[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did /co/ manage to get their badges for SDCC this Saturday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: sdcc3.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sdcc3.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
So did /co/ manage to get their badges for SDCC this Saturday?
>>
>>77451540

I didn't get a single day.
>>
>>77516061
Well since nobody else wants to share I got in and got my 4day+PN at 9:36. How does that make you feel /co/?
>>
>>77517072
Fuck you
>>
>>77516061
i got thursday and friday, i could have gotten all 4 days but i didn't have enough money to spend it all on comic con.
>>
I was in a buying group and got what I wanted. We had a spreadsheet going and everything with a chat. The first person who managed to get in immediately told everybody else over the chat that they weren't buying for the group but for their friends outside the group instead. Instantly blackballed.
>>
>>77517136
wow what a dick. that implies he was willing to fuck his friends over too if he didn't get in but your group did.
>>
>>77517197
It was honestly fucking retarded too. The person could have claimed that their friend outside the group had bought a ticket for them (to explain why suddenly they don't need a ticket anymore) but that in the case that the person had made it before their friend, they still would have purchased for the group. The "gloating" basically got them blackballed with all buying groups associated with the forum that was hosting it.
>>
Wait. I thought SDCC was a once a year thing in the summer. What is this?
>>
>>77517380

There are two ticket sales for the San Diego Comic Con (many cities tend to have their own CC but San Diego is like the "Hollywood" version of them). The people in this thread are talking about the sale that just happened. You have to act fast. They sell super quick. Like within an hour or so.
>>
File: laughing skeleton.png (66 KB, 164x150) Image search: [Google]
laughing skeleton.png
66 KB, 164x150
>mfw I've gotten an industry pass for the last 7 years, completely free, with a free room at the Mariott every time.

Oh, and I usually only go for the CN panels.
>>
>>77517380

I should also add, badges are the tickets. You purchase a badge to get in. They say which days you bought to attend and all that stuff.
>>
I got in for the full convention this passed season. I'm getting the feeling that I won't be so lucky this year coming up. :(
>>
>>77517477
what bullshit do you do that allowed you to scam your way into that sweet deal?
>>
NOPE!
And I wish I was dead.
>>
>>77517905
friends in high places, my dude
>>
>>77517448
>You have to act fast.

Not any more. They went to a waiting room with random entry. So you sit until they call your number. This is why what >>77517136 did with a 'buying group' is advantageous. You can buy passes for two other people, so the more people you have in the buying pool, the greater any individual member's chance of entry becomes.
>>
Who volunteer here?
>>
>>77520842
Never done it and won't need to for this year.

What's it like volunteering? How much time do you get for yourself?
>>
>>77522910
Depending on your job, it can be either very fun or kinda frustrating.
If you're really lucky, you could end up on a panel you want to go to.
Also regarding the work time, it's 3hrs per day. The rest of the day is yours to wander about.
>>
>>77523456
So do they make you pay for the uniform? Also do you ever get any souvenirs/does the badge confer any privileges like a professional badge?
>>
>>77522910
>won't need to for this year

You couldn't if you wanted to as the signup list is closed.
>>
>>77517072
Me too.

Bummed that I couldn't get my buddies in though. Is it possible for me to buy tickets when the regular registration goes down?
>>
>>77524998
You mean the volunteer shirts? Nah they're free. You work once, and they give you a coupon. Use the coupon to exchange it for your shirt.
Some jobs do require a sort-of uniform, but they lend it to you on the spot.

As for perks, well... It makes the event free. That's a plus.
Also, returning volunteers can go to the Preview Night.
Dunno if that last bit changes this year but, that's how it was.
>>
This was only available to the people who went last year right?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.