[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prophet thread? Just bought the first three volumes and this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: prophet.jpg (465 KB, 1299x813) Image search: [Google]
prophet.jpg
465 KB, 1299x813
Prophet thread?

Just bought the first three volumes and this is some good shit so far. Hard to believe they made something this good out of something Liefeld created.
>>
>>77501663
I love this series. It's one of the best books ever to come out of Image.

I really hope Earth War sells well. BTW Earth War is the concluding miniseries that starts in January if you weren't already hip to that. Liefeld has also hinted that the universe/comic may continue after Graham finishes his thing.
>>
>>77501721
Yeah the constant delays were frustrating, but I think part of that was the huge number of people involved. Simon Roy was pretty much always putting up new stuff.

Simon Roy is Prophet's greatest gift to the world
>>
File: tumblr_nx81tjtRhi1qejfk5o1_1280.jpg (576 KB, 1000x1532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx81tjtRhi1qejfk5o1_1280.jpg
576 KB, 1000x1532
>>77502115
I hope you're following Simon Roy's Habitat in Island.
>>
>>77502269
>Island
>Needs more Roy, Dalrymple, Graham
>Should maybe finish a story or two before starting another one
>Needs less KSD autobiography prose
>Needs more interviews and "text" pieces though.
>Should commit to either magazine format or TPB/Anthology format.
I'm really bummed that Island isn't doing as strongly as the team clearly hoped it would. There's a strong chance I'll be dropping it when the page count goes down.
>>
>>77502463
>is bummed that it's not selling so well
>then says he might drop it
>>
>>77502520
I'm not going to support something indefinitely just out of a sense of obligation. The fact is, I'm just as frustrated at the team for making a weird not-TPB/not-Magazine for 7.99 as I am at the community for not at least GIVING IT A CHANCE.

I never said people should buy it forever, no questions asked. I'm frustrated that these first ~6 issues are probably going to be the only thing worth buying because by issue 7 or 8 they're going to be "feeling the squeeze" of subpar sales.

>restaurant opens, I love it
>frequent for months, no problem spending money here
>no one else eats here
>can't keep good servers, food quality goes down
>i'm now wasting my money
Why would I keep eating there? Why does EVENTUALLY getting fed-up with the product preclude me from being irritated that people never gave it a fair shot TO BEGIN WITH.
>>
>>77502463
It's the European model of "large chapters come out when they're ready" instead of the American model of "small chapters come out on a regular schedule".

I'm also bummed at the page count dropping to 80 pages in issue #8, but if not for that then I'd have no problem supporting their sweet, Euro-esque model.
>>
>>77502790
Oh I definitely appreciate the aesthetic, and honestly it reminds me a lot of Heavy Metal/Metal Hurlant as far as "I like about 60-70% of it."

Maybe I'm letting my distaste for some of the contributors influence my opinion, but I feel like it was a waste of time to LEAD with KSD, Emma Rios and Ludore in the first few issues.
>A wanky prose piece, writing about writing about writing
>two-tone milquetoast "transhumanist" comic that should have been a wachowski series on netflix
>two-tone teenage mutant ninja wolf comic
What, they thought fans of Bitch Planet or AvPvPrometheus:Fire and Stone were gonna turn up? Really?

And now, right as we're getting to the good stuff, right as the series COULD be finding its legs, they're having to implement cost cutting measures.
>>
File: pg04-05.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1969) Image search: [Google]
pg04-05.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1969
>>77503069
>>77502695
and because I've gone way off topic with my last few posts...

Great splash from issue 29.
>>
I got the 4th volume the other day, cracked open 3 for a quick refresher and realized I had forgotten a hell of a lot more than I had thought. I guess I'll re-read first.
>>
>>77503069
I didn't think any of those was too bad. Also, Rios is one of the creators and editors of the magazine, what did you expect?
>>
File: 1118883-jpg.jpg (75 KB, 600x895) Image search: [Google]
1118883-jpg.jpg
75 KB, 600x895
>>77501663
>Hard to believe they made something this good out of something Liefeld created.
>>
I'm still waiting on the final hardcovers after Earth War.

you promised Graham

enjoying island and 8house too
>>
>>77503495
>Final hardcovers

Shit I jumped in too soon
>>
File: venerable the wake.png (730 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
venerable the wake.png
730 KB, 598x600
Whats the deal with this guy? His bio just randomly appears in volume 3 for no reason.
>>
>>77503495
Is Earthwar even finished? Last I remember is a bunch of Father Johns, a whore boy John, and a female John were on Earth fighting something while OLD John was building his super team.
>>
>>77503495
>>77503622
>>77503932
Earth War was supposed to be out this month but Graham kept forgetting to submit it to solicits because he was tied up with Island. Well, first it was supposed to be out in March but anyway...

Graham also responded to a tweet about hardcovers saying it would be collected in two HC's when all was said and done.

HOPEFULLY Earth War comes out monthly and we'll be looking at the solicit for HC Book 1 this time next year.
>>
>>77503069
I have zero problems with Rios, Ludroe, and KSD. However issue #3 was almost nothing but garbage
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.