[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished reading Thor (the one with the cosplayer lady)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Lady Thorina.jpg (39 KB, 213x374) Image search: [Google]
Lady Thorina.jpg
39 KB, 213x374
I just finished reading Thor (the one with the cosplayer lady) and I have some questions for you experts.
>1. How the heck Jane got on the moon to pick MewMew?
>2. I still don't understand how the name "Thor" can be passed from person to person as it is a title. I read somewhere that was explained in there but I really still don't get it. I mean they spend like half an issue playing on the fact that she IS Thor, not "Lady Thorita" or whatnot... but a real... let's say logical... explanation is missing to me.
>4. This is just a curiosity and it is for whoever read the comics without knowing that Jane was in fact Thor. Was that "obvious"? Or did you fall in the Solomon trap?
I had a question #3 but I think I answered that myself.
Please don't hesitate to send me to page N or dialogue X for reference, I have all the issues still on my tablet.
>>
I really wish it had been Solomon, she was neat.
>>
File: Thor (2014-) 001-006.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Thor (2014-) 001-006.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>hurf durf I'll go make a new thread although I have already been answered plenty in the original one
Faggot.
>>
>>77544080
>the original one
which one? I searched for "Thor" in teh catalogue and found nothing related to my quest
Why do you always have to be so surly? And how is the page you posted helpful?
>>
>>77543992
1. Not explained. She clearly had help, though. Maybe the Asgardians took her over to convince Odinson to stop his moping.
2. Well, Odinson is apparently so mortified he renounced his hammer, status and name.
4. They had hinted it so offensively and drawn that shit out so long it was obviously not going to be Solomon. Jane seemed the least logical and all-around worst choice, though. So I dismissed it, foolishly believing the writer gave any fucks. During the reveal I was so far past caring I could hardly even be angry at the bullshit of it.
>>
>>77544106
The latest issue of Mighty Thor was literally just storytimed, you can still find it if you use the catalog, someone already asked the question of how Jane got to the Moon and it was answered twice.

Jane is Midgard's Ambassador to the Council of Realms
The Council is in Asgardia
Asgardia was recently located above the Moon until Odin moved it
Jane could literally walk out of Asgardia's backyard and into the Blue Area of the Moon where Thor dropped Mjolnir

tldr read the comics
>>
>>77543992
is says right there on the side, if you lift the hammer, you are thor. you might say 'but Thor had loads of adventures before getting the hammer the dorfs made' and the answer to that is that it was made to be, or became, some kind of phylactery for Thor.
>>
>>77544150
>Well, Odinson is apparently so mortified he renounced his hammer, status and name.
I thank you for your kind reply but that is still not really an answer... I mean "Thor" has been a first name since 19 friggin' 62 and now it's just something you can handle away? Not mad, just... thoughtful. Thanks anyway.

>>77544187
>The latest issue of Mighty Thor was literally just storytimed
Sorry mate I don't follow "storytimes". Stop being so nervous and bitterly, there's no use on the internet.
>>
>>77544204
>mean "Thor" has been a first name since 19 friggin' 62 and now it's just something you can handle away?
This has been the complaint since #1, if you had followed any of the related threads.
Apparently he can do that, but neither the readers nor Odin agree.
>>
>>77544226
>This has been the complaint since #1
Did the authors reply? I mean, other than the literal Roxxon troll saying "feminists always ruin everything" meme? I mean a real reply.
>>
Eric Masterson was Thor
Puddlegulp was Thor

I don't see why it's so confusing that Jane is now Thor
>>
>>77544272
You don't make right a wrong thing by remebering there were two more wrong things.
>>
>>77544255
Who cares? You can't explain away the fundamental dumb of this book's premise or the complete lack of awareness in writing.
This issue just made a joke about a football game that got cancelled last fucking night due to terrorist threats.
If that isn't a tone-deaf piece of shit, I don't know what is.
And that encounter with Titania and Creel was so cringe-inducing my stomach muscles still haven't fully recovered.

Also, most fundamentally in this book: Jane could be completely healed by Asgardian space magic any second she deigned to ask for it.
But she refuses and puts herself through the potentially deadly hell of chemo therapy and malignant, methastasizing cancer. Which makes everything harder for everyone.
>>
>>77544311
>This issue just made a joke about a football game that got cancelled last fucking night due to terrorist threats.
How can a joke about something that happened yesterday can be on an issue closed weeks ago?
>>
>>77544392
Because the game plan was issued months in advance. As was the timing of the comic release. It's a game between the German and Dutch teams, so it was unlikely to be moved.
It would be very surprising if they had not chosen that deliberately due to the well-known rivalry of the teams and the timing.

And because the issue was closed weeks ago, naturally they couldn't change that line.
So they gambled and failed. Good thing it wasn't the game against France. Because that would have gotten the issue pulled and replaced.
>>
>>77544483
I don't understand your logic. How the heck could they remotely know the match was going to be cancelled?
>>
>>77544516
They could not, obviously.
But now they are making a topical reference to a game that was canceled the night before and do so in the aftermath of the Paris attacks.
Which leaves a bad taste, no.
>>
>>77544606
I think you're stupid, or a troll. Maybe even both. I'll stop replying you right... now.
>>
>>77544684
Girl, you haven't been on the internet very long, have you?
>>
>>77543992
1. yet to be explained.
2.he gave his name willingly, though is still BS since is a name and not a title.
4.it was either Jane or Solomon, because Angela wasn't option at that time, on god forbid they have used Sif in anything that isn't canceled
seriously fuck Marvel for not using Sif, it makes way more sense for her to be able to hold the hammer, if having a uncureable dissease is all you needed to be worthy that devalues everyone who have ever been able to hold that hammer, Walter SImonson's rules to be worthy will always be to me the ideal requirements to lift Mjolnir.
>>
>>77545118
>Walt Simonson's rules
Can you elaborate anon? I torrented his run a while back but still haven't had much time to make a decent dent in it.
>>
>>77544295
>hating on based Thunderstrike
>hating on based Throg
And fuck you too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.