[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters who did horrible things that haven't been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13
File: 287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg (108 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg
108 KB, 400x607
Often, when a writer ruins a character by making them do horrible things, a later writer has to fix the damage, like what hapened with Scarlet Witch, Hal Jordan, etc.
Sometimes however, writers don't bother, and the character is still tainted.

For instace, Bishop of the X-Men went on a quest to kill a child and ended up killing billions of people in a future Earth along the way. No wonder no writer wants to use him anymore.
>>
Harley Quinn killed a bunch of kids with Nintendo DS bombs or something.
>>
File: Green_Lantern_Jade.jpg (73 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
Green_Lantern_Jade.jpg
73 KB, 300x465
Cheated on her boyfriend in his apartment when he was grieving from a friend being beaten close to death.
>>
>>77503200
Man thats fucked up

normally black guys go on a quest to GET AWAY from the child, usually its going to the store to buy cigarettes
>>
...how did Bishop kill billions if he is such an ineffective team member.
>>
>>77503200
Bishop's reason for doing that is a giant retcon as well.
>>
>>77503324
Destroyed bunch of planets and shit.
>>
>>77503397
Who hasn't done that in Marvel?
>>
>>77503324
He used WMDs to kill people in entire continents in one of those dystopian futures Cable keeps hanging out in.
All for the sole purpose of preventing Cable from finding refuge so that Bisop could kill a teenage girl for stupid reasons
>>
File: tumblr_mox6qil5Rk1r9cnoio1_1280.jpg (309 KB, 802x1165) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mox6qil5Rk1r9cnoio1_1280.jpg
309 KB, 802x1165
>>77503200
>What horrible thing he did?

Everything, Hank is a douche, or a supervillian in the wait.
>>
>>77503458
When Wonder Man gets back on his own feet I hope they team up again and become villains. Fuck the system.
>>
File: gateway-x-men-1.jpg (50 KB, 498x615) Image search: [Google]
gateway-x-men-1.jpg
50 KB, 498x615
>>77503449
Bishop seems like he should know better than that, in terms of how time travel works

It's even funnier when you consider how quickly hope became irrelevant. Rachel already made her irrelevant, now there's Rachel AND Teen Jean
>>
>>77503449
...so he killed billions to prevent a girl who has been prophesied to kill billions?
>>
>>77503439
Klara Prast
>>
>>77503439
Most people later get some sort of excuse or retcon. Even Namor was sort of justified in that he saved the world.
Bishop, not so much.
>>
>>77503610
One day I want to see a team book that's just Cable, Rachel, Hope, Nate Grey, and Ruby going on wacky adventures.
>>
>>77503901
Is it wrong that I want Speed and Rachel together, just because it would combine the two most complicated family trees in Marvel?
>>
>>77503439
Great Lake Avengers
>>
>>77503200
One word.

Xorn.
>>
>>77503200
This would work great as a yo dawg joke
Yo dawg, I heard a kid was going to kill humanity, so I killed mankind to stop from being destroyed
>>
>>77503965
>The two most complicated family trees in Marvel?
You're forgetting the Pyms.
>Speed is technically Vision's kid and Pym's grandson
FUCK

Are we forgetting any more completely fucked family trees?
>>
>>77503691

Yeah but writers didn't retcon her, they just forgot about her. Doh ho ho ho
>>
>>77503238
Didn't DC declare that non-canon or something?
>>
>>77503238
Not canon. She's delusional and has regular hallucinations, no other character indicated they happened.
>>
>>77503965
You already have Havok and polaris for that though
>>
>>77504122
Gwen Stacy, if clones count.
>>
>>77503364
Yeah, it's dumb.
Originally, Bishop was from a future where Onslaugth killed the X-Men. That didn't happen, so that future was as dead as Days of Future Past.
But them writers did a retcon that's impossible to reconcile with those old stories by saying Bishop is from a future where Hope fucked everything up.

If I were an X-Men writer, I would fix this and redeem Bishop in one fell swoop. I would reveal that an alternate Bishop replaced our Bishop and stranded him in an alternate reality during Messiah Complex. I would then have the real Bishop return after finally opening a dimensional portal and kill the replacement Bishop.
>>
>former slave owners
>When the slaves were released they made little effort to improve the standard of living for alphas
>Karnak and black bolt thought killing Ahura was a good Idea
>Karnak and black bolt planned the War of kings T-bomb which destroyed several planets, ripped open a hole in space and time, and let the cancerverse in
>all three sent a bunch of inhumans to die because they wanted to lose
>karnak and Medusa organized terrorist attacks on the of the kree in realm of kings so they could save the day and get the kree's favor
>black bolt set off the Infinity T-bomb
>black bolt sent his son to live with Kang
>black bolt took part in all the silly shit the Illuminati has done over the years
>>
>>77504122
Speed combines the Pyms and the Maximoffs (assuming their fake parents count), while Rachel is an example of the Summers family fucking about through time. Those are the worst I can think of.

>>77504216
Anon, that pairing doesn't bring the Pyms and their madness into it.
>>
>>77503238
As shit as that was, I feel as if it were canon/real, they would have taken the chance to shove Batman into her book earlier and have him do something about it
>>
>>77504384
>doesn't bring the Pyms and their madness into it.
Didn't Havok and The Wasp get married/have a family in some alternate future during uncanny Avengers?
>>
>>77504122
Hank surely is Speed and Wiccan's Great Grandad
Hank->Ultron->Vision->Speed and Wiccan
>>
>>77504384
Polaris is Wanda's sister who is connected to the Pyms
>>
>>77504885

Wait, Polaris is still Magneto's daughter right? Even after they retconned quicksilver and scarlet Witch to not be his children (retarted).

So Polaris and Scarlet Witch are no longer siblings.
>>
>>77503610
Last I saw Hope she was in a coma during a X-force series, did she ever wake up?
>>
>>77503200
Pretty much everything the pro-reg side did, especially Tony, during Civil War
>Try to arrest Captain America before law was even passed
>Be fascists
>Make a clone of Thor that kills Black Goliath
>Build Space Guantanamo Bay, a prison far more inhumane and horrible than any prison ever made for actual villains
>Put more effort into hunting down heroes that they ever did in hunting down villains
>Hire an army of villains, including several mass murderers, to hunt heroes
>Tony Stark getting Norman Osborn to kill a bunch of Atlantean diplomats in an attempt to cause war between America and Atlantis that would "unite us". And incidentally raise the value of Stark Enterprises stock
>>
>>77505576
Yes. Then she kicked Cable off X-Force.
>>
>>77503238
But she's a supervillain. A lot of them did a lot of horrible things. I don't think that'ss what OP is looking for.
>>
File: Hickman Cap.jpg (125 KB, 600x622) Image search: [Google]
Hickman Cap.jpg
125 KB, 600x622
>>77503200
They made Ex Nihilo and Abyss Avengers even though they're unrepentant genocidal mass murderers
>>
>>77503270
Also, stole said apartment.
>>
>>77505623
Maria Hill is plain worse than Satan.
>>
>>77505623
>>Tony Stark getting Norman Osborn to kill a bunch of Atlantean diplomats in an attempt to cause war between America and Atlantis that would "unite us". And incidentally raise the value of Stark Enterprises stock
That one has been ignored by pretty much everyone.
God Civil War Frontline was stupid
>>
>>77503200
New 52 Amazons
>>
I really thought she would be the first thing posted
>>
>>77504551
Yes, and they still remember living that future, and their child was taken outside time by Kang so may still exist
>>
File: iron man mvc.jpg (2 MB, 3620x5120) Image search: [Google]
iron man mvc.jpg
2 MB, 3620x5120
Take your pick.

I swear to god, over the years Tony has been a greater threat to the Marvel Universe than the majority of his villains.
>>
>>77507811
And then Havok stayed evil after SIXIS and captured the Wasp to make rape-babies.

Did that every get any actual follow-up?
>>
>>77503238
People like to pretend that's not canon, but it is.
>>
>>77508230
Nope.
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (157 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
157 KB, 800x800
Wonder-woman.
>>
God American cape comics are so inbred.
>>
>>77507701
Me too.
>>
>>77508294
Shame, I kinda liked the story
>>
>>77506056
>but she's a supervillain

Tell that to DC and casuals.
>>
>Tried to nuke the US
>Sunk a Submarine full of Russians

Last issue of Magneto brought up his early exploits.

Only thing retconned is the Xorn stuff from Morrison. I guess he went too far.
>>
Scott Summers killed Charles Xavier. Literally the only person that matters. Nothing anyone else in this thread has done can compare to it.
>>
>>77508774
>>Only thing retconned is the Xorn stuff from Morrison. I guess he went too far.
Was that retconned?
>>
>>77511393
A long ass time ago.

Magneto was actually Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn
>>
>>77503901
>Also the Pheonix wanted to give you this book on plate tetonics

Daaaaaaym
>>
>>77509662
Yes, but it's modern Charles Xavier who's kind of a monster in his own right. Hell, his last thoughts were probably how revived he was that he finally can stop having to try and utterly fail to live up to his impossible saint-like reputation.
>>
>>77509662
> Wolverine : Sure I killed people but never anyone who mattered

I bet if Northstar, his fucking teammate, heard that he would be pretty upset

You know the entire Cyclops/Wolverine history up to Schism was Cyclops always sticking his neck out for Wolverine and defending him if he was kidnapped, went feral, or was mind controlled and killed a friend.
>>
>>77511432
Wait, I thought it was the sentient mold Sublime?
>>
>>77511714
Xorn was possessed by Sublime yes, the main retcon is just that no Magneto didn't destroy most of New York and kill thousands of civilians
>>
>>77509662
Being possessed by a cosmic entity of fire and life incarnate is a hell of a mitigating circumstance
>>
>>77508774
Worst retcon ever.
>>
>>77505623
That was sorta retconned. Tony rebooted his mind to before EXTREMIS so technically the "Tony" that we know of post-Dark Reign doesn't remember any of it
>>
>>77503901
I know the kekoos are basically Scott's clingy daughters, but I'm not sure they should really be there.
>>
>>77503616
That's how he fulfilled the prophecy.
>>
>>77504293
>redeem Bishop
I have an attachment with gun-mutant ever since watching the TAS, so him suddenly turning into a genocidal maniac threw me off. I'd want him to go back to being a mutant time-cop.
>>
>>77512649
>kekoos
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>77512649
Well they are clones of Emma
>>
>>77512649
Why did that make me want a one-shot where Scott has to take them shopping?

Why does my mind work like this?
>>
>>77512727
Bendis did that

But they said Scott couldn't come
>>
>>77503276
kek...very /pol/ but kek
>>
File: pls leave.jpg (39 KB, 527x390) Image search: [Google]
pls leave.jpg
39 KB, 527x390
>>77504202
Harleyfaggorty at its worst
>>
>>77512682

OH WOW.

Fuck, that is funny.
>>
>>77503276
might a well make this a 2 way street anon

normal white guys would have found that baby, given in to their pedophilic ways and raped it
>>
>>77503276
Ignoring your /pol/-tier bait, Bishop is of Australian descent, not African
>>
>>77504202
lolno it's canon Harleyfag.
>>
>>77512663
top kek

How embarrassing. I mean, how retarded can you get?
>>
>>77508310
What she do?
>>
>>77517632
Well he's the character that probably understands time travel better than anyone in Marvel and he went around trying to prevent his future when he should know that that's impossible
>>
>>77512612

it doesnt remove his actions though. bill is still in a grave with nothing but chains and fucking tarps. tony always gets a pass.
>>
>>77512612
> It's okay guys, I made myself forget!
>>
File: Kang chair.jpg (183 KB, 1255x628) Image search: [Google]
Kang chair.jpg
183 KB, 1255x628
>>77517652
>and he went around trying to prevent his future when he should know that that's impossible
Implying modern Marvel writers care about the established rules of time travel.
When was the last time the "you can't change the future, you only create an alternate timeline" rule has been brought up anywhere?
And nobody understands time travel better than Kang
>>
>>77517686
I forgot about Kang, admittedly my knowledge of FF and Avengers is basically nothing. Just X-Men and random niche characters like Adam Strange or Moon Knight
>>
>>77506056

>she's a super villain

except no one wants her to be one, so calling her one is sort of a misnomer at this point.

she is an anti-hero at best.
>>
>>77503238
She also once killed and maimed an airport employee because her luggage was lost
>>
>>77509662
Everybody always makes it seem that cykes just walked in on profx on the john and like blasted him the face.

Cykes warned him 3 times not to fuck with him, but noooooo prof was like fuck you bitch boi scott. Deserved death
>>
>>77505623
Didn't they also use some kind of mind control device to enslave a bunch of super villains too? It's been a while since I read anything Civil War.
>>
>>77517589
By american standards australian natives, as well as some ethnic groups from India and Oceania, are black too despite having very little to do with african black people historically and culturally.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.