[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back in the day I always thought Mordecai was a pretty cool guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17
Back in the day I always thought Mordecai was a pretty cool guy and Rigby was an annoyance who made mistakes constantly and caused a lot problems.

But after the last two episodes my opinion completly switched.
Mordecai is actually a giant loser and a crybaby, the stuff this guy does is the epidome of external shame. You really have to try hard to be so much of an loser.

Rigby on the other hand became a really cool guy who knows whats important. He evolved as a person and hes way more reliable than before. I could also really empathise with him in the last episode. He became my favorite character in the show.

What do you guys think about these two characters?
>>
They're both losers, for gods sake they work at a golf course/park/whatever the fuck full-time with no future other than that.
>>
I think the first season was great but the show was run into the ground because of an unwillingness to break with a stale formula.
>>
>>77430380
They not only work there, they live there, too. And despite having a free place to live, they're always fucking broke.
>>
>>77430380
They live there, have a nice house, they get to enjoy the park. I'd say they're in a better position than most people.
>>
>>77430439
>work in a park
>live in the park
>always fucking broke
>no real future ahead
>>
File: 1277234522075.jpg (9 KB, 205x286) Image search: [Google]
1277234522075.jpg
9 KB, 205x286
>>77430462

>spend a lot of time fucking around and get away with it

They are emperors compared to most people.
>>
>>77430462
And yet they enjoy their lives doing what they want, sounds good to me, they just have to be more responsible.
>>
>>77430485
But they don't really achieve or do anything though.
They are exactly like "most people", really.
>>
>>77430488
When you're poor and stupid enjoying what little you have is just about all you can do to stave off terminal depression.
>>
>>77430497

>implying people care about "achievement" anymore

Contrary to what you believe, people these days don't think they're destined for great things, and their only goal in life is to be comfortable. Almost all young people who are "workaholics" are either single moms or insufferable business students who keep talking about their amazing idea or something. Literally everyone else just wants to live in a small apartment and watch cartoons on the internet.
>>
>>77430527
You're wrong, my man. Most people don't give a shit about cartoons.
>>
>>77430527
Just because people are under-achieving animals scrimping for every bit of mediocre comforts they can doesn't make them right to do so.
I'm not going to pretend everyone has potential, but that doesn't mean those who have none are valid in their mediocrity.
>>
>>77430550

No, you're wrong. They love cartoons, at least, childrens cartoons with the illusion of maturity like Stephen Universe or Adventure Time. No conversation between hipster 20 year olds is complete without explaining how, "they're not just for kids anymore!"
>>
>>77430573
How does SU and AT feign maturity?
>>
>>77430573
>hipster
Its been so long since I've seen that word on this site.
>>
>>77430584
SU and AT are cartoons with fantastical elements that they don't utilize to their fullest like you know, a cartoon would, but instead use them to facilitate slice-of-life trash with a twist, while remaining vague about the machinations of their worlds thus giving the illusion of depth to people without critical thought.
>>
Are mordecai and Rigby technically successful? Both don't live with their parents. Get plenty of free time still make enough money to support themselves. Rigby has a girlfriend not sure if mordicai does. But other than the occasional threat of getting fired.
They have good lives. Better than most people if you just forget how monotonous a job they really have with no real payoff for working thier for long.
>>
>>77430616
Literally nothing you said has anything to do with "feigning maturity" you're just whining about the treatment of fantastical elements as if it's less valid than any other.
>>
>>77430560
Wait. What are people with no potential supposed to do then if not accept their mediocrity?
>>
>>77430690
Its less feigning maturity and more people interpreting mature elements where there is none or slight presentations of mature elements that make people go ga-ga for no real reason.
A woman caring for her dementia-addled friend is mildly mature content, for example, making them a vampire and a wizard adds nothing to the equation past appeal to children.
I don't intake all that much SU or AT because they're boring and I really can't pick them apart for you in-depth. Arguably its more about the fans being pretentious.
>>
>>77430889
Kill themselves and let the resources they would consume through the course of their unproductive lives go to the worthy.
>>
File: 1408441240532.jpg (47 KB, 464x528) Image search: [Google]
1408441240532.jpg
47 KB, 464x528
>>77430985
>>
>>77430976
I'd add the fact that both are immortal could add quite a bit to that equation.
I mean Adventure Time obviously doesn't do so because that's a layer you're not gonna expose kids to. and I doubt anyone on the writing team has the chops to pull it off anymore
>>
File: 1446343267616.jpg (45 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1446343267616.jpg
45 KB, 240x240
>>77431009
99% of people are objectively trash and pretending they're not is mental illness.
Posting silly images at things you don't agree with accomplishes nothing.
>>
File: 5292185320.jpg (82 KB, 682x512) Image search: [Google]
5292185320.jpg
82 KB, 682x512
>>77431069
>99% of people are objectively trash
>>
>>77430353
I agree. I used to think Mordecai was the straight man who had his shit together and Rigby was an obnoxious ADHD faggot.

Mordecai became the world's biggest faggot to me when he hijacked Muscle Man's wedding to break up with CJ.
>>
>>77431111
>ebery live is precious
>like and upboat if you agree ;<<<<
>>
>>77431069
>99% of people are objectively trash

Says the one who post anime girls on a anonymous chinese forum in a board for cartoons
>>
>>77431069

Oh I get it, you're admitting you're accomplishing nothing. Good show old bean.
>>
File: 1435276069569.jpg (641 KB, 1000x3708) Image search: [Google]
1435276069569.jpg
641 KB, 1000x3708
The thing I've enjoyed most about the recent seasons has been Mordecai and Rigby swapping roles.

In the beginning it had Mordecai being responsible and trying to improve, with Rigby fucking up constantly because he was worried that Mordecai was going to get other friends, a girlfriend and a good job and leave him behind.

Now Mordecai's been spinning his wheels in the mud, doing stupid shit while Rigby has had a slow arc of self improvement, getting other friends, a girlfriend, and enjoying his job more while being the one that has to talk real shit to his friend.

I doubt anything will come of it, or that most of what I enjoy about it is intentional, but it's been interesting to see Mordecai make mistakes and not realize that his best friend might get sick of his shit and leave him behind.
>>
>>77430573
The group you're describing is still a minority.
>>
File: srvgh.png (445 KB, 456x404) Image search: [Google]
srvgh.png
445 KB, 456x404
>>77430353
Season 1:
>Mordecai
>a pretty cool guy

>Rigby
>an annoyance who made mistakes constantly

Season 6:
>Mordecai
>a giant loser and a crybaby

>Rigby
>a really cool guy who knows whats important
>>
File: bahahahaha.png (111 KB, 456x796) Image search: [Google]
bahahahaha.png
111 KB, 456x796
>>77431656
>>
>>77432370
MURGRIHT
>>
tell me, /co/

How would you fix Regular Show?
>>
>Rigby on the other hand became a really cool guy who knows whats important. He evolved as a person and hes way more reliable than before. I could also really empathise with him in the last episode. He became my favorite character in the show.

>WAHHHH I NEVER TOLD MY GIRLFRIEND I NEVER PASSED HIGH SCHOOL
>I WILL LIE TO HER TO TRY TO FINISH MY DEGREE AND CANCEL ALL OF OUR DATES
>Dude jsut be straight with her
>NO

The same shit Mordecai pulled, but I guess "It's okay if Rigby does it".
>>
>>77431656
>Now Mordecai's been spinning his wheels in the mud, doing stupid shit while Rigby has had a slow arc of self improvement, getting other friends, a girlfriend, and enjoying his job more while being the one that has to talk real shit to his friend.

>I doubt anything will come of it, or that most of what I enjoy about it is intentional, but it's been interesting to see Mordecai make mistakes and not realize that his best friend might get sick of his shit and leave him behind.

Do you really think he'd leave him after what you have seen in the movie? Rigby right now is still dependent on him, it's just that now he can also latch onto Eileen if he's unavailable.

Have you seen how Rigby was just the same as Mordecai with his girlfriend in the leaked episode for today?
And did their roles change? I don't understand why even the staff says that. Mordecai is still Mordecai, and recently he decided to stay just friends with Margaret and doesn't really need to improve otherwise, while Rigby is now insecure whether he is worthy of Eileen and occasionally clueless when it comes to treat her.

>knows a store that specializes in gifts to apologize to girlfriends
>thinks that girls wanting to be taken as something special instead as a generic idea of a girlfriend is complicated
>pissed off Eileen in Dumptown

And whoopdeedoo, a High School degree, welcome where everyone was years ago Rigby.

And where did Rigby get other friends?
>>
>>77432370
>>77432547
>MUH GRET
>>
>>77430573
dude just how many people do you think watches fucking steven universe and adventure time
>>
>>77433965
Only tumblr kids watch this stuff.
>>
>>77434643
Epic senpai
>>
>>77433406
>I don't understand why even the staff says that.
Let them have their fun, they want to pretend their show means something
>>
I'm curious, was the extension of Modercai's Love Problems a mandate from the network or something? Haven't been catching up to the latest of seasons and episodes, but I don't get why bring back Margaret after a ton of time with CJ, it almost felt like it was a forced thing or something. (The fact CN was showing commercials with "#Team Margaret and #TeamCJ" made me ponder this.).

Am i just seeing things? Cause I wouldn't be surprised, that's all.
>>
File: garret_by_la_maldita-d6d3trx.png (439 KB, 900x802) Image search: [Google]
garret_by_la_maldita-d6d3trx.png
439 KB, 900x802
>>77430353

Uh....you are not exactly right.

Rigby was the loser, incompetent asshole, that couldnt have anything in his life, and the few things he had was due to Modercai.

Now? He developed ad is probably the best and most likeble character. What caused this change?

Fucking Eileen man.

Hell, their relationship was really fleshed out, and slowly developed, way better than most cartoons these days.

I could probably stand way more Betacai if he was a cute girl
>>
>>77435163
Could be this, could be that, nobody really knows how much meddling happens with cartoons and to which degree it has an impact on it.

Like, I had the feeling Thomas was a mandate.

I think it's generally not easy to form a continous plot for a show that was not planned to have one since they didn't expected more than two seasons. You can tell since those episodes are more even more premise based.

>>77435405
>most likable
Yeah, because he turned into a complete weenie. And he is still sort incompetent here and there, even with and towards his girlfriend.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncjdsuYuwv1sjok3e.png (153 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncjdsuYuwv1sjok3e.png
153 KB, 500x312
>>77435163
>#TeamMargaret
>#TeamCJ
Wow, CN was very teenage-related with those commercials.
So, #TeamEilien commercials when?
>>
>>77435163
Did they really? Never saw commericals for it.
>>
>>77433305
He wasn't going to tell her because he was worried about the outcome, it's easy for people to say "dude just do it" but whatever's going through their mind at the moment is the impact of what they do, Rigby was conflicted with the idea of telling her and her thinking he's not worth her standards, or not telling her, getting the diploma, and revealing it later that he did it for her, which is a pretty sweet thing if he had a terrible time before but pushed through it for her.
>>
>>77437785
Still the same as with Mordecai, whom people give constantly shit for.
>>
>>77437785
>Rigby was conflicted with the idea of telling her and her thinking he's not worth her standards, or not telling her, getting the diploma, and revealing it later that he did it for her, which is a pretty sweet thing if he had a terrible time before but pushed through it for her.

He was afraid she would eventually leave him because she wrote that she wants to marry someone brilliant at 25 in grade six and he had not even an HS degree. There was no conflict, it was simply a dumb reaction for a dumb reason, just like with all of Mordecai's exploits.
>>
>>77430353
I thin that throughout all of the discussion and fandom, no one really addresses why Bender is a GUMBALL MACHINE

Duckman mixed animal and humans well, because you assumed the animals were a substitution for race issues, like all ducks are Jews. But GUMBALL MACHINES AREN'T PEOPLE. You think it's funny that when he throws up or bleeds gumballs go everywhere? That people just don't eat gumballs in this universe? SHIT MAKES NO SENSE Skips is a Yeti?

Go to hell and bring back Flapjack. At least that made some minor sense, even if Cap'n was blue with a pickle-dick nose and all wooden puppet limbs.

Blue Jays and Raccoons aren't Mexicans and French People!
>>
File: comic7.png (214 KB, 506x295) Image search: [Google]
comic7.png
214 KB, 506x295
>>77437975
>Bender is a GUMBALL MACHINE
It's Benson, not Bender. You don't see an difference between names.
>>
File: happy birthday.png (893 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
happy birthday.png
893 KB, 1024x819
>>77437889
Nah, but this is more recent.

Until now their relationship was good, now that Rigby is the only one with a decent girlfriend to have drama, they will try to make him betacai 2.0.
>>
>>77438347
>Nah, but this is more recent.

What do you mean by that?

>their relationship was good
It was always flawed, if you mean that.
>>
>>77430504
a definition of a good life varies from people anon
>>
This thread is a train wreck. They're both retards (slightly more so Rigby) but they're both somewhat reliable bros.
>>
File: murdecai.png (80 KB, 1273x826) Image search: [Google]
murdecai.png
80 KB, 1273x826
Is Mordekek new meme now?
>>
File: memecai.png (14 KB, 1360x609) Image search: [Google]
memecai.png
14 KB, 1360x609
>>77439144
Apparently.
>>
File: muhlyfeisfullofmuhgurlfriends.png (21 KB, 765x544) Image search: [Google]
muhlyfeisfullofmuhgurlfriends.png
21 KB, 765x544
>>77439541
I know the better and funnier.
>>
Talkback thread is up.

>>77440129
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.