[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any old shows you're currently rewatching /co/? How are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 1447272557378.png (128 KB, 252x289) Image search: [Google]
1447272557378.png
128 KB, 252x289
Any old shows you're currently rewatching /co/?

How are you enjoying it? Does it still hold up? Any surprises along the way?
>>
I've been watching a lot of old Fleischer stuff. When they're on their A-game they put out some fantastic stuff. They're also responsible for the best Superman adaption.
>>
Found this old blooper reel of the Joy of Painting. Bob Ross is just laying into this runner in the studio about his paints being all fucked up, he's kicking over the easel, then this other guy comes in like a floor manager looking dude and Ross just turns around and floors him, one hit, then he's staring at the guy on the floor out of shot for a bit and he just starts kicking him. Never says anything until the guy starts like squeaking with each kick, then Bob's just saying "yeah, that's right, that's right" like it's the most natural thing in the world. The runner comes back with some fresh tubes of paint for him and he just wordlessly slaps them out of her hands while she's stood there trembling, grabs her, kisses her full-on, turns her around and slaps her ass as she's leaping away out of shot. Turns to the camera, smiles just like that, bends down and helps up the floor manager dude - he's bleeding from some cuts on his head and he has like a chipped incisor now - and pats him gently on the back as he helps him out of shot.

So relaxing. You cannot be mad at that guy.
>>
File: 1440490645038[1].png (117 KB, 469x357) Image search: [Google]
1440490645038[1].png
117 KB, 469x357
>>77506798
I've personally been rewatching a bit of Billy and Mandy recently after that thread about good quotes from the show. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, Billy can tend to be a bit more on the annoying/disgusting lolrandom side though, moreso than I really remember which is a bit of a shame. Fredfredburger is also terrible and some episodes leave a bit to be desired but overall it's pretty fun

Really enjoyed Pandora's Box though. Did the show ever bother explaining why Mandy even hung out with Billy? I don't remember
>>
>>77507224
k
>>
>>77506798

Not quite /co/, but I've been rewatching Dragonball after getting hooked on Xenoverse. Working my way through the whole series starting at the OG Dragonball and ending at Super.
>>
Been rewatching Ed Edd n Eddy. Still holds up very well and I found season 1 funnier than I thought I would.

I noticed that Ed sounds the most Canadian out of all of the characters who could honestly pass for Americans to me
>>
File: cornfeld.png (293 KB, 384x615) Image search: [Google]
cornfeld.png
293 KB, 384x615
>>77506798
I`ve been rewatching Duckman.
Its aged pretty decently
>>
File: batman_adams_vol3.jpg (82 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
batman_adams_vol3.jpg
82 KB, 400x567
You know what? Kinda unrelated save for OP's pic, but I would totally watch a show of some comic artists drawing pages ala Bob Ross.

Bonus points for someone crazy like Frank Miller or Dave Sim.

Hell, I've watched Neal Adams talk about his distaste for mainstream Earth sciences and their records while doing sketches at a con.
>>
File: the-critic-thumb.jpg (17 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
the-critic-thumb.jpg
17 KB, 290x290
anyway,
After watching a buncha Siskel & Ebert episodes, thanks to a /tv/ thread, I now want to go watch The Critic again.
>>
File: Dil fun.webm (655 KB, 716x540) Image search: [Google]
Dil fun.webm
655 KB, 716x540
this show is still relevant
maybe even more so than when it aired
>>
>>77506798
daria, home movies, sailormoon, litt'l bits
just finished talespin a little while back
next on the block is taz-mania
it's all good man.
>>
>>77509339
It's always fun to see somewhat older jokes still being completely relevant in the present
>>
File: Dil art.webm (2 MB, 716x540) Image search: [Google]
Dil art.webm
2 MB, 716x540
>>77506798
>>
>>77509557
I laughed harder than I should have here
>>
>>77508882
Maybe with the launch of Twitch Creative it'll be something we see going forward

Could be pretty cool
>>
>>77508831
How many episodes are there?
I sort of avoid it because I fear I won't like it as much
>>
I started watching Hey Arnold again, I hadn't watched an episode since the early 2000's. I use to watch the show a lot as a kid, and I had forgotten how good it was. When I was younger, I would argue with my friends how Hey Arnold was the best cartoon of our time, and after re-watching the 1st season I still believe that. When they want to be funny, they're hilarious. When they want to be serious, it gets really deep and somber. All the characters get fleshed out and all seem to be like able in some way. There's some charm to the art style that makes you feel like you're looking through the world through Arnold's eyes. There's also very dark moments in the show and adult humor that definitely couldn't be broadcast on tv these days. I'm surprised at how quickly I got engrossed in this show again and am re-watching I'm finding all of these little details I would have never noticed as a kid.

Don't get me wring, it's not perfect. There's moments when the animation can be choppy, or the writing fails to tell a good story, but that's any cartoon of that era. It was a very laid back show, the writers did whatever they wanted. I might just be peering too deeply through my nostalgia goggles to see any major flaws in it, but that's been my experience so far.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.