[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest disappoint of 2015.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 4123905-cyborg-1.jpg (245 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
4123905-cyborg-1.jpg
245 KB, 600x923
Biggest disappoint of 2015.
>>
>>77509274
I've seen bigger
>>
>>77509312
And that, in itself, is a disappointment.
>>
>>77509274
How?
It's a cyborg comics, being bad was obligatory, cyborg has always been shit.
>>
>>77509312
Disappointment and you've seen bigger. Are you my girlfriend?
>>
Cyborg is fine. Marvel's new titles are a bigger disappointment
>>
Haven't seen the newest issue, but I loved the first 3.
What goes wrong in 4?
>>
>>77509274
How could it but a disappointment if no one had any expectations in the first place?
>>
>>77509379
How can you be disappointed when they've been shit for the past five years?
>>
>>77509416
>No expectations
>Interviews with Walker looked promising
>DC putting Ivan Reis on art
>>
*cough* Korean hulk
>>
>>77509415
Nothing.

It's mostly just decompressed since it's written for trade, and Walker is going pretty heavy on narration boxes and Vic's thoughts.
Though the latter makes sense since we've never seen much of Vic's thoughts and struggles.

I get why it's not liked by some, but I do like it.
>>
Gene Yang on Superman?
Cullen Bunn on Green Lantern Lost Army and Aquaman?
Detective Comics taking a nosedive after a decent run with great art?
>>
>>77509752
I prefered the newest issue of Detective to any issue by Booch and Manapul. Yeah the art isn't as nice, but whatevs.
>>
>>77509810
I meant Manapul and Booch's post-Convergence arc. The art went from stellar to decent, but the writing was dull.

Tomasi's recent stuff was solid.
>>
>>77509846
Ah, I quit then too. Didn't like whoever they replaced Manapul with.
>>
Darkseid War
Johns needs an ongoing which isn't always in top gear, that's what made JSA so good.
>>
Green Arrow.
Probably the worst pacing I've seen in a book in a while.
>>
>>77509274
>expecting a comic about Cyborg to actually be good

You set yourself up for disappointment with this one, man.
>>
>>77509425
Oh look the DC shill is back
>>
>>77510617
He's right though.
>>
>>77509580
story time new issue please
>>
>>77509274

If you read 4 comics and nothing else, maybe.
>>
A lot of the DCYou C/D lister comics were disappointing. It just seems bizarre that DC would tell every team to go a super decompressed style, rather than figure out a pacing that worked for their book.
>>
>>77509274
There was a comic about Cyborg??
>>
>>77509274
i though it was quite good, especially the Cyberpunk references
>>
>>77509752
>Gene Yang on Superman?
The main problem was the art though, and since potter is doing the art now and Gene is actually doing something quite fun with it, it may be good
>>
>>77509450
>Ivan Reis
That is a disappointment
>>
>>77509752
>Gene Yang on Superman?
that was pretty disappointing

I did like the last issue a lot though, breaking away from the pre-Truth stuff helped and the fight club is a really fun idea
>>
>>77512693
I hope we maintain on the WWE plot for some time, at lest until he gets his powers back
>>
>>77509274
Why the fuck were you expecting anything related to Cyborg to be good?
>>
>>77510617
Shh don't tell the other boys x
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.