[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Astro-Boy.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Astro-Boy.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
How was this?
>>
>>77456785
Well it had Nick Cage it in
>>
Not good.
Don't watch it.
>>
It was passable until he left the city. And even then it was still stupid with the good energy/bad energy crap.
>>
So-so.

Not great, not horrible, just kind of middling.

Watch it once and then never again.
>>
>>77456947
It was super hard to ignore. Nick Cage was very Nick Cage.
>>
>>77456785
Meh as fuck.
Not atrociously bad, not good.
Just immensely forgettable.

Read Pluto instead or watch the old black and white Astroboy cartoon if you want some Astroboy.
>>
>>77457119
He even looked like Nic Cage.
>>
>>77456785
One of the reasons why Hong kong shouldn't make movies
>>
>>77456785
I enjoyed it but no one else did.
>>
>>77457151
What about the show that was on Kids WB.
I remember that being pretty good.
>>
>>77456785
Why isnt he half naked
>>
>>77456785
I hated it. I honest-to-god hated it, and not in /co/'s "I hate things that aren't immediately 10/10" way.

>That obnoxious Americanization of some characters but not others
>Pushing important characters from the manga to the side for kids with attitude
>That unbelievably ham-fisted political agenda dialogue which has no reason to be in a fucking Astro Boy movie
>"lel butt lasers" joke (yes, AB has always had butt lasers, but that was so fucking obnoxious)
>That waste of voice talent for two lines each
>>
>>77456947

Nick Cage might be the only good thing in the movie, actually. He is surprisingly good at voice work.
>>
>>77456785
Pretty bad. I especially found the designs kind of off-putting. They tried to made cartoon characters real and it lost a lot of the charm.

Also, Pluto wasn't the villain.
>>
>>77456785
Imagi was such a weird company. They got the rights to things you desperately wanted to see movies of, but none of them were good. Hell, the trailer pitch for their Gigantor movie was embarrassing.
>>
The animation company who made it allegedly went into a spiral of shit and went bankrupt after it failed.

That's how bad it is.
>>
>>77459435

>No Pluto
>No Atlas
>Not even Shadow
>I know let's make up a villain and express our political views through his shit dialogue
>>
>>77459570
I'd have taken the artificial sun.
>>
>>77456785
I actually liked it.
I didn't thought murikans would have the balls to kill Tobio, so I was quite impressed.
Also I loved the nod to the old anime opening, when he was digging under a mountain.
>>
Forgettable is the most apt description I have because I literally can't remember anything about it outside of the most vague and basic details.
>>
>>77456785
>>77456785
All I remember about it is that there was LITERALLY, -L I T E R A L L Y- "evil" and "good" energy. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>77459467
They had potential, and I was one of the few people that liked their TMNT movie.
Not to mention Gatchaman looked amazing and their Highlander anime film might be the best Highlander movie there is.
Problem they have is that they entrusted a lot of their property on bad writers and did the Illumination Entertainment way of picking up stuff and outsourcing the fucking out of all their aspects of their flicks to different companies.
I remember there being something about how TMNT suffered said outsourcing in a lot of things which inspired like 9 fucking rewrites for that shit.
And Gatchaman became a mess because of it.
>>
File: pluto_vol1_front.jpg (481 KB, 1157x1660) Image search: [Google]
pluto_vol1_front.jpg
481 KB, 1157x1660
>>77461168
>>77456785
Meh, still alright.
Not as bad as the news that the studio behind Despicable Me is making a fucking movie about PLUTO
>>
>we'll never get a Disney Astro Boy movie
>>
>>77461168
>Bad energy was red
>Bad energy was used by politician who was obsessed with war and and votes, and that's all he ever talked about

GEE I WONDER IF THERE WAS SOME SUBTEXT THERE
BETTER HIT THE DEAD HORSE HARDER TO FIND OUT
>>
>>77461195
>the studio behind Despicable Me is making a fucking movie about PLUTO
WHAT??? How is that even a thing?
>>
>>77461195
that shit's in development hell senpai you don't have to worry
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.