[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chronological MillerBats storytime, part 3: Batman/Spawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 55
Year One & Holy Terror >>77521215
All-Star Batman and Robin >>77523286

Continuing the MillerBats storytime for DKIII's release next week.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77526286
Damn, you're going all in, man. No time to waste.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>77526558
I have a pass and I'm not afraid to use it
>>
>>
>Frank Miller returns for fourth DARK KNIGHT volume

http://www.newsarama.com/26831-frank-miller-to-return-for-the-dark-knight-iv.html

well fuck me
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bumpo
>>
>>
>>77526324
>Spawn vs. Batman is a companion piece to DC Comic's The Dark Knight Returns. It does not represent current DC continuity

And that's how you know it takes place in the same universe as DKR.
>>
File: ckc1-rbwsaamc-3-144811.jpg (40 KB, 595x470) Image search: [Google]
ckc1-rbwsaamc-3-144811.jpg
40 KB, 595x470
>>77526602
Wishful thinking.
>>
>>77526929
So at least the editors were aware of Batman being too much of an asshole here.
>>
>>77526991
Well at the time there were two Batman/Spawn crossovers, the Miller/McFarlane one was done under Image and the other one (then-current Batman writers Alan Grant, Chuck Dixon, Doug Monech with Klaus Janson drawing) was done on DC's end.
>>
>>77527217
Huh, I always thought the other one was a follow-up.
>>
>>77527287
Nah, characterization of Batman on the DC version was more in-line with the then present-day Batman. He wasn't an asshole like Miller's version.

There actually was going to be a second Batman/Spawn crossover in the 00's but for some reason that never happened.
>>
>>77526286
>>
>>77527351
There WAS a second one in the 90s, just not by Miller.
>>
>>77526855
>>77526869
I love that this story doesn't end with Batman coming to grudgingly respect Spawn in spite of his methods, nope, he just tells him he's a shitty hero and then Batarangs him dead between the fucking eyes.
>>
>>77528260
Huh? That anon already talked about that other crossover.
>>
>>77526869
Spawn has nice teeth.
>>
>>77526855
>>77526869

Fucking kek.
But i do think this was the first time batman openly talks about how much he likes to fight superhumans since he can just be the violent ass he always wants to be.
>>
>>77533712
>>
punk, i mean, bump
>>
>>77526426

Holy shit, this is horrific. 90s?
>>
How bad ass am I if I own an original copy ?
>>
>>77536278
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.