[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“Legends of Today” — (8:00-9:01:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
“Legends of Today” — (8:00-9:01:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH “ARROW” — In its second major crossover event with “Arrow,” Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) arrives in Central City and sets his sights on Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée). After Vandal attacks Kendra and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), they turn to Barry (Grant Gustin) for help. Realizing how dangerous Vandal is, Barry takes Kendra to Star City and asks Oliver and team to hide her until he can figure out how to stop Vandal. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when a man with wings AKA Hawkman (guest star Falk Hentschel) shows up and flies off with Kendra. Meanwhile, Harrison (Tom Cavanagh) develops a serum to make Barry run faster and asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#208). Original airdate 12/1/2015.

So, what E-2 Wells just made, it's obviously the Speed Formula right?
>>
>>77431780
>So, what E-2 Wells just made, it's obviously the Speed Formula right?
It would kinda suck if the Speed Formula was a serum and not a mathematical formula used as a mantra to tap into the Speed Force
>>
Don't do it Barry, roids are bad.
>>
>>77431780
>asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out
At least Jay will be able to go fast again
>>
>>77431780
Why is there lightning coming off of Ollie?
>>
>>77432000
Ollie is Zoom.
>>
>>77431780
Why is science just a meme in this show?
>>
>>77432053
>Why is science just a meme in this superhero show based off of a comic book?
>>
>>77431780
>So, what E-2 Wells just made, it's obviously the Speed Formula right?
Considering his daughter's name is "Jesse Quick?"

Yes. Yes, that's what he made.
>>
File: speedforce.jpg (38 KB, 589x399) Image search: [Google]
speedforce.jpg
38 KB, 589x399
>>77432053
What part of "It's Speedforce. I ain't gotta explain shit." you don't understand?
>>
>>77432053
Because the very concept of The Flash is scientifically impossible.
>>
File: Speedforce.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Speedforce.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>77432053
>>
>>77432053
>Why isn't a show with a man who can literally run back in time more scientifically accurate??
>>
>>77432115
it kind of saddens me we'll never get to see Barry make pants out of Goes Fast though.
>>
>>77432201
We're getting the ring eventually, that's enough for me.
>>
>>77432201
Don't lose hope yet, anon. Maybe Barry will be able to make pants of Goes Fast after he relearns to walk.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1707
>>77432053
Well, yeah I get that its speedforce and everything, but how the hell do you account for e following:
>Criminal has a gold gun
>does't sell that gold
>still robs people
>character can run faster than sound
>still BTFO by asian chick who shoots light
>Gets ass-whipped by a snarky dude with a cold gun who wears fur
>Can memorize information at a very fast rate but still can't think his way out of situations
>Smartest man ever
>gives monologues every fucking time
>m-muh Iris! I love you!
>3 episodes later
>m-muh Patty! I love you!
>We're just friends, Iris.
>ape and old dude on fire
>Crisco! tell me where he's hiding!
>Oh, if I gobble the gooble and gibble the jibble, then I know!
>presses enter key
>*all systems have been hacked*
>flexes fingers
>Your new name is Codeman

This is pure idiocy.
>>
>>77432432
Just like the comics!
>>
>>77432432
>Another person on /co/ who still doesn't understand that Barry HAS to job 90% of the time for anything to make sense

Unless the Flash is fighting against cosmic-level entities and other speedsters, he has to job. It's as simple as that. It's how it works in the comics, and it's how it has to work in the show with more than like one season.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (25 KB, 638x465) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
25 KB, 638x465
>>77432432
here you go
>>
File: Eobard watching a movie in 5D.webm (3 MB, 1100x620) Image search: [Google]
Eobard watching a movie in 5D.webm
3 MB, 1100x620
>>77431780
Anyone else tired of Wells?

I've realized I only really liked him in the first season because he was actually Thawne.
>>
>>77432600
Is that time versus stakes graph or stakes versus time graph?
>>
>>77432651
I'd assume time on the x and some generic "magnitude" on the y.
>>
>>77432611
Nope. He's great. No-bullshit characters dealing with the main cast of total-bullshit behavior is my favorite trope of all.
>>
>>77432712
yes
>>
>>77432728
I don't understand why he felt the need to hide that Zoom fucked him over and did something to his daughter. He was just mad because he got fucked over and wanted to get revenge so he tried using Barry. What a shitter.
>>
>>77432790
He probably asked zoom to keep her as bait
>>
>>77432432
>its not an actual gold gun, but like a fools gold gun
>light travels much faster than Barry normally runs so once a light beam has been shot then it hits whatever she's aiming at near instantly
>he bests cold when he's focused but be fucks up by letting his guard down a lot and gets surprised often
> memorizing stuff fast doesn't equal thinking as fast. You can speed read enter pages every second with some practice but thinking that fast is a much harder proposition
>assuming you're talking about Wells, he's a super cocky bastard and had no chance of losing anyways until Eddie sudokud himself
>lots of time had passed for Barry to get over that and Iris had decided for Eddie in the end anyways only to get heartbroken which also takes time
I dunno what you're even referencing in the rest of that but a lot of the stuff does have an explanation.
>>
File: The fuck?.jpg (38 KB, 638x465) Image search: [Google]
The fuck?.jpg
38 KB, 638x465
>>77432600
>>
>>77432881
I sneezed
>>
>>77432432
Freezing shit with the cold gun is a secondary effect, the main effect is reducing movement to zero of everything that is near the ray. Is like you didn't even read the comic.
>>
>>77432432
It's not real gold. And the score is only part of the reason the Rogues do what they do. They pull of heists because they like that lifestyle. They have fun. Also Cold's gun emits a cold field that slows Barry down, but not the user.
>>
>>77432611
I'm okay for not but hes starting to grate on me. Hopefully he won't sick around much longer.
It particularly got to me when his lines basically had him look at the audience and say "Zoom is faster and stronger than Reverse Flash. Zoom is Barry's true greatest villain now."
>>
>>77432881
>The Flash show
>No time travel shenanigans
X axis is time, retard.
>>
Legends of Yesterday

>PART TWO OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH "THE FLASH" — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) take Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée) and Carter Hall (guest star Falk Henstchel) to a remote location to keep them hidden from Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) while they figure out how to defeat him. Malcolm (John Barrowman) arranges a meeting between Vandal, Green Arrow and The Flash that doesn’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) work with Team Flash to come up with a weapon powerful enough to destroy Vandal Savage.
>>
>>77432432
>Crisco! tell me where he's hiding!
>Oh, if I gobble the gooble and gibble the jibble, then I know!
>presses enter key
>*all systems have been hacked*
>flexes fingers
>Your new name is Codeman
The team is there because they take the place of Barry's inner monologue when fighting super villains in the comic. Thinking out loud isn't exactly something that can be casually thrown in in live action, (Heck you probably realized from those beginning and ending monologue Barry has, now imagine him having monologues for EVERY SINGLE THING like in combat or shit like that) You know the scene where Cisco tells Wells that Barry's gonna throw lightning? Imagine how even awkward and forced that scene would be if it was replaced by a close up of Barry's face musing and a monologue of him on the background saying "I'm gonna use that technique Jay taught me"
>m-muh Iris! I love you!
>3 episodes later
>m-muh Patty! I love you!
Didn't he already get over Iris during the Season One Finale? Which was months before the Season 2 Premiere? Meaning that Barry has probably recovered from Iris already.
>ape and old dude on fire
What's the complaint here? Those things can be found in the comics
>Criminal has a gold gun
>does't sell that gold
>still robs people
They're the Rogues, it's about the score, not the profit. It's like you don't even read the comic
>character can run faster than sound
>still BTFO by asian chick who shoots light
Flash jobs 90% of the time, like in the comics.
>Can memorize information at a very fast rate but still can't think his way out of situations
>Smartest man ever
>gives monologues every fucking time
What does being smart and giving monologues all the time have to do with each other? Where was it even stated that he was the smartest man ever? I mean yeah they established he graduated college and knows science facts but that's not like super smart, it's fucking college and science facts. Also, again the team.
>>
God damnit, Flash has enough trouble maintaining quality as it is, stop forcing it to cross over with far worse shows handled by far worse runners and writers.

Felicity in Flash almost killed the show entirely.
>>
>>77433109
I actually found Velocity a nice ship
>>
>>77433095
>>77432872
>>77432456
>>77432115
>>77432076

>defending shit writing this hard because muh comics

Lol at autitsts getting booty blasted the moment you call this show out on its shit
>>
>>77433131
>Velocity
...I wish I could throttle you through the internet.
>>
>>77433135
The show does have a lot of shit writing. The Plastique episode, the bees episode, and the S1 finale are the biggest examples. In fact the S1 finale basically took all the good plot threads they were building and took a massive shit on them. There's no reason for any of the melodrama in the episode, there's no reason to not save momma Allen, there's no reason for Eddie to commit sudoku instead of schedule a vasectomy, the whole fucking thing was retarded.

If you're going to criticize a show don't half-ass it. Nothing in the post they're responding to even approaches the actual problems in the show.
>>
>>77433156
How can you not have understood anything of basic one hour content?
>>
File: Zoom Zoom Zoooom.jpg (45 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Zoom Zoom Zoooom.jpg
45 KB, 852x480
>>77431780
I hope it's like the last "cross over" so I can skip Arrow again without missing anything worthwhile
>>
>>77433359
>Not wanting to see Barry fight Captain Boomarang
>>
>>77433095
for the smartest man thing, I meant eobard and not barry
>>
>>77431780
the thumbnail looks like Oliver is hitting flash in the chin
>>
>>77433262
Barry, you need to hit a single hydrogen atom at near light-speed to time travel, now do so in this chamber full of air!

Barry, we've already figured out how to time travel and Wells has absolutely no leverage anymore but we're going to build him a time bubble and let him out of his cell anyways! This is a good idea!

Barry, I know we already know for a fact that in the timeline we're trying to revert to you still become the Flash and live a happy family life and none of the people whose lives were destroyed by Wells and the accelerator have to suffer, but if you change the timeline we won't be a family! Well, wait, no, that's not right, my daughter will be your wife and I'll be your father in law and good friend, but you'll lose what makes you special!

Stop invincible self, don't protect the good timeline by saving our mother, I hate existing!

Eddie killed himself and erased Wells from the timeline, which should be no different than Barry saving his mother and defeating Wells in the past but for some reason is! Don't think about that, there's a wormhole now! Run, Barry, run!
>>
>>77433414
Joe, I need to use time travel responsibly. I'm going to go back in time and kill Hitler.

No, Barry! The holocaust is what makes you special!
>>
>>77433403
Oh wow it isn't? I thought Oliver was punching Barry
>>
>>77433414
I'll give the science behind the particle accelerators, as I don't know how that shit works.

Barry still needed Wells to teach him how to transverse the timeline.

The timeline had already been reset, resetting it again wouldn't magically restore it. There were multiple ways in which it could end with Barry not becoming the Flash and not meeting any of his friends or family.

Altering the timeline further would only further damage it.

Except it is, as Thawne was retroactively erased from existence. He'd continue existing and coming back had Barry saved his mother.
>>
>>77432053
either they try some pseudo-science or just ignore it. But once you incorporate any science you have to have SOME constancy. Either you say it doesn't conform to any known science, and therefore can't invent anything (unless it's a hackjob) or you write some BS so that the scientists can make some understanding of it and invent something to help.

I like that they TRY to explain things scientifically, only a few times has it REALLY made me cringe it's based on capeshit for fuck sakes and some of that is the dumbing down of ideas. I'm wondering who their science consultant is for the show. For some reason The Big Bang Theory sci consultant gets HUGE media attention but whoever works on Flash has to come up with a lot more science references than that guy.
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.png (1 MB, 1172x645) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.png
1 MB, 1172x645
>>77433414
>Barry, you need to hit a single hydrogen atom at near light-speed to time travel, now do so in this chamber full of air!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who studies nuclear physics, this made me more mad than anything in the show
>>
>>77433779
>Barry still needed Wells to teach him how to transverse the timeline.
Except no, Wells gave him nothing after they let him out of the cage.

>The timeline had already been reset, resetting it again wouldn't magically restore it
Except if that were the case the Flash fighting Eobard wouldn't exist. There was no risk of Barry not becoming the Flash

>Altering the timeline further would only further damage it
No one ever said or implied this and if it were true then Wells/Eobard wouldn't be encouraging Barry to fuck with time further.

>Thawne was retroactively erased from existence
Which should collapse the timeline, but it didn't, so any other mention of paradoxes is moot.\

To clarify the particle accelerator stuff: A particle accelerator typically is a total vacuum with nothing in it but the two particles they're colliding. It cannot function if it is full of oxygen, nitrogen, helium, etc. (aka air)
>>
>>77433024
hoping thawne comes back and not only curbstomps zoom but also beats the shit out of barry for fucking up his plans to go home.
>>
>>77433973
The problem is that some of the writers care and others don't. You have some of the writers doing clever fights with physical laws and exploring the consequences of Barry's abilities while you have other writers saying "The guy in he suit with the giant open mouthpiece is bee-proof!"

The quality of the writing on Flash is incredibly variable.
>>
>>77434404
Isnt Thawne weaker than zoom in this show?
>>
>>77434491
The Thawne we knew, sure, he'd had his connection with the speed force severed.

Thawne before he fucked up the timeline would make Zoom his bitch
>>
>>77434491
it's hard to say. thawne was always holding back when he fought barry - the one time he was serious he beat barry easily and eddie had to kill himself to stop him.

thawne absorbs speedforce though so if he fought against zoom he would only need to outlast him and siphon off enough speed.
>>
>>77431780
>develops a serum to make Barry run faster
Johnny Quick CONFIRMED
>>77431822
E3 Quick used a syrum family.
>>
>>77434357
Wells guided him in how to use the Speed Force to arrive at the past.

Yes, there was. It'd only change once something had been altered, at which point the original version would cease to exist.

Thawne only wanted to return home, he didn't care about anything else.

It did, that's what the singularity was.
>>
>>77434357
>To clarify the particle accelerator stuff: A particle accelerator typically is a total vacuum with nothing in it but the two particles they're colliding. It cannot function if it is full of oxygen, nitrogen, helium, etc. (aka air)

and that triggered the dozens of other reasons it wouldnt' work, in my mind. The worst of, even if they 'phased' the atom out, Barry is colliding with trillions of hydrogen atoms every centimeter. By the laws of thermodynamics, SOME of those should be moving fast enough to be identical to the one hydrogen atom, especially if he is colliding with them all.

yeah yeah, speed force and all. But for a show that really TRYS to get some science into it, the finale failed on SO MANY LEVELS (the black hole and Caitlyn not knowing what it is was a bad one too)
>>
>>77434728
The Flash never tries to get science into itself. Almost all the science in all the episodes is bullshit. The very fact of Barry's powers is bullshit. If you want scientific accuracy, don't watch capeshit.
>>
>it's an actual chemical formula and not 3X2 (9YZ) 4A

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>77435261
If they were just going to make it "run so fast you back in time" like the earlier occasion that'd be fine

Instead they specified that he had to hit a single hydrogen atom, and if he wasn't going fast enough when he did the world would explode.

There were a shitload of atoms in that accelerator, not just one hydrogen atom. The world should've exploded a million times over.
>>
>>77434693
>Wells guided him
Barry could literally see where he was, he didn't need guidance
>It'd only change once something had been altered at which point the original version would cease to exist
That brings up the same paradox issue as before, the original timeline has to exist because it's in the causal chain.

>Thawne only wanted to return home
If the timeline fractures there's no home to return to, and if there's no Flash he has no powers. Do keep up.

>The singularity
Was a handwave and a distraction.
>>
>>77435261
They spend a significant amount of every episode talking about how every meta-human works. EVERY SINGLE metahuman has a science explanation in the show, yes, even Barry. It allows Cisco to invent things to help, if it weren't for that, his character wouldn't exist. There is bullshit with an explanation and a hand wave and there is just bullshit.
>>
>>77435403
Barry did need guidance so he could focus on arriving in the past. He was experiencing multiple visions of the past and multiple glimpses into the future at once.

The original Flash exists because he is the starting point of the reset timeline, but his world, his version of the events, had already been wiped.

Thawne didn't care about erasing the Flash and therefore his powers. That's why he had the Time Sphere built.

And the singularity was presented well enough. You can just dismiss it as "a distraction" because you didn't like it,
>>
>>77432611
I fucking love him. Total douche, does what he wants, my kinda guy.
>>
>>77431780

That thumbnail looks like Ollie punching Barry, in the catalog.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.