[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get a Valiant thread going and now that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: BOD_001_COVER-A_GILL1.jpg (313 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
BOD_001_COVER-A_GILL1.jpg
313 KB, 791x1200
Let's get a Valiant thread going and now that it's over thoughts on Book of Death? I enjoyed it a lot, especially nice seeing Master Darque do stuff on a grander scale again.

Master Darque is now a tree
>>
I was sad when Gilad died.
>>
People actually read Valiant?
>>
>>77520593
...and will be sent to hell. Wrath of The Eternal Warrior #1 will be out tomorrow.
>>
>>77520616
Hell as in Hell or Deadside? That part I didn't get.
>>
>>77520600
Crazy, I know fellow /co/mrade? Let's go back to our Marvel event XD
>>
>>77520616

>Wrath of Eternal Warrior #1

Fuck, knew there was something I forgot to put on my pull list and ask if my LCs were doing the battle ax promotion.

I don't read Ninjak but Operation Deadside sounds like it's going to be pretty cool.
>>
>>77520633

>Can't have Valiant threads anymore without someone inevitably bringing up that Faith mini that's coming out in Janaury
>>
what's everyone's Valiant pull list look like?
>>
>>77520939

Most of my pull list is image but I had Quantum and Woody on there, Harbinger, Book of Death, etc. But all those ended now I've just got Imperium now which is pretty damn fantastic, definitely one of my favourite ongoings at the moment.
>>
>>77520567
how the fuck is Venditti so readable here but not at DC?
>>
>>77521090
Less editorial control, I guess?
>>77520960
Imperium is indeed awesome.
>>
>>77520600
I could never get into Valiant, it just feels too EXTREME for me, I dunno.
>>
>>77521186
While some of their titles are EXTREME (Bloodshot most notably) most of their line really isn't at all.
>>
>>77521186
Archer and Armstrong and Quantum and Woody are more comedic.
>>
I don't know. I had high hopes for Valiant, but right now I don't see their line being any better than what the big two puts out. It is very disappointing, to be honest. Annoying too, considering the elitist attitude of the fandom, as they are pretty much the only people you can have a discussion with about these comics.
>>
>>77520960
I'll like to add Wrath of the Eternal Warrior it's new but I liked the first issue thought it would be good starting point

I'm new to it all, so any recommended reading list?
>>
>>77521603
Start with Harbinger and X-O Manowar. Out of those titles, Unity will start. After Harbinger start with Imperium. Rest of titles tie-in more or less.
>>
I was pulling everything to a point, but then got out of the floppy game in it's entirety around the start of DC You (half-page ads really pissed me off, and it was time to switch to trades anyways). I've been trade waiting on Ninjak, Bloodshot, and Imperium, and really enjoying what I've gotten my hands on.

I'm sorely tempted to start regularly following Wrath of the Eternal Warrior, since I'm a big fan of Gilad. I'm also hoping for a Deluxe for Rai at some point soon, we'll see.

>>77521266
I hope I've not been elitist towards you, Anon. It's true I'm a fan of the publisher and find myself liking a lot of their output, but I can totally recognize their faults. Unity is mediocre cape fare with some occasional highlights, XO is standard and solid but nothing exceptional, The Valiant was little more than Bloodshot Reborn and Book of Death set up (though I love me some Rivera), etc. I have been loving the hell out of the aforementioned Ninjak/Imperium/Bloodshot though, those titles are some of my favorite writers in the biz just going crazy with total story control in really varied ways, I love it.
>>
>>77521635
cool thanks
>>
>>77520939
Rai, Ivar and Imperium. Think I might add Wrath of Eternal Warrior to digital pull
>>
>>77521603
>>77521635
With Valiant, they one thing they absolutely excel at is being completely accessible to new readers. Every single arc is a fair jumping-on point, and for an issue #1 that's going to especially be the case.

If you want to know more about Gilad before jumping into Wrath, there is some pretty good shit with him starring that you could feel free to check out to get more of a feel for the character. Totally optional, but nice stuff.

Firstly, I'd recommend reading Archer & Armstrong, the sum total of it, by Fred Van Lente of Incredible Herc and Action Philosophers fame. It's a wonderful buddy-comedy satire that Gilad plays an important role in.

The next biggest thing is Greg Pak's second arc on Gilad's previous ongoing, which is titled 'Eternal Emperor'. It's a really swell post-apocalyptic sword & sandals romp and one of the better character pieces for the man to date.

He has some notable one-offs in Unity, particularly #0 and #16 that I'd also recommend.

But once again, optional. You are more than free to leap on in anywhere you want.
>>
>>77521980
>With Valiant, they one thing they absolutely excel at is being completely accessible to new readers.
And that's why I recommended books I did. To give anon some insight and backstory.
>>
Well, here's a bump for the road.
>>
>>77520939
Just reading Imperium right now, biding my time until Archer & Armstrong is back.
>>
>>77523468
Hopefully Generation Zero will be nice after Imperium ends.
>>
>>77523537
Harada is too great. I don't want the ride to end, anon.
>>
>>77523537
Oh my, they've confirmed the follow-up to be a Gen Zero thing? Dysart'll be heading it as always, right?
>>
>>77523605
Me neither. He's really well written.
I loved that part when he waged one man war against Vine.
>>77523609
Yep, Valiant registered trademark Generation Zero so they'll probably make comic.
>>
>>77523679
Think there's any chance they'll run concurrently? I know Imperium sales aren't so hot.
>>
I got kind of burnt out following the Massani reading order with Harbinger War. Are the other crossovers (if there are any) better
>>
>>77523853
Doubt it. Harbinger ended and we got Imperium. Imperium ends and we get Generation Zero. That's how Valiant rolls. Cancel one title, launch another similar to that.
>>77523922
Unity is better, when everyone teams to kill X-O.
>>
>>77523922
The biggest problem with Harbinger War is that Bloodshot was just never really all that good. Unity was fun enough, and Armor Hunters had some nice bits but was overall relatively bloated.

Probably the best crossovers are the A&A ones, the Mission Improbable arc with Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps, and The Delinquents team-up mini with Q&W.

Makes me smile a bit seeing that storytime still mentioned, makes me feel like I did good
>>
>>77524096
>The Delinquents
Hobo conspiracies are best conspiracies.
>>
http://www.newsarama.com/26818-valiant-comics-february-2016-solicitations.html
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.