[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't DC and Marvel do crossovers anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Marvel-v-DC.jpg (237 KB, 1023x772) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-v-DC.jpg
237 KB, 1023x772
Why don't DC and Marvel do crossovers anymore?
>>
>>77466201
I'd settle for a rerpint of JLA/Avengers at least.

Real answer is because Quesada is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>77466201
Quesada and/or Perlman.
>>
>>77466201
Marvel owned by Disney and they don't care. Same reason why there isn't a MvC4.
>>
>>77466201
Disney and Quesada will never allow it again.
>>
That sounds like something that would be fun. They don't do that anymore.
>>
File: 1442981835788.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1442981835788.png
107 KB, 320x287
>>77466201
Marvel(Quesada) a shit.
>>
>>77466201
According to Brevoort, they don't sell enough to make it worth it. DC and Marvel have to split the profits and if a crossover sells, say, 200,000 in the direct market, they make just as much money doing a comic that sells 100,000.

It'll probably happen again at some point, but not any time soon.
>>
>there will never be doctor fate/ms marvel crossover
>>
I think Quesada has some resentment towards DC over getting kicked off a title in the 90's back when he was an artist
>>
Because I'm already tired of seeing Marvel put out Avengers vs Xmen comics every few years, and DC putting out Superman is evil in this world comics(Injustice is ok though, just because of how stupid it is).

I want to see Batman in NYC fighting Spiderman rogues, and Spiderman in Gotham fighting Batman rogues.
>>
>>77466201
Quesada
>>
>>77466201
Quesadea
>>
>>77467284
I want so see Dr. Doom running The Legion of Doom

I want to see Captain Carrot and his Zoo Crew team up with Howard the Duck. There MUST be a Duck Season/ Rabbit Season joke
>>
>there will never be algaman comics ongoings
>>
>Billy Batson will never backhand Carol Danvers
>>
>>77467845
Reed Richards will never meet Plastic Man
Why live?
>>
>>77466201
Disney and Warner Bros.
>>
>>77467845
> The Marvel family and the Mar-Vell family will never team up to stop The Kree Supreme Intelligence that is under the control of Mr. Mind
>>
>>77467929
Selina Kyle and Felicia Hardy will never scissor
Existence is meaningless
>>
>>77467591
I want to see Batman and Green Goblin fight, while Bruce Wayne and Norman Osborn negotiate a business deal and slowly discover each other's secrets.
>>
>>77468158
>Lois Lane will never tell JJJ off
Somewhere in the multiverse, i'm enjoying that story right now. Fuck me
>>
>>77468109
>Mar-Vell's faggot kids will never try to fuck Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel
>>
>>77468259
> Clark and Jimmy are covering a story
> run into Peter Parker
> Jimmy and Peter bro out
> monster attacks
> Clark and Peter fuck off with an awkward excuse to save the day
> Jimmy left standing like wtf i hav no frands
>>
>The Green Lantern Corps are beat cops. The Nova Corps are the Special Agents. They're always at each other's throats.
>Jonathan Kent served in Captain America's unit in World War II and Superman holds great respect and admiration for Cap.
>Cap crash-landed in Themyscira instead of Steve Trevor and fell in love with Hypolita in WWII.
>Quicksilver is the only active speedster without access to the Speed Force, and that really pisses him off.
>Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom are pen pals. Each letter is accompanied by an assassin sent to eliminate the receiver.
>The Daily Bugle goes under and is acquired by the Daily Planet. Perry White is the editor-in-chief and J. Jonah Jameson is the sub-editor. He keeps trying to get Clark Kent fired for always being late, but Perry always stops him. Clark and Peter have no idea they're Superman and Spider-Man, respectively.
>Oliver Queen and Tony Stark really hate each other's guts.
>Hal Jordan slept with She-Hulk and it went horrible for all involved parties and several city blocks of Coast City.
>Aquaman and Namor are rulers of rival city-states in the lost continent of Atlantis, and both view themselves as the rightful heir to the throne. Aquaman is the one true king, though.
>Mutants are not persecuted because people are generally more accepting of superpowered beings, and Superman advocates for them.
>>
>>77468479
>Man-Bat is mostly a Spidey villain these days
>Loki and Ares have dicking contests
>Venom is crazy obsessed with Nightwing
>Quicksilver fucking hates The Flashes
>Vandal Savage is Wolverine's greatest enemy
>JJJ will *always* stand up against Luthor
>Spider-Man has been part of every group at one point or another, but mostly the JL and the Teen Titans
>>
>>77468512
>Hank Henshaw attempted to reproduce the experiment that gave the Fantastic Four their powers, but only turns himself and his family in deformed monsters. He blames the Fantastic Four for his condition and becomes their enemy, the Super-Cyborg.
>Deathstroke is a result of a failed attempt to reproduce the Super soldier Program in Vietnam and has a rivalry with Captain America.
>Sandman and Electro join the Rogues.
>Dr. Will Magnus collaborated on Ultron's creation and he regards the Metal Men as his siblings.
>Wolverine and Ra's Al Ghul cross paths throughout history.
>Batman is invited to join the Illuminati, but declines, and begins monotoring them.
>The Green Lantern Corps is meant to locate uninhabited planets for Galactus to consume and evacuate inhabited planets if he can't control his hunger, as the Guardians know he is necessary for the Universe's survival.
>>
File: Plastic man Vs. Reed.png (204 KB, 2432x1645) Image search: [Google]
Plastic man Vs. Reed.png
204 KB, 2432x1645
>>77467929
>Reed Richards will never meet Plastic Man
>Why live?

Hang in there anon, we will see Reed fail to become the bicycle one day.
>>
>>77468549
> Apocalypse attempts to take over Egypt when Hawkman ruled as Khufu but is defeated by the efforts of Hawkman, Black Adam, the first Moon Night and Nabu
>Nth Metal is actually purified Celestial blood
>Anti Monitor is a rogue celestial that was banished to the anti matter universe to prevent it from destroying the universe.
>Martians and Skrulls share a common ancestor in an ancient seeder race though the skrulls claim the maritans to be lost skrull colonists
> The reach developed the Symbiotes as a bio weapon to counter the Green Lanterns but they were to uncontrolable so they developed the scarabs
>Man-Thing is actually a member of the parliment of trees who prefers to walk amongst the mortals
>Mephisto was one of the angels who followed Lucifer Morningstar in the rebellion against heaven, he frequents Lucifer's bar to check up on things.
>After losing his title as sorcerer supreme Strange takes up the mantle of Doctor Fate for a while
>Wakanda and Gorrilla city are at an uneasy ceasfire after Grodd attempted to conquer it.
>Atrocitus binds the Ghost rider entity to the red power battery for a time turning all red lanterns into skeletal demons.
>>77468565
If I could draw I would do it myself
>>
File: He got a bicycle.jpg (170 KB, 717x628) Image search: [Google]
He got a bicycle.jpg
170 KB, 717x628
>>77467929
>>77468565
>>
>>77468414
>Jimmy Olsen has a rivalry with Peter Parker
>doesnt help that the supes watch also triggers his spidey sense
>whenever Jimmy is at a crisis he inadvertently summons his rival
>>
>>77468585
>"I am Black Manta. I demand to fight the King of Atlantis!"
>Namor shows up.
>"No, not you, the real king."
>Namor now hates Black Manta as much as Black Manta hates Aquaman.
>>
nice thread guiz
>>
>>77468549

Luthor should join the Illuminati as well. Batman vouches for him primarily to keep him where he can keep an eye on him
>>
I wonder if President Luthor would still be a thing?
>>
File: 1433387387243.jpg (40 KB, 465x262) Image search: [Google]
1433387387243.jpg
40 KB, 465x262
>>77466201
because they're garbage

>>77466237
more likely it's just that there's so little potential money in a comic book crossover neither company is interested

for the cost of working together, getting all the legal shit sorted, the profit share worked out (which is never, ever going to be a straight 50/50, because you always have an arcane formula for that shit just so you can try to screw the other guy), they're still only going to get something that sells as well as the top event comics do - but they then have to split the profits and probably pay pretty much the same costs they would have for the event book alone

>>77467065
boom

>>77467210
Quesada hasn't had any say in the day to day running of Marvel for 5 years, anon

he's even been somewhat sidelined at the studio now

>>77467845
Why would Shazam hit Warbird?
>>
>>77468479
>>77468512
>>77468549
>>77468585
did you save these from a thread a while back? there was a discussion here where a LOT of these ideas were presented and they're all great and I didn't save any of them so thank you
>>
>>77468277
>Mar-Vell's faggot kids

10/+£
>>
>>77468898
Yeah I did. No problem anon
>>
Does Stan Lee get a say anymore in Marvel? Or is it his role restricted to cameo appearances in MCU?
>>
>>77466201
Why do you want crossovers anyway? These things rarely turn out to be good
>>
>>77467209
>Both characters have similar religious beliefs
Therefore, they must fuck
>>
>>77466201
>anymore
They only did it once, for a brief period during the 90ths.
>>77466240
From what I heard it's Marvel who refuses to renew the licences, not Disney. It's also said that Disney are pissed off with how badly Marvel is handling their game properties
>>
>>77475266
>They only did it once, for a brief period during the 90ths.

No? Most of them were in the Bronze Age.
>>
Avengers, JLA & Robocop vs Aliens, Terminator, Predator & Dracula when?
>>
>>77466201
It is more costly and less profitable than any other major internal crossover.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.