[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Iris acting sensibly >and not like a total bitch >Barry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14
File: iris-west-136656.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iris-west-136656.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>Iris acting sensibly
>and not like a total bitch
>Barry no longer pining for her
>Patty is great
Is it a miracle or just dumb luck that Flash S2 is avoiding all the love interest pitfalls that Arrow continues to make
>>
>>77464210
I suspect dumb luck. Though perhaps the powers behind the show actually took the criticism about the romance drama nonsense to heart and made an effort to improve.

Or maybe they're waiting to blow their load in the later half of the season.
>>
>>77464276
Of course.
If you think they're not going to make Barry a bitch for love again, think again
>>
File: 1429499117264.jpg (12 KB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
1429499117264.jpg
12 KB, 200x148
>>77464210

>pitfalls
>Only current relationship is Ollie & Felicity

wut
>>
I think Iris is the E2 double and zooms personal mole.

It would make sense why she pushed Barry to go after Zoom and use Linda as bait.
>>
>>77464210
>Iris even being a part of the team
literally for what reason
I get that she knows about the secret identity, but all she does is add dialogue and a to the list of bodies for villains to threaten

I like how in the first season Iris was almost visibly wet for Flash, but now there's basically nothing between the two
I'm glad there's no bullshit drama, but all they did was replace it with Patty
>oh you're late again? wonder why, despite the fact that I've solved several meta crimes and have demonstrated amazing deductive skills
>>
>>77464295
The mere continued existence of Felicity is a pitfall
>>
>>77464307
I think she did that because Iris is a selfish bitch.
>>
>>77464337
To be fair, she's not always part of the team. She just comes by every once in a while.
>>
>Patty is great

Stop lying, OP. Stop lying to the board and stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>77464307
no one is an E2 double in disguise.

if they were, the audience would be clued in by now the same way they clued us in to Wells being Eobard long before the characters found out.

stop this theory.
>>
>>77464609
she's written poorly, but the actress sells it well enough that I don't mind.
>>
I really like she and Joe handled the situation with her mother. Most shows would drag that out for half a season with lies onto of lies and then spend the other half of the season with the fallout with all the involved charachters pissed at each other
>>
Lol tumblr loves the iris and Barry ship too much, I guarantee you their just waiting to shove a bunch of romance moments up our ass in the later half of the season
>>
>>77464210
Dude patty just started on the "tell meee why aren't you bring honest with meeee" thing. Mark my words it'll get worse as the season goes by, especially since Barry owes her a date that he'll probably have to blow off

Also best-grill Linda is back, so live pyramids galore
>>
>>77464210
>Patty is great
I wish this meme would end.
>>
>>77465769
she's only that way toward Joe though, who is her cop partner.
>>
File: 1443338670522.png (131 KB, 425x348) Image search: [Google]
1443338670522.png
131 KB, 425x348
>>77465769

I dunno why they don't just tell her. Haven't they learned time and time again that not telling the truth when someone is involved often bites them in the ass? Iris? Eddie? Linda? "Oh if I tell her, she'll get hurt" I'd believe that if Iris wasn't still fucking alive, not to mention that she's already on a Metahuman task force, ITS HER JOB!
>>
>>77465769
Maybe they're repeating themselves simply to do it right this time with Barry building up his reveal like it could destroy their entire relationship and then when he finally tells patty she's just like "that's neat, wanna go bang?"
>>
Caught up on both shows now. Arrow was pretty good, based off the thread it sounded much worse.
>>
>>77466265
Seriously, the way people talk about the new episodes you'd think it's as bad as AoS.
>>
>>77464210
she's still boring and contributes nothing of value
>>
>>77465688
>I really like she and Joe handled the situation with her mother.

this plot line should've never existed in a superhero show to begin with so who gives a shit
>>
>>77466785
it's just there to set up wally
>>
>>77466265
the worst parts of season 3 revolve entirely around felicity and the lukewarm ra's al ghul shit. everything else is fairly solid.
>>
>>77466785
Two words: Wally West!
>>
File: 1414723436210.png (317 KB, 729x1152) Image search: [Google]
1414723436210.png
317 KB, 729x1152
I'm officially dropping this show.

I just want to see flash do flash shit.

I am so sick and fucking tired of them FUCKING HAMFISTING THIS TWILIGHT LEVEL BULLSHIT MELODRAMA INTO A FUCKING SHOW ABOUT A SUPERHERO

THIS IS WHY YOU FAIL DC.

holy fuck i cant delete these episodes fast enough
>>
>>77470344
The hell are you talking about?
He literally did flash stuff in the last episode and fought the main antagonist.
>>
>>77470344
While I agree the drama padding can be a bit much and formulaic, the action sequences are pretty good for a television show. Last episodes fight was pretty brutal and great, albeit short. With network tv shows there will always be more drama than action in a show due to budget.
>>
>>77470344
Literally every superhero movie/show/comic has romance and melodrama subplots, do you even like capeshit?
>>
>>77470344

I think its funny that the only decent actors on the show are the villains.

makes me think black dad is a bad guy.
>>
File: what.jpg (72 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
72 KB, 1024x575
>>77473223
>>77473223

yeah, good romance and melodrama subplots

flash is shit for 15 year olds. horrible acting, horrible quips

why the fuck is iris' mother in the show? at least half an hour of fucking flashtime ruined BY SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN THE SHOW. AT ALL.

its like if i was watching xfiles and all of the sudden they made a plot about scullys mom having a fucking affair with some faggot

WHO CARES

THE SHOW IS ABOUT FUCKING FLASH, NOT SCULLYS MOM

JESUS CHRIST I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS KNOWING THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAN CAN SIT THROUGH THIS FUCKING DRIVEL OVER THE AGE OF 17
>>
>>77473476
See now you're just trolling.
>>
File: 1427251129695.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1427251129695.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
>Whenever Patty sees Barry she makes the same smile Spagheddie did when he would see Iris
>>
>>77473609
Then why are you still watching anon? Do you desperately need the attention shitposting gives you?
>>
File: 1369228962111.gif (1011 KB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
1369228962111.gif
1011 KB, 352x198
>>77473665
I will anon, thanks!
>>
>>77473609
>IS THERE LITERALLY ONLY ONE FUCKING COFFEE SHOP IN ALL OF FUCKING FLASH CITY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
This is such a nonsense complaint, you're really reaching now. It makes perfect sense for people to go to the same coffee shop.
>>
>>77473560
>Patty is Earth 2 Eddie as a tranny
Screenshot this
>>
>>77464337
Still hoping Patty is a plant sent by Waller or Savage or someone else, and she's not actually that stupid a detective
>>
>>77469986
I'm waiting to see if they'll just skip a character and have Wally just be Joe's son instead of grand son.
>>
>>77473709
even better theory:
Patty is Earth-2 Eobard Thawne, who stole Patty Spivot's body. Like how Earth 1 Eobard stole Wells' body. IT WAS ME, BARRY. I STOLE YOUR VIRGINITY!
>>
>>77473755
Already confirmed a long time ago senpai.
>>
>>77466324
>>77466265

/co/ loves to bitch and whine, what else is new?
>>
>>77464295
>Thea's starting another ill-advised relationship with the campaign manager
>Lance and Mama Smoak clearly about to get it on
>only one relationship
>>
>>77464337
>to the list of bodies for villains to threaten
Iris has never not been on that list, she got kidnapped by her metal school bully within five episodes.
>>
>>77473665
Enjoy the coronary your misplaced tard-rage gives you, anon.
I know I will.
>>
>>77464210
Iris wasn't even that bad in season 1. The whole "she must never know" thing made no fucking sense and was just there for pointless drama.
>>
>>77473742
Fuck you that part of the episode was hilarious.
I see your problem now, you're just so autistic you literally hate fun human interactions.
>>
>Cisco first kisses Golden Glider and now he's dating Hawkgirl

Alpha and based as fuck
>>
>>77473742
Sometimes I wish /co/ was around for Lois and Clark.
>>
Yeah and meanwhile, on Arrow, Felicity is fucking shit up with her useless drama again.

Usually drama on Arrow is tolerable, but Felicity is such a shitty dramatic actress that it's painful to watch. She only really has one shtick and that's her sarcastic quirky smartass act that she does., but she really can't do anything else. It just makes it so hard to watch the show.
>>
>>77474057
What's funny is that /co/ generally has fond nostalgia for Lois and Clark
>>
>>77474152
I'm convinced that's just 1 guy who keeps talking about it.

/co/ would shit itself on the Die Hard episode or when Bo Jackson and Clark play basketball out of nowhere.
>>
>>77465764
Well seeing how badly Arrow fucked over Black Canary and Green Arrow's relationship, can you blame them for being a bit over the top? Also I see a bit more SnowBarry and Patty/Barry than Iris/Barry on tumblr.

Also there is no way Iris's fans would let the showrunners pull a Laurel on her.
>>
>>77474133
The Felicity focus is really fucking bad. I mean, consider season 3 and 4. Episodes in which the main plots are:
>Ollie's sister got ganked and he has to submit to R'as in order to bring her back from the brink of death
>Ray Palmer has been alive for the past 6 months and has tried desperately to get contact with Felicity for help, and is being held hostage by the villain who has fucking magic

In these episodes, the main focus was put on:
>how sad Felicity was that Ollie was giving himself up. the emotional climax in an episode about saving the main character's sister's life is Ollie and Felicity finally banging
>how sad Felicity is that she's so in love with Ollie that she wasn't around to help Ray, and how upset this makes her about herself. The "emotional climax" was her and Ollie making it through this trying time together

Both cases in which individuals who were very close to the MCs were in danger, and both times the focus is put almost exclusively on how that makes Felicity feel.
>>
>>77474240
In Ray's case Felicity was the one closest to him, it made sense to focus on her reacting to him being alive. Ray wasn't particularly scarred by the events, and the show isn't about Ray anyway, so there much point spending time and budget on a third tier supporting character's flashbacks about sword fighting cockroaches when he's not even going to be on the show for long because he's almost immediately spinning off to Legends of Tomorrow.
>>
>>77474397
>Legends of Tomorrow
When is this going to premiere?
>>
>>77473476
>why the fuck is iris' mother in the show?

To introduce Wally
>>
>>77474152
Based on the pilot alone, Clark was a much better character than in all the movies combined

Dat scene with the old actress
>>
>>77464210
Caitlin/Jay is incredibly forced

I know they said six months later but on real world terms she just lost her husband an episode ago and already she's wet for someone else.

Would be half tolerable if Garrick didn't reciprocate. The guy has his own damn love interest since the Golden Age.
>>
>>77475246
She was all "muh Ronnie" in S1 too, except when she got drunk and hit on Barry.
>>
>>77475246
>I know they said six months later but on real world terms she just lost her husband an episode ago and already she's wet for someone else.

So it's only acceptable if she waits till episode 16 before she lusts after Jay?
>>
>>77475437
It gets less of a whiplash
>>
Reminder he said Patty was "NOT MUH IRIS" until both Joe AND Iris told him to go for her.
>>
>>77466324
But AoS is much better than Arrow
>>
>>77475679
Not a high bar on either end
>>
>>77473394
Black Dad is the best hero ever, shut your mouth

>Joe will never be your dad
>>
>>77464337
>>oh you're late again? wonder why, despite the fact that I've solved several meta crimes and have demonstrated amazing deductive skills
Yeah, this is always a problem. Like how it took Hank so long to figure out Walt was Heisenberg.
>>
>>77466324
AoS is pretty good now
>>
>>77475437
why does she need to do any of that? why can't they just NOT do a romantic subplot?
>>
>>77476836
I see no reason to not do a kindling romance between Caitlin and Jay.
>>
>>77477105
yeah god forbid a character in this show do something other then pine after another
>>
>>77476797
Its tolerable. They still suffer from the same problems that made the first season reviled. They stay on a single plotline far too long. Season 1 - Centipede Centipede Centipede, oh wait its Hydra. Season 2 - Inhumans Inhumans Inhumans, Fitz is mental Season 3 - Not Hydra Not Hydra, some Inhumans, Simmons is mental.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>77476797
>>
Its the CW. Teen wangst romance is just going to happen. The problem with Arrow is the terrible Canary storyline, I actually started laughing at how badly it was handled.
>>
>>77476757
In all fairness, wasn't Hank an absolute fucking moron before his accident made him take his job more seriously?

And Walter was literally the last person you'd expect to be cooking meth.
>>
>>77477334
I don't know that Hank was a moron so much as he didn't take anything seriously because he thought he was hot shit in a champagne glass.

And yeah, no one would ever expect Mr. Rogers to be in the meth business, but you still kind of start to wonder after so long, ya know?
>>
>>77464337
Just wait a few episodes, I'm sure Barry will reveal his identity again for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>77464210
Doesnt make up for the fact that season 2 as a whole has been very underwhelming.
>>
>>77475246
I agree, they're moving way too fucking fast with that shit. I'm okay with the pairing but goddamn that stakeout kiss came out of nowhere and was really awkward. I don't even care about her already being over Ronnie, this is just fucking painful to watch.
>>
>>77477143
You're so full of shit. Jay's primarily been advising Barry and teaching him new moves and Caitlin's getting an entire episode that revolves around her relationship with Grodd. You make it sound like every minute of their screen time is going to be about them being wishy washy teenagers in love.
>>
>>77475256
>Caitlin has an intense Speedster fetish
>will act super fucking slutty and seductive towards Barry after becoming Killer Frost
>>
>>77477428
Jay's primarily been off screen because they don't feel like paying the actor to do anything
>>
>>77477428
>Caitlin's getting an entire episode that revolves around her relationship with Grodd

hold up

That's what Gorilla Warfare is about? I didn't even realize they knew each other that well.
>>
>>77477475
It was shown that she was his caretaker at star labs
>>
>>77464295
Lost Souls
Episode 6
11/11/15

Team Arrow launches an attempt to rescue a miniaturized Ray from Damien's stronghold. Meanwhile, Felicity begins to wonder if she's losing herself in her relationship with Oliver, and Donna arrives in Star City to pay her daughter a visit.
>>
>>77477490
I completely forgot about that, I guess I just assumed that job was standard work and that she didn't go full Mighty Joe Young with Grodd.
>>
>>77465979
Fucking this. Jesus Christ don't these writers realize the "WE CAN'T TELL HER" card just doesn't fucking fly anymore when EVERYBODY ELSE KNOWS AND IS DOING JUST FINE.
>>
>>77477612
why not just drop the entire secret identity?
>>
>>77477612
>literally everyone Barry personally knows now knows besides Patty and some other cops

What's the fucking point? I was hoping for Zoom to unmask him if only to kill this stupid plot point.
>>
>>77477612
How are they even going to attempt to hide it from her at this point? Flash got fucked up right in front of her eyes and coincidentally at the same time, Barry fell down the stairs and is now in a wheelchair?

I really hope they are going to make Patty pull another "yeah, I'd be a crappy detective if I didn't figure this one out"
>>
>>77477669
I know, even Captain Cold knows at this point!
>>
File: sweaty hal.png (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweaty hal.png
90 KB, 300x300
>>77477434
>Caitlin hits on Jesse Quick
>>
>>77464210
Is Iris still alive? Then Flash S2 is making the same mistakes that Flash S1 made
>>
>>77477632
Considering Ollie told half the fucking population of Star City he was The Hood in season 1, I'm still trying to figure out why he even bothers with one in season 4.

>>77477669
>I was hoping for Zoom to unmask him
This. If Zoom really wanted to hurt Barry he would have unmasked him before leaving the police station.
>>
>>77477355
>but you still kind of start to wonder after so long, ya know?
Why? There's never been anything in suggesting that Walter was involved until the WW on the gift letter.
>>
>>77464210
>>77464276

I think the show has two different audiences, in GENERAL:

>Arrow=Girls who love CW relationship drama and Amell's abs.

>Flash=Comic book fans, super hero fans.

I know that's a broad stroke but I've run into this in real life. The only other people I know who watch Arrow besides me are a bunch of girls, from different backgrounds, who say they watch it for Amell. Although one said she got more into comics because of it.

Everyone I met who's watching the Flash is either super into comics or just super heroes/cape stuff in general. Chick friends say "Flash is dweby!" So they don't watch it unless it's a cross over episode.

So that being said I think they leave the Arrow drama because they know a large chunk of the audience is there for that and they don't do it for Flash because the audience doesn't care for it as much.
>>
>>77480083
Because he got super lucky and kept getting lucky.
>>
>>77473983

>>Lance and Mama Smoak clearly about to get it on

I totally ship this though. Not even as a relationship but a one night stand kind of thing just to make it awkward for everyone involved. Fuck, imagine if they got married.... Lance is Ollie's pseudo-father-in-law... AGAIN!

>>77474053

Yeah it's almost unbelievable but hey... speed force, we ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>77476797
AoS has waaay too many problems, I struggle to think of anything I like about the show besides the effects and locations they can do because daddy Disney funds everything.
>>
>>77473742
You sound 14.
>>
>>77464337
>>77464337
>but all she does is add dialogue and a to the list of bodies for villains to threaten
She's Barry's lightning rod, fucker
She helped when he fought Grodd. When are they gonna do that again?
>>
File: 1395297128397.gif (550 KB, 285x375) Image search: [Google]
1395297128397.gif
550 KB, 285x375
>>77473476
>cape shit

>good romance and melodrama
>>
>>77481752
When Shantel leaves. They are keeping Iris away from Barry so they can force another ship ppl can insert into.
I hope Shantel's show gets picked up so she can put her acting to good use. Because CW cannot write quirky good.
>>
I like the new season of Arrow more than the new season of Flash.Amell when he's allowed to be funny has more personality than 90% of Flash's actors and they're doing more interesting things than rehashing "Who is Reverse Flash?" with "Who is Zoom?"
>>
>>77481877
Literally no one in the show is wondering who Zoom is, hell it seems like Harry already knows. All team Flash cares about it beating him so he doesn't kill Barry and innocents.
>>
>>77464210
When was iris a bitch? Ok maybe to eddie a bit but I think they got over it after having a talk
>>
>>77481877
The midseason finale of Flash is going to have the Rogues finally assembled. That has me more excited than anything with Zoom or Reverse Flash! Love the Rogues!!!
>>
>>77464337
How do we know Patty hasn't figured it out?
>>
>>77464210
>Patty is great
Being a nerdy awkward white girl doesn't make you "great".

She's an annoying shit.
>>
>>77482587
why did you feel the need to bring up her race
>>
>>77473476
>horrible acting, horrible quips

[citation needed]
>>
>>77473764
Na, no way wally with his boysh charm and singing voice is a virgin
>>
File: Take it easy!.png (36 KB, 254x127) Image search: [Google]
Take it easy!.png
36 KB, 254x127
>>77473609
>>77473476
>>77470344
>>77473665
>>77473742
Take it easy!
>>
SO... Caitlin is getting replaced by her Earth 2 counterpart?
>>
>>77480083
I've unfortunately never gotten around to the last season so I don't know how the whole revelation eventually goes down yet but
>the shit lost from walt's lab
>walt conveniently showing up during meth bust
>having to butt heads with someone that's both walt's former student and supposedly sold him weed
among other shit off the top of my head
>>
>>77482600
Why does it bother you?
>>
File: Code Yoko.jpg (72 KB, 480x621) Image search: [Google]
Code Yoko.jpg
72 KB, 480x621
>>77464210
>avoid love interest pitfalls
>making out with Patty in the work place while a killer is on the loose int he city
Pick one
>>
>>77482622
>LET'S DO CROSS FIT
>YEAH GURLLL
>Superhero Tinder!
>>
>>77468419
>>77469986
do it a less shitty way, they're not obligated to do an awful subplot to get Wally in the show. is that really the entrance you want for Wally? a crap plot straight out of the playbook of a day time soap opera?
>>
>>77464210
But they're gonna go back to status quo and have them get married anyway, right?
>>
>>77481949
yeah i agree. rf's identity was a big deal because he murdered barry's mom and they needed to know that to have a chance of getting henry out of jail. with zoom they don't really care who it is, as much as why he's doing this and how to stop him
>>
>>77485594
Man people really had fucking issues with that line. I thought it was fine. It seemed natural. If I suddenly became part of a superhero's entourage I could see an interaction
>Guess we better start lifting, eh?
>Hell yeah!

I dunno. Maybe I am lame.
>>
I need more delicious injured Barry
>>
>>77482622
>what is this written in dothraki?!
>>
>>77485620
how would you do it fucker?do tell us pls
>>
>>77486455
>WAHHHHHHHHHH you can't criticize a show unless you're a professional writer
>>
>>77486557
cant even give a simple answer reddit? go watch daredevil again bitch
>>
File: 1413205005713.png (820 KB, 1287x1101) Image search: [Google]
1413205005713.png
820 KB, 1287x1101
>>77465764
>le tumbler boogy women

If anything comic fundies will want it because anything different from the comic is bad.
>>
>>77485896
Yeah it makes sense to either start seriously powerlifting or track running or something.like that, maybe both, I personally have a bad image of crossfit
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.