[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was available in my LCS for like forty bucks like three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 7459_400x600.jpg (43 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
7459_400x600.jpg
43 KB, 192x291
This was available in my LCS for like forty bucks like three months ago.

Someone bought it, so I looked, and it's apparently out of print and going for like 500 dollars? What the fuck happened there? Is there anyway I can buy this and pay a reasonable amount to spend on a book?
>>
DC's never been especially good to Kirby's work as far as reprints go. These books were great when they first came out, but they were dropped out of print after barely a year. Maybe they don't want to remind people how cool the New Gods could be back in the day, and how lame the newest versions are.
>>
Woah woah was it 4 Color?
>>
>>77512785
You fucked up, anon.

You fucked up.

I'm tempted to steal them from my local library.
>>
Out of print collected editions are always hundreds of dollars online. Try getting the floppies, in most cases it's cheaper under these circumstances.
>>
>>77513061
Not when it comes to the most famous comic artist ever.
>>
Holy fuck am I glad I pre-ordered the softcovers and got them day one.
>>
>>77512980
Yup, the whole cycle in four nice four-color hardbacks, on medium-grade paper. There were also volumes of Kamandi (which are almost as pricey as the Fourth World books), The Demon and OMAC (which can still be gotten fairly cheap).
>>
>>77513186
OMAC had a reprint. I totally got that like a year or so ago.

Volume 2 of Kamandi was reprinted recently, but that's just a whole joke if they aren't reprinting volume 1 at all.
>>
>>77513186
I meant the LCS Four Color, so you not picking up on that is a relief. They've had one I've been putting off for MONTHS.
>>
>>77513263
I swear they spin some kind of wheel when they determine reprints or something
>>
>>77513362
Do we have to bully Johns on twitter or something to get them to do decent reprints?
>>
>>77513077
I've gotten issues of Kamandi at $3 each.
>>
>>77513354
Apologies for the misunderstanding, then. Grab what you can, and good luck to ya.
>>
>>77513407
We should summon the spirit of Jack Kirby to haunt the DC offices.
>>
>>77513015

They actually had all of them, so yes, I definitely did.
>>
My LCS had the last two paperbacks of that in stock a few weeks ago. I instantly bought them cause I know they're rare. Why is Vol 2 the most expensive one on Amazon?
>>
Why can't they print a digital version?
>>
>>77513061
Except the floppies cost around $100+ a pop EACH and in the case of the fourth trade, has shit that is not available anywhere else (the original one-off "On the Road to Armagetto" story before it was cut up and used as the backbone for Hunger Dogs).
>>
>>77514188
>print a digital version

I hope you see the humor in this.
>>
>>77514188
>>77516169
Yeah, we got your attempt at humor.

It failed.
>>
>>77512785
Hardcover or paperback?
>>
>>77516349

Both are going for quite a bit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.