[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm running extremely late, but this was fucked up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: salad-fingers.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
salad-fingers.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
I'm running extremely late, but this was fucked up.
>>
You're awful.
>>
>>77453261

It wasn't that bad. Much of it was weird for the sake of weird.
>>
>>77454155
basically this. pretty good anyway tho
>>
It wasn't really fucked up, just a more passive unsettling level of weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6fQLrueW0
>>
>>77454155
All the conjectures on his imaginary selves being really a metaphor for what truly happened in the war he mentions (his platoon getting crazy and paranoid to the point of killing each other, cannibalizing the dead for food etc.) which makes him basically a mutated veteran with massive PTSD after a nuclear war... that shit's pretty cool. The analyses around the internet add a whole layer to it.
>>
>>77454416
That's really sad.
>>
>>77455977
Yeah it is. I don't remember much 'cause I watched it a long time ago, but many hypotheses I read made a ton of sense and they're all extremely dark.
>>
Spoilsbury Toast Boy was more fucked up. Made me feel pretty uneasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMkSFOd3Kc
>>
It really seemed like people stopped talking about Salad Fingers after episode 4 or 5 came out.

I mean, there's like twice that now, but they never really captured the same strangeness that those first few episodes created.
>>
>>77456085
>Aphex Twin at the end
I totally forgot about that.
>>
>>77456225
The latest one was shit on toast. So much gore. I hope he doesn't make any more of those because he forgot the point.
>>
>>77456225
That happens with a lot of internet stuff. Red vs Blue kept going long after people stopped caring, as did Freeman's Mind, Marble Hornets, Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. Most people only care until the novelty has worn off, leaving only the fans.
>>
>>77456875
>Freeman's Mind
I've been afraid to check up on that since 2011.
>>
>>77457026
It stayed good right up to the end when he finished the game.
>>
>>77457026
The guy who made it is doing this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abrKxAHJ7qU
>>
>>77457103
I actually like the game dungeons more than freeman's mind by now.

All the shitty old pc games he keeps finding to play are great.
>>
>>77454416
>nuclear war
It's world war 1
>>
My guess was that when he said "great war" doesn't really mean THE great war, but it was a long time ago so I could have forgotten.
>>
>>77457744
He speaks like a turn of the century Englishman and makes references to trenches.
>>
I've been following David Firth for many years, I've actually met him once or twice, same with cyriak if you know who that is, we're pretty connected. Either way, dave's been working on a movie for many many years now, I think there's a trailer up on his defunct blog?

Whatever the case expect it (hopefully) next year.
>>
>>77458588

Cyriak is pretty cool too. He was the guy with all the WTF videos that had things like cows, goats, etc morphing into monstrosities, and then reverting back to normal by the end.

Some really neat stuff.

I also remember watching all those animations and stuff by the guy (forget his name) who's site was "rathergood.com" or whatever. He did all those Tales of the Blode episodes and a bunch of other animations in the early 2000s. Don't really know what he is up to these days either.
>>
>>77456875
which is the way it should be
Salad fingers should have ended with episode 8, where fingers is alone in his closet in the middle of nowhere sobbing and whining about his fate
>>
>>77458588
you mean the meadows thing? Is it true that Firth is a hobo now? It would be delicious considering how much he mocked hobos.
>>
I wish I hadn't watched this before I heard the Boards of Canada album. The association is forever there now.
>>
>>77459745
yawn, berry inderesting
>>
>>77459745
Same here
>>
Spoilsbury Toast Boy was better

fite me
>>
>>77456875
>>Red vs Blue
Overrated and became unfunny

>>Freeman's Mind
Became unfunny two episodes into the series.

>>Marble Hornets
Stupid /x/ shit

>>Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged
Became unfunny fairly quick. At least the DBZA guys have a few funny jokes every episode.
>>
File: get a loaf of this guy.png (772 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
get a loaf of this guy.png
772 KB, 1080x1920
>>77460123
You're a real fun guy anon
>>
>>77460123
>Proves point he was trying to argue, but with DBZA
>>
>>77460165
I simply don't have shit taste anon.

Red vs Blue turned into mindless video game jokes that were only funny once in a while.

Freeman's Mind was unfunny as the guy narrating as Freeman was annoying ass cancer.

Marble Hornets was too spooky /x/ shit that anyone with a brain could easily perceive as a too deep for you trope.

YGOA was funny for a while but eventually got stale. Same with DBZA, it has a lot more hits than misses now.

>>77460414
All of the abridged series are shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.