[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The New 52
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 318x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 318x355
I know this is late but

I wanna get into the New 52 but I have no experience in comics
Is the New 52 the best place to start?
>>
Yes, just pick the heroes you wanna read and buy their trades. There's only like 6 or 7 for each right now. For the ones that were there from the start. There are a lot of number ones that syarted later.
And in general, the books are better now than they were at the start. But, read the early, it's not that shit.
>>
Yeah it's meant to be a jump-on point for people like you. If you have something specific you're interested in it might be helpful to check first to make sure it's not shit, but sometimes reading shitty comics can help too anyway when you're new to help you learn why something is bad so you don't go around merely repeating opinions you've read elsewhere.
>>
>>77428094

Depends what you like, N52 has alot of pitfalls

If youre into Batman or Superman for ex, theres extensive classic books that are much better than what recent DC has to offer
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 529x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 529x424
>>77428094
Im sorry op here, i just read my post and laughed

I meant to say was that i wanna get into DC comics, should I try the New 52?
>>
File: steven universe (2).jpg (138 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
steven universe (2).jpg
138 KB, 693x693
>>77428368
>i wanna get into DC comics, should I try the New 52?
not a good starting place just pick and choose in the old stuff then comeback in new 52 that being said some new52 book can be started with like aquaman,green lantern,swamp thing,animal man and wonder woman
>>
File: 1447032341655.png (182 KB, 276x264) Image search: [Google]
1447032341655.png
182 KB, 276x264
>>77428236
>go around merely repeating opinions you've read elsewhere.

Best way I have ever seen /co/ described. I doubt one in one hundred people here have actually read/watched the thing they're talking about
>>
>>77428094
Just grab what you think you'll like and Star reading from the #1 point.

If you're just looking for a jumping in point, the reboot was made literally for the whole franchise to have the same jumping in point, so for about 98% of the stuff you can just backtrack to the #1 of the most recent volume and start reading there.

If you want recommendation on what's good, that's a different story,
But since you'd liking be hitting the torrents and be getting both the good and the bad I'd simply say give everything a glance and see where it goes for you from there.
>>
>>77428094

As good place as any. Some of its good, some of it is shit, and it largely depends on what type of stuff you like that guides what books to pick.
>>
>>77428094
Is there a specific character you want to read about?
Because many of them do have "BEST OF" trades/omnibuses that would be the easiest way to read some of their best older stories.

If you want to know more about a specific character
Name them and you will likely get recommended both full runs and stand alone stories.

N52 was designed to be a jumping in point, you can start there
But it may not be the best start for a very few or may not be the best run for most.

If you want everything, start n52 and then look back at your leisure.
If you want something for a specific character let us know.
>>
>>77428094
is a mix bag, just make sure to get into the good half
>>
>>77429998
Nothing in particular, although i am interested in swamp thing and animal man
>>
DON'T.
>>
>>77430895
>>77429998
Although i wish there a doom patrol one
>>
>>77429892
Do Storytimes not exist to you?
>>
As a Marvelfag I recommend Suicide Squad. Starts with le edgy rat torture :^)
>>
File: aquaman-eats-fish-2[1].jpg (178 KB, 1276x652) Image search: [Google]
aquaman-eats-fish-2[1].jpg
178 KB, 1276x652
>>77428094
Hey, OP. I only started reading comics this year for the first time ever after being a fan of movie and TV superheroes for years. I started off with some one-shot Superman comics and New 52 Aquaman, which I loved. New 52 Aquaman is very easily accessible to newcomers so I recommend it.
>>
As others have said, the New 52 is meant as the start of the new continuity that continues to this day. There aren't too many books in each line and it's really easy to jump onto stuff.

As with anything, there are good books and not so great. Some start out great and go to crap later with a new creative team. Sone start out crap and go to great with a new creative team.

A list of books that are generally recommended at the start of the New 52 are:

Aquaman
The Flash
Wonder Woman
Batman
Animal Man
Demon Knights
I, Vampire
Swamp Thing

Other titles you can pick up if interested and will like or dislike due to personal preferences, but the ones above tend to be the generally agreed upon quality ones at the very start.
>>
Yeah. The New 52 is a good place to start. Stuff like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman had some good runs. Green Lantern just kept going, so if you wanna get into that you'll have to read some older stuff. Flash also had a good run, and some older stories are great. Then there's stuff like Swamp-Thing that was fucking godly. Really good shit.
>>
>>77431276
N52 Action Comics is good from the beginning, too.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.