[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOT RUMOR: About That Steve Trevor Pic In 'Wonder Woman'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
>Said Taghmaoui caused a lot of confusion the other day when he released what seemed like the first set pictures from Wonder Woman.

>It showed both him and Chris Pine as Steve Trevor in wardrobe that looks like it dates back to World War One, one of the rumored time periods which Wonder Woman is supposed to take place.

>A lot of folks were confused and thought we would see Steve Trevor in the modern day, not in the past. Well, those folks are correct because you see that picture above in the banner ISN'T Steve Trevor.

>WARNING: The following contains plot spoilers and is UNCONFIRMED pending further confirmation so take with a grain of salt.

>The rumor according to sources is that Chris Pine in that picture is playing Steve Trevor's GRANDFATHER!

>You see, during the World War One section of the movie, Steve Trevor's grandfather is the one that crashes on the island and meets Gal Gadot's Diana. Grandpa Trevor is the one who shows Diana the outside world and helps her beat Ares. He then passes away.

>In modern times, Diana meet's Grandpa Trevor's descendant THAT LOOKS EXACTLY like him, and helps her battle Ares again. So Chris Pine is playing a dual role. Both Steve Trevor and Grandpa Trevor. Makes total sense when you think about it and within the realm of possibility.

>Production is currently underway in London and we should be getting more details soon.
>>
Sounds needlessly complicated and repetitive
>>
Nice source, bro.
>>
File: cool.jpg (116 KB, 432x538) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
116 KB, 432x538
>>77500774
>Grandpa Trevor's descendant THAT LOOKS EXACTLY like him
I like it
>>
>>77500774
>>77500774

oh look, it's the godawful 90's trope where the hero meets his love interest's grandchild and falls in love with them

bonus points if grandchild looks identical to love interest
>>
>>77500819
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/11/16/hot-rumor-about-that-steve-trevor-pic-in-wonder-woman
>>
I don't mind if you go period with it, but please don't bring Steve into the future if you do. That's stupid.

I'd rather it be that Trevor was her first love and is long since dead.
>>
>>77500841
But he will be in 3 movies
>>
These people are getting paid vast sums of money to write this drek. How disheartening
>>
>>77500841
>I'd rather it be that Trevor was her first love and is long since dead.

I'd rather it be that you were long since dead.
>>
>>77500774
gee if they wanted to keep steve alive into modern day maybe they should have just set the movie then
>>
So Diana is just gonna hook up with Steve's grandson too?
Skeevy
also el mayimbe
>>
All this confirms is that Scott Eastwood is Steve's grandson
>>
>>77500774
I am 99% sure /co/ came up with this "rumor" like 2 weeks ago
>>
File: lol.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>77500774
>Diana meet's Grandpa Trevor's descendant THAT LOOKS EXACTLY like him
>People will defend this
>>
>>77500813
>Immortal chick works with dude to save the world in the past.
>Immortal chick works with dude's grandson (Who looks like him because grandson) to save world in the present.

Not that complicated. You ride the short bus to school?
>>
>>77501656
>Totally never happened before in Dracula/vampire/immortal/etc. related fiction.
>>
>>77501656
Stevefags are an odd bunch.
>>
>>77502243
>Stevefags

Hello, Bruce
>>
>>77500774
We what MCU Sharon Carter should have been now.
>>
Considering DCEU Diana will be centuries old (or at least decades), and the TV show was the only version where Diana was centuries old til New 52 Earth 2 WW came up... they might do the same thing the show did with Steve.

But it was corny even in the 70s.
>>
>>77502282
Why two Dianas? Different versions?
>>
File: family-resemblance-photos-4.jpg (43 KB, 635x372) Image search: [Google]
family-resemblance-photos-4.jpg
43 KB, 635x372
>>77501656
>>Diana meet's Grandpa Trevor's descendant THAT LOOKS EXACTLY like him
>>People will defend this

It's more realistic than x-ray vision.
>>
At least they admit that it's probably not accurate.
>>
>>77502358
>Why two Dianas? Different versions?

Earth-1, Earth-2.
>>
>People think this is dumb
>In a movie about a warrior woman made from clay with an invisible flying jet that looks like a vagina
Marvel drones are a strange bunch. Stop being ashamed of comic books.
>>
File: oSjN9yC.jpg (173 KB, 1098x622) Image search: [Google]
oSjN9yC.jpg
173 KB, 1098x622
>>77502402
>Marvel drones are a strange bunch. Stop being ashamed of comic books.

Oh, Rooney, I can't stay mad at you.

Even after Pan.
>>
So... an entire thread and how many people pointed out this is directly from the tv series?

None?

Seriously.

Guys this is scary, I CANNOT have the highest power level on /co/, this shit keeeps happening.
>>
>>77502353
Oh thank god, the lag made me miss this post.
>>
>>77500774
>>77500820
Marcel should have done that with Peggy and Sharon with both being played by Atwell.

That way we would get Haley as a blonde in the modern day.
>>
Didnt some of us predict this already?
I know i did given he apprently signed on for three movies and i dont think he'll be in two all in flashbacks.
>>
>>77500841
Shut up wonderbatfag
>>
>>77502358
Yeah, it's Earth-2 Steve Trevor. The one on Steve's right is Diana of Earth-1, who's Silver/Bronze Age and still young, while on his left is Steve's wife, Diana of Earth-2. Since Earth-2 was "Golden Age Superheroes in real time (with some life-extending enhancements)" that's why Steve and Diana have grey in their hair.

Back then they still believed Diana aged like everyone else.
>>
>>77502859
Why are Stevefags so defensive?
>>
>>77502402

Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean vaginas are invisible.
>>
>>77503035
Did it really take you half an hour to think of that?
>>
>>77500774
>hooks up with grandson just because he looks like the original Trevor
how shallow of you, Diana.
>>
>>77503128
that didn't happen in the tv show for just that reason
>>
>>77502945
Earth 2 Diana did age outside the Island
>>
>>77500774
>no black male love interest
>2015

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'
>>
>>77503523
>no black gay transgender amputee
WHAT THE FUCK
IT'S 2015
T
S

>>
>>77503889
CMON PEOPLE
>>
Isn't that just a Captain Amerrica rip-off?
>>
>>77503998
She came first for once
>>
>>77500828
>Heroic Hollywood
How's that Planet Hulk movie coming along?
>>
>>77504044
Not to the average public. Especially not copying plot beats like these.
>>
>>77500774
>So Chris Pine is playing a dual role. Both Steve Trevor and Grandpa Trevor. Makes total sense when you think about it and within the realm of possibility.
Said they should have done this with whomever they chose as Steve months ago.

Still don't get why Trevors costume is evocative of WW1. The other guy, sure, but Trevor looks like he should be in Star Wars.
>>
>>77504066
I would say you're wrong but I saw someone try to claim that DC was copying Marvel by having Kara's last name on the show be Danvers the same as Carol. Til someone pointed out Linda Dancers and it was a nice throwback to a pre crisis Super girl.
So Marveldrones can be pretty stupid. And the public even more.
>>
>>77502282

Diana doesn't need a focused love interest.

Post crisis when he was aged, and eliminated as a love interest, he stayed that way for 30 years. Nobody missed him. And a good chunk of those 30 years were pretty solid stories. You know how easy it would have been for somebody to pull bullahit to de-age and singlify him, right? And nobody bothered. Then in the next company wide reboot, they made him younger again just so they could kekold him. He hasn't brought anything to the table in decades. All he has left is the fact that he came first.
>>
>>77504362
>Nobody missed him
>>
>>77504362
He kind of was missed. Without her classic love interest, writers kept trying and failing to come up with a new one or even worse, pair her with a superhero.

If he was kept around as an important member of her cast and not as some old guy a writer would grudgingly include in a story here and there he might have developed into a great character.

I would love to see a real Diana/Steve romance and I was hoping that New 52 would deliver. No such luck. But he is rather likeable now with potential to be more.
>>
>>77504933
Yeah, rather than going through a character renaissance in the bronze age, he's getting one right around now.
Smallville Season 11, the animated movie, Wonder Woman '77, and the recent digital comic.
>>
>>77502793
Anything for more Hayley
>>
>>77504956

I really liked him and Diana in Smallville Season 11.
>>
>>77505082
Everyone did.
>>
>>77504956
He's proeminent in Bombshells too
Also in JL, specially right now
>>
>>77504933

Trevor Barnes was pretty cool. Nemesis was dull, but brief. Same with the superman stuff. A lot of the batman stuff was pretty good.

Old man Steve is great. It skips the tedious weirdness of the first person Diana sees being her instant lover forever, lets him act as a sort of father figure, and it compliments his status as an experienced member of the military. I'm firmly convinced that Perez had the right idea.
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>77506625
>Old man Steve is great. It skips the tedious weirdness of the first person Diana sees being her instant lover forever, lets him act as a sort of father figure, and it compliments his status as an experienced member of the military. I'm firmly convinced that Perez had the right idea.
>>
File: No.jpg (129 KB, 468x469) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
129 KB, 468x469
>>77506625
>Trevor Barnes was pretty cool. Nemesis was dull

Stopped reading right there
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.