The Flash. She was Jesse Quick or Liberty Belle.

The dude would be saying "Be Quick" or "quickly" over and over.

I guess they'd just name her Jesse Chambers and put her in a Kid Flash costume maybe but that's going really roundabout just to disappoint folks.
>>
>>77546517
>>77548413
>Flash
>>
>>77547793
Same dude, Number 1 is definitely all set up. I wont lie, Im a Nu52er, except collecting Nightwing Dixon stuff, and some Batman Pre-52 stuff. So I am not very aware of the old teen titans, but I feel this book definitely is gonna catch me up a little bit, I hope it turns into a proper Teen Titans(and the Nu52 one with Tim gets canned). However seeing Harper not on RHatO is good, same with seeing more Dick. Obviously a grayson fan.

This whole "we see the old continuity as dreams" is pretty interesting, I wonder where it all is going.
>>
>>77547322
Dick truly is a ladies man, but I wish the playlist was a bit more fun. Hopefully we will get to see a Steely/King take on what he listens to.
>>
>>77552901
It's not old continuity, It's (supposedly) their secret history. As in it happened on Earth-0, but then the world's memories of the Titans existance was erased, which includes the Titans themselves.

Which is the whole reason I actually care about this book. Dick and Donna and the others were actually friends, we just never got to see it. If it was an alternate Earth, that would be a pretty boring, and mostly lazy way to do it.
>>
It'd be neat if this book would go full meta, like beyond Architecture and Mortality levels, and really explore the Teen Titans as a concept regardless of continuity.

No way it'd be allowed to be published like that though.
>>
>>77548413
>Camera FLASHES
>Like a lightning storm
For fuck's sake
>>
>>77550481
DickRick OTP 4eva
>>
>>77551191
That would actually be awesome
>>
>>77552923
I listened to the first few songs, then the last two... I didn't like any of them. They were okay... but I fin it hard Dick would listen to them. None of the ones that I listened to really gave off any "exciting" vibes, and when I think Dick I think exciting. They were all Philipino songs, too. I would think that if Mal was making a movie, he wouldn't make an exclusively Philipino OST.
>>
>>77553187
Heh, and that's why it won't happen.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.