[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Legend of Korra. This shit made me believe in the monkey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: monkeypaw.jpg (177 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
monkeypaw.jpg
177 KB, 640x480
>The Legend of Korra.

This shit made me believe in the monkey paw curse.

I'm 100% sure an ATLA fan found it and wished for a sequel.
>>
>>77513690
A sequel to ATLA was inevitable, monkeys paw or not, Nick knows how popular it is, do you think they would let a cash cow gather dust?
>>
>>77514555
Considering everything that Nick is sitting on right now?
>>
>>77513690
Dude, it's been almost a year. Get over it.
>>
>>77513690
It wasn't even that bad of a show, and if you compare it with the non-weeaboo shit that aired on its time it's one of the best.
>>
THIS, and not Teen Titans Go?
>>
>>77515037

It was a terribly mediocre show that had a tremendous amount of potential and all the elements were there to make it fantastic, but they fucked up the execution.

Which, honestly, is worse than if it had just been bad. You see what it could have been, but are faced with what it actually is.
>>
All signs of future failings were already in ATLA especially in the wretched finale.

Don't let your nostalgia blind you.
>>
>>77515191
tru. also, aang hitting a rock at just the right spot to go avatar mode is a bigger asspull than anything in korra besides maybe the kaiju fight.
>>
>>77515079
This. Korra is way better than TTG and its wave of copycat cartoons.
>>
>>77515191
Oh boy, do we get to shit-talk Sozin's Comet now? Because I had some fucking problems with it.

Everybody already knows about The Rock, spiritbending coming out of nowhere, and Katara basically stealing Zuko's big moment because Bryke couldn't think of anything better for her to do. But how about the way the old masters fuck off to Ba Sing Se? If they're such huge badasses and can take down an entire army on their own, why not, I don't know, head straight into the Fire Nation? Or at least go help out Sokka, Toph, and Suki?
>>
>>77515191

I watched ATLA less than a year ago.

Stop with the nostalgia argument.
>>
>>77515259

It was an honor thing. Iroh talks about it.

"Something something, if we do this for you it's just a new warlord moving in, it has to be zuko something something the hearts of the people."

So there was a reason. A stupid one, but still a reason.
>>
>>77515242
At least the fucking energy being trapped in his scar and it blocking the Avatar State was set up beforehand.
>>
>>77515303
But he didn't even have to go with ZUKO. Why didn't he and the others stick with Sokka?
>>
>>77515303
They still attacked Fire Nation, so why did they pick such redundant target? If kids win, Fire Nation would withdraw anyway. If kids lose, whole world will burn. So why not help kids?
>>
>>77515259
well with the old masters, most of them felt culpable for the original fall of ba sing se themselves, and would rather either atone for that or die trying than actually stop Ozai
>>
>>77515303
On that note, isn't it a little weird that Iroh doesn't want to kill Ozai but essentially tells Zuko to go kill Azula?
>>
>>77515303
>>77515342
Because they have faith in the kids.

Ba Sing Se was important to liberate because the masters with the boost the comet provides was the best chance they had. It's the biggest Earth Kingdom, nay, city in the whole world, and for it to be liberated by 2 firebenders and other old masters sends a fucking strong message. If they did accompany the kids and assured the Fire Nation's downfall, then they have to return, sans Comet, to a bunch of FN soldiers holding the largest collection of the world hostage, with nothing left to lose. The potential loss of life would be unfathomable.
>>
>>77515079
>>77515251
Teen Titans have things like comics and merchandise and the like to keep it relevant and bringing in new things. Avatar had the live action movie, comics post season 3, and then Korra.
TTG doesn't hurt the quality of the old show like how LoK does by keeping the idea of action/adventure going as a sequel.

>>77515242
Air and Balance have asspulls on par with Spirits of which all three exceed acupuncture rock.
>>
>>77515361
he didn't want to kill Ozai for political reasons. Azula getting assassinated wouldn't cause the same stir
>>
>>77515361

That always kind of bothered me. I mean, the only reason Zuko didn't turn out like Azula is because he had Iroh guiding him down the proper path.

All Azula had was fucking Ozai looking out for her. You'd think Iroh would be at least a little sympathetic and try to help her onto the right path or something, but no. He's all, "That bitch cray-cray. Put her in a wood chipper."
>>
The problem here is that ATLA made me want to see beyond its flaws. LoK gave me no such feeling.
>>
Reminder that Bryke wrote the finale of ATLA basically by themselves, so it really DID foreshadow LOK.
>>
>>77515037
>and if you compare it with the non-weeaboo shit that aired on its time it's one of the best.
Not even close. Unless you expand "the best" to include pretty much everything.
>>
File: This.jpg (106 KB, 975x500) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
106 KB, 975x500
>>77515191
>All signs of future failings were already in ATLA especially in the wretched finale.

That said, ATLA being better isn't a matter of just nostalgia. It legitimately had a lot more good parts than Korra did - Mostly the stuff other writers were allowed to fill in between Bryke's main plot points.
>>
>>77515079
Teen Titans has been shit the vast majority of its existence. That's not monkey's paw, it's just law of averages.
>>
>>77515079
>>77515251
>>77516454
Teen Titans Go is karma for people who thought a mediocre show needed more than 5 seasons and a movie.
>>
You wanna talk monkey paw curse, how about that upcoming live-action Static show headed by Reginald Hudlin.
>>
>>77514555
>sequel to ATLA was inevitable
You are clinically retarded if you think this.
>>
>>77515037
The fact it came from great expectations made its mediocrity all the more painful.
>>
>>77516284
I'll agree with that.

ATLA is like an 8 or 9/10.

Korra is a 6/10.

not that good, but far above the abortion /co/ thinks it is.

Korra isnt the Star Wars prequels. its closer to the difference between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

ESB is way better, but ROTJ is still pretty entertaining. Season 2 = the shittty ewoks.
>>
>>77515037
It aired over several years. Many of those years actually had amazing cartoons coming out and or getting cancelled.
Korra was a tumblr dumping ground and died because the ebin shipping demographic was not as profitable as first imagined.
Nick booted it for fuck sake.

How dare you sully the name of good toons via association.
>>
>>77513690
>>77515079
Fuck that, what about GOTG? At least TTgo isn't the permanent status quo.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 629x185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 629x185
>>77518648
Uh, no?
>>
>>77518656
as a huge of DnA, i've trained myself to ignore Bendis' garbage.

at least the movies have more of the DnA spirit.

I'll also say that TTGO doesnt atcually affect TT in any way. The TT canon is totally unaffected by the new comedy cartoon.
>>
>>77518685
*huge fan of dna
>>
>>77518683
>uh no
Not only are you an idiot but you type like a fucking off boarder.
Yes, even if a show is well liked, critically well received or even commercially successful it in no way even demands continuation let alone a sequel to a completed series.
I get that you don't post here, so I can't expect even an ounce of knowledge on the shit you're spewing but can you at least fucking try not to be so obviously stupid and so obviously foreign.
>>
>>77518706
clam down pal
>>
>>77515448
Yeah, this. ATLA had issues, sure. You really can't expect something not to have issues here or there, it's unrealistic. But the rest of the show was good enough that you could mostly overlook them for the sake of just enjoying it.

If you overlook all of Korra's faults you're still left with something that's just rather bland at best.
>>
>>77518717
No, assimilate or fuck off. Also get a clue about what you're talking about. Preferably both but at the bare minimum go for one of those at least you absolute prole.
>>
>>77518729
im actually not that anon kek

maybe he thinks every successful cartoon demands a sequel?

i disagree since cartoons aint hollywood, but i doubt hes that stupid. just ignorant f.am.
>>
>>77518726
what i did like about korra is the fights.

they toned all the super powers down which i did like. but yeah it wasnt very good.
>>
>>77518747
>stupid. just ignorant
>implying they aren't equivalent or at the very least co-morbid
Avatar produces such a rancid amount of retards. I mean it's cartoons for fuck sake. It's not that hard to know what you're talking about, at least in basics.
If they can't be bothered they should head back to tumblr where they will be appreciated t/b/h
>>
>>77518754
>like about korra is the fights
The one where it was terribly choreographed punching, rather than dynamic showy and well done traditional chink shit? Wew
>>
>>77518754
What I liked as a Fight FanĀ® was that the big elaborate dojo monkey shit in the fights (while still present) is much less so present (until the powerlevels get amped). The boxing lesson Bolin and Mako gave Korra at the start of season 1 about her stance and movement made me so hype for the fights.
>>
>>77518784
the choreographing isnt bad when you realize the power levels are down.

that final kuvira korra fight was pretty good.
>>
>>77518784
Anybody who says this doesn't know shit about fight scenes. There was plenty of traditional choreography in the show.
>>
>>77518770
So buttmad.
>>
>>77513690
Season 1 was ok. Season 2 was shit. Season 3 was great. Season 4 was good, but with the occasional change to great or shit
>>
>>77515079
His other wish was a live action movie
>>
>>77515361
He has no moral problem with killing Ozai. He refuses because it would hurt chances of peace with the Earth Kingdom. He's not a dumb hippie like Aang.
>>
>>77513690
I can sell you some monkey paws and hands of glory, if you really believe in that shit.
>>
>>77514995
Ha! Look at this dude.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.