[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Will Magnus the luckiest guy on the planet or what? Platinum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: metal-men-dan-jurgens.jpg (226 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
metal-men-dan-jurgens.jpg
226 KB, 722x1024
Is Will Magnus the luckiest guy on the planet or what?

Platinum is fucking hot.
>>
>>77497873
Platinum is heavy as fuck
>>
>>77497873
Isn't that kinda incest, he made her right?
>>
>>77497889
wow rude
>>
File: magn.jpg (167 KB, 596x439) Image search: [Google]
magn.jpg
167 KB, 596x439
>>77497936
Depends if you consider Pygmalion and Galatea incest. It's pretty much that except with robots as unlike the Pym family, Magnus and the Metal Men never had that much of a weird dynamic going on.

Doc Magnus is such an underrated character overall.
>>
>>77497873
Silver Age Platinum was cute, I don't like most of the redesigns though, especially the New 52 version.

Wish that cartoon got picked up a few years ago, the designs in it were great.
>>
>>77497889
>>77497937
Isn't also poisonous?
>>
>>77497936
So if I were to make a fleshlight with an A.I. I should feel guilty about fucking it?
>>
>>77498035
Its salts are, platinum itself is one of the least dangerous heavy metals and its compunds are actually sometimes used in chemotherapy for cancer patients.
>>
>>77498052
You should feel guilty for a lot of things if you did that.
>>
File: metal1l.jpg (643 KB, 1200x1650) Image search: [Google]
metal1l.jpg
643 KB, 1200x1650
>>77498052
you should feel guilty that you can create AIs and use them for a fleshlight in the first place if you could just build yourself a robot waifu
>>
>>77498077
Fuck that, I subscribe to the Hank Pym code of robot ethics: If I made it, I can fuck it.
>>
Doesn't he refrain from getting in a relationship with her because she's a robot?
Because if this is true, he's also the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.
>>
>>77498104
Ultron isn't your mistake, it's your punishment
>>
>>77498079
Batman gets paid? He's not a vigilante, but a paid law enforcer?
>>
File: Metal+JLA.jpg (182 KB, 1021x740) Image search: [Google]
Metal+JLA.jpg
182 KB, 1021x740
>>77498104
Magnus code of robot ethnics - "if I made it I can make it a hero" - has since proven to be more effective and technically doesn't go againist your ideals

that or just DC writers don't hate Magnus while a good chunk of Marvel ones does hate Pym

>>77498143
In modern stuff it just seems like he's too devoted to science and whatnot to be able to focus on relationships. He makes a big deal out of treating Metal Men like humans in Morrison's and Pollack's DP runs iirc.
>>
>>77498156
I don't know about paid, but he has been deputized before.
>>
>>77498159
That superman's gold?
>>
>>77498198
He's meant to have Gold's personality, that's the point
>>
>>77498035

What's a little heavy metal poisoning between a human creator and female robot?
>>
>>77498221
>Being a heavy metal, it leads to health issues upon exposure to its salts, but due to its corrosion resistance, it is not as toxic as some metals

As long as she's not an alloy or salt he's safe.

Also worth noting: platinum is among the most pure ores
>>
>>77498143
Magnus was a robot for a while. Pretty sure they were clanking then
>>
>>77497873
If I had a sexy robot girl lusting for me I'd be slamming that ass like a screen door.
>>
>>77499186
I admit I've barely read any Metal Men, but wasn't Will incredibly insane and poorly written while he was Plutonium?
>>
>>77497873
Isn't he also bipolar and prone to randomly becoming a horrible supervillain?
>>
>>77499822
He has meds for that.
>>
>>77500066
Which he totally always stays on, right?

Also, I love Magnus and the Metal Men, really enjoyed them in (I think) 52.
Might've been Countdown, 52 was so good I got tricked into reading that, too.
>>
Is the ref one made of Jewnium
>>
>>77499764
All signs point to yes.
>>
>>77500279
He does stay on them when he wasn't kidnapped by evil scientists, and yes, that was 52.
>>
>>77498104
Who says you have to stick to just robots with that philosophy?
>>
File: armored justice league.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
armored justice league.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
>>77497873
I honestly think that Doc Magnus and the Metal Men are some of the weirdest, coolest characters in comics.
The concept is so simple, but the characters and the way they're used in-universe is, I think, unlike anything else.
>>
>>77500762
Agreed. Metal Men, like a lot of DC characters, are these really unique pieces of comic history. It's good that DC keeps using them to keep people aware of them.
>>
>>77499764
He was Veridium, not Plutionum, and that arc was so bad it was retconned (specificially it was said the entire thing was the result of Magnus hallucinating because he didn't take his meds, retroactively establishing that he visited Robotman in that mental inistution because he was undergoing therapy there himself iirc) as soon as Will showed up again.

Plutonium Man was that one they wanted him to rebuild during 52.
>>
Figured out I might as well ask here: is there a release date for Wein's Metal Men mini yet? Or any other news?

All I could find is that short interview with Wein but that's months old by now and he didn't say much apart from confirming it'll introduce some old stuff back into continuity (Morrow as Magnus' mentor, non-core team Metal Men like Copper and Tungsten) and that Chemo and Amazo will show up.
>>
The cool thing about and also the biggest problem with the Metal Men is that they're all elastic superheroes. It's a fun power to use for stories, and artists like to draw it, but it also looks really silly
>>
>>77502440
>T.O.Morrow as Magnus's mentor

noice. YJ used him and Ivo pretty well
>>
>>77502481
They may not have had any time to write him, but I like how Morrow isn't a villain right off the bat in the New 52.
>>
File: 928425-tungsten_1.jpg (74 KB, 533x640) Image search: [Google]
928425-tungsten_1.jpg
74 KB, 533x640
>>77502440
He also said there'll be some "new metals" involved, which probably means Tungsten and Copper will gain a new friend who'll never be acknowledged ever again once the mini is over.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.