[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9
File: Capture.png (199 KB, 571x743) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
199 KB, 571x743
Help
>>
I liked Felicity when she wasn't an option.

She quickly became worst girl.

Why are they so bad at writing love interests?
>>
Olicity is the main reason I watch Arrow. They make me CARE. Without them, I wouldn't watch.
>>
>>77450797
So these Olicity fans don't care for the other characters? Or Oliver's journey?
>>
>>77451238
Same reason why people watch the Flash
>>
Barriver is the main reason I watch Arrow and the flash. They make me CARE. Without them, I wouldn't watch.
>>
>>77451238
So it's like Wolverine with the X-Men?
>>
>>77451262
For Barry and Iris?
>>
>>77451284
I know at least two people like that, but I mean more "superficial shit that doesn't really make the series"
>>
>>77450797
>IS THIS _______?!
No. It never is.
>>
>killing olicity
Based season four.
>>
File: tumblr_nsgyxsOCmx1u3n365o1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x510) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsgyxsOCmx1u3n365o1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x510
>>77450797
ColdFlash is the main reason I watch Flash (Well, part of the reason).
>>
Eddiris is the main reason I watch the Flash. They make me CARE. Without them, I wouldn't watch.
>>
>meme thread

That clip is from LAST EPISODE, niggas. The bump in their relationship is already over. Calm down.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 620x320
Olira is the OTP, bitches.
>>
>>77451296
There are so many Barry Iris shippers on the Flash twitter page that constantly get mad whenever Iris isn't in a promo or Barry shows interest in anyone else.
>>
>>77451338
People can be so fucking stupid
>>
>>77451305
>ColdFlash

you mean Larry
>>
File: nyssara.jpg (63 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
nyssara.jpg
63 KB, 500x358
>>77451337

wrong
>>
>>77450810
Let's be honest, she was always an option. The fun about her character, however, was when it was "obvious she wouldn't win" so she was kind of endearing, not being in the spotlight. It's like when Korrasami was a fun idea, but then it became a reality and it was irredeemably annoying to anyone that wasn't /u/.
>>77451320
It's not about the clip, it's the comment.
>>
File: tumblr_nxrixcLS5p1rxmt12o1_1280.jpg (401 KB, 1280x1572) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxrixcLS5p1rxmt12o1_1280.jpg
401 KB, 1280x1572
>>77451349
Even better!
>>
See, the main reason I watch Arrow is to see DC comics superheroes in conflict with DC comics supervillains in a live action setting. Maybe I'm watching it for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>77451435
Especially given that it's done lacking
>>
>>77450797
CW show has CW viewers, who knew.
>>
We're getting the Rogues all together in a few weeks! That's all that matters! The Flash midseason finale is going to be crazy!
>>
>>77451370
I just don't understand why they're so bad at romance drama.

I just want a love interest bring out the best when they're together not bore them with their drama.
>>
The only relationship stuff I like to see on DC CW shows are family stuff or friendship stuff. They rarely get romance on point. I only really liked Thea and Roy. Cisco and Lisa have a cute thing going on too.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 480x320
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 682x1024
>>77451612
>>
>>77451545
>We're getting the Rogues all together in a few weeks! That's all that matters! The Flash midseason finale is going to be crazy!

The way they did the Rogues is one of the most missed opportunities of the Flash
>>
>>77451622
It's taken a while! But I think the wait will be worth it with the midseason finale! I've loved how they handled Captain Cold throughout. You are right, though! I wish we'd gotten them all together sooner.
>>
>>77451619
yeah because every Iris/Linda interaction wasn't equally terrible

>let's do crossfit!
>yeah gurllllll
>>
>>77451645
It was a way more enoyable type of cringe. On Arrow it just dragged.
>>
>>77451642
>You are right, though! I wish we'd gotten them all together sooner.

Actually the opposite.
They got them together too soon, from the very start by having Cold and Heatwave team up.
They should have been single episode villains who gravitated toward each other.
>>
>>77451663
ranking which shit smells the best is a futile endeavor
>>
>>77451645
Who cares about the iris and Linda interaction zoom was the best part of episode.
>>
>>77451674
because Zoom was on screen for 5 minutes and the episodes are 45 minutes long?

honestly the show would be better in a half hour time slot
>>
>>77451619
Why do Flash-only fans insist on shitting on Arrow? Pretty much everyone who watches Arrow is watching Flash and they know when there's shitty drama like the last episode. Before that was fine
>>
>>77451663
Notice the arrow episode was promoted as a Sara and Ray episode while they got little screentime.
>>
>>77451563
Go watch Izombie. Liv and Major are a way better relationship.
>>
>>77451664
To be fair, Heat Wave's first apperance in the Silver Age was a team up with Captain Cold. Those two were a tag-team long before the Rogues fully formed. Plus, they have established history in the show. The rest of the Rogues besides Mick and Lisa have that. Trickster and Weather Wizard weren't aquainted before the end of Season one. Snart still hasn't met Trickster and whatnot.
>>
>>77451709
Rob Thomas better writer.
>>
>>77451695
I watch both and think that they're equally shit
>>
>>77451645
At least in that case it was terrible in a laugh out loud way rather than a frustrating one
>>
>>77451709
iZombie > Gotham >>>> Flash >> Arrow
>>
>>77451739
no it's just terrible
>>
>>77450797
>I wouldnt watch
Good, that is not the fanbase they need
>>
>>77450797
c'mon Tom
>>
>>77450810
>Why are they so bad at writing love interests?
I think it's because once a character is a love interest, anything interesting about them is sucked away into a void.

Laurel and Iris were shit characters until they stopped being love interests, while Felicity became shit the moment she was one in season 3.

Only Patty seems to be the exception so far, but she needs more scenes without Barry.
>>
>>77451739
I fucking hate this excuse. Are you going to tell me that
>does that include twerking
was terrible in a laugh out loud way as well now?
>>
>>77451785
>I think it's because once a character is a love interest, anything interesting about them is sucked away into a void.

Nah, I think it's the shit showrunners
>>
>>77451709
This.

I actually root for them. He learned what made Duncan and Piz so boring and uninteresting in Veronica Mars and improved them with Major.

Felicity needs to end up in a box.
>>
>>77451770
It is absolutely the fanbase they're looking for though.
>>
>>77451809
yeah that's the main cause but what i said still stands about the writing
>>
>>77451785
Patty is boring as shit and her scenes are filler, they've done a terrible job connecting her to the plot in any sort of meaningful way.

she's just there to make crappy pop culture references and take up screentime
>>
>>77451812
>I actually root for them
That's the key. You need to root for people to be together.
Arrow and Flash don't get that because they make it so easy for people to get together, or so blandly obvious.
>>
>>77451695
I used to watch Arrow, and started watching Flash when it started up. The difference in quality is night and day. I flat out stopped watching Arrow because it just got really bad and I just couldn't be assed to put in the effort of downloading the new episode each week. I don't really shit on Arrow, but it's just not really very good anymore. It got to the point where the flashbacks were better than the main storyline because Past Ollie didn't give a shit about whiny women and their relationship problems.
>>
>>77451862
>The difference in quality is night and day
More like night and dawn.
>>
>>77451785
Because they suck.

It really shouldn't.

We should be able to see why the main character loves them. Why they need them. They need to be a fucking person.

Major has agency outside of Liv.

>>77451812
I'm still a bit worried LivBlaine might happen like VeronicaLogan 2.0.
>>
>>77451878
>Major has agency outside of Liv.
He's pretty much taken over as the only one doing anything with the main plot.
>>
>>77451832
They already set up that Weather Wizard killed her dad. And Weather Wizard is going to be among the Rogues coming together in the midseason finale, so....
>>
>>77451878
To be fair Logan didn't murder. He just bullied, harassed, destroyed her property and indirectly got her date raped.
>>
>>77451898
does that eliminate the fuck all she's done in the last what, 5 episodes?
>>
>>77451918
He indirectly got her raped by Cassidy and gave her chlamydia too.
>>
>>77451944
Nope. Just saying they might FINALLY actually do something with her!
>>
>>77450797
JUST
>>
>>77451993
Fuck my show up
>>
>>77451964
They mentioned that rape already. Unless they mean the drugged out sex V had with Duncan after Cassidy raped her.

LoganVeronica was such a fucked up ship when I look back on it.

Still thought it was a great ship.

But it does make me nervous for MajorLiv.
>>
>>77451347
It can get really ridiculous.
>>
>>77452029
>But it does make me nervous for MajorLiv.
Either they end up happy or Major dies in a blaze of glory.
Nothing else.
>>
Isn't Veronica Mars actually part of the Izombie universe? Love to see Mars and Liv in a ep together.
>>
>>77452104
Nope, but Rob Thomas wrote a book and one of the characters shows up in an episode of the first season.

And that sounds awful.
>>
>>77452104
There are a few references and Easter eggs. Neptune and Hearst exist in IZombie.

Nothing official.
>>
Veronica is way too big a bitch for Liv to deal with.
>>
>>77450797
>Is this the end of Olicity?
Thought this was another Super hero shoe, not some soap opera day drama.
>>
>>77451337
sara is legitimately the only one i felt like oliver had chemistry with. it's like he finally met his match - someone with just as fucked up of a backstory as him! but if it were up to me i would eliminate every relationship and make everybody just friends because things are way better that way
>>
>>77451645
Crossfit. Not even once.
>>
>>77451305
That is a BIG ass hood !!
>>
>>77451645
Because we know that if they do Crossfit they will go from Central City to Snap City and leave the show
>>
>>77451770

No, but it is the fanbase that's watching. Let's be honest.
>>
>>77450797
>216 likes

Jesus Christ the general populace are fucking idiots
>>
File: 1445352028640.png (3 MB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1445352028640.png
3 MB, 1259x947
>>77450797
>2015
>women's opinions
>ever
>>
>>77456843
Get lost you dirty MRA redpill.
>>
>>77450797

Before I watched the show I thought this olicity stuff was just being over blown by /co/. Then my brother streamed the show and it started to so annoying hearing her whine about oliver
>>
File: Hank Hill stars in 'Your Post'.jpg (14 KB, 261x200) Image search: [Google]
Hank Hill stars in 'Your Post'.jpg
14 KB, 261x200
>>77456917
"MRA" does not equate to misogyny
>>
Was anyone else completely blind to the Ollie Felicity romance thing when it was apparently happening? She was always this quirky nervous girl who had a thing for Ollie but I never saw anything from his side but amusement. Then suddenly out of nowhere he is in love with her and apparently the fan girls online had been wanting it from the start.
>>
>>77457004

Sure, let me know when MRA in anyway contributes to making a man's life better and addresses issues men face, then I'll give you the bone.
>>
>>77451751
I completely agree with you!

...This is Bizarro-/co/, right?
>>
>>77457027
There was a massive disconnect. And it is made worse by the moment in season 2 when he pretends to love her for his plan to work.

Then out of know where he is all - hey, want to go for dinner and shit?
>>
>>77452697
Hahaha, you thought this show wasn't soapshit from Day 1.
>>
>>77458482
Nope, it's completely correct
>>
>>77452697
Season 1 was top heavy soap opera. No one cared about Laurel or Tommy. Season 2 properly redressed the balance but it still has a lot of soap opera to pad it out.

The main issue with the drama is that it feels so artificial and forced as opposed to being a natural part of the narrative so you end up with stupid "asides" where people whine and argue.
>>
>>77457027
You either see it or you don't, really.
Most amusing was in S2 when Oliver pulled the "I love you" ruse. My friend pointed out that Ollie had literally been planning on getting a place with Sara that very same episode.
Hell, Stephen seemed to have been legitimately bored and annoyed with Olishit up until the start of last year when the show got really hamhanded with it. Then he just got very quiet on the subject...
>>
>>77451751
iZombie=Flash>>Arrow>>>Gotham
>>
>>77458639
>Gotham
>worse than arrow and flash
Wrong
>>
>>77451645
that scene was like 2 or 3 minutes out of 40
it was lame
but it didn't ruin the episode in any way
>>
>>77458617
>S2 when Oliver pulled the "I love you" ruse
>>77458526
>made worse by the moment in season 2
Season 2 was really great and that "I love you" ruse was brilliant. It gave her some kinda closure because I think she realised they would never be together and then Slade was defeated.

I think the whole Olicity thing is just part and parcel with how bad Season 3 was. It was aimless and meandering.

From Sara's death to Ray's introduction and then Ras... Ras was thoroughly disappointing. The League of Assasins just seemed silly, "highly trained assasins" became henchmen of the week that anyone could easily kill.

Olicity played into that because it was another meandering plot point to force Ollie/Ray to fight over something more than Queen Industries.

The overarching plot in Season 3 was made worse by some of the worst flashbacks we have had.

Olicity is simple a product of the bad writing of season 3 that has compounded and evolved. It is too cemented in the show at this point.

Part of me kinda hopes that Felicity will die but I think Diggle or Lance are far more likely...
>>
>>77458587
Tommy :'(
>>
>>77451612
>>77451619

Is it weird that I'm totally okay with Felicity's mom? Like she brings the voice of the normie ditzy woman to the whole thing. She exist. She's real. The whole world could be coming down and all she cares about is hot rich guys. I mean that's... very raw.
>>
>>77451664
>>77451718

Yeah I want to see it be Cold, Trickster, Heat-Wave, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master... looking for ward the most to MM. Maybe he's the final piece and kind of kicks them all off to join forces?
>>
>>77451832

She's the hot girl at work. That's all there really even needs to be. She doesn't need to be an Amazon from New Genesis or something, just being the hot rebound girl from work is good enough in my boat.

Barry needs to get laid.
>>
>>77457225
It is making my life better by making you and SJW like you mad.
>>
>>77450797
Why?!
>>
>>77451337
Olira is only good when it refers to Oliver/Moira
>>
>>77451284
>>77451262
I fucking hate Iris, she's terrible. She made all the other characters worse too. I like Flash but towards the end of the season it started sucking because of her. I think the worst moment was when they first brought her in, and she has to talk Barry into fighting or some stupid shit.
>Barry, listen to my voice! You can do this, I believe in you!
and then later
>Oh Iris thank you for believing in me, hearing you talk to me gave me the strength and courage to succeed!
that type of shit is what kills shows
>>
>that's my jess
>always so quick
>you're my joy jesse quick
FORESHADOWING

Also, using this as a watchthread since I miss watching with you guys

Patty did all that hard work and got shut down

She also called Joe "your dad" when she spoke to Barry which is adorable as fuck.
>>
>>77451238
That's how shippers are, they just care about their pairing of choice making kissy faces at each other and having the cliche happily ever after ending by the time the story ends.

They just care about the ship, not about the characters as individuals but both characters together in a romantic relationship.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.