[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metaphor of batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Arkhamcity-Batman-Gotham.jpg (133 KB, 1442x1080) Image search: [Google]
Arkhamcity-Batman-Gotham.jpg
133 KB, 1442x1080
I found this symbolic metaphoric theory for the plot of batman, what do you think

Theory; Gotham City is a representation of the Perfect Society
The City itself is how the rich view everyone that isn't in the 1%
Batman is the "Crusader" in the background that exposes the Elite
The Elite, in this case, are the ones that Batman exposes the crimes of
The Elite plead insanity, and get sent to Arkham Asylum, to be "reformed"
The Elite spend a little time there, and "escape" to wreak more havoc
The "Crusader," working in the shadows, is stuck in a cycle of "exposing," the Elite
The "Criminals," that aren't Super- are in fact the laborers working under the 1%
The average criminal only works as "henchmen" for $$$
Those employers are the "Corporations (Gangs)," that run everything in the open Batman, and the Gangs (Corporations) represent the ongoing theme of The People vs The Man
The "henchmen / criminals," are the poor bastards that are "employed/recruited" so they can feed their families

End of Theory
>>
makes sense
>>
File: pidgeon.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pidgeon.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
Oh wow, that's really interesting.
>>
>>77477751
I'm not totally opposed to this but it seems like a contrarian response to "Batman is the 1%."

>The Elite plead insanity, and get sent to Arkham Asylum, to be "reformed"
>The Elite spend a little time there, and "escape" to wreak more havoc
The problem is that "The Elite" don't actually get captured or forced to "reform" in the real world. Unless you're treating "bad publicity for a week" as a "trip to Arkham."

>The "Criminals," that aren't Super- are in fact the laborers working under the 1%
>The average criminal only works as "henchmen" for $$$
>Those employers are the "Corporations (Gangs)," that run everything in the open >Batman, and the Gangs (Corporations) represent the ongoing theme of The People vs The Man
This I really like though. The only problem is that I'd rather just watch Robocop.
>>
>>77477751
I think you're fucking stupid m8
>>
2retard4me
>>
>>77478790
>>77478632
new ideas and opinions scare me
>>
>>77478848
So ideas and opinions can't be bad?
>>
>>77478919
not when you have no opposition than 3rd grade yelling
>>
its a better metaphor than animal farm

I like it, makes sense
>>
Allegory is the cheapest type of message.
>>
>>77482303
well in this economy we gotta save money
>>
File: batman99and1percent.jpg (27 KB, 621x379) Image search: [Google]
batman99and1percent.jpg
27 KB, 621x379
>>77477751

TLDR.
>>
>>77477751
What the fuck this is retarded.
>The Elite plead insanity, and get sent to Arkham Asylum, to be "reformed"
Not something that happens
>The "Criminals," that aren't Super- are in fact the laborers working under the 1%
>The average criminal only works as "henchmen" for $$$
Most henchmen are very bad people in Batman stories, guess you don't read many.
>>
>>77482539
1. how high in the elite do you want to go, yes there are some who actually see a bit of jail time however lighthearted it can be

2. actually they are not ''BAD'' guys just cus you call them bad, yes there are some bad guys, but in a place like Gotham finding work can be hard, even harder if you have a arrest record. So no they are not all bad
>>
>>77478632
This.
>>77478790
And this.
>>
>>77482925

to this>>77478848
>>
>>77482942
Sorry, but you're just saying x = y with nothing to back it up. The only scary thing about your theory is that something so stupid came from a human brain. Even in the first line you can tell how stupid it is. The only perfect thing about Gotham is that it has tons of criminals for a traumatized orphan to beat up.
>>
>>77483690
again you go to>>77478964

all you have is 3rd grade yelling in insults, and you call me stupid? kek nice projecting retard
>>
>>77483753
You don't have any evidence for me to debunk. You don't warrant anything more serious than "3rd grade yelling in insults".
>>
>>77483863
I don't need to give you evidence, all you have posted is 3rd grade insults and a few 2nd grade insults
>>
>>77483910
>what is burden of proof?
You made a claim, now back it up. Or your theory is worthless.
>>
File: you are retarded2.jpg (65 KB, 533x301) Image search: [Google]
you are retarded2.jpg
65 KB, 533x301
>>77484040
what burden of proof you mean you calling me stupid you are really dragging this out what is in front of your eyes

>''The only scary thing about your theory is that something so stupid came from a human brain.''
>''Even in the first line you can tell how stupid it is.''

AND >>77482925 which is basically saying it yourself again but through someone else post by supporting it

do you think you are ''winning'' by playing retarded
>>
>>77484299
I'm telling you to back up your theory with evidence. Until you do it's just nonsense like dead/coma/crazy theories.
>>
>>77484457
I just did

you are in the deepest denial
>>
>>77484516
You haven't backed up your Batman theory at all.
>>
>>77484566
what is there is back

you just want to fight about something cus you can't deal that you lost an internet argument

get over it loser
>>
>>77484613
Okay. Clearly you're the smarter one here.
>>
>>77478848
No, just stupid uninformed ideas.
>>
>>77484698
ok
>>
>>77484765
well that just your wrong opinion
>>
>>77484765
Don't do it man. He's a genuine idiot. Just ignore the thread and let it die.
>>
>>77482672
No, they're bad guys. They're rapists, thieves and murderers. If you're not actually bad, you don't make it in Gotham as a criminal. You sound painfully like a high school student who has only seen the movies and played the games, maybe read a couple graphic novels.
>>
>>77484842
coming from the guy with nothing but insults
>>
>>77484847
1.not everyone of them is a rapist
2.thieves, yea but some of them do it to survive, ever heard of robin hood
3.not all of them are murders

im not saying all of them are victim of circumstance, but some of them are
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.