[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version do you prefer. The robot dinosaur man in Genndy's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
Which version do you prefer. The robot dinosaur man in Genndy's cartoon, or the vampire in the CG show?

I used to be all the original, but Nosferatu Grievous has grown on me. I just wish he was allowed to be more effective. It's also cool giving Dooku another vampire to hang out with.
>>
I liked how much ass the kicked the Tart Greivous gave. He seemed more like a lethal weapon all but the jedi masters were able to compete with.

Vamp greivous had more dialog and "personality" if only we could have an amalgamation of the two, and it done well
>>
>>77490577
This.

I can't say I hate modern Greivous but I miss back when Gendy's version he was an actual threat and had victories under his belt.
>>
Is the new Star Wars animated show good?

Is it better than the previous 2 shows?
>>
I wanna fug ventress so badly
>>
Genndy, but only because I never cared enough to get into CG Clones.
>>
>>77490745
>Is the new Star Wars animated show good?

Yes, but it does start slow and it does have a different artstyle that'll take some getting used to.

>Is it better than the previous 2 shows?

In my opinion, no. But that's more because it's more limited in the characters and locations it can have.
>>
>>77490938
You should find the episode where fishman and squidman have game night with Grievous. It sort of plays up the vampire thing a bit. I think its called Lair of Grievous.
>>
>>77489899
The one who actually was a fucking killing machine everybody should fear.
>>
>>77490798
genndy ventress or CGI ventress?
>>
>>77491878
Genndy Ventress was such a nothing character even when it was the only Clone Wars cartoon in existence. And then it took TCW a few seasons to build her into an interesting character.
>>
File: WP_20151115_21_02_30_Pro.jpg (520 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151115_21_02_30_Pro.jpg
520 KB, 1920x1080
I'm mixed. Movie Grievous is the best designed wise. I like the other two, but Genndy isn't detailed enough, and can have the noodle arm effect, and I don't like his voice as much. But I loved how terrifying in combat he was (even if it was a little too OP)
I really didn't like the minor changes the CG show did to him. He had giant shoulders and I hated how he only had 4 fingers on each hand instead of 6. And he was so pathetic in the show, only managing to be a threat when fighting other bad guys.
This lego set is amazing though (though the hands are a weak point)
>>
>>77489899
Genndy's, also that organ dude.
>That sinister laugh after Obi Wan stabs his lightsaber into the guy's abs with no effect.
>>
File: Obi_slays_Durge.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Obi_slays_Durge.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>77492587

Durge. Yeah, he's awesome. I actually took this screencap earlier today.

>>77489899

I love Genndy's CW, but I now see it as more of an epic retelling of the clone wars, and TCW as a more realistic, longer view of how things actually played out.

Grievous is definitely less threatening in the CGI show, BUT he is still pretty badass, and has plenty of scenes that make you go "This guy could totally kick some Jedi ass".

Also, the CGI Grievous was made with the idea that people already knew he was a badass Jedi-killing machine from watching the Genndy animation, so they didn't feel the need to reestablish that, I believe.
>>
>>77489899
I never got why they couldn't have CGI Greivous kill some Jedi who was confirmed dead before order 66, or even make up an occasional Jedi to kill for him.
>>
>>77494755

Did you watch the entire series? He did kill Jedi.
>>
>>77493161
This is the best way to put bith the CGI and Genndy's CW storytelling. Good work, anon!
>>
I wish I could watch a show featuring the adventures of Grevious and Dooku.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKgv6xyY5MM

Also dropping by to say that Asajj Ventress #1 qt.
>>
Genndy Clone Wars version, though CG Clone Wars Grievous is still a step up from the awful Grievous we got in Revenge of the Sith. Motherfucker goes from being the most serious threat we've seen Jedi face to the only major villain taken down with a blaster in the movies.
>>
While I like the Genndy Grievous, there was nothing really ever topping a Jedi from attacking his vital organs with the force, like Mace Windu.

I think his "intimidation factor", was overplayed.
>>
>>77497602
>I think his "intimidation factor", was overplayed.
Are you talking about the time he was walking on the ceiling? Honestly it was a bit much when shaggy went full retard but it was a great scene that set up his character nicely for the rest of the series. I liked this scene a lot and Grievous was really the star of the entire series.
>>
>>77497602
This

>immobilize or pick up with the force
> Crush or throw him
> Drop a building on him

Jedi conveniently forget that they're OP when necessary for the plot
>>
>>77497796
>>77497602
>>77497761

He is usually too quick to just do it, and go to close range as much as possible, so the jedi cant concentrate. He was trained to use fear and dirty tactics to always make the oponent make bad decisions too, and to run away when this didnt work.

I remeber that slug head alien with the soninc scream....that was metal as fuck, to see a guy that could hold on Grievous using nothing but his normal alien byology instead of the force.
>>
My fav part about cartoon Grevious was how they implied he electro tentacle raped Shaak ti.

I am going to look for fan fiction for that.
>>
2D CW Grievous was something else, one of the most genuinely terrifying villains the Star Wars franchise got. Him and Durge both brought action that was so much more entertaining than the "lightsabers jumping and swinging around" the movies offered.
>>
>>77493161
Grievous is still jobber as fuck in TCW, though.

His finest hour is burning the shit out of Ventress' homeworld, and even then when he's like "Yo Ventress 1v1 me" he gets his ass beat and has to cheat. Having him actually really beat her would be a great way to say "You've been replaced," you know?

He also gets beaten by Gungans. Fucking Gungans.
>>
>>77498018
There's art.
>>
>>77490798

That clone she kissed as he died on her blade was a lucky man.
>>
>>77498109
>He also gets beaten by Gungans. Fucking Gungans.

We shouldnt judge the entire species based on Jar Jar tho, they have super human habilitties, and the fight was pretty great with a sacrifice of a general.

But yeah....after seeing Gendy cartoon, that was lame.
>>
>>77489899
I still remember the soul crushing disappointment when I went to see Revenge of the Sith exclusively to see a Star Wars themed slasher horror movie starring Grievous like the Clone Wars episode and it turns out he's a huge chode that goes out like a punk.
>>
>>77498228
I also like the idea of his death being something as simple as a precise blaster shot to the chest, everything leading up to that is so terrible and it's such a shame that such a cool character had to die by S'ghana Begrat's hands.
>>
>>77489899
CGI had character
Genndy's was a credible threat.

Ideally we could have both, but I still prefer Genndy's due to him having some character while CG Griev was just slightly more competent then Movie Griev.
>>
>>77499430
Around the time GenndyWars introduced him, basically everything he was in played him up as this ultimate murdermeister. It was corny, but at the same time so fucking COOL.

>Beats Ventress and Durge in a 2v1
>Could kind of hold her ground against pissed Vader-Ventress and Tetsuo-from-Akira-if-he-decided-to-become-a-bounty-hunter-Durge
>>
Could not stand how he was so fucking unstoppable.

He's not Darth Vader, after all.
>>
>>77493161
Why the fuck did they never have Durge in TCW? He was my favorite villain in the original animations and I wish they could have given him an actual backstory. Even in the animation it hints that he survived being blown up.
>>
>>77489899
i kinda wish grevious was just a robot because the idea of robots suddenly becoming that good at killing jedi is horrifying
>>
>>77501863
In the comics he does live and continues fucking shit up until Anakin throws his ass into a star.

He wasn't in TCW because he was too fucking hardcore for that shit, he'd have killed half of the cast by his third appearance.
>>
The Genndy version combined with the old canon backstory.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 500x501
>>77499663
>Republic Commando
>almost confront and capture his ass
>his bodyguards come out instead and rape you and your commandos in the arse
>these crazy fucking robots are weaker than their crazy ass, Jedi killing General
>>
I liked the Genndy one. He was over-the-top, but he was fun. I liked how he spent his time pub-stomping padowags but when he went up against a real Jedi he got his shit stomped in to bring home the "lots of theatrics and not enough training/substance" thing.
>>
>>77504538
>He wasn't in TCW because he was too fucking hardcore for that shit, he'd have killed half of the cast by his third appearance.
I just assumed they either forgot him or had animation limitations
>>
>>77499663
Fuuuuuuck, I can remember seeing some promo shit at walmart way back when of Grievous against some fiery background, describing him as having killed so many Jedi. It was sick as shit.
>>
>>77504695
Fuck it, I'm glad they did. I'd rather have obscure memories of his good run than have to watch him get trounced by fucking Gungans.
>>
>>77498109
Unlike the Ewoks, the Gungans have a legitimate weapon that can turn the tide against artificial creations, AKA Boombas. The only reason they lost in Episode I was because they didn't have an efficient method of firing them. If they all had a Boomba assault blaster the Droid Army would be history.
>>
>>77496285
I do like how this scene shows how good Dooku is at fighting being able to take on Grevious easily and how their fighting styles differ.
>>
>>77507820
My fav part is how a Jedi tries to use the exact same trick to try to disarm him later on and he takes full advantage of it.
>>
>>77504615
Man, the magnaguard fucked em up pretty badly the first couple of times I fought them.

Then I just went in for backstabs every chance I got.
>>
I'm good either way at this point. But I think I like Genndy's version better, simply because he didn't job nearly as much.
>>
>>77508492
"Jobbing" implies he was ever presented as a threat.
>>
>>77508549
Well he was pretty threatening in Lair of Grievous.

As far as all the losses, I can forgive the Gungans because there were a lot of them, but losing to Ventress in a 1 v 1 was bullshit. I refuse to accept that Ventress is stronger than Grievous.
>>
>>77490577

the "son of dathomir' comic is kind of what you're describing i suppose
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.