[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What time period do you think Peter Pan was born in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: latest[2].png (102 KB, 290x442) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
102 KB, 290x442
What time period do you think Peter Pan was born in?
>>
>>77529853
that is... a good fucking question
i'm gonna say mid 19th century. but time in neverland runs differently or something
i mean Hook didn't invent the backstory of his pram running off on its own when tinkerbell met him as a babby, right? that's in some story. so he has to live in the age of perambulators
though parts of me would still wonder if he was significantly more ancient
>>
>>77529925
I've heard a plausible theory that Hook was once a lost boy. One day Peter wanted to play pirates, but later forgot it was just a game, so the island made the changes permanent.
>>
How old is Disney's Peter Pan supposed to be?
>>
>>77529853
If Hook is to be taken as canon, then the early to mid 1800s was when he was born and taken to Neverland after he ran away.

I think the aging stops based on what the person wants. I seem to recall reading (or seeing) something about lost boys joining the pirates and becoming adults as a result.

This mental induced aging phenomena was shown in Peter Pan and the Pirates when Peter was tricked into wanting to be grown up. And in doing so, nearly destroyed Neverland after forgetting about everyone.
>>
>>77529853
The very first version had him born right around 1900. The exact date was never given, but that's pretty close. Given that, then, he'd be over a century old at this point.
>>
>>77530112
Is that the plot of Peter Pan in Scarlet? I've been meaning to read it eventually.
>>
File: peter_with_fairies.jpg (79 KB, 502x640) Image search: [Google]
peter_with_fairies.jpg
79 KB, 502x640
As an infant he meets Queen Mab in Kensington Gardens, so at least 18th century just to allow him to go to the place after it existed, though probably 19th century judging by other details.
>>
>>77530100
Child. No way to tell how many years because he never kept count.
>>
>>77536924
>>77530100
The book says that fairies have very short lifespans, and Tink died of old age before the book ended. Given that Tink was the one that found Peter and brought him to Neverland, not much time could have passed. Peter's appearance must have reflected his actual age.
>>
>>77538559
If he couldn't tell the difference between Wendy and her daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if he mixed up the fairies too. I'd bet he called lots of fairies Tinkerbell.
>>
>>77539377
I think where it gets murky is that there are several books and plays by the original author, all with different rules.
>>
>>77529853
The 1930s, where Dickensian street urchins sang Nirvana songs while slaving away in Hugh Jackman's Pixie Dust mines
>>
>>77538559
>>77539448
I personally like the 1911 novel in which he never lost his pearly teeth and his laugh is the same as a newborn infant. Therefore he's ageless, paradoxically both the youngest and the oldest you can imagine him to be, despite physical appearance.
>>
>>77539781
No, anon. Just no.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.