[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forgiveness Themes (gift for divorcee)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: All-Star-Superman.jpg (20 KB, 298x226) Image search: [Google]
All-Star-Superman.jpg
20 KB, 298x226
My brother is a huge comic fan and he is going through a rough divorce right now.

I am figuring out his Christmas present and I want to give him a few comics that will make him feel better for a few minutes.

If you all don't mind can you shoot me some comics that deal heavily with forgiveness, reconciliation, inner peace, and/or self confidence? Any combination of these would be great. Or even comics that make you feel good about humanity. I just want him to feel something positive. Religious comics are fine, really obscure ones are great too. I just need a starting point to begin looking.
>>
Daytripper. Self contained story, available in TPB or HC.
>>
>>77506722
Daytripper, Mercy, Phantom Stranger
>>
>>77506722
Why is Superman raping that transgender child?
>>
>>77508051
What else do you expect from Alan Moore?
>>
>>77508051
The kid was literally asking for it.
>>
File: always a way.jpg (50 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
always a way.jpg
50 KB, 500x457
>>77508051
When there's a will..
>>
>>77506722
Spider-Man: Reign
>>
>>77508356
That's from All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison, not Alan Moore.
>>
File: 1447714255962.png (167 KB, 298x226) Image search: [Google]
1447714255962.png
167 KB, 298x226
>>77506722

Supes is a great dude
>>
>>77510398
It's also not someone raping a tranny so consider I was making a joke about the Moore/Morrison feud and Moore's proclivity for using rape in his works.
>>
Thanks I appreciate the responses!
>>
>>77506722
>comics that deal heavily with forgiveness, reconciliation, inner peace, and/or self confidence? Any combination of these would be great. Or even comics that make you feel good about humanity. I just want him to feel something positive. Religious comics are fine, really obscure ones are great too
Sounds like DeMatteis's Spectre run is right up your alley

it's only available as old floppies though so I don't know how helpful that is
>>
>>77512730
You mean if I wanted *all* of it it's only available that way or just some of it?

I found this
http://www.amazon.com/The-Spectre-No-J-Dematteis/dp/B000J4JXL4
>>
>>77512817
yeah unfortunately it was never collected

I think that listing is just for one issue
>>
>>77512730
>>77512817
>>77512844
Hmm. Sounds like a great gift if I could find a chunk of it..

How many issues did he write?
>>
Flex Mentallo always manages to get me out of slumps, but thats more a story of growing up and facing your fears.
>>
Try Preacher? Idk though, Jesse's answer to everything was violence
>>
>>77512861
27 issues total

The general theme of the series is forgiveness and redemption, and the main character coming to terms with some bad stuff he did in the past and his new role

#5 might be good to look for, it's got the main character coming to terms with the fact that he died and the love of his life married somebody else but they both move on
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.