[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is everyone's opinion on anything/everything by Hannah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 12-The-Flintstones.png (455 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
12-The-Flintstones.png
455 KB, 500x500
What is everyone's opinion on anything/everything by Hannah Barbera?

Personally, I find the shows rather boring. Maybe the Jetsons caught my eye only once, as with the Flintstones, but that's it. SuperFriends kinda sucked.
>>
File: Jonny-quest.jpg (66 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Jonny-quest.jpg
66 KB, 360x270
The original Johny Quest is the best animated show ever made.
>>
>heads in collars
>>
I liked how the animation. I don't know why; I just liked it
Top Cat was great in spanish
>>
File: 230011.jpg (60 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
230011.jpg
60 KB, 353x500
>>77491509
I liked the 90s movies
>>
It all sucked
>>
I enjoyed Wacky Races.
>>
Swat Kats was great, I'll say that much. Pity it got shafted for little reason.
>>
>>77491509
I like Scooby-Doo, Wacky Races and pretty much every action show they had. I like the Flintstone characters, even if the show doesn't hold up.
>>77491658
Wilma's more realistic proportions compared to her head in this movie freaked me out.
>>
>>77491509
boring bland shit
but much more importantly: gave cartoons a bad name for decades
>>
>>77491509
Having grown up in a time when there wasn't much else for cartoons besides HB, Jay Ward, Filmation and theatrical shorts, they were a cornerstone of my viewing.

The music, writing and voice acting were all top notch, but I can see how kids used to fast paced joke-a-minute modern comedy might see it as boring.
>>
>>77493618
Go back to your blog, John K.
>>
>>77491528

I don't agree but, you know what? I'm just happy someone thinks this.

You're a gentleman, scholar, and absolutely my nigga.
>>
>>77491509
I feel like I should basically blame this whole company for being the main reason that everyone I know ten or more years older than me has either no opinion on animation at all, or a biased and bad opinion of it.
>>
>>77491658
Adult Bam-Bam is a total stud
>>
It's boring because you weren't born in the 60s. It was a reflection of the culture of the time, something that has basically no relevance to today. It's only still looked at by people who get history boners from pop culture, like me.
>>
>>77495774
I like Walt Disney Presents stuff from the 60s.
>>
>>77491509
Never watched the Flintstones before(or at least remember watching), I caught it on Boomerang recently. I found it surprisingly entertaining, some of the jokes were actually pretty solid. Also, looking at this series in perspective, its pretty genius conceptually. The older it gets, the more relevant it's caveman theme becomes. It's a stone age sitcom in a literal sense.
>>
>>77491857
Except we literally wouldn't have animated television beyond reruns of movie shorts or commercials if it wasn't for Hannah-Barbara. They showed everyone in the industry that television is a viable format for original animated stuff, back when such an idea would be laughed at.
>>
I like the Jetsons because of how corny and old-America it is, more for the culture than the animation budget, and the designs are funny. The Flintstones is hilarious to me because of "Uncle Tex", who somehow exists in the south of the united states during prehistoric times.

>>77494632
I didn't know John K. was the only person with a TV who was alive in the 1960's. He must have been fucking rich back then, which further confuses me about his resorting to digital tweening.
>>
>>77496231
ok gramps
>>
>>77491509

The only show of Hannah Barbera i really enjoyed was The Flintstones.
Even with the Jetsons, it always felt too forced. "Stone age sitcom! What now?? Future sitcom!!"

The Flintstones however always feels like a precursor or rolemodel for shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy. Flintstones humor was "mature" back in the 60's to the same level of The Simpsons was for the early 90's.
Flintstones was a show that adults watched in the 60's. I don't think any other Hannah Barbera cartoon ever really had that kind of appeal.
>>
>>77492083

Not really. Flintstones was used as an example for cartoons adults could watch for decades.
>>
>>77491509
Unless you have a gigantic boner for rock puns I really don't see how anyone found the flintsones funny.
I guess everyone had lower standards.
>>
>>77499481
Why? It's basically the Honeymooners with dinosaurs.
>>
Some of their shows, like Gary Coleman and The Super Globetrotters, I'm incredibly nostalgic for. Others, like the bajillion scooby doo knock offs, I question why they were even made
>>
I enjoyed pretty much anything Dastardly and Muttley were in, but that's about it.

Looking forward to seeing exactly what that Wacky Races thing that was leaked a little while back looks like.
>>
File: bowl.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bowl.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
First season of flintstones ws the only good animated H-B.
>>
Most of Hannah Barbara ain't too great
But they were at least putting in effort.

People make fun of them, but the forgotten stuff of the 60s and 70s that wasnt Hannah was just complete crap.
I mean you try to watch a full episode of 60s Avengers cartoon or Rocket Robin Hood, and you'll view The Flintstones as a gift from God.

Buut fuck the goofy idiot sidekicks.
World would be better without the Godzookis and the Scrappy Doos
>>
>>77491509
I like the Flintstones well enough, even though I have a lot of issues with it. The number of episodes where Fred and Barney get mixed-up in some misunderstanding involving criminals seems to happen a little too often, Kazoo was lame, and it's not particularly funny, but I don't mind it.

Didn't care for the Jetsons, though. Not entirely sure why. I think it's because they tried to go for a bit more of a general family audience thing and it lost something the Flintstones had, but that's just a guess.

I liked Scooby-Doo as a kid, but can't stand it now, nor any of its spin-offs or clones.

Yogi Bear is okay, but kinda boring. Standard HB fare, along with the other talking animal shows, really. In my opinion, of course.
>>
I love Scooby Doo.
>>
What era?
HB's lineup is too fucking massive too discuss the whole thing in one sitting.
>>
File: 1444066950690.jpg (27 KB, 468x376) Image search: [Google]
1444066950690.jpg
27 KB, 468x376
>>77491685
>>
>>77504469
60's or 90's
70's-80's if you're masochistic
>>
File: fred thumbs up.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fred thumbs up.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>77491509

as meh as tend to be, i do enjoy a lot of the characters.
>>
>>77504526
>80's
That Ultraman thing they did at that time was pretty decent though.
>>
>>77500018
Exactly, but that kind of humor in an animated format was unheard of, and even revolutionary for its time.
>>
>>77502317
I'll give you Godzooky, but Scrappy is the most important part of the Scooby-Doo franchise. He renewed interest in the series right when it was stagnating, and made the series popular enough to last all the way to the late 80s-mid 90s, and by that time Zombie Island would make the series a media mainstay. Scrappy really doesn't get enough credit for his influence, all because of a dumb meme.
>>
>>77504224
>I liked Scooby-Doo as a kid, but can't stand it now, nor any of its spin-offs or clones

Seriously? Even Mystery Inc and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo?
>>
>>77507405
I liked what I saw of Mystery, Inc. but never watched it consistently, and Be Cool, Scooby Doo doesn't interest me at all.

I mainly meant the spin-offs from the 70s/80s like 13 Ghosts, Scooby and Scrappy, New Scooby-Doo Movies, and the like.
>>
>>77491509

The last season of the Superfriends, the one with Cyborg, is alright.

Not anything amazing but it and the season before it were a step in the right direction.

Apparently Alan Moore helped develop it? I didn't know that...
>>
It was weird how Flintstones actually kinda actually had time pass, but Fred, Velma, Barney and Betty didn't seem to age despite being grandparents.
>>
>>77491509
>What is everyone's opinion on anything/everything by Hannah Barbera?
Hanna-Barbera's mainstay was probably quantity over quality, and between their good shows there is a lot of fluff. Whatever unwatchable shows they made differs depending on who you are. This is what happened after the golden age (you know after the original Tom and Jerry's), and compared to the stuff we have now it's drab and considerably tame. There's nothing wrong with that but it can come off as boring.

I like Flintstones, Jetsones, Hillbilly Bears, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Scooby Doo, and maybe some other stuff but I don't like the carbon copies of other stuff they made.
>I don't like Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Wally Gator, that Octopus fucker, and they could have saved a lot of money just not making them but they chose to oversaturate tv with obfuscated ideas that didn't grab anyone. At that point it was just more of the same. I also really don't like Smurfs or Snorks.

Now the cheapness of the animation is really neat. There's less frames so literally everything went into the poses and layouts. They also had great color. Thanks for reading.
>>
splash
>>
>>77507533
Fair enough, I feel like you should give Mystery Inc more of a chance, it's a great show. Be Cool is more laidback, but it's still a lot of fun if you like the basic formula of the series.
>>
>>77491528
/thread
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.