[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any /co/ related people you really admire or look up to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1447426229112.jpg (613 KB, 2203x3106) Image search: [Google]
1447426229112.jpg
613 KB, 2203x3106
Are there any /co/ related people you really admire or look up to?
>>
>>77456310
kinda want to talk to gravity falls guy about conspiracy theories and Alex Jones with him
>>
File: 19871_thumb.gif (31 KB, 315x366) Image search: [Google]
19871_thumb.gif
31 KB, 315x366
oh shit... he looks older than in that Heathcliff DVD

like much older.
>>
I admire Bendis and his tenacity to survive my angry thoughts.
>>
>>77456310
No.
>>
>>77456383
Making those panels is sucking the life out of him.
>>
>>77456310
>i'm literally drawing garbage for a living
>jim davis doesn't even have to draw his own shit
>i don't even like the garbage ape i just draw him because my fans expect me to
>i hope uncle george is proud of me
>>
>>77456531
I only know Garfield and I never even heard of Heathcliff, I assume he's not as famous outside the US. Is it even worse than Garfield?
>>
>>77456745
I guess it's sort of known outside the US.
>>
Lin Visel
Brandon Graham
Evan Dorkin
>>
>>77456870
Seconding this. Especially Graham.
I also want to add Erik Larsen.
>>
File: 30th anniversery Transformers.jpg (793 KB, 1280x937) Image search: [Google]
30th anniversery Transformers.jpg
793 KB, 1280x937
>>77456310

pretty much anyone whose ever worked on Transformers for better or for worse.

though folks like James Roberts, DJW, Bob Forward, Larry DiTillo, Nick Roche, Bob Budiansky and Marty Isenberg are my favs,
>>
Mike Mignola and Stan Sakai. I admire creators that put an emphasis on research behind their product. It shows a true love of the craft.
>>
>>77456980
You might like this video with Paul Pope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Hda2UOJkU
>>
>>77456980
Sakai and Mignola are my favorites as well. There are many who can pull off godlike drawings but those two are probably the best at making comics in my book.
>>
steve blum
>>
File: images.jpg (32 KB, 678x452) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
32 KB, 678x452
This handsome devil is my inspiration.

Had a great band with awesome lyrics and impressive sound.
Studied at NY with James Jean
Has collaborations with great pencilers.
Has never been a bad person to fans or detractors.
He wants to reboot Doom Patrol with Jamie McKelvie and both had the bless from Morrison himself.

And also a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>77457018
Eh he's too much of a Jim Morrison type, if that makes sense. I appreciate the video none the less.

I also didn't mention it in >>77456980 because it's not really /co/ but I think Kaoru Mori is a creator that we should all have on our shelves. I really admire what she does.
>>
David OReilly. Produces very idiosyncratic, funny, personal work without sacrificing his integrity.
>>
>>77456310

>$200 for a original piece(?)

It'll be worth every cent
>>
>>77457855
>you will never commission him to draw a /co/ related Heathcliff comic
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.