[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke, why did I never told you about Ahsoka tano? She was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
Luke, why did I never told you about Ahsoka tano?

She was a good friend.
>>
File: OP is a huge faggot.jpg (262 KB, 655x633) Image search: [Google]
OP is a huge faggot.jpg
262 KB, 655x633
>>77492539
pic related
>>
Because she wasn't canon, Ben
>>
>>77495226
>Ahsoka Tano is Galacta
>>
File: 1446415949812.jpg (43 KB, 466x404) Image search: [Google]
1446415949812.jpg
43 KB, 466x404
>>77492539
>why did I never told you
>>
>>77495226
Oh she's canon. She's canon, son.
>>
Ben never told Luke much about any Jedi but his father, and even there he only told half-truths. Why would Ahsoka be any different?
>>
Should have just said she left and kept it that way. Rebels is cancer. And filoni got tired of her so he changed her biology physically. Also there's the troopers. Rex says "just like old times" when the Jedi come and kill some people, implying the men were never good at their jobs, and needed the jedis help. They praise the Jedi, its like they were never cloned from Jango Fett at all. But I digress, they should have just stopped with the clone wars.
>>
It's like pottery.
>>
File: 6WkS6Ko.jpg (58 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
6WkS6Ko.jpg
58 KB, 540x304
>>77492539
>>
>>77497572
But then how would I keep making money?
>>
File: 0455974_1281_MC_Tx360.jpg (46 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
0455974_1281_MC_Tx360.jpg
46 KB, 666x360
>>77497684
Moichandising!
>>
Maybe anakin kills her
>>
>>77497572
Most of the clones were cloned easily suggestable with relatively minimal forward thinking so that they'd follow and like the orders of anyone in authority.
>>
>>77497980
That would really be the most predictable end at this point.
>>
>Ahsoka
>Ahso
RACIST
>>
>>77492539
Luke, why did I never tell you about Ahsoka Tano?

^fix'd
>>
>>77497572

Rebels is fun, but making it be canon over the shit ton of comics we had before is retarded.

A disney show shouldn't be canon for anything ever. They're clearly being creatively held by the balls, half the episodes are generic cartoon shit we've seen a million times. TCW at least tried to be original and draw inspiration from a multitude of genres.
>>
>>77492539
You were togheter for less than a day, how many things were you supposed to tell him
>>
>>77492539
I mean, it's not like he ever talks about Padme either, and you'd think Luke would want to hear about his mother. At some stage.

Then again, it's not really relevant to the plot, the mission, or even Luke, who was raised from birth by totally different people. Frankly it's surprising he has any filial emotion for Vader; Ben is clearly closer to him for the first two movies.

>>77495226
She's canon. You're thinking of Kyle Katarn.
>>
>>77497572
Crawl back to hell, Traviss.
>>
>>77498351
The EU needed to be trimmed. Bad. For everyone gem we had a dozen turds.
>>
>>77498649
What's the point? At some point te new EU will need to be trimmed again. Just enjoy the good stories and ignore the trash.
>>
>>77498351
Movies and television should always take precedence over comic books and shit.
>>
>>77498886
Well sure, but if that point is 40 years from now it's pretty silly to get up in arms about it.
>>
>>77492539
Your mother didn't tell you that you were adopted and dropped on your head multiple times as a child which is the main reason you're a retard who deserves to burn in a fire, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>>
>>77494280

>OP hates muh waifu

OP is a faggot for pointing out that a character from a cartoon being forced into canon doesn't really fit into canon?

Ashoka, Anakin's apprentice, who is mysteriously missing from Episode III while Anakin whines about not getting the title of Master after being put on the Jedi Council.

She, and Force Unleashed with down syndrome are both forced into a canon where they clearly don't belong.
>>
>>77495781
>>77498554

But she shouldn't be because she doesn't really fit into canon. She was forced into canon by a TV show for kids after all 6 movies were done. OP's pic is proof of this.

Disney probably figured clone wars is too relevant to the modern teen audience, and since Rebels is ongoing and canon to clone wars, they were sorta forced to keep it in canon, but considering they decanonized the entire expanded univere, i'd say that, if these TV shows weren't currently running, they would also have been retconned along with the EU.
>>
>>77498901

Not when they're shit.
>>
>>77499288
Clone Wars was already above the rest of the EU on the tier system, it was the primary form of the franchise for six years with a ton of money and resources put into it, Lucas was involved throughout the entire show's run versus the generic rubber-stamping he did on any other EU project and the "relevant to the modern teen audience" thing you said.
>>
Why would Obi-Wan tell Luke about Ahsoka Tano in the 1-2 days he knew Luke? She was a jedi school washout and isolated on Tatooine looking after the child of Anakin it's possible Obi-wan doesn't even know she's still up on the force and fighting the empire as a rebel. Theres no reason to tell him about her.
>>
>>77499233
TFU isn't canon. If it ever was, it was dumped along with all the other EU vidya.

"Master" is the preferred term of address for lower-ranking Jedi to higher-ranking Jedi. It's also (as a consequence) the *official* title of a Jedi who sits on the council, with rare exceptions.

It's used as a sticking point to demonstrate that Anakin is too attached to wordly concerns - it's not just that he's in love, he's got bigger problems letting go.

It was specifically demonstrated that Qui-Gon Jinn, who had achieved the rank of Master, did not sit on the Council; it was repeatedly demonstrated (as late as the killing of the Younglings at the Temple) that younger Jedi universally referred to older Jedi as "master", even if they didn't hold that formal rank. Anakin's having a Padawan doesn't automatically qualify him as a Jedi Master; his own master, Obi-Wan, was conferred the rank of Jedi Knight (which Anakin also held by Episode III) at the end of Episode I, when he co-incidentally took Anakin as his Padawan against the Council's wishes.

The problem here is that you're not a fan of Star Wars, because you hate the idea of the Prequels too much to pay any fucking attention to them.

>>77499288
By that standard literally anybody who wasn't mentioned on-screen in the OT is "non-canon shit that was forced" by the Prequels. Anyone who wasn't mentioned in 1977 is "non-canon shit" forced by Empire. It's a never ending circlejerk instead of a proper argument. You know damn well there were people who came out of ESB in 1980 saying "his FATHER well isn't that CONVENIENT that he was his FATHER ALLL ALOOOONG" and you know damn well how that was received.

Hell, there are people even today who think Ewoks are shit. And they're right. Ewoks are shit introduced to the ass-end of a franchise to sell more toys. That's how it always made money.
>>
>>77499496
That's... well thought and argumented anon.
Here, have an invisible cookie :
>>
>>77499496

Correct on all accounts.
>>
>>77492539
because she wasn't relevant to Luke at all
>>
>>77498007
Everything rebels has done is super predictable.
>>
>>77499353
Ashoka is dead by then.

Also why couldn't we get a design like that for adult Ashoka?
>>
>>77499818

If, by some chance, she were still alive by then she certainly could be. But Ben probably figured she was decades dead.
>>
>>77499763
>Here, have an invisible cookie :

Now I know why the rest of the site hates us.
>>
>>77500372
She's probably gonna get killed by Vader on Rebels.
>>
>>77497154
Pretty much this desu senpai
>>
File: Ahsoka13.png (986 KB, 1390x816) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka13.png
986 KB, 1390x816
>>77500583
What if he just sells Ahsoka into slavery again?
>>
File: vaderispatrick'sfather.jpg (40 KB, 479x438) Image search: [Google]
vaderispatrick'sfather.jpg
40 KB, 479x438
>>77500583

that wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>77492539
Luke, did I ever tell you about Yoda? He is the Jedi-Master who instructed me, he lives in the Dagobah-System.
He was a good friend
>>
>>77492539
They can just cgi her into the original trilogy. She just has to follow them around, occasionally making an observation or snide remark, even though nobody is really paying attention to her.

Han "...made the kessle run in two parsects"
Asoka "Isn't a parsec a unit of distance?"
Obi *makes snide expression*
>>
>>77492539
Ahsoka Tano will die before Obi Wan first interacts with Luke.
Obi Wan doesn't tell Luke about lots of dead Jedi
>>
>>77501031
Obi Wan doesn't tell Luke about Yoda until he is dead.
>>
>>77501862
>luke sitting at home jackin it on his space toilet
>obiwan force ghost appears
>LUKE DID I EVER TELL YOU ABOUT...
>>
>>77501878
That would have been preferable to Obiwan telling Luke while the latter was nearly freezing to death on Hoth.
>>
Everything Ben told Luke was pretty much the Cliff Notes version anyway; no point in going into things that happened decades ago that wouldn't really matter now.
>>
>>77501913
The idea was that you wouldn't be sure when the movie first came out whether you were seeing Obi-Wan, or whether Luke was imagining it somehow.

Then at the end he comes in and he's like full ghost and you would shit your pants in amazement.
>>
>>77495781
>Luke never had a kid
>Ahsoka is canon
I never should have given this franchise a chance.
>>
>>77500544
Because they don't have real cookies?
Join thew dark side then, WE have cookies!
>>
>>77504703
even though I know you were being ironic I cringed a little

fucking 9gag jokes
>>
>>77501024
Oh yeah, didn't the explanation of that describing how close to a black hole which was blocking taking a straight line you could get end up dumped?
>>
>>77504703
Dude just stop
>>
>>77505844
It's either that or Han Solo is a cock. Either one is valid.
>>
>>77506032
He was just bluffing with a smokescreen of bullshit to make him sound more impressive than he was.
>>
>>77506125
I believe that falls under "Han Solo is a cock"
>>
I actually started watching Clone Wars a week ago.

Aside from being direct continuation of worst movie in the franchise that serves as a bridge to the third movie, it's pretty fun. My favorite parts are with clones, feels like Republic Commandos cartoon.

God rest Sev's soul
>>
>>77502355
One of those things that fall flat when you marathon it, since no one who watched ANH would believe he wasn't real.
>>
>>77507879
Yeah, I watched Star Wars (the OG movies) so many times when I was a kid that it is difficult to appreciate surprises, like in Terminator 2 when audience is supposed to think Arnold is a Skynet killbot again.
>>
>>77506175
Negative, NEGATIVE! Evac now!
>>
>>77506175
Clone episodes were definitely a highlight of the series. Especially toward the beginning. The show was still finding its footing, but right off the bat the clone episodes were pretty solid.
>>
He never told him about Qui-Gon either
>>
>>77509146
Fuck Qui-Gon
>>
>>77500966
Luke did I ever tell you about my master, Qui-Gon Jinn? He used his mastery of the force to barter your father's freedom from a space-jew, but left your grandmother a slave and to eventually be raped and killed by sand-people.

He was a good friend.
>>
>>77509146
Does anything in the EU or whatever explain what happened to Qui-Gon? Episode 3 hints that he's the first force ghost, but we never see him. Is there an in-universe explanation of why he doesn't show up in the original trilogy?
>>
>>77510530
Watch Season 6 of TCW. Also, I like to think that Qui-Gon manifested to Vader between ESB and RotJ.
>>
>>77497154
You know, I think I would've liked the scene where Luke and Ben talk about Vader if Ben just said "What was I supposed to do, tell you your father was the murderous crony of the biggest asshole in the Universe?"
>>
>>77497572
Didn't the Clones, by and large, really like the Jedi?

I'm mostly basing this one off Battlefront II cutscenes of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 625x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 625x370
>>77504703
>/co/mblr isn't a joke
Fuck my life, why am I still here?
>>
>>77512028

Because you, like the rest of us, are a pathetic loser who lacks the willpower to not instinctively refresh a website you hate over and over for hours on end simply to kill off daylight.
>>
>>77511945
>I'm mostly basing this one off Battlefront II cutscenes of course.
why on earth would you do that.
>>
>>77512084
Hey, fuck you, I have scripts to do that for me.
>>
>>77499763
>>77504703
*noms your cookies*
MUHAHAHA
>>
File: 1447510649503.jpg (49 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1447510649503.jpg
49 KB, 968x745
>>77499496
>defending starkiller and to a lesser extent ahsoka

next you'll be saying that scuttling the EU was a mistake
>>
>orange buttcheeks will die in your lifetime
>>
>>77512656
>reading comprehension

You're a big guy.
>>
>>77512701
This all happened long long ago in a galaxy far far away.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.