[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Betty or Veronica?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: BandVDoubleDigest_220-0.jpg (290 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
BandVDoubleDigest_220-0.jpg
290 KB, 600x813
Betty or Veronica?
>>
>>77476202
>Both hot
>both put out the same amount
>both bitches
>one is a trillionaire
Ronnie.
>>
Betty x Veronica.
>>
Cherry is the only true choice
>>
Both. Just have to encourage Veronica and Betty to make out with each other one time.
>>
>>77476202
I started watching Archie's Weird Mysteries thanks to the Annotated Station, and damn, Veronica is an unsufferable bitch in that show.
So, I chose Betty.
>>
>>77476202
Jughead is the only correct answer
>>
have you guys seen the shit about the Riverdale show? they're looking for a ripped archie, an emo jughead who hates archie, a preppy betty who is a cheer leader but does things she doesn't want to to get the spot, I mean it sounds just the worst.
>>
File: archie-movie-trailer-1.jpg (19 KB, 584x270) Image search: [Google]
archie-movie-trailer-1.jpg
19 KB, 584x270
>>77477534
>he wants someone that's true love is food
>>
>>77477436
If you managed that I think you would be shit out of luck for the threesome.
>>
>>77477615

A light hearted fun show with a 50's feel but in modern times would be amazing.

Sadly it has to be post modern, knowing and shit and you can only have the male characters being dumb/naive.
>>
>>77477487

>watch archies weird mysteries
>see the attack of the 50ft veronica episode

This is why people develop fetishes isn't it...
>>
>>77477864
yea its gonns be shit, archie has always been silly 50s pleasentville, I dont even like new archie for changing the formula
>>
So have there only been two TV series of Archie?

The old one where Sugar Sugar came from and weird mysteries?

It's weird a long running iconic comic hasn't had many adaptations.
>>
>>77476202
I encourage them to pursue the massive crush they both clearly have on each other and head down the road to Greendale to court a teenage witch
>>
>>77476202

Obviously Betty.

>Blonde, but not an idiot.
>Wants you for you, and not as some status symbol or trophy to be won in a bullshit pissing competition between vaginas.
>Won't have to be stressed out from a domineering, never satisfied Father-in-law.
>Doesn't come from money, so won't be a massive stress factory when she doesn't get what she wants... nor a psychotic timebomb when her dad permanently cuts her off/she gets bored of wealth.
>Would figure out a quick and effective way for you to get rich together fueled by her insecurity when you subtly mention Veronica's wealth from time to time... and then when you're loaded she'll believe her own made up narrative that she couldn't have done it without you.
>You'd be the only man to see her hair down, and sex-messy on your pillows no less, which no one has seen in 30+ years of her being drawn.

I love dark hair and even I know Betty is the only choice. Get on my level plebs.
>>
>>77477637
Hamburgers will never bitch at you.
>>
>>77477888

Sounds like it's going to get based on the new Archie.

Also has Arrow/Flash people working on that and the love stuff in that is terrible.
>>
>>77478080

But if Veronica goes full bitch, you can divorce her and be rich for the rest of your life.
>>
>>77476202
It clearly says Betty and Veronica. Why choose? Let them both fight over me.
>>
>>77477907
There is also a TV movie called To Riverdale and Back Again. There was also a pilot for a 50's/60's show.

Sabrina was the biggest thing from the Archie comics.
>>
>that one time they married each other
>>
>>77477907
>The old one where Sugar Sugar came from

I still love throwing that random trivia out to people. Hardly anyone knows that Archie sung that song.
>>
>>77478384

>movie looks terrible
>pilot is the most 60's thing in existence

I'm sure if that pilot had been picked up, Hannah Barbera would have made a cartoon ripping it off.
>>
>>77476202
Threesome.
>>
>>77478510
The movie is terrible, but it gave us this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

I sat through it a couple years ago just to have watched it.
>>
>>77478479

You just don't expect a timeless piece of music to be a time filler in an old cartoon.

>"wait... it's that Archiie?"

I remember Scooby Doo tried putting in songs into their eps for a while (possibly the series with the terrible canned laughter). Did any of those songs ever 'make it'?
>>
>>77477907
Also, I should clarify. There wasn't "the old one where Sugar Sugar came from", there were multiple series.

This explains it better than I can:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Archie_Show

Basically they changed the show every year for a few years.
>>
The only correct answer is Melody
>>
>>77478575
The song came out in 1969. I remember a lot of the Hanna-Barbera shows having self-made music that tried to replicate the success of "Sugar Sugar".

Bar trivia fact: Jabberjaw was one of the HB shows created just to push songs.
>>
>>77478575
>Scooby Doo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbI7fuE_x0
>>
>>77476202
Veronica.
>>
>>77477637
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: The_New_Archies.jpg (24 KB, 315x220) Image search: [Google]
The_New_Archies.jpg
24 KB, 315x220
>>77477907

You're forgetting "The New Archies" where everyone was a tween and Veronica talked like a valley girl.
>>
Burgers.
>>
File: ItsArchie-01[1].jpg (30 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
ItsArchie-01[1].jpg
30 KB, 540x304
>>77478779
That one slipped my mind too. It's equally terrible.

There is also It's Archie, but I don't think it ever got made.
>>
>>
>>77478821

Why have I never heard of "It's Archie"? Are there any episodes available? It seems like a new show (from 2013), I'm surprised /co/ didn't talk about it.
>>
>>77478899
It's been mentioned before. Pitched and agreement signed with some French company, but nothing has come out yet. The art looks horrible.
>>
File: ItsArchie-03.jpg (41 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
ItsArchie-03.jpg
41 KB, 540x304
>>77478935

Pilot is here, all the promotional stuff has this weird artstyle, but it looks like the actual animation is very L'il Archie.

http://www.splashentertainment.com/Archie%20pilot
>>
>>77479021

I don't get why you'd make a series like this with ugly designs when a lot of the humour comes from the romance side of things.
>>
File: Cherry+Episode+Pic.jpe.jpg (150 KB, 911x442) Image search: [Google]
Cherry+Episode+Pic.jpe.jpg
150 KB, 911x442
>>77476792
This guy knows what's up
>>
Veronica
>>
>>77476202
Vecorina for sure
>>
>>77478283

Yeah, because a wife going full bitch is totally grounds for divorce. That has been the obviously overused path for male happiness for at least the last 20 years.

Good luck friend.
>>
>>77478779
A few simple edits would turn that image into the Burger King Kids Club
>>
People mention Veronica being a bitch, but you forget Bettys no better. She can can get very overprotective, like crazily possessive of Archie, to the point of being downright creepy and stalkerish at times. Shes a lot tamer these days, but she could be pretty psychotic back in the day. Remember Betty was the one who surgically modified a fucking Predator to transform him into Archie.
>>
>>77476202
Veronica
>>
Two words: Cherry Poptart! End of discussion!
>>
>>77483421

There have to be lines drawn in the sand on this. "Bitches be crazy" will always be universal. It's just a matter of degrees.

If Betty is tamer nowadays, then that shows progress. Also, while there's a chance she will protectively stalk what she has once she has it, being followed doesn't compare to being actually harassed and stressed. And that chance is less than 100%. It's possible she'll calm down once she's "won".

If not and my woman was too clingy, sure it would get boring and creepy after a while. But if she loved me, she'd do what I said or risk losing me. Or try to kill me. Which means the problem is solved or leads to my death. With Veronica, the problem has shown no progress, can't be solved and won't lead to an escape.

Betty remains the only choice.
>>
>>77477615
>emo jughead who hates archie,
>yfw hints of jugheadxarchie in the new series
>>
>>77476202
Let's see here...

Betty is a psychopath...
Veronica is a sociopath...

I choose the burger.
>>
>>77476202
Predator
>>
>>77478885
Jughead's equivalent of an orgasm.
>>
File: mfp7ts8.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
mfp7ts8.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>77477615
>ripped archie
>an emo jughead who hates archie
>>
>>77478116
Except even the new Archie doesn't have any of that. Jughead is still Archie's bro, to the point where he solves his problems in the background without him noticing.
>>
>>77478589
"Archie's TV Funnies" (1971) was one of these that I remember. The gang introduces short animated segments based on newspaper comics of the time.

It was typical Filmation animation quality.The Dick Tracy ones were okay, but the rest were middling to execrable.

Here's the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKbJQcpbt_A

(And, yes, there is in fact someone on /co/ who is -that old-. Now, get off my lawn!)
>>
>>77478779
Wow, for a second I thought that Veronica was Big Ethyl.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbNweA_vlac
>>
File: pin.jpg (557 KB, 911x1332) Image search: [Google]
pin.jpg
557 KB, 911x1332
someone dump some pinups
>>
When I was like, ten, I jerked off to Veronica and Betty did nothing for me. So Veronica.
>>
>>77477888
You don't know SHIT about Archie son
Archie was, at it's heart, comedy. And back then, risque stuff, just like it was now, was funny. There are old stories about Betty having sex dreams about Archie. Shit you not. The concept of "50s good ol boy Archie" is skewed- sure he's always been an all-american teenager, but all American teenagera try to do things in parked cars and stay out too late. It wasn't until the licenced Christian Archie comics came out where the idea of any of the cast being wholesome came out, and around the 80s the writers stopped giving a shit and just did pop culture references, stopped telling actual jokes, and started making money on reprints.
>>
I always mentally picked Veronica because not only do I find her hotter, but I was always kinda sick of the “girl next door being better than the frigid rich bitch” trope. Veronica felt like an underdog to me, and it would be nice to have that subverted for once.

Don’t the personalities depend on the writer, as well? I know some people have explained that depending on the writer, Veronica would shift from either being a bitch, to “bitch” being defined by being very determined to do the right thing despite not being perfect. Same as Betty.
>>
File: Reggie pin-up.jpg (558 KB, 988x1460) Image search: [Google]
Reggie pin-up.jpg
558 KB, 988x1460
>>77492789
>>
File: Betty - Bitter Glitter.jpg (737 KB, 1225x1768) Image search: [Google]
Betty - Bitter Glitter.jpg
737 KB, 1225x1768
>>77493645
>Veronica felt like an underdog to me
What have YOU been reading. Arch is often shown as being nuts over Ronnie to the extent that he sometimes seems to forget that Betty is a girl and would gladly make out with him and be a cheaper date.
When he does remember she can be a cheap date he will then use the money he saved on Veronica.
>>
>>77493853
I mean it in the audience’s perspective. Of course Archie is going to be wild for Veronica, but it’s just so it could paint Betty as the sweet and deserving underdog who deserves and will get Archie in the end. It’s a common way to depict love triangles. I know Archie is an ongoing series and won’t actually have an ending, but that’s how I always felt about it. It’s so common for a main character to be into someone who "doesn’t deserve it", only to realize that their true love was “always there."
>>
>>77493853
Double-posting because I accidentally posted too quickly

The comic that you posted even shows that. It makes Betty seem sympathetic and you’re meant to feel really bad for her, because she tries her best and you want to root for her, meanwhile that bitch Veronica is such a meanie bitch and the wrong choice, etc.
>>
>>77477615

It more than likely sounds worse than it really is on paper. The point is to drum up drama, especially since they've said they want it to be David Lynch Twin Peaks meets Riverdale thing, ie. soap operaish with secrets and shit happening in what on the outside looks to be an idyllic small town. As long as they don't ruin Kevin Keller and the cast is likable, it ought to be decent. CW's got a good track record with their comic shows. Even Arrow sounded shit with its initial synopsis where everybody thought Tommy, Ollie and Laurel had a love triangle and Tommy would become comic Merlyn out of jealousy or some shit like that, only for the true Merlyn to be Tommy dad and Tommy ended up being the best husbando.
>>
>>77476764
True dat. Dark haired + blonde a good mix.
>>
>>77490916
I remember this being my first exposure to the Archie franchise. It's not bad per se...
>>
>>77492976
Now I want someone to dump some of this old "risque" Archie.
>>
As Life with Archie shows, Ronnie is best girl.
>>
File: b+&+v+double+digest+053-000fc.jpg (288 KB, 844x588) Image search: [Google]
b+&+v+double+digest+053-000fc.jpg
288 KB, 844x588
>>
File: PayTheMan.png (419 KB, 421x398) Image search: [Google]
PayTheMan.png
419 KB, 421x398
>>77476202

favorite part about archie is the outfits of each era americana.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.