[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated Villains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15
>Whenever someone mentions the Teen Titans cartoon, everyone flaunts over Slade
>Not this glorious motherfucker

It's still the voice I hear for brain.
>>
File: 1447369036117.jpg (139 KB, 500x507) Image search: [Google]
1447369036117.jpg
139 KB, 500x507
>>77459292
Brain never gets enough love
>>
>>77459385
he has a better and more fullfilling love-life than Harley Quinn
>>
>>77459292
Well, Slade was basically the primary villain of the show and he was scary as fuck. That said, Brain was great. Honestly, the entire Brotherhood of Evil was pretty good as villain teams go.
>>
File: The_Brain.png (72 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Brain.png
72 KB, 400x300
>>77459292
I'm open to seeing more of the brain
>>
>>77459292
>>77459556
THE TEEN TITANS MUST BE EX-TEEEERMINATED!
>>
>>77459476

Slade
>Hire only a few villains at a time
>Struggle against one group of heroes
>Be the devil's bitch

Brain
>No body, but amasses the world's largest collective of super villains with words and promises alone
>Takes down almost every hero out there
>Not only beats Robin, Slade's biggest obstacle, but does so in front of every villain Robin's ever beaten
>>
File: why.png (245 KB, 424x320) Image search: [Google]
why.png
245 KB, 424x320
>>77459724
>>Be the devil's bitch

Just shows to prove that TT-fags only read wiki articles.
>>
>>77459872
>All that salt
>>
>>77459292
The Brian was a great villain to use for season five. My only disappointment with the series is how each Titan received their own arc except for StarFire.

> Season 01 - Slade / Robin
> Season 02 - Slade & Terra / Robin & Beast Boy
> Season 03 - Brother Blood / Cyborg
> Season 04 - Trigon & Slade / Raven & Robin
> Season 05 - Beast Boy
>>
File: YX6ZTJ2.gif (678 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
YX6ZTJ2.gif
678 KB, 480x320
>>77459872
>>
>>77460046
I'm thinking they just never had the balls to make Blackfire evil enough.
>>
>>77459724
Brain was a more effective leader, to be sure. Slade always had a personal stake in things and he tended toward a single minion (or a single small group of them) since he wanted to maintain control over everything that went on rather than just pointing a soldier at a target and saying "go kill that". That was his downfall. Still, power isn't the only factor in what makes a villain memorable. If it was, Trigon would be the show's most popular antagonist. Slade was more frightening than Brain because Brain only cared about defeating superheroes, while Slade would pick a potential "student" and put everything he had into breaking them. This may have been his downfall, but it also made him stand out. I imagine he could have been as powerful as Brain if he'd been content with merely winning.
>>
>>77460139
Blackfire was never a threat against the entire team when you think about it.

Really, the story about the aliens that captured Starfire for the prequel episode should have been expanded upon. Create a new character that wanted Starfire as a slave or something come to Earth as the villain.
>>
>>77459292
he's a pretty bland villain and was involved in the weakest parts of the show. People over look him for a good reason.
>>
>>77460286
But the appeal of Brain is how he had a much bigger picture. Slade was so focused on Robin that he never saw the potential of the world around him. Brain, however, was completely aware that he lived in a world of super powered beings, and he took full advantage of that. He had the right idea of "why even give you good guys a chance to work for me when I already know you'll say no?"
>>
File: Malcho.jpg (85 KB, 491x375) Image search: [Google]
Malcho.jpg
85 KB, 491x375
>>
File: probablygud.jpg (33 KB, 430x537) Image search: [Google]
probablygud.jpg
33 KB, 430x537
>>77459292
Not-Dan.

The fact that he's more acceptable in society immediately makes Dan less of himself.
>>
>>77460916
Fing Fang Foom?
>>
>>77459466
Thats because they have a relationship built on mutual respect, trust, and have turned that into a genuine love after years of working selflessly together
>>
File: 309px-Mister_Nobody_002.jpg (44 KB, 309x479) Image search: [Google]
309px-Mister_Nobody_002.jpg
44 KB, 309x479
>>77459385
>>77459292

Fuck those two, and their so called Brotherhood, don't they know Evil is an outdated and boring concept?
>>
>>77460885
Slade probably should have been content just to win, it would have benefited him more. However, the fact that he wasn't is one of the main reasons he's discussed so often when bringing up the show. I completely agree Brain is a cool villain who served as a good final opponent for the series, there are just some good reasons for Slade's popularity too.
>>
File: 4244923-agent+bishop.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4244923-agent+bishop.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
Say my name.
>>
>>77460046
Starfire didn't deserve her own arc. Her character and origin aren't expansive enough for a dedicated subplot, which is why they spread her development and episodes across all seasons.
>>
File: nd.png (673 KB, 601x536) Image search: [Google]
nd.png
673 KB, 601x536
>>77461339
go to bed Morden

Also, personally I found TT cartoon's interpretations of both the Brotherhood and DP to be pretty weak - though I have to admit Brain's voice actor was a good match (David Hyde Pierce is the only other option that comes to my mind). I wish he was a bigger deal, he and Mallah rarely show up nowadays and when they do, it's usually to have another gorilla around when Grodd shows up (last time was during Rotworld I think).
>>
Personally I think T. O. Morrow has a lot of rarely utilised potential. That story with him written by Simone and 52 gave him a plenty of interesting development but it went to nowhere and now he's basically background noise.
>>
>>77461782
>Grodd & Mallah show up cuz we need to apes
>The two fucking hate each other
>Ultrahumanite is an ape too and noboty likes that fucker either
>Detective Chimp is the only good simian in DC, probably hates those criminal fuckers

The apes will never unite, humanity is safe in DC
>>
>>77462207
>Mallah flirts with Grodd, giving him sly, distasteful remarks.
>Grodd uncomfortably lets it slide, yet can admire Mallah for his ferocity and strength as a non-GC ape.

>We will never get delicious monkey bara.
>>
>>77462207
Grodd teamed up once with Brain and Mallah, conincidentally it was also the only appearence by the BoE in the New 52. I don't think it counts as it happened during that Swamp Thing arc where Arcane conquered the world.

Now that I think of it, why the likes of Superman or even Doctor Fate never tried to get rid of Arcane for good?
>>
File: Monsieur_Mallah_Tiny_Titans_01.jpg (184 KB, 1231x680) Image search: [Google]
Monsieur_Mallah_Tiny_Titans_01.jpg
184 KB, 1231x680
>>77462266
they're apes, not monkeys, anon
>>
>>77459292
Brian was a great villain, I agree
>>
>>77462268
Anton Arcane. That guy is one hell of a fucking psycho, with ever growing powers and zero scruples. If he really wanted to, he could be a cosmic scale threat.

But Arcane doesn't WANT that. He only wants to bring suffering and pain to Swampy and Abbey. As such, he's usually localized his attacks and kept his power out of the gaze of the rest of the heavy hitters. Those fuckers just don't interest him and so he doesn't get their attention.

So yeah, the only reason why Supes or Fate or anyone else went after Arcane is because Arcane is usually a regional/localized threat in a part of America those guys never visit and Anton doesnt give two fucks about those people.
>>
>>77461734
Bob? Bob Horkmeyer, is that you? I haven't seen you since drama club in high school. How have you been?
>>
File: salty.gif (276 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
salty.gif
276 KB, 640x360
>>77459872
>>
>>77460286
>Slade was more frightening than Brain because Brain only cared about defeating superheroes.
But, that's exactly why Brain was MORE frightening than Slade. Brain was entirely devoted to victory, and wasn't going to insert his own ego into the equation. Which is why he was a hair's breadth away from victory. You never really got that feeling from Slade, with his constant setbacks and defeats. Slade, in the end, was too arrogant to properly win over his foes, as he had to make it personal. A villain who focuses on such petty wants, can easily be countered and have this ego countered by the hero(es).

Nothing is more horrifying than an evil madman who actually has a change of winning.
>>
>>77460046

It's more annoying that part of why she didn't get a season is that Robin got all that focus while being the least interesting character by a hefty margin.
>>
>Anyone that isn't Brainiac in DC
>Anyone that isn't Joker/Mr. Freeze/Penguin/Scarcrow/Harley/Ivy in Bats
>>
>>77461734

Fucking Based Bishop making all 4 of the Turtles his bitches.
>>
File: Guzzling Gallons of Greed.jpg (900 KB, 1750x1215) Image search: [Google]
Guzzling Gallons of Greed.jpg
900 KB, 1750x1215
That would probably be every villain in LoK.

Including Asami.
>>
>>77459292
The show lost my interest when this guy showed up.
>>
File: alias25-1844bcw.jpg (405 KB, 999x1540) Image search: [Google]
alias25-1844bcw.jpg
405 KB, 999x1540
>>77459292
Purple Man. god like power matched with such juvenile pettiness is brilliant.

He doesn't want to take over the world, he just wants to fuck with People because he can and he's a dick.
>>
>>77459718

Fuckin A.
>>
>>77469218
I genuinely find Bane to be underrated. His original storyline basically made him nemesis material, but since then apart from vry few great runs like Simone's Secret Six he was just reduced to a venom junkie with no deeper morals; the fact that he was capable of matching Bruce intellectually is often forgotten too. Considering Joker, while ok as a villain, is pretty tiresome in New 52 at this point, I'd like him to take the spotlight again.

Man-Bat is very underrated too, especially now that Mr. Freeze became the to-go Gotham mad scientist. His only decent recent appearence was in that cgi Batman cartoon and that was almost a new character anyway.
>>
>>77469277
They're the most popular characters, they can't be underrated.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.