[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you approach reading Amazing Spider-Man #1-700? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: asm700.jpg (342 KB, 1161x846) Image search: [Google]
asm700.jpg
342 KB, 1161x846
How would you approach reading Amazing Spider-Man #1-700?

I find reading it in order kind of daunting.
>>
With your eyes.
>>
>>77454617
As an autistic chore but worthy endeavor
>>
Just read the entirety of Ultimate Spider-Man instead
>>
>>77454617
Well, first of all, good luck. You're going to run into a lot of references to non-ASM comics. I mean, Spidey alone has had like, what, a dozen comics going at once - including spin-offs in the late 80's/early 90's? If you want to just do it all, there is a very well thought-out guide on reddit regarding how to read EVERY Spider-Man comic in chronological order.
>>
File: 30ixph0.gif (4 KB, 473x211) Image search: [Google]
30ixph0.gif
4 KB, 473x211
>>77454617
>I find reading it in order kind of daunting.
Don't do it then.
>>
Stopping after JMD's run
>>
>>77454617
Read Lee/Ditko, then the rest of Lee but manage your expectations for it, and then stop immediately.
>>
>>77454617
Is that supposed to be everyone's who's ever wrote for Spider-man?
>>
>reading Amazing Spider-Man past issue #150
Don't bother, there's no point.

If you want to read a really long comic where there is a point, consider Cerebus the Aardvark. That holds the world record for longest comic book by a single author.
>>
>>77454923
Erik Larsen will beat it one day.

Motherfucker even went back and redid the issue Jim Lee did just so he could keep it unbroken.
>>
>>77454617
I remember pirate bay had a pretty thorough set of every canon Spider-man comic including the team-ups in order. Then it disappeared. I got up to the late 1970s though, and I can already say it's worth it. Peter has a unique career in comics compared to everyone else. He's one of those a-list that always had a book, but didn't go through crazy reinventions like say Superman or Wonder Woman. He always had a low-key life with soap opera elements. And everything from Ditko to Lee to Gerry Conway is pretty good for the time.
>>
>>77454617
Just remember that he has an amazingly long run of good comics until the Clone Saga.
>>
>>77454617
If I wanted to read it all, I would start at 1, move on to 2, then 3, 4, 5 and so on.

How is that even a question?
>>
File: Broken Continuity.jpg (94 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
Broken Continuity.jpg
94 KB, 633x537
Honestly it's not even worth reading the entire run because "One More Day" fucks up the continuity.
>>
>>77455298
And clone saga is beyond anyone's definition of bad. It's also confusing to order and constantly finds ways to keep the story going just when you think it's ending.
>>
>>77455373

Anytime that an arc details his early years fucks with continuity. Comics are one big continuity fuck.
>>
>>77455382
Just read the 2009 remake. Has an easy to follow story and it has an "everybody lives" happy ending that Marvel did'nt bother fucking up even with Spider-Verse. They even called it the real version of the saga
>>
>>77455423
>Comics are one big continuity fuck.
Do you only read Marvel and DC?
>>
>>77454617
I'm at #157 right now, and I read the entirety of Daredevil a couple of years ago. It's possible, but you have to take breaks
>>
File: Mephisto.jpg (14 KB, 357x141) Image search: [Google]
Mephisto.jpg
14 KB, 357x141
One More Day ruins Spiderman's continuity because it changes history so that Pete and MJ never got married.

This essentially erases all of his previous stories when they were married and Quesada's bullshit excuse about all of Spidey's previous stories still being intact, except without the marriage, makes no sense because their marriage played a big part in many of those stories.
>>
>>77455327
>edgy tryhard redditor detected
>opinion discarded
>>
Stop when Ditko leaves.
>>
>>77454617
The time it takes you to read all that you could learn an instrument or another language
>>
>>77455533

Newspaper comics have never been the same since Garfield starved to death.
>>
>>77455681
>Your fun isn't as good as this other fun!
>Except I'm still reading and posting on a board related to that worse fun !
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.