[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>intros used to be 60 seconds long >then they were shortened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: shrek1.jpg (36 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
shrek1.jpg
36 KB, 353x334
>intros used to be 60 seconds long
>then they were shortened to 30 seconds
>now shows either have a 10 seconds long intro or no intro at all
>>
good
>>
>>77449918
good. intros longer than twenty seconds should be limited to the very first episode.
>>
>>77449918
Some shows are now in stream services like netflix. It would be pointless to have the same 60 seconds over and over again in every episode.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN22qZp2Szk
>>
doesnt that leave you with more content in the episode

im pretty sure cutting the intro down to get more episode in is significantly better than making the intro super long to try and fill time
>>
>>77450356
>doesnt that leave you with more content in the episode
shorter intro = more time for commercials
>>
>>77449962
Netflix doesn't mind, auto play will automatically start playing the next episode right after the opening anyway.
>>
>>77449918
Hail Satan
>>
>>77450356

You know they do that so they can add more commercials right? Execs could not give three shits about what they air. Anything with quality is usually an accident.
>>
>>77449939
>>77449947

How's sucking that executive Jewish cock doing for you?
>>
>>77449918
What sucks is that ending themes aren't really a thing. AT has a great one along with a nice and relaxing animation, but few people will see it.
The worst American cartoon outro has got to be from Baby Blues.
>>
>>77450423
>The worst American cartoon outro has got to be from Baby Blues.
Holy shit...you weren't kidding.
>>
>>77450416
If anything da jooz would want longer intro because they use up air time without costing money.
>>
best part about animu is the long-ass intros

worst part is when they change the song and i stop watching the show.
>>
>>77450612
The have to change the song, most anime openings are just giant commercial for the song, now available as the A side on a Single CD.
>>
>>77450594

Less intros means more commercials and more commercials means more money. This is what Nick is currently doing. They even speed up old Spongebob episodes, their supposed moneymaker just so they can have more commercials.
>>
>>77450685
Last time I remember Recess coming on TV, they didn't technically speed it up, but they digitally removed the pauses between dialogue to make it go faster. Watching it was fucking weird, everything was moving super fast.
>>
>>77450416
look at the alternative with anime. Every episode starts with this two and a half minute j-pop music video (even longer if it has recaps, fucking one piece). Also ends with one too.
>>
>>77450840
that shits rad

>get catchy music on top of a based show

whats not to like?
>>
That's because commercial breaks used to be 10 minutes out of an hour, then they were 12, now they're nearly 15.
>>
>>77451386
capitalism a shit
>>
OBJECTION
The song is shit but it's 40 seconds long.
>>
>>77450612
>first 6 episodes
>"this op is great, so catchy"
>rest of the season
>"might as well take a shit right now"
>>
>>77450840
What's wrong with that? A lot of OPs and EDs kick ass, and it's not like you have to sit through them if you don't. And a half-hour block of anime is usually 24 minutes of actual show, so the body of the episode isn't any shorter than a 22-minute episode of American TV.
>>
>>77450840
They're just a minute and a half. They're also pretty nice, like a hype man.
>>
File: 1366493502850.png (60 KB, 409x651) Image search: [Google]
1366493502850.png
60 KB, 409x651
>intro is over 2 minutes long
>>
Kids these days have dispersive minds. Long intros, like >>77449947 pointed out, should be limited to the first episode. Because no one wants to watch 60 seconds long intros every time you watch a new episode.
Also, this >>77449962.
>>
I think it depends on how long the show is.
If it's 11 minutes then I sure as hell donot want a long ass intro song, I want my episode. But if it's 22/46min then I guess as long as it is good, I won't mind the intro.
>>
>>77455464
>Because no one wants to watch 60 seconds long intros every time you watch a new episode.
its like you've never heard a catchy theme song where you know the lyrics by heart.

And this is coming from someone who binge watched 2003 ninja turtles without skipping the theme song
>>
It's so they can air more commercials.
>>
All programs on TV are just ways to lure people in to watch commercials. Execs don't care if people like or dislike the show as long as they see the ads. Shows are canceled because people stop watching them, which means they aren't watching the commercials.
>>
>Long intros are good because of anime.

Give it a rest weebs. I love anime too, but it's best when you download it in a batch where the OP and ED are taken out of the episodes and are their own seperate file.
>>
>>77450356

Nope, the reality is that it makes more time for commercials, same reason so many cartoons aren't half an hour anymore.
>>
>>77450840
The only time American cartoons did this was in the '80s. I miss those kinds of intros.
>>
>>77450376
Bullshit.

Long intro = excuse to play ads before the episode actually starts.
>>
https://youtu.be/eMKBQ3uu1Tc
>>
>>77450423
Ending themes are still a thing, basically all the current shows have one to my knowledge.

The problem is that they shove the credits into a tiny window in the corner while they play advertisements over any nice theme they may have had.

AT does has a top tier one though, especially with how jarring it is when they end on something heavy or disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-Drla_Ke0
>>
>>77450534
link? I'm morbidly curious and google isn't turning anything up
>>
>>77458935
SU also does it well. Even when CN just mutes it and puts it in a corner of the screen they often change the music and currently it has a different BG
>>
>>77459159

Theirs is actually another good example, especially since they keep adding to the lyrics over time to reveal more about the context.

Or just playing ominous static when shit's getting real.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY
>>
>>77459071
It's awful music interrupted by the children each taking a turn to giggle. I can't find it either. Maybe look up a full episode and skip to the end.
>>
>>77450840
>>77451365
Better than whatever monotonous electronic drag used like Regular Show, especially when it's rock music...
>>
>>77449947
Only someone who watches nothing but recent Western cartoons could think this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXph0arElKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbksWvNv-fU
>>
>>77463600
The JL OP sucks though. Even as a kid, I found it ugly and tedious.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.