[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went Wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
>>
>>77517175
no one knew what to do with him

he should have been gay and it would make sense since hes been mindraped tons of times
>>
Everything that happened between the end of Simonson's X-Factor and Remender's Uncanny X-Force
>>
>>77517193
>no one knew what to do with him

> he's one of the original X-Men we have to keep him around because of the history
> so what do we do with him?
> Is he Angel/Archangel? Let's do a story where he turns into the other
>>
File: 1446298843885.jpg (115 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1446298843885.jpg
115 KB, 560x560
>More evil version of the evil version of a good guy working for an evil faction of the good guys
>>
>>77517194
I liked his Remender storyline, him as an agent of Apocalypse was dealing with the full consequences of radical 90's changes that I enjoy.

Also I kind of like the Archangel design, but it's admittedly a guilty pleasure. It's exactly the sort of edgy stuff that is easy to do poorly.
>>
>>77517194
It would have been fine if he never got rid of the sickass razor wings after being redeemed.

Like Beast evolved from guy with big feet to hairy blue thing
Angel could have evolved from blonde white boy with angel wings to blue guy with sickass metal wings

It would save X-Men as a franchise
>>
>>77517175
You forgot what it was like to love
>>
he lost his brains after becoming evil
>>
>>77517175
Still a better character than Hawkman.
>>
>>77517227

Yeah Metal Winged Angel is Best Angel.
>>
>>77517175
Why did he never legit carry around weaponry?

I mean, you figure he'd carry around weapons since he was rich and could fly. Especially when not being an X-Man.
>>
>>77517451
xman donut kil
>>
>>77517451
The writers didn't care or think about it I guess.
>>
>>77517226
I did too, I'm saying nearly everything up to his storyline was bad.
>>
File: image.png (426 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
image.png
426 KB, 500x461
>>77517451
>Writing reason
Puts him in peril more often.

>Instory reason
He's a rich guy that never bothered to learn weaponry and once he gained his metal wings they became weapons in themselves (He could cut people in half with the whole wings or use his feathers as knives).
>>
>>77517175
They erased his brain.

Really, I'd like to see Warren get his turn running the school. Not necessarily leading the team, but having him step back and be the guy in charge. Running the school, managing the money, doing the TV interviews, rubbing elbows with the politicians, making the decisions, and just generally being the heir to that side of Xavier's life.
>>
>>77517684
He shouldn't be involved with the school beyond backing it

What Warren should do it restart X-Corp the global mutant aid organization form New X-Men
>>
>>77517451
Didn't have a bazooka pretty often in the stan lee stuff?

he turned archangel pretty quick considering all things so it became a moot point
>>
As much as I think the metal wings is cool he should have gotten cosmic wings and powers in the first place also some healing factor.
But I guess the writers want the "beamer" to just be cyclops back then.

X-force Angel is best angel desu
I hate the Looney new one
And I agree with this guy>>77517684 At least give him a vital role in the series being one of the original x men and all
>>
>>77517175
>>77517193
they should have just given him some advanced physiology.LIke a few tons of superstrenght, which een makes sense since he's able to fly with those small wings. Enhanced speed and reflexes. Tough skin and feathers, so that he can take at least small caliber bullets, and with the protection of his wings even higher caliber. Enhanced senses and a healing factor. That would be enough to make him relevant.
>>
>>77518427
he is exactly like this when archangel,at least in uncanny x force
>>
>>77517194
What about his X-Factor volume 3 stuff?
>>
>>77517175

They should have just killed him at the end of the Dark Angel arc. The young one was arriving soon anyway and he's the least necessary O5.
>>
>>77517175
nothing, his appearance on uncanny was probably some of the best shit done with the character. then that other series happened, where hope or whatever starts fighting some demigod version of him. who the flying fuck lets writers get away with that kind of shit?
>>
>>77517381
>Metal Winged Angel

Best band name, or best anime name?
>>
>>77517175
Flight by itself is not really a great power
Healing blood is good for someone who stays away from combat

Basically, he has no business ever being on the front lines

So they gave him metal wings
>>
>>77518427
In 80's X-Factor he had eagle sight and could see really really far away. It was used a lot in that series but writers forgot about it.

Especially around 2000 when they wanted to make him an actual angel hybrid and not a bird hybrid.
>>
I think the late 90's had writers fighting with each other about how he should be. Some liked the edgy metal winged blue guy, others wanted him to be the classic bird winged guy. So they kept switching him back and forth over and over again.

I personally prefer the metal winged one since it actually gives him some motivation as the guy who was betrayed by humans and engineered against his will by Apocalypse. Also he is good for something in a fight for the first time ever.
>>
File: background.jpg (78 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
78 KB, 633x537
>>77517863
>>
File: P1280261_zpse2c09c42.jpg (58 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
P1280261_zpse2c09c42.jpg
58 KB, 1024x576
>>77521410
>>
He's the only character I don't mind being gay he already has the wings on anyway I ship him with havoc.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.