[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camp Weedonwantcha thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 204_delivery.jpg (625 KB, 970x1411) Image search: [Google]
204_delivery.jpg
625 KB, 970x1411
Camp Weedonwantcha thread?
>>
I can't decide whether I find Fred's backstory sadder or Seventeen's.
>>
>>77518081
I'd say Seventeen's, but personally Fred's story hit closer to home.
>>
>>77517752
I'm glad to see there are still webcomic artists that can show instead of telling.
>>
Would you do it /co/?
>>
>>77517752
I still don't fucking understand how in this setting there are parents who just leave their children to die. Seventeen I get because her hick siblings mailed her off, but the rest are all just abandoned.

Like how did this new wife pitch it to the dad?

>Hey, you know that son who tried to support you through the hardest time in your life? Well he's hogging the apron, go leave him stranded out in the woods.
>>
>>77518184
Shut up
>>
>>77518407
there's a chance that we're only seeing the kid's perspective on it, and that something completely different happened. Maybe the guy got better because of the woman, not the kid, and the kid didnt help at all, or made the situation worse.

Also, it was established early on that the kids have no way of reliably keeping the time, so it's possible that it's just a really shitty summer camp with an unfortunate name.

Sort of like how that one post-apocalyptic webcomic turned out to be set inside a memorial for a war or something. Just because the author said that's how it is doesn't mean that is how it will end up being.

I think.
>>
>>77518407

Might very well just be the dad being an asshole. After his wife died he didn't seem to care for how it would affect his son. Then he scores the hot new chick and gets cockblocked by his spawn, so he removes the problem.
>>
>>77517752
>Dumbing of WIllis Thread
>500 replys

>Jeff Hacks Thread
>500 replys

>Good webcomic thread
>8 replys

If there is nothing to complain about, I guess, people don't want to talk about it?

Or it's like Dr. Mcninja where it's good, we know, what do you want us to say?
>>
>>77518407
>>77518684
>>77518877
I think the dad did love his son. The son obviously helped the dad get better, good enough to start dating again and move on with his life. At that point I think the new wife/gf didn't want him thinking about his old life, and his son was just the last part of it. He's still a shit dad for doing it, though.

His story bums me out more than the others we've seen because everyone else was just straight up neglected, like they never got the real affection in the first place to miss or convinced themselves their neglect was affection but this kid? He had loving parents, one died, he reconnects with his dad and then got dumped. That's rough.
>>
>>77519472

Back when I got into the comic (around the end of the talent show arc) I made a thread that got pretty big, but I haven't seen much discussion of the comic beyond that. It's kinda sad, but what can you do. At least the KSBD discussions are getting a lot of traction lately, so I know that people actually discuss good comics here, occasionally.
>>
File: 205_fixings.jpg (698 KB, 970x1289) Image search: [Google]
205_fixings.jpg
698 KB, 970x1289
New strip. I admire Fred's optimism.
>>
File: SIT DOWN.png (234 KB, 621x686) Image search: [Google]
SIT DOWN.png
234 KB, 621x686
>>77518565
>>
>>77520128

I wonder if he'll actually break at the end of all this.
>>
>>77520260
I want to know the reaction of the world when it's over.
Like, are they going to go on a revenge trip all over the world when they're finally adults.
>>
>>77520128
>Fred realizes why all parents hate their children.
>>
>>77520294
Is it even meant to reach that point?

So far it's a solid story just showing the kids fooling around the forest. Maybe they'll even just stay there and have their own town as they grow up
>>
>>77519472
Discussion flows more often with well-known comics due to shitposting being more common.
>>
>>77520294
>>77520668
If it has an end game I imagine it'd be them just be them growing up, becoming, more efficient, taking in new kids and becomes a real camp. Maybe some of them finally get to go home but opt to stay.
>>
>>77520668
Reminds me of a dream I had where I was a runaway with a grouo of other motley homeless kids. Just a group of unwanteds banding together and being kind of a patchwork family. It's an abstract kind of feel. But I like it.
>>
>>77520717
That'd be a cozy as fuck ending. I hope that if it does happen, it takes a long time to do so.

Also Seventeen and Purdy are probably the cutest characters I've ever seen in the history of comics.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.