[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doesn't the DCEU's tone seem more and more unappealing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 17
Doesn't the DCEU's tone seem more and more unappealing with every new terrorist attack?
>>
>>77464472
No. Why should it?
>>
>>77464472
It makes it more relevant and grounded
>>
>>77464500
People might not want a double serving of dire catastrophe?
>>
>>77464518
>It makes it more relevant and grounded
More like ground zero
>>
OP, are you a baby?
>>
>>77464558
Is there a webm of Man of Murder causing 9/11?
>>
>>77464472
Nope

I do think it makes some people uncomfortable, they'd rather watch something that makes them not have to confront reality.
>>
>>77464525
Everyone will forget the attack in Paris in a month. maybe less.
>>
File: muricunts.jpg (65 KB, 1322x621) Image search: [Google]
muricunts.jpg
65 KB, 1322x621
>>77464472

wait wait! you want anglosaxons and jews stopping making money?
>>
File: 0608oped_tye2.jpg (67 KB, 460x630) Image search: [Google]
0608oped_tye2.jpg
67 KB, 460x630
>>77464472
If superhero stories were done now as they were originally, we'd have movies and comics in which Superman fights against Isis.

The idea was never to present a fictional world in which bad stuff never happened, but to present one in which superheroes existed to fight against it.
>>
>>77464525
I doubt the plot of this movie and what happen in Paris will have anything in common.
>>
>>77464610
>go watch Marvel

If you say so Zack
>>
File: memeoffbro.gif (2 MB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
memeoffbro.gif
2 MB, 500x185
I'm glad Marvel understands the importance of levity in these stressful times.
>>
>>77464633
Isn't the latest "Suicide Squad" story about the Squad fighting ISIS?
>>
>>77464633
IronMan sort of fought an Isis like group in the first movie.
>>
>>77464655
Joss Whedon should have been aborted
>>
>>77464656

The FIRST Suicide Squad story is against a terrorist group called the Jihad

I think it's a not-ISIS btw
>>
>>77464472
No because the quantitative appeal of a movie is inversely proportional to the direness of the world's situation, m8.

Note the popularity of Threads, Testament, The Day After, and various other nuclear war films released the 80s when Able Archer saw the world teetering on the edge of nuclear conflagration moreso than even the fucking Cuban Missile Crisis.

tl;dr world events fuel the people's hunger for similar kinds of fiction.
>>
>>77464656
Pretty much, an eXtreme group of League of Assasain broke off and started their own hardcore group which is pretty much what ISIS did
>>
That's precisely the time when people needs to be the most inspired. Marvel's tone is too comedic for any of us to feel "dread" so they can't really be inspiring. I'm not saying that as a bad thing; I like the MCU and loathe MoS mind you.

Part of my dislike of MoS is not because of the tone but because Superman himself wasn't inspiring; the world he lives in can be dark, but he must be the light in that darkness, not the angsty muslcleman who can solve the problem. I'm carefully optimistic they will fix that.

In the end, the characters everyone call unrelatable because they are basically Gods might end out to be the most relatable ones because their world is closer to reality.
>>
>>77464472

I wouldn't say unappealing, but using blatant 9/11 imagery for a superhero movie does seem sort of... tasteless, I guess? Thats probably not the right word, but I cannot think of a better one.

Its one step above having a superhero whose origin story has them get their powers as the result of the Ferguson shooting. Using a real world tragedy as an excuse to claim relevance for your cape story.
>>
>>77464676
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Joss Whedon

How does it feel to be so unilaterally wrong?
>>
>>77464714
Let him have it. He needs all the help he can get.
>>
>>77464689
>>77464693
Ah. I could have sworn they advertised it as being ISIS itself.
I guess Not-ISIS is par for the course, then.

Reminds me of "Brightest Day" when Aquaman fixed the oil leak in two pages.
>>
>>77464712
lol
>>
>>77464712
>Its one step above having a superhero whose origin story has them get their powers as the result of the Ferguson shooting

>DCEU Cyborg is a straight-A college student from the projects protesting police brutality and joining a Black Lives Matter march
>a straight white ex-military KKK Republican in a pickup truck lobs a homemade grenade at the crowd
>Victor hurls himself on the grenade to save everyone else and is grievously injured
>Becomes Cyborg
>>
DC in general may have a problem as terrorist attacks potentially ramp up, people would question why Bats never kills Joker, why Gotham doesn't put him down, why no random armed citizen or cop gets lucky and gets in a fatal shot etc. That's assuming they don't kill off Joker, or worse make him a fucking immortal for no reason.
If they're actually going to do Under the Red Hood or something, they have to kill Joker at the end, not even by Bats's hand, but someone has to kill the motherfucker.
>>
>>77464772
...that's not so bad actually
>>
File: 2uYMBSf.png (1 MB, 600x977) Image search: [Google]
2uYMBSf.png
1 MB, 600x977
>>77464792
>If they're actually going to do Under the Red Hood or something, they have to kill Joker at the end, not even by Bats's hand, but someone has to kill the motherfucker.

If they do the Joker's death, it has to be this. Nothing else will do.
>>
Lets hide the worlds problems behind quips and spandex

WB is tackling real morality issues
>>
>>77464472
No, it makes it funnier, and it makes people hate christianfilth and mudslime scum more, resulting in them getting killed more often and more brutally!
>>
>>77464772
Actually, that could work. At least in some kind of a RealWorlds story where Victor ends up volunteering for any and every cybernetic prosthetic or enhancement in an attempt to regain that which he feels to be humanity, when in reality his ability to perceive that world around him is what makes him human.

Or something like that. But you've made something worth working with!
>>
>>77464842
>a straight white ex-military KKK Republican in a pickup truck clutching The Wealth of Nations lobs a homemade grenade at the crowd

ftfy
>>
>>77464865
Meant for >>77464772
>>
>>77464772
i'm ok with this so long as Guy Gardner is the grenade lobber and he still gets a ring later
>>
>>77464900
a white ring
>>
>>77464831
>WB is tackling real morality issues

Civil War, Iron Man, Winter Soldier and hell Iron Man 3 will/have tackled more real moral issues than DC/WB ever had.

BvS is about a rich guy mad at superman so they fight, and join to fight a spike monster....

Marvel is just superior in injecting moral issues into their films with nuanced subtlety without slipping into "mu darkness"
>>
>>77464900
But Guy's not racist, one of his friends is a black African-American negro
>>
>>77464472

>OMG, IT'S SO EDGY AND REAL!
>>
>>77464939
Can you describe some of them please
>>
>>77464472

Cumskins don't mind murdering millions in the last 10 years, but when someone swats at them, oh, then it's not fun anymore.
>>
File: 1446146107256.jpg (156 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1446146107256.jpg
156 KB, 397x402
>>77464972
Perhaps muslims should confront the radicals within their communities then, instead of just blogging about muh islamophobia
>>
>>77464472
this fucking shit was 9/11 GUISE NEVAR FORGET - The Trailer
>>
Superman should ask his villains nicely if they want to go fight in one of the deserted areas he's scouted before hand. Also, they should bring their entire invasion forces too.
>>
File: Mr_Piccolo.jpg (26 KB, 530x398) Image search: [Google]
Mr_Piccolo.jpg
26 KB, 530x398
>>77465051

> Superman should ask his villains nicely if they want to go fight in one of the deserted areas he's scouted before hand

Do you not?
>>
>>77464610
>WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>77464963

Iron Man - War profiteering

Winter Soldier - surveillance, privacy, government taking away civil liberties

Iron Man 3 - controlling and profiting on the war on terror, fake Mandarin literally an amalgamation of all of Americas fears and it's a fake, a distraction in the name of the all mighty dollar.

Civil War - government registration vs freedom, current politics of the current American election like the gun debate (will know more with trailers and when the film comes out).
>>
>>77464616
Only until the next one.
>>
>>77465112

IM3 also had some of the best stuff about anxiety/mental health I've seen in a movie.
>>
>>77464792
It's really fucking simple. Add in ONE fucking scene of Batman and Jim Gordon standing on the roof of the GCPD building after an attack by the Joker.

>Jim: "You ever think about it?"
>Bats:. "...About what?"
>Jim: "Killing him. Just stopping it. Once and for all."
>Bats: "I do. Every day. Every time I close my eyes."
>Jim: "Then why don't you?"
>Bats: "Because when I become a killer, I become a threat. You'll have to take me down, won't you?"
>Jim: "...Yes."
>Bats: "I can't let that happen. Not yet. For all the suffering he causes, at least for now, more good is done by doing things right. By the book. Focusing on saving lives, not taking them."
>Jim: "And if that ever changes?"
>Bats: "Then he dies."
>>
it actually makes it more appealing and fantastic for me... because it shows/asks a WHAT IF?

we basically live in the DCCU, but still wait for the arrival of the superheroes ;_;
>>
>>77465170

Don't know about of ANY movie... BUT

The end battle being a metaphor of all of Tony's anxiety, fears and PTSD being literally stripped away (the destruction of all the suits he built in his state of depression in and after the battle) is really brilliant.

>Based Shane Black.
>>
>>77465191
I dunno. I preferred Daredevil's theological justification "Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked" as an argument against murder, that heroes have to set the right example and if they start killing, even righteously, it will spread to society and slowly corrupt the people. It's the kind of thing that would work perfectly well in Batman, particularly since Gotham is such a terrible place and Batman aims to make it better.
>>
>>77464772
Though likely be more

>Victor seeks a peaceful resolution in a conflict between students and authority
>Radicals want to make him a symbol plamt a bomb where he is going to speak
>Bomb cripples him his "friends" come speaking about how much leverage they can get on this because nobody will speak out aginst them for fear of reprisal.
>Victor horrified turns his back on them.
>Fearing he could rat on them they plan to kill him with another bomb.
>His father diacovers the plot but too late to escape or defuse the bomb and quickly puts Victor in his experimental advanced rehabilitation chamber hoping it'll be strong enough to protect him.

"Remember what your mother would say about nights like this Victor, when the sky was so clear and the moon glowing bright."

"Night begins to shine."
>>
>>77465146
Yeah the Iron Man films really hit hard with all the members of the military industrial complex that love Marvel flicks

What a riveting look at the cruelty of mental health problems as Tony runs around with his trademark swagger and quips plagued with the occasional flashback or anxiety while hes blasting dozens of terrorists away.

And same thing with Captain America, I would show my local congressman those movies to really teach them a thing or two

You're confusing moral issues with political ones.

Man of Steel deals with morality itself and questions if it even exists. It also poses questions about the malleability of identity and the existence of fate.
>>
File: 3180508-man+of+steel+church.png (958 KB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
3180508-man+of+steel+church.png
958 KB, 1280x540
>>77465146
>>77465266

And all this without beating the audience over the head to make your point.

Subtlety. Something DC(and Snyder) doesn't know a thing about.
>>
>>77465358
>You're confusing moral issues with political ones.

Not him but they are both the same.

Also no one is showing any capeshit to anyone on the basis of their importance especially DC flicks. That's a RARE thing in film so it's silly to even bring up.
>>
>>77465191
He didn't even kill him for Injustice, an absolutely no killing ideology is written for four year olds. Just compare Joker to ISIS, would anyone say, no don't kill ISIS, even though they've slaughtered hundreds and will continue to do so. Actually, that's an unfair comparison, to ISIS, Joker is a genocidal maniac who has used chemical weapons and all sorts of shit on as many people as possible.
>>
>>77465363

That scene was so fucking cringy.
>>
>>77465473
>especially DC flicks
>implying The Dark Knight isn't the only capeshit that anyone takes seriously to any degree
>>
>>77465556
I liked it, it's the core of the whole movie.

>Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith first, the trust part comes later.
>>
>>77465578

The only thing people care about from TDK is Ledgers fantastic Joker performance.

Hell I would say Joker is 90% of the reason Batman i still relevant.
>>
>>77464691
Essentially. During the 80s when the world was teetering on the edge of nuclear apocalypse, the most popular forms of media were hyper violent, loud and excessive. Lots of patriotism, anti-Russian sentimentality, etc. If anything, DC's approach for something serious is going to put them in an even more relevant position.

I guess "Oh, bad things are happening in the world, better watch something funny." is just a new form of denial and escapism among some cloistered millennials.
>>
>>77465637
Films aren't meant to be relevant. Doing so causes them to age poorly.
>>
>>77464699
That's why I like CW's The Flash. He's a better symbol of hope, and belief in a better world despite how shitty the current one can be.
>>
>>77465891
I'd laugh, but that's actually pretty fucking sad if you believe that.
>>
>>77464633
I agree with your second point, but I don't know if he'd really be out there fighting Isis. There's not much moral ambiguity in hating the Nazi regime, but since Vietnam or even Korea, war is so decentralized that whole-hearted support for the military or the government's actions becomes connected to a way more complicated ethical mess. The idea of "a world where no bad stuff happened" is NOT the only reason we don't normally see Superman fighting Vietcong, the Taliban, or the Sandinistas.
As many Nazis as he's fought and as often as he fights for the American way, I'm not sure he's entirely an arm of America itself, either its government or its majority. Remember superman was really pretty leftist in its first incarnations, and at the risk of sounding conspiratorial, one of the likely reasons Siegel and Schuster were bashing Hitler so quick out the gate was that they were both Jewish. At the same time there's that strip where Clark very publically defends Japanese-Americans, which obviously went against the grain at the time (granted, that position swiftly changed in other material.)
There may be a way to have Superman fight Islamic extremism, but the Us vs. Them dynamic that is inherent to a simple 24-page story is pretty antithetical to the social complexities to that fight.

Besides, we already have Omega Men deconstructing how extremism works with plenty of nuance already.
>>
>>77465363
theres a ton of subtle stuff in that movie, people just get hung up on the obvious because they don't use their brains
>>
I love that as the DCEU gets closer more and more shill threads are popping up trying to make us hate it.
>>
>>77464699
>Marvel's tone is too comedic for any of us to feel "dread" so they can't really be inspiring.

I find Evans Cap extremely inspiring. Moreso than comics Cap who always comes off to me as a stiff, stubborn old timer instead of a friendly idealist.
>>
>>77465002
There are plenty of initiatives like that, and plenty of Islamic intellectuals that do just that, but because they aren't directed at places your attention is placed, which is apparently the blogosphere, you can act as if they don't exist.
On top of that, instilling a moderate approach is more complex than some guy making a sermon every day going "don't blow yourself up guys!" It's about building an entire culture and community, and when a community like Islam is so decentralized, that's damn hard, especially in the West, where places that can foster it like mosques and community centers can't be built without moral panic from somebody.
>>
>>77466203
Stop pretending like you've read any Cap comics faggot.

Can we have one fucking DCEU thread without Marveldrones?
>>
File: 1436578404336.jpg (29 KB, 357x312) Image search: [Google]
1436578404336.jpg
29 KB, 357x312
>>77464676

>GotG

>Whedon
>>
>>77466288
Well shit, I wish you'd told me years ago that those years of floppies I've collected would never count as "read" no matter how many times I looked at the pages, I could've saved a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>77466288
>Can we have one fucking DCEU thread without Marveldrones?
Because marveldrones are usually the ones making the threads to start company wars.
>>
>>77465891
Yeah lol those Vietnam War films are like so old man, we shouldn't watch them any more haha
>>
File: chinese mickey mouse.jpg (104 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
chinese mickey mouse.jpg
104 KB, 613x533
>>77464676
>>
>>77466203
I'm the guy you're replying to, and yes you're right. I forgot Caps.
>>
>>77466203

Evans personifies the all American boy scout incredibly, the best since Christopher Reeve.

It's a shame DC/WB botched Superman so bad.
>>
>>77466060
>but I don't know if he'd really be out there fighting Isis
>Chopping off peoples heads and selling their organs to fund their terrorist campaign is morally ambiguous
>>
>>77466452
They can redeem themselves though. As much as MoS Supes was disappointing when it comes to that, the way Ma Kent talks to him in the latest trailer gives me some hope.

Superman doesn't do it for vengeance like Batman or out of a sense of duty like Captain America or Peter Parker. He does it because he wants to. He doesn't owe anything to anyone.

But again, I still think the trailers for Man of Steel announced a much better movie than what we got. Hopefully things will be different this time around
>>
>>77464472
>be from middle eastern country
>western countries don't want to help us because we had a coup (ironically that people wanted)
>plane falls because of a bomb
>president gets crap for not dealing with terrorism

Tbh senpai I cant wait for the movie
Lets just hope there wont ve mass protests and goons out on the streets when it comes like when mos came out
>>
>>77464616
I give it 2 weeks, at most.
>>
>>77466563
You shits voted in a retarded party and didn't expect it to go badly.
>>
>>77465002
>egyptian president starts a crackdown in islamists by making them illegal then essentially hunting them down
>western counties somehow bitch about it because muh freedom of speech and muh coup
>>
>>77465002
The problem is that the people carrying out the mass killings aren't the radicals, they're the fundamentalists. As with all religions, every few generations there comes a spiritual revival where people try to get back to the roots of their beliefs. The massive dilemma is that Islam from the start was a political religion, seeking to establish a kingdom on earth by human effort.
>>
>>77466581
Star Wars is in what, a month? By at least that. Which is a pretty sad thing really and speaks to just the level of extended infantilism out there.
>>
>>77466653
The end choice was the choose between an ex-mubarak goon who went around pandering to the rich and the "oppressed" president whose party went around giving food to rural areas gaining arouns 60% of the country's votes secured
90% of christian majority city voted for them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
Mfw when we will never see a scene like this in the MCU again.

Ten Rings might as well have been ISIS.
>>
>>77466748
Well the other problem is people not seeing religions as the cancer they are. You'll notice you call them radicals, fundamentalists, extremists even, but can you ever honestly call them liars? Lots of politicians of course say 'this isn't the true islam', or some shit, one of course, politicians, the next level of professional liar beyond lawyers, and of course double speak not actually getting caught lying by calling them liars directly.
>>
>>77467168
Religion is not the problem. Humans are. Humans are always the problem.
>>
>>77467158
Well they kind of moved beyond earthly political strife, well we might see a tiny bit in Civil War, though that seems to be internal avengers politics I think, mostly. At best I think you might see something close with Black Panther maybe but all the rest are more likely to deal with crazy beyond earth kind of shit, Doctor Strange and his sorcery, I think Captain Marvel will be in space? Though that might be wrong, but will be much later anyways. I would think Ant Man and the Wasp are going to the microverse but who knows.
>>
>>77467168
>but can you ever honestly call them liars
Yes you can. Islam practices a concept called Taquiya, the idea that it's alright to lie, even under oath to further the advancement of Islam.

Over in India there was a case of a supposed convert to Christianity who had been part of a parish for little over a year, carrying out a mass shooting killing over a dozen people in his congregation while shouting about how great Mohammed was.
>>
>>77467242
Dead people don't talk Zod.
>>
>>77467325
I said honestly you jackass.
>>
>>77466552
>But again, I still think the trailers for Man of Steel announced a much better movie than what we got.

"You can save them all"
>>
>>77467158
See this is why first IM is the only good IM. They knew when to use humor and when to keep it serious. Tony doesn't spew jokes and one liners constantly while people are dying, and the mood during the action sequences are much more intense as a result.

You don't fucking quip while punching people in half and shooting them in the face execution style.
>>
>>77467804
Dunno, you might after you get used to it, that was his first run out so he was also probably checking diagnostics. He also took on those jets while on the phone with whatshisface making sort of jokes.
>>
>>77464712
>9/11 imagery
Who else is sick to death of this phrase? Skyscrapers getting destroyed existed before 9/11.
>>
>>77467973
I prefer the term "Godzilla destruction imagery."
>>
>>77467973
The running toward the dustcloud stuff is a bit too much like it, Avengers and Lokis army destroyed the fucking city but it did not really ever evoke 9/11 type imagery. Course they also had a team and got the local police to help evacuate.

Part of the problem they're going to run into is BAts, even though not in uniform, didn't run around telling people to get the hell away or organizing the police to get people out from the looks of it, he just ran into a cloud and hugged one little girl I guess.
>>
File: ASSupermanSaveEverybody.jpg (546 KB, 970x1156) Image search: [Google]
ASSupermanSaveEverybody.jpg
546 KB, 970x1156
>>77467459
The point of Superman has never been about saving everyone. The scene this line is referencing was ironically written to once again illuminate the constantly reiterated point in the Superman mythos, that, in spite of all of his power, that Superman cannot save everyone. Even the old Silver Agey movie from the 70s introduced this concept, verbatim, before eventually fumbling it in the climax with the Earth spin.
>>
>>77468391
But the thing Superman can't save "everyone" from in that story is something he ACTUALLY can't have an affect on, an illness.

Having Jor-El, an outside character and not Clark himself, say "YOU can save everyone" immediately before a situation the director has engineered to keep Supes OUT of Metropolis fighting a faceless machine that slaughters whole blocks of people on the entirely opposite side of the Earth just adds to the tone-deafness and disconnectedness of a movie that already has the serious problem of being too desaturated and almost emotionally sterile.
>>
>>77468391
That's not the point, the point is there are scenes in the movie that clearly only exist to have goodfeels in the trailer and make everyone think it'd be a typical Superman movie full of hope and victory.
>>
>>77464525
Right wasn't the last Avengers movie about a European Massacre?
>>
>>77464525
Something tells me that screaming people and piles of rubble will be the only similarities between superhero fights and a major terrorist incident. This is a stupid concern, and the movie doesn't come out for months in any case.
>>
>>77468513
>Supes OUT of Metropolis fighting a faceless machine that slaughters whole blocks of people
Yes. The villain stops Superman from saving people and, in fact, kills people as defined by his role. Superman's inability to save everyone doesn't just apply to his inability to cure illnesses. Sometimes Superman villains destroy entire planets.

>emotionally sterile
Given the amount of impassioned discussion about this movie, two years later, it would appear to be anything but.
>>
>>77468610
Did any civilians actually die in Avengers 2? Every big battle in an Avengers flick spends a shit ton of screentime on them successfully evacuating tons of people.
>>
>>77468610

One of the themes in it was about drone warfare and the anti-American (anti-Avengers) sentiment it creates.
>>
>>77468664
>Given the amount of impassioned discussion about this movie, two years later, it would appear to be anything but.

If people get angry at a movie about a pre-existing character they cared about BEFORE the movie, that doesn't mean the movie succeeded at being emotional.

The discussions and anger are about all the stuff the movie FAILED to do.
>>
>>77468189
Avengers and AOU got some flack for glossing over the devastation happening in each movie though.

It does trigger my autism a bit when something like the destruction of New York supposedly only caused the deaths of a few hundred people. And it really take me out of it when Iron Man feels it's appropriate to quip away while Hulk is trashing him and a city full of civilians.

But what you get when you focus too much on the 'tragedy' of it all, is MOS and a sense of feeling that the protagonist didn't do his job well enough in the end.
>>
>>77468704
There was a 9/11 style memorial part at the end of the first Avengers movie.
>>
>>77468654
The building falling down and following Bruce into a dustcloud is way too close to the similarity of first responders running into 9/11. Otherwise I don't know that any upcoming films have any sort of terrorist imagery, the worst would be if they have a villain who becomes a hostage taker in a scene less wild than Iron Man 1. Fortunately I don't think most supervillains ever really do that, Joker is more chemical weapons on lots of people, or I suppose beating Jason to death or using the bomb, neither of which may be particularly happy scenes, but I don't know if they can get around it, unless they just choose not to show it at all.
>>
>>77468851

Avengers 1's battle was only a couple of blocks

Both movies went out of their way to show the heroes saving innocents was priority 1
>>
>>77468856
Sure but did we see anyone besides Quicksilver die when Ultron turned Not-Latveria into a meteor?
>>
>>77468704
It seems we're supposed to buy that everyone got off the floating country in time. No casualties whatsoever.

That one boy you saw getting saved in the last moment by Hawkeye? That was the ONLY person who had gotten lost and needed help just before the whole thing exploded. Every single other civilian had been found and evacuated in time.
>>
>>77469100
>That was the ONLY person who had gotten lost and needed help just before the whole thing exploded. Every single other civilian had been found and evacuated in time.

We do straight-up see Wanda using mind control to make everyone leave their homes calmly and orderly before the fighting even starts.
>>
>>77468890
And 9/11 was only a couple of buildings, yet over 2000 people died. In Avengers we see Tony lead a giant space alien through a row of big buildings, including skyscrapers, Hulk tearing up parts of the city and civilians running from explosions happening a few meters behind them, cars and debris flying everywhere, alien ships and vehicles exploding and crashing to the ground. There had been no time to evacuate beforehand, the streets and buildings were filled with people when the alien attack happened.

I think the movie did a good job of focusing on the heroes saving people, but I find it a little insulting it tried to imply only so few people died.
>>
>>77469183
If Wanda can control the minds of thousands of people simultaneously, why didn't Ultron utilize her powers more efficiently?
>>
>>77469395
Because Ultron was a fucking idiot and only good for his massive robot ass.
>>
>>77469325
You're not wrong but in fairness, the Chitauri attack just took little chunks out of a lot of buildings as opposed to completely flattening them.
>>
>>77468890
>Both movies went out of their way to show the heroes saving innocents was priority 1
Not really. The only reason they even brought it to attention was because Cap, Hawkeye and Black Widow were completely useless to the fight otherwise, they needed something for them to do and there were like 2 lines dedicated to it. The focus was on the esplosions because that's what people paid to see.

Also, Iron Man lured one of those giant works directly into the middle of the city and smashed it into the side of a skyscraper while throwing out a dank one-liner in the process. What a hero.
>>
File: HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF!.jpg (438 KB, 964x1065) Image search: [Google]
HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF!.jpg
438 KB, 964x1065
>>77469920
>He doesn't appreciate a good party.
>>
File: halal.webm (564 KB, 860x484) Image search: [Google]
halal.webm
564 KB, 860x484
>>77464472
Jeez, okay, chill out, gawd
>>
>>77470228
Is it just me or is this scene kind of shitty? Oh noes, he glares past the camera. I suppose it's supposed to be dramatic, but it just looks comical. Not eve sure why, maybe Ben Affleck isn't doing it right or something.
>>
File: wayne.jpg (131 KB, 1431x601) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
131 KB, 1431x601
>>77470330
Just something odd about that face.
>>
>>77466393
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>77464726
I think they did say that. They must have changed it, perhaps they thought it was in bad taste or might get some fundies' attention.
>>
>>77469920
>>77468890
Avengers benefits from having a team made up of characters with different power levels, meaning some of them can be used for 'ground' stuff that doesn't include fighting the main villain or punching through buildings.

In MOS, it is made clear that Superman can not let his enemies out of sight for one second because he is the only force that can hold them back, so he has no way of saving individual civilians while the fighting is going on.
>>
I grew up on Godzilla movies. I loved watching cities get destroyed by giant monsters. Nothing infuriated me more than post-9/11 censorship of anything remotely conveying the fact that a building is susceptible to damage in some form.

I just want to watch destruction and mayhem. If people are triggered by it, they're not going to voluntarily search it... they'd abstain from all forms of media until they feel they're ready to expose themselves to fantasy violence without PTSD flashbacks. Watching a Power Rangers Megazord collapse onto a flimsy model building isn't going to cause mass hysteria... people who suffer from severe post-traumatic stress after a major noteworthy catastrophe are probably not going to be watching something they know will trigger an anxiety attack due to coincidental visual cues.
>>
>>77472531
>If people are triggered by it

That's the thing, people aren't triggered by it and don't care(anymore at least).
>>
>>77470330
It's just you.
>>
>>77464472

No.
Marvels happy go lucky approach seems gross in comparison though
>>
>>77466552

They can't redeem him. Cavill is boring to watch. He is an attractive black hole.
>>
>>77468189
>Avengers and Lokis army destroyed the fucking city but it did not really ever evoke 9/11 type imagery

Even though the Leviathans smashed into buildings and landed on top of them. The more I think about the MCU the more I despise it
>>
>>77466106

Lol. No.
>>
>>77470555

Looks too forced.
>>
>>77472950
Constipated?
>>
>>77464472
How so? The more shit we're in, the more we crave watching movies where one part is the obvious villain and the other the hero - and evil is ultimately destroyed by such simple means as beating the fuck out of it.

While DCEU is less lighthearted than MCU, this is still what we come to see, Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Spiderman, who the fuck cares? They see the evil we wish we could destroy (war, corruption, the killing of civilians) fly/drive/web-sling over there and defeat those responsible.

That is always going to have an attraction with an audience living in a world where good and evil are grey areas and the villain is everywhere and impossible to beat.
>>
>>77472859
What happy go lucky? Iron Man 3 was tony dealing with ptsd from the events. Also Daredevil
>>
>>77473006
Daredevil may as well not even be apart of the MCU. Fiege is ignoring all of the TV shows.
>>
>>77473006
Iron Man 3's all over the place tone and way of shifting between dead serious and silly was off putting imo. They do a good enough job of portraying ptsd-esque symptoms, but Tony suddenly forget he suffers from it during the last crucial 30 minutes of the movie.

A kid asking him annoying questions trigger a panic attack, but his girlfriend falling into a fiery pit of death makes him quip?
>>
>>77473006
Daredevil is Netflix and still with Marvel, so it might as well be it's own thing. Fiege is never going to acknowledge it outside of simple pleasantries in interviews for PR purposes since he threw Marvel under the bus and moved the studios to Disney.

I honestly don't know why Tony supposedly even had PTSD, considering he found time to make a drink while snarking it up with Loki. The PTSD angle was pretty much forgotten the next movie (hell, it was forgotten in the third act) just like everything that could conceivably resemble character growth.
>>
>>77464472
Not at all you thin skinned faggot.
>>
>>77475310
>I honestly don't know why Tony supposedly even had PTSD, considering he found time to make a drink while snarking it up with Loki.

Didn't the scene with Loki happen before the nuke scene,which caused the ptsd?
>>
>>77464472
I'll say. It was fucking terrifying when that Kryptonian fell on the people the terrorists were shooting.
>>
>>77475446
Yeah, that was all before he had to redirect the nuke through the portal, which is what gave him his PTSD. Plus the implications of what he saw in the portal probably didn't hit him until after the battle, anyway.
>>
>>77469641
Due to the way skyscrapers are built the Chitauri whale that smashed the side of the building would have caused a structural failure. Not only that, but it more than likely would have had the top part fall over instead of collapse vertically. At the end we see another whale collapsed on the roof of a building which in real life would have punched all the way through the building.

>>77469920
The best worst thing about the scenes of them saving people in Avengers is that the cops would have far, far more training for evacuation than Cap. Also the scene with Cap, Hawkeye, and Widow saving people on the bus doesn't even make sense as buses not only have emergency overrides for their doors, they also have emergency windows that can be removed from the inside.
>>
>>77465151
damn, anon
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=m8FYpN_BT9s
>>
>>77464772
I'd read it, why aren't we paying you?
>>
Avengers
>"we're not leaving until every last civilian has evacuated"

Man of Steel
>lol I'll just let that truck crash and explode on the building behind me,who cares?
>>
>>77469641
There's atleast one instance of one of the Chitauri whale-things smashing right through a building and it collapsing behind it.

The main reason most people don't react to the destruction in "The Avengers" is because it is so ineptly filmed that it fails to evoke any emotion.
>>
>>77475847
>Avengers evacuate an entire city in five minutes while Ultron does fuck all.

MoS's destruction is more believable than this.
>>
>>77475847
>Man of Steel
>>lol I'll just let that truck crash and explode on the building behind me,who cares?
No, that scene is clearly Clark making a mistake, realizing it and then immediately being punished for it by Zod.
>>
>>77464472
No because I'm not a thin-skinned retard who links destroyed city blocks to every recent terrorist attack.
>>
Avengers
>shows the heroes save people in multiple instances

Man of Steel
>here's an IHOP
>>
>>77464772
>Marvel's All-New All-Different Cyborg origin
>>
>>77465002
> instead of just blogging about muh islamophobia
Well we can't just pretend islamophobia isn't a rapidly growing thing.
>Perhaps muslims should confront the radicals within their communities
Yes, because that will end all terrorism forever.
>>
Avengers
>Tony actively saving people and looking forward to move the fight to areas with no civilians in the fight against hulk

Man of Steel
>hm, let's throw this big ugly goon into those facilities and cause them to explode. Who cares if innocent people are there
>>
>>77476248
>Yes, because that will end all terrorism forever

He's right you know.
Muslims should do something about it. Their religion and culture breeds hate and extremism. Their inaction is part of the problem.

Because it takes one person to kill hundreds of innocents like Breivik did, and we have to work as a society towards avoiding these thing, and Muslims have done nothing all these years.

It will be bloody, yes, like all battles are. But it's something that needs to be done, Muslims have to work towards making their culture what it's supposed to be.
>>
>>77476167
>Man of Steel
>>Saves 7 billion people.
>>
File: Faora-Smile_zps914d2e13.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Faora-Smile_zps914d2e13.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>77475847
>>77476167
>>77476273
Let's put the Avengers up against Zod and the crew of the Black Zero and see how well they do against some real villains rather than pathetic punching bags.

The only reason the heroes if the MCU comes off as good as they do is because all their villains are worthless.
>>
>>77477589
>muh powerlevels
>>
>>77477628
Nothing to do with powerlevels. The MCU villains are pathetic by design, they're written to be ineffectual punchingbags to make the heroes look more heroic.

It's easy to make the heroes look good when you don't write villains that can actually challenge them. Just look at "Age of Ultron". If Joss Whedon had any balls as a writer half of the Avengers would have been killed by Ultron and they would have been forced to choose between saving the world or the civilians on the rock. Instead Ultron just disappears whenever he's offscreen so the heroes can spend twenty minutes rescuing people without having to worry about the villain capitalizing on them being preoccupied.

It's easy to be heroic when the antagonist just pops off for a tea break in the middle of his plan to destroy the world.
>>
>>77467973

Don't tell that too the millennials. They think they invented blowjobs for Christ sake.
>>
>>77464714
>unilaterally wrong
That is just about the worst use of the word 'unilaterally' I've ever seen
>>
>>77477589
>>77477589

Can someone post a gif of Vision putting his hands in an Ultron drone and ripping it apart for me/a rebuttal?
>>
>>77477628
its not about the power levels
marvel villains have that too in terms of "faceless drone armies". That is the only justification for having six to eight heroes stopping a villain.
>>
>>77465358

Underrated post.
>>
File: GIF.gif (4 MB, 410x168) Image search: [Google]
GIF.gif
4 MB, 410x168
>>77477589
>>77479520
>>
>>77467325

>supposedly this thing happened

How is there not definitive evidence of this? Designateds can't even police competently enough to find out if a mass shooting was religiously motivated?
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.