[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Bendis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: UNCX2013600COV.jpg (73 KB, 300x459) Image search: [Google]
UNCX2013600COV.jpg
73 KB, 300x459
Fuck Bendis
>>
I'd rather tie him up and set on fire, but that's just me.
>>
No shit? Why this time, specifically?

I mean, judging from the constant outrage you'd figure some mentally handicapped comics fan already assaulted the bloated retard.
>>
>>77429585
He pretty much singlehandedly destroyed X-men. I mean after he singlehandedly destroyed cosmic marvel. And the GoTG cartoon and name.
>>
>>77429592
And Spider-Man? Show me on the doll where he touched Spider-Man.
>>
>>77429609
Nope that was slott for the comics and loeb on the cartoon side.
>>
>>77429572
[/thread]
>>
>>77429572

I have to concur with this one. Taking the O5 to the present is the worst idea ever. Not only did it take rehashing old plots to an absolutely other level, but the execution in itself was atrocious
>>
>>77431285
in defense of the Benderis, it wasn't his idea.
However, he really did want to write it.

Also, I would recommend sending him extra-fat extra-cheese pizza, so maybe he get a stroke.
>>
File: tonyception.jpg (461 KB, 1535x1610) Image search: [Google]
tonyception.jpg
461 KB, 1535x1610
>>77429572
>>
>>77429747
He means miles, he aged him for no reason other for him to be easier to ship with other teen heroes.
>>
>>77433952
I don't hate that cause 13 was way too fucking young
>>
Bendis?
>>
>>77429572
We should have a bendis hate day. Every Saturday? Just start a thread and we all shit on him. I think it would be very therapeutic.
>>
>>77433952
Now aging characters is bad? If anything that's something every fucking writer should do every few years. At this rate, the son of Luke Cage will end up the same age as Spider-Man at some point.
>>
>>77434015
Every day is Bendis hate day.
>>
>>77433994
Yes. 13 year olds shouldn't be -Man anything.
>>
>>77434058
Bendis hate day? Is that really a thing?
>>
>>77434091
if he had stayed on the x-men, i would have voted yes

now I don't really care, let him mess up the GotG more, it's never gonna be Annihilation-good again, not after the movie
>>
>>77429572
Why is xavier a fuccboi in that pic?
>>
Eva Bell is the only good thing from that run
>>
Oh, Charles is back.
>>
>>77435173
Correct
>>77435191
He's not, he is just inexplicably on the cover.
>>
>>77435173
Other than this, can anyone name a positive change he implemented?
Because everything I remember has been collectively viewed as a mistake.
>>
File: they keep buying my comics lol.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
they keep buying my comics lol.gif
1 MB, 419x237
Typical anti-Bendis memers. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. Glad Extraordinary X-men will continue his plan.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.
>>
>>77429572

Sorry, can't do. I'm not a black man.
>>
>>77433905
Worst part is hes trying to get a high five from Strange when theres literally impending doom afoot and every second counts.

I usually dont care, im more of a who cares who pumps the tires on the bat mobile kind of guy but this here was just too much retarded.
>>
>>77435515
Actually Extraordinary just erased Beast/Jean.
>>
>>77435515

I don't know what's worse

The fact you're using reddit as a baseline for quality, or that you have to lie about even reddit liking him
>>
Why does he hate Beast so much?
He couldn't be more transparent about it if he tried. His entire run has been about ruining Beast for the near future, just like how he ruined Scarlet Witch.
>>
File: K1439355936733.gif (2 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
K1439355936733.gif
2 MB, 352x217
>>77435630
Don't fall for such obvious bait anon.
>>
>>77435515
He has good over arching ideas which have brought in interest yes. The devils in the details and he writes really shitty details

>>77433905
And the reused paneling that this highlights wasnt even all that was wrong with the page, tony literally rushes to strange on very little time for help and stops to get a high five for reasons?

He has decent ideas that sound interesting at a glance but the page to page writing is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>77435632

Somewhere there is a young aspring writer waiting his chance to ruin Kitty.
>>
>>77435691
You mean ruin her again.
Bendis has done a fine enough job as it is.
She essentially had a complete 180 on her character, gping all they way back to when she left the Jean Grey School for no reason at all, and just getting worse from there.
>>
>>77435630
Except they did like his Uncanny X-men. Just because they have Bendis speak circle jerks like here doesn't mean they hate him.
>>
>>77429572
It shouldn't have taken you this long to hate his X-Men. Battle of the Atom is the point where EVERYONE should have stopped

All of that build up and for what? So you can reveal and kill off Dark Beast on the same page while even the characters talk about how anticlimactic it all was
>>
>>77435861
Yes, but this is just the final confirmation that everything was shit for no reason at all.
>>
>>77429609
Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman run was pretty good though.

Not fantastic but solid with occasional moments of gold.
>>
>>77436054
It was a successful attempt to update classic stories and characters into a contemporary setting. I wouldn't say it was any better than some of the older stuff, but much more approachable for new readers. It was one of the first things I read
>>
>>77431442
The event was Aarons idea, but the whole thing got hijacked by Bendis. Having the O5 stick around instead of sending them back at the end of BOTA was the most cancerous idea to come out of it.

They have a book called All-new X-men and base it around the X-men from the past instead of Bendis' new characters? Fucking stupid. He had a black character, an Australian character, and a gay character, all the diversity shit they could want, and somehow they decide to go counter productive and end with one of the O5 going gay for that missing diversity.

I remember 3 years ago people were actually hyped about Bendis. "He knows how to write teens!" and "All-new X-men? Sweet we get focus on teens and legacies!"

Easiest set up for easy stories, and instead we get pants on head retarded crossovers. I swear /co/ comes up with better fanfic most of the time.
>>
>>77435632
I remember that one time the actress that played the Scarlet Witch was kinda bummed out her character in the comics was so confusing and shat over and bendis retweeted it with a smug sense of satisfaction.

Why does he keeps getting away with this shit? Taking heroes then making them into unlikeable assholes is his status quo.
>>
>>77435691
>Somewhere there is a young aspring writer waiting his chance to ruin Kitty.
Those don't exist. The people who actually works for a job and doesn't spend all the time complaining, love her too much.
>>
>>77429572
Eww, no. Have you seen him lately? Dude's looking like an egg made of dough.
>>
>>77435632
Honestly, I don't even think it's so much Bendis as Beast's character has been complete shit for almost a decade now going back to Fraction. Bendis is just sort of continuing it rather than starting it, as opposed to what he did with Wanda which just sort of came out of fucking nowhere.

Basically, if you want to blame someone for ruining Beast for the forseeable future, Fraction's the guy you want to blame since he started the whole Beast hating Scott and being a giant hypocrite thing.
>>
>>77435758
She didn't do anything after he left the school. She was just there. If anything, Bendis rescued her from more limbo and made her the main character of the most important franchise today.

Bendis saved her.
>>
>>77429572

>What he's done to all the characters in that pic

I'm honestly baffled by how this man has still got this job. I mean, doesn't EVERYONE dislike what he's done and continues to do with the X-Men? What is Marvel THINKING?
>>
>>77436105
To be honest, most fanfics are better than marvel nowadays. Recently, there was this huge fanfic that even got covered by Bleeding Cock, about QQ's marauders and I loved it.
>>
>>77437069
>What is Marvel THINKING?
"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"
Trust me, I'm a mindreader
>>
>>77429580
Not hate fucking your enemies, what are you some kind of səmpi
>>
>>77437069
>doesn't EVERYONE dislike what he's done and continues to do with the X-Men?
No. Sometimes is easy to forget that we are the tiniest part of the comic fandom.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.