[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how easy is to get published in japan if you know the language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1377609298080.jpg (12 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
1377609298080.jpg
12 KB, 640x424
how easy is to get published in japan if you know the language?

taking into account I could draw and write, how easy would be sending some work to japanese magazines using the internet?

I remember reading there's some online contests.
>>
Japanese readers don't like things made by westerners specifically to appeal to them. Otaku fucking despise weeaboos.
>>
>>77475871
I don't mean weebo stuff, like making japanese stuff.

I mean normal comic stuff, like writing about my own culture and non japan shit.

your post would imply japan haven't produce anime based on western works.
>>
>>77475898
>>your post would imply japan haven't produce anime based on western works.
No it wouldn't and your bait-fu is weak.
>>
Trust me, you don't know the language.
>>
>>77475841
Why don't you ask /a/?
>>
>>77475973
I only need to know enough to be able to send and receive emails and hire a japanese translator.
>>
It's not easy at all. It's tough for native Japanese to get published let alone foreigners. People like Shindol got lucky.
>>
File: Clark Mockery.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Clark Mockery.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>77475996
>Asking /a/
>Expecting help from /a/
>>
>>77477296
how bout contests?
like I said, the plan is to hire some japanese translator
>>
>>77477350
Contests? The moment they find out they have an entry from a foreigner it is likely to end up in the trash. They give preferential treatment to natives. If I were you, I would do some research on how xenophobic the Japanese can be.
>>
Even Paul fucking Pope couldn't crack the japanese market making comics. Good luck OP
>>
>>77477472
this doesn't explain how there's a bunch of foreigners already working in the japanese industry.

nice tinfoil meme /pol/
>>
>>77477350
>>77477224
Dude do you even understand what you would be competing against?

You can look at Paul Pope as someone who could not get published in Japan even under employment with a Japanese manga publisher. Are you Paul Pope?

How overinflated is your opinion of yourself that you think you would win one of these contests in the first place, without even understanding the text you're actually trying to put to print?
>>
the only way for you is to go to japan, kill a Japanese person, assume their identity, and then send in your comics under their name

ganbatte op
>>
>>77477519
Like who?
>>
>>77477527
because I'm not making it tomorrow nor next year, but rather after I finish my degree in literature and get to study abroad some post bachelor degree in japan.

calm down.

>>77477548
can't remember who but I remember seeing some foreigner video on youtube.
>>
Ask Felipe Smith, he's the only one I can think of who did it.
>>
>>77477634
>a bunch of foreigners
>can't even name one
H
E
H
>>
>>77477717
>because they're irrelevant it means my argument is wrong
>>
>>77477519
>nice tinfoil meme /pol/
The Japanese are massively xenophobic, you cunt.
>>
If your work is truely of great quality I doubt the magazines will mind. But I also doubt you're cut for this.

Also, why not just publish in the west? If your work's good enough it'll find it's way around the globe anyway.
>>
File: 1436275528984.jpg (138 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436275528984.jpg
138 KB, 768x1024
>>77477777
FOUND THE Q U I N T GET
>>
>>77477777
>implying I want to be japanese or move to japan
I just want to get published, not move there.

>>77477785
sure, I know.
I just wanted to shitpost tbqh
>>
>>77477758
A claim you can't back up is as worthless as your ambitions.
>>
>>77477824
http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/06/08/us-japan-manga-university-idUST14000620070608#U6i1F37PjF0pQViE.97
>>
>>77477805
>I just want to get published, not move there.
I understand your goal, but what was with the /pol/ comment? The Japanese are objectively an insular people, with a 99% native population crammed into a relatively small area. That will hurt any chance you have of being taken seriously when pitted against home-grown talent.
Not to say they're malicious: they're generally very friendly and accommodating to a point, but as a foreigner you're likely going to lose out to home-grown talent every single time.
>>
>>77477924
have you seen what gets published?
there's shit like SAO that is fanfic tier.
>>
File: lewd damn.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
lewd damn.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>77477777
>>
>>77477976
Quality is not the issue here, man. By all means, do try your hardest to get published, we'll cheer you on and pirate your shit if you succeed. But there are cultural and linguistic obstacles in your way that you'll have to get over in addition to the regular publishing process, so be prepared for some racial discrimination on the way.
>>
>>77477976
SOA is also made by the Japanese for the Japanese. As shitty as SOA is, they're likely to choose something like that over anything you have to offer
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.