[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most egregious thing each company has done in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Marvel-DC-logo.jpg (31 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-DC-logo.jpg
31 KB, 600x293
What's the most egregious thing each company has done in your opinion?
>>
>>77512976
Both have consistently marginalized minorities and women in favor of white cis males.
>>
Marvel - One More Day
DC - Goyer...just fucking Goyer
>>
Marvel - One More Day
DC - New 52
>>
>>77512976
Black Wally West was such an awful decision.
>>
>>77513000
>>77513034
>samefagging

Goyer was apart of some great comics. The most egregious thing DC has done is Identity Crisis.
>>
I don't read DC, but I've never liked a single change in Marvel brought on by the movies, it's only good in the movies up until the comics have to change because of it.
>>
>>77513073
I was referring more to their choice of making him the writing czar of their film product despite his open contempt for their core fanbase and nothing to indicate he can appeal to the casual moviegoers.
>>
File: Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg (43 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg
43 KB, 250x391
Whoever at Marvel thought this was a good idea needs their head examined.
>>
>>77513172
He wrote the first movie to rival Titanic's domestic box office and helped make WB billions of dollars with Batman. And he they didn't make him the czar of anything - he wrote MoS and was basically tossed aside for BvS for a better writer.
>>
DC - The slow, sad destruction of Captain Marvel over the years.
Marvel - The idiotic and pointless ban on the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>77512976
Black September
Joker's Daughter
>>
File: myself im disapoint.jpg (100 KB, 635x805) Image search: [Google]
myself im disapoint.jpg
100 KB, 635x805
>>77512976
civil war/OMD
New 52/captain marvel....i like shazam i just hate the lack of ongoing
>>
>>77515386
The thing that gets me the most about Civil War (and a lot of shitty comics) is that it wasn't all that far off from being great.
>>
File: flashpointspread[1].jpg (132 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
flashpointspread[1].jpg
132 KB, 500x387
Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>77512976
>What's the most egregious thing each company has done in your opinion?

That's easy it's the same for both companies. Bob Harras as Editor-in-chief
>>
File: butyeah.gif (3 MB, 430x180) Image search: [Google]
butyeah.gif
3 MB, 430x180
>>77513000
>Goyer...just fucking Goyer
ayyyyyy Goyer/Johns JSA
>>
>>77513000
>>77513034
How the fuck do you guys think OMD was worse than Sins Past? Are you newfags or do you have no taste?
>>
>>77515647
i think the OMD is worse because it had a much more lasting impact on the book.

sins past was essentially wiped out right away by secret wars, not counting everyones favorite whor still being a thing
>>
>>77513172
But that's nothing to do with DC Comics.
>>
Lobdell's Titans.
>>
>Marvel
tossing out the real Nick Fury
>DC
continually trying to give Wonder Woman pants
>>
>>77513172
>nothing to indicate he can appeal to the casual moviegoers
Batman Begins.
>reworked with Johnathan Nolan
Yeah, but the capeshit world was different before Dark Knight and Iron Man 1.
>>
>>77515647
Sins of the Past was self contained and didn't do that much (Gwen slept with Osborn, had two kids that are now AWOL) easy to never mention again.

OMD didn't just break up Spidey's marriage to MJ, it undid years of character development on all of his supporting cast, and left his relationship with other heroes in a very weird place that most writers chose to just not tackle.

not to mention the whole thing was in much worse taste. It managed to be worse than the first time they refused to let Aunt May just die.
>>
>>77515856
>continually trying to give Wonder Woman pants
IF you're going to change iconic costumes for everybody anyway, Wonder Woman should have pants. Nobody else needs pants, but she does. Obviously no one should try to fix things that ain't broke in the first place, though.
>>
>>77513235
That Quesada-Jemas/pre-Civil War era of Marvel is hilarious. Tsunami. The WEIRDEST shit from Epic. But also Marvel Knights and Morrison and Milligan X-stories.

They were swinging for the fences back then.
>>
>>77512976
>Marvel
The whole sending in ripped covers for variants was a low point
>DC
Continuing to push Identity Crisis as an 'important' comic
>>
>>77512976
Marvel- having Bendis
DC- having Lobdell
>>
>>77515453
If you aren't familiar with the intricacies of the characters personalities (and therefore don't notice/care they are acting OOC) it's a pretty good read.
>>
>>77512976

DC - Putting the stupidest cunt on Klarion ongoing.
Marvel =SJ hugbox and Bendis.
>>
>>77519473
not really
>>
>>77515386
It's been my opinion that, like many of the characters that DC's acquired from other companies over the years, it just has no fucking clue what to do with them

Like with Kyle Baker's Plastic Man run, they just need to find the right person to invoke the right amount of spirit and heart into the book
>>
>>77512976
Marvel: M-Day in particular and Joe Quesadilla in general.

I haven't followed DC since TNBSA, so I don't feel qualified to venture an opinion on that side.
>>
>>77512987
fuck off
>>
>>77512987
At the moment, you look gay. Lose the absolute piss out of them earring/s. Jarhead the cunt out of that hair. John Lennon those glasses all up in this bitch. Go to the gym in that motherfucker. Lift that shit. Then buy a sturdy-ass bed, because it'll be Beat the Bitches Off With A Stick Time, OP. Beat the Bitches Off With A Stick Time. Then learn how to talk to a btich. Learn how to walk up to a bitch, hand her your card with your address and TELL her to be at your house later that night. And make sure the last thing a suave motherfucker like you'll be says to the bitches before you arrange for them to come over is, "Bring your own rubbers, bitch." Seriously. The pussy you gonna get ...

THAT'S WHAT I TOOK THE FUCKING TIME TO WRITE OUT AND POST IN THE OTHER THREAD AND SOME MOTHERFUCKER DELETED IT! FUCK THE MOTHERFUCKER WHO DELETED IT BECAUSE THAT SHIT WAS FUCKING GOLD AND YOU ALL DESERVED TO READ IT! FUCK THREADS THAT FUCK THE FUCK OFF IN 5 MINUTES! PROTEST THAT SHIT, EVERYONE! PROTEST THAT SHIT BY POSTING YOUR ANSWERS FROM OTHER THREADS IN DIFFERENT THREADS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! YAY TEAM! FUCK!
>>
File: dc vs marvel.jpg (190 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
dc vs marvel.jpg
190 KB, 1200x600
>>
>>77516944
I really hated Jemas at the time, but looking back, they were doing a lot of crazy stuff. I can at least respect it.
>>
>>77520505
>alpha male who lifts, directs blockbusters and has a wife that he regularly fucks
>4chan

kek
>>
>>77520290

>I haven't followed DC since TNBSA, so I don't feel qualified to venture an opinion on that side.
You, You I like
>>
>>77513172
that's WB you dumbfuck.
>>
>>77512976
Marvel- Everything Post Marvel NOW, and not just the contents of their book, I mean everything

DC- failing miserably.

>>77519425
>Continuing to push Identity Crisis as an 'important' comic
Ever since the New 52, the only reference to this shit stain of a comic was that small jab from Future's End about mind wiping their villains
>>
>>77520847
Yes, are you implying you're not?
>>
>>77512976
Marvel's shady business dealings in the 90's almost killed the comics industry.

DC litigated smaller companies out of existence then swooped in to claim their IP as their own.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.