[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was so cringey. What happened to the days that comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
This movie was so cringey. What happened to the days that comic book movies could be fun but also take themselves seriously? The Crow comes to mind, polar opposite of this fluff
>>
Hahahaha OK
>>
>>77442420
no it was cool
>>
>>77442420
look at this nigga right here hahaha
>>
File: ant-man.jpg (108 KB, 439x640) Image search: [Google]
ant-man.jpg
108 KB, 439x640
>>77442420
>This movie was so cringey.

I'm guessing this phrase is like a /tv/ meme.

>What happened to the days that comic book movies could be fun but also take themselves seriously?

So this is a big clue you haven't actually seen the movie.

>The Crow comes to mind, polar opposite of this fluff

And now you've mentioned a really dated reference from an especially grim film, meant to be infuriating, another sign of bait.
>>
My husband insisted we bring our boys (under age 10) to this movie, because “It’s Marvel… how bad can it be?” (even though I warned him of comments made on this site). This movie had WAY more language than one would expect from a movie of this type. It glorified theft and lies, as well, and the women were dressed in tight-fitting, low-cut clothes. From an adult perspective, this movie was hilarious, but my husband and I were able to poke holes in a lot of the theories behind the science. It’s Hollywood after all. *shrugs*

This was an ok movie, but it’s not at all what I’d expect from Marvel.
>>
>>77442420
>What happened to the days that comic book movies could be fun but also take themselves seriously?
Pretty sure that is this movie.
>>
>>77442420
But that's exactly what this movie was like. They didn't mock the concept like the trailers suggested it would; it played everything completely straight and was very sincere.
>>
>>77442564
Go back to your blog.
>>
>>77442564
>My husband insisted we bring our boys (under age 10) to this movie, because “It’s Marvel… how bad can it be?”
>(even though I warned him of comments made on this site).

I'd have thought a gay couple would be more desensitized after having been on 4chan.
>>
>>77442420
Millennials + junk food mentality
>>
>>77442541
The Crow had funny moments that weren't fucking romcom bullshit, villains that made you feel some kind of way and guess what....they didn't even need super powers, and a story you could connect with with support characters who were actually relevant

Fuck Ant-Man
>>
>>77442762
>The Crow had funny moments that weren't fucking romcom bullshit, villains that made you feel some kind of way and guess what....they didn't even need super powers, and a story you could connect with with support characters who were actually relevant

Okay, so you really like the Crow, a movie from over 20 years ago.

>Fuck Ant-Man

Okay.
>>
>>77442420
>What happened to the days that comic book movies could be fun but also take themselves seriously
>Oh, and I didn't bother to actually watch the movie
>>
>>77442420
This is really just a matter of your personal opinion
>>
>>77442954
>>Oh, and I didn't bother to actually watch the movie
I've watched it at least ten times
>>
>>77443077
and you still say that it's not fun and dosent take itself seriously? That it's cringe? That's okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinons.
>>
File: Into the water.jpg (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
Into the water.jpg
42 KB, 500x501
>>77442420
>>
>>77443535
Damage control
>>77443126
>and you still say that it's not fun and dosent take itself seriously?

How can you say it takes itself seriously at all...there is not a single genuine dramatic moment in it, it's all fluff
>>
>>77442901
If all you had to say was okay what was the point of copying everything in greentext
>>
>>77444411
>Damage control

I'm looking forward to it, it's great concept for a show.

>How can you say it takes itself seriously at all...there is not a single genuine dramatic moment in it, it's all fluff

Pym recounting the death of his wife was tragic. Douglas brought his A game.

Darren Cross talking about how he planned to kill Pym in his home, but stayed his hand after his heart-to-heart with Pym was tragic.

Scott choosing to go subatomic, knowing it would kill him to save his daughter was heart-wrenching as he descended into the microverse, losing his mind.
>>
>>77444812
>was heart-wrenching
>anything from this film

Ok...this is how I know I'm too old for 4chan now. I give up, you 16-20 year olds win...clearly the idea that a comic movie can be serious, heartfelt, and good while not being a comedy has been lost on this new generation
>>
>>77442420
Bait-O-Meter: 4 out of 10

You totally gave yourself away referencing The Crow there, sparky. That was just lazy.
>>
>>77445244
Okay fine, fuck off
>>
File: Top_Dollar1.jpg (96 KB, 1215x657) Image search: [Google]
Top_Dollar1.jpg
96 KB, 1215x657
>>77445337
You think The Crow sucks? I'm not baiting when I say that means you have shit taste

This man was scarier than a guy who had a fucking robot suit and modern day CG at their disposal

>>77445365
Fine, fuck you
>>
Overall I liked the movie, it was fun.

The only stuff I couldn't stand were Luis and all of the Avengers/TV show tie-in crap (which I think Wright was against too if I'm remembering right). Didn't ruin the movie for me or anything, but it was enough for me to skip those scenes on the second viewing.
>>
>>77446865
>The only stuff I couldn't stand were Luis

THANK YOU
>>
>>77442420
>The Crow comes to mind, polar opposite of this fluff
So, do you have piercings, or gauges?
>>
>>77442564
>but my husband and I were able to poke holes in a lot of the theories behind the science
why does this matter to people
i am an actual working scientist and i do not give a shit if movie science is accurate
>>
>>77442564
Tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1440537895771.jpg (9 KB, 112x115) Image search: [Google]
1440537895771.jpg
9 KB, 112x115
>>77442420
I have no idea how you didn't like this movie.
Thus far its the best Superhero movie to date, for me.
>>
This was a B-movie heist film. You might as well complain about the lack of serious stakes in The Score or The Italian Job. Heist movies are usually light, fun fluff, even outside of MUH MCU JOKES ABLOO BLOO.
>>
>>77443077
>I've watched it at least ten times

And yet here you are complaining about it.
>>
>>77446865
>which I think Wright was against too if I'm remembering right
when have there been specific comments made about the whole situation?
i'm not doubting you, i am asking a sincere question
>>
>>77442564
>poke holes in the science

I'm working out the math behind it, it still has some problems but I've covered the common complains like weight. Ask away

Then again, you sound like someone who would explode watching The Flash
>>
>>77445244
did you miss the entire father daughter theme of the movie?
>>
File: batman to mock you.jpg (199 KB, 1219x1134) Image search: [Google]
batman to mock you.jpg
199 KB, 1219x1134
>>77444692
>If all you had to say was okay what was the point of copying everything in greentext
>>
>>77449601
Explain
>>
>>77445576
>This man was scarier than a guy who had a fucking robot suit and modern day CG at their disposal

The villain in an R-Rated film released 20 years ago was scarier than the villain in a PG-13 film about Ant-Man.

What an astute observation.
>>
>>77449649
>>77449601

Nothing about shrinking works, Pym Particles are simply a way of labeling the suspension-of-disbelief.

The trauma to the body would lethal, the lack of air molecules would be lethal, the weight/mass issues would be lethal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkvo-DrU2gM

Paul Rudd did a video with an obnoxious guy, but he explains the science.
>>
>>77446865
Wright left over the Peggy Carter scene, which starred young Pym kicking ass. Wright a shit
>>
>>77449649
ok. Pym particles couple with leptons. They give mass to electrons which then decreases the Bohr radius, giving electrons the mass of Muons (or turning them into them) makes an atom 1/200th the size. Tau is even smaller.

Now, to fix the weight thing, the pym particles decouple mass from the gravitational field, so he still has inertia and strength of a full sized person (actually greater, like the comics say) but he weighs less.

like I said, I'm getting the math together but this is the idea. I'm trying to incorporate the subatomic part too by giving another property to the uncertainty prinicple using quantum tunneling
>>
>>77442420
I can't watch The Crow because Brandon Lee died making it. Instead of recasting and starting over, if not canning it, they used a body double. That's tasteless.
>>
>>77449839
It was his stunt double.
And the movie was mostly done.

It would have been tasteless to recast
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.