[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to say that Nick doesn't know who they want their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Bold and Brash.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bold and Brash.png
244 KB, 500x375
Is it safe to say that Nick doesn't know who they want their target audience to be?
With the multitude of carbon-copy teen sitcoms, questionable television movies, production of a few shows that severely range in quality and content, and the recent commotion going on about them trying to reboot old shows, it feels like they're trying to reel in specific groups but don't know where to start.
Is this what they get for letting a sponge dictate them for well over a decade? Or am I just talking out of my ass?
>>
You are 100% correct. Nick has little direction.
>>
>>77442166
More like "belongs in the trash"
>>
Yes you're right. They're also probably still reeling from not greenlighting Adventure Time and Phineas and Ferb. All that lost income and viewership.
>>
Pig Goat Banana Cricket is the best thing they've made in years. Not saying much, but yeah. Way better than whatever new Spongebob is.
>>
Eh. They have shows for dumb kids and shows for smart kids.

Nothing wrong with a little nostalgia viewing if you wanna watch Spongebob as an adult, but don't delude yourself. It's all for kids.
>>
They coasted on the sponge for far too long, and nobody knows what the fuck to do anymore.
>>
File: 6233.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
6233.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>77442659
>"if it's for kids, that means it's low quality and you should feel bad for watching it"
>>
>>77443641
No, of course not. In fact, I literally said there was nothing wrong it.
I don't really know how it's possible to even be as wrong as you just were.
>>
>>77443697
You said there's nothing wrong with "nostalgia viewing", and then proceeded to tell people not to delude themselves, that "it's for kids".

That's a pretty textbook case of shit-talking something because of its intended audience.
>>
>>77442166
Dan Schneider took over. The only live action thing Nick should have been allowed to ever do was The Tomorrow People, and that should have been the end of it.

Fuck pedo foot fetishists
>>
>>77443906
Just because it's for kids, though, doesn't mean I'm shit-talking it.
Are you bullied often? If you want to talk about textbook, you seem rather defensive in response to a pretty damn innocent observation.

Spongebob is for kids. Know what else is for kids? Froot Loops. Harry Potter. Lego. All of these things can be enjoyed by adults. All I'm saying is let's not pretend that they're MADE for adults.

Like, you can use a toothbrush to clean hard-to-reach areas in your bathroom or kitchen. Nothing wrong with that, at all. In fact, it works fucking perfectly. But don't delude yourself into thinking that's what a toothbrush is made for.

I watched the Spongebob movie four months ago when I went back to my hometown for a friend's wedding. We had beers and we watched a few movies, and that was one of them. We had fun. It was great, I loved it. It's still a kid's movie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.