[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Adventure Time engineer a unique culture of its own?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_15018-images-1193704398.jpg (16 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15018-images-1193704398.jpg
16 KB, 284x177
Did Adventure Time engineer a unique culture of its own?
>>
>>77454862
You are talking about a culture of autists, right?
>>
Yes

Sad truth, it is probably the most influential show of the past 20 years.
>>
File: 1428691040001.gif (492 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1428691040001.gif
492 KB, 600x338
Stoner humor and fart jokes are hardly anything new.
>>
>>77454947
Pffft hardly. Get put of your internet bubble.
>>
>>77454962
>Adventure Time
>stoner jokes

You're mistaking it for Regular Show. Though stoners ARE part of the audience, AT is more associated with the quirky retro-loving Reddit subculture it had a part in creating.
>>
at the very least it's responsible for the popularity of a certain aesthetic

though a lot of shows people list as "adventure time clones" really don't look all THAT similar or are pretty different in terms of writing.

I think the influence of its style seems to be more on the internet art side of things
>>
>>77454947
You won't see any effects of influence until after the show's over, and later on down the line we get shows at least somewhat inspired by the general feel and look.

It's definitely been CN's most popular show in the past decade or so but that's only because the vast majority of their content has blown ass for a whole decade.
>>
>>77455049
Basically every new CN or Disney show with any quality can be traced to being influenced or inspired by AT. Whether you like the show or not, this is the truth.
>>
File: King Worm.jpg (105 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
King Worm.jpg
105 KB, 848x480
>>77455067
>quirky retro-loving Reddit subculture

Sugar coated post apocalypse is now quirky retro?

Huh, the more you know.

It's still clearly catering to a crowd though.
>>
>>77455113
Oh and this isn't even mentioning all the young DA and Youtube artists who are soon to be animators. Just wait until they start flooding the market.
>>
>>77455137
Yes. The common meme is the "LOL SO RANDUMB" crowd.
>>
>>77455113
Like gay rocks? You know that doesn't count because it's literally made by a former bigwig storyboarder for AT.

Basically everyone in the industry knows each other and gets along well enough, it's a small world. People are still going to have original ideas and designs though.
>>
>>77454947
Maybe 10 years. And that's not even AT, it's definitely Flapjack.
>>
>>77455167
Do I need to define "inspired"?
>>
>>77455188
Honestly, the current era of cartoons was basically brought in by Genndy and Craig McCracken cartoons from the late 90s through the mid 00s.
>>
>>77454947
I would go further. I don't think we've seen a show this inspirational since Mickey Mouse or Felix.
>>
>>77455188
>it's definitely Flapjack.
A show no one remembers and influended no one. Like Mighty Mouse it just shared a plethora of talented storyboarders who went on to make more successful shows.

>>77455107
>You won't see any effects of influence until after the show's over
Ren and Stimpy was influential while it was airing
>>
>>77455188
Flapjack didn't influence anyone, it just shared characteristics with Adventure Time, which would later go on to be a popular influence.
>>
File: sugar_really_did_it.png (115 KB, 244x442) Image search: [Google]
sugar_really_did_it.png
115 KB, 244x442
>>77455137
>Sugar coated post apocalypse is now quirky retro
>>
when did /co/ stop liking AT?
>>
>>77456195
It started around the end of season 3 and it peaked on the comet.
>>
It popularized a culture engineered by indie comix.
>>
I can personally say it got me into indie comics, chiptunes, and retro culture.
>>
>>77454862
No it just appealed to a subculture, mainly the budding tumblr group. As well it managed to grab onto the new cartoon generation, the generation that actually grew up loving cartoons.
>>
Let's see what the target audience of Adventure Time was.
>manchildren
>lore faggots
>ship faggots

Oh look at that, it was basically a breeding ground for future SU retards.
>>
File: adventure-time-crew.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time-crew.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Whatever culture that AT engineered, I don't like it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.