[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
more like zzzzcomic amirite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24
more like zzzzcomic amirite
>>
File: 260.jpg (616 KB, 950x1410) Image search: [Google]
260.jpg
616 KB, 950x1410
Remember when something almost happened, and then it didn't?
>>
more like what is this
>>
File: Hipposhrimp.jpg (759 KB, 950x1700) Image search: [Google]
Hipposhrimp.jpg
759 KB, 950x1700
>>77413208
Stand Still Stay Silent

It's a pretty good webcomic desu despite being as slow as frozen molasses.
>>
>>77413224
wait how long has "desu" been word filtered
>>
>>77413180
Zzzzcomic with the SJW yaoi fagboys and "strong female characters". Anyone who reads it has some serious developmental issues or is a woman. Dropped it ages ago.
>>
>>77413224
thanks
>>
>>77413251
>"strong female characters"

literally who has claimed that

the author's self-insert is a meek fujoshi and Sigrun is an idiot
>>
>>77413208
One of the worst webcomics around, but it's popular because it appeals to casuals and lowest common denominator-type of people.

Here's a fantastic webcomic that would deserve massive popularity: http://www.unsoundedcomic.com/ But surprise surprise, it's actually well written and challenging in its subjects so it's never going to be as popular. It's the kind of world we live in.
>>
>>77413180
It's written by a woman, did you really expect anything but a slice of life story? Half the cast are cute boys who clearly have a thing for other cute buys, take the hint.
>>
File: 340.jpg (471 KB, 1750x899) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
471 KB, 1750x899
>>77413406
But her art can be so gruesome, I have to keep checking back in case the story becomes darker.
>>
>>77413180
Some of my female friends who are "into comics" (really they just read manga) are way into this one. I want to slap a bitch every time I hear one of them open their mouth about it.
>>
>>77413469
Don't hold your breath, the artist has specifically stated that it's not a dark story and the horror elements are just there as a flavour on the side. It's really not worth reading if you want something deep and real.
>>
>>77413520
>the artist has specifically stated that it's not a dark story and the horror elements are just there as a flavour on the side

But what fun would that be?
>>
>>77413231

Since halloween. With f a m and c u c k
>>
>>77413562
Have you read any of the posts in this thread? the comic sucks if you like any of the following this: Suspence, horror, grit, reality, challenging writing, action.

It appeals to people who like the following this: slice of life stories, gay boys being cute at each other, female characters in charge, mundane safe character interaction, casual girly stories.

It's fun for a lot of people because there's not exactly a shortage of fujoshi women and people with an IQ below 80 in this world.
>>
>>77413611
For what purpose?
>>
>>77413311
>thinly-veiled pedoshit
>"well written"

I suppose you've got me on "challenging in its subjects," though. Few comics outside Japan are willing to be so frank with their pedophilia.
>>
>>77413562
Believe it or not there's actually webcomic readers who consider non-dark stories to be "fun". They're the reason why things like QC and its low-brow ilk are so popular.
>>
>>77413311
Its not THAT challenging. It is really good though.
>>
>>77413657
>anything that's not dark is low-brow

Man, you must be a riot at parties. You'd probably be right at home on /lit/ though.
>>
>>77413651
>Bwaaah, Unsounded deals with pedophilia! I'm triggered!
Back to tumblr with you, sweetheart. Let the men talk here.
>>
>>77413224
the slow story is offset by daily updates
>>
How about we have threads for good webcomics instead of boring garbage like this?
>>
meh, it is mediocre but the art is amazing.
>>
There are many webcomics with pretty art that are paced too slowly but have you ever found an example of a webcomic that's too fast paced?
>>
>>77413789
>mediocre
It's terrible. If you're reading it for just the art you're a very special kind of retarded.
>>
>>77413180
My girlfriend tried to make me read this whole thing, seriously considering dumping her now.
>>
>>77413799
Not too fast, but Unsounded is a webcomic that has pretty much perfect pacing and is never too slow. So it's the closest one I can think of.
>>
>>77413855
Oh my God will you shut up about Unfounded you're starting to sound like a Steven Universe fanboy.
>>
>>77413855
Unsounded is GOAT. I was specifically asking for something that was off-putting for being too frantic.
>>
>>77413180
>>77413208

I like it, but it builds really slow. It's true it's more about interpersonal relations and group dynamics and lore than actual things happening. I feel the series would really, really have benefited from having an editor to cut some of the empty slack. There's been stuff happening but it feels like they're perpetually traveling towards something, towards the point where the plot is supposed to thicken, but it just doesn't come.

It's better if you accept it as a postapocalyptic slice of life, but if you go in expecting mad explosions and ebun zombie survival fighting, it might be disappointing.

It's realistic enough and I like the characters though. Just wish that there'd be more intergroup tension if the actual happenings are still ways away. Just goes to show that it's hard for one person to do everything, focus on both plot writing and revision AND do a page of gorgeous art per day.
>>
>>77413825
come on it's far from "terrible" m8. Did someone hype it up for you and you went to read it expecting bloody grimdark fight scenes with loads of explosions and zombies getting their faces blown off?
>>
>>77413911
>It's realistic enough and I like the characters though
Go back to reading your shoujo mangas, don't go revealing your shit taste like that.
>>
>>77413941
No, I expected it to be at least and average story based on its popularity, instead I was rewarded with cowshit in a dogbowl. The fact that there are so many people who genuinely enjoy it is frankly an insult to good comics and intelligent writers who get shit in return for their work.
>>
>>77413180
Bad writing, bad characters, eye-rape colors. mfw I actually found a comic that I despise more than Cucumber Quest, didn't expect that to happen.
>>
>>77414106
You find THIS particularly offensive? Have you read more than five webcomics? Do you have any idea what's out there?
>>
>>77414179
There's plenty of more shit comics out there, but people know they're shit. This comic is one of those terrible ones that way too many people don't have the brain capacity to recognize as shit and keep spouting off as a "good" webcomic. People have actually recommended it to me with a straight face and it really shows how bad the demographics of webcomic readers has become.
>>
>>77414255
>it really shows how bad the demographics of webcomic readers has become.

you act as though it were a high art form, which is literally what webcomics isn't
>>
>>77414321
Not that anon but this isn't an argument...
>>
>>77414342
Go back to reading SSSS retard, the adults are talking.
>>
File: sad pepe.png (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
12 KB, 400x400
>Never see any threads about decent webcomics that get more than 2 replies
>When one comes up it's a shitty b8 thread
>>
>>77414423
This comic was promising for a while but the fact that the author releases a page every three months and those pages are hardly worth the wait.
>>
>>77413180
Looks like I'm the only one on /co who really enjoys it. But then again I just read comics out of fun, and I like cute characters and chill stories so it's basically made for me.
>>
>>77414384
I AM ON YOUR SIDE ANON
>>
>>77414441
For a moment I thought we were in the Ava's Demon thread.
>>
>>77414469
I'm sorry to say this but anon doesn't feel that way about you. Move on and find someone else, there's someone out there for you too.
>>
>>77414515
His anger has consumed him, and now he sees only enemies.
>>
>>77414106
I'm interested to know what makes it not-average in your estimation? I think everything else about is fine or at least tolerable, apart from the pacing which is way too slow.

Just because it's a genre you don't personally enjoy doesn't make it shit, you know. Do you normally enjoy storylines with a lot of action and death and grimness? Capeshit and such? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>77413311
i like both comics. The art is lovely in each. holy christ stop trying to start a shit-flinging contest.
>>
File: 223.jpg (750 KB, 1600x1086) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
750 KB, 1600x1086
>>77414146
>eye-rape colors
If SSSS is "eye-rape" to you what's not eye-rape? Black and white? Greyscale with only one colour used?

I understand disliking a comic but your criticism would be taken more realistically if it'd actually be valid, pretending that the art in ssss is shit is just making you look daft
>>
>Zombie apocalypse where only hipster-nations survive
Why did anybody think it was going to be anything but trash?
>>
I didn't care for it. I like slice of life stuff, I like survival horror but mixing the two feel like sprinkling motor oil on a chocolate cake.

when you add all the characters I find boring to the mix it just feels all the more of a chore trying to to get past one page let alone all the ones I marathoned. I read enough and don't feel like continuing it.
>>
>>77414670
>I think everything else about is fine or at least tolerable
As you can see from this thread everything from characters to setting and art is highly offputting to everyone here. You're alone in trying to defend it, so you might want to give it a rest.
It's just downright bad, but bad comics thrive on the internet so good for the artist I guess.
>>
>>77414991
Took you long enough to reach the only sane decision. Are you one of those people who keep eating shit until the bowl is empty before deciding that they won't eat more shit? Jesus.
>>
>>77413180
More like yaoicomic amirite.
>>
>>77413180
>Oh cool, postapocalyptic zombie story not set in America or the UK!
>it's basically a fujoshi manga
If i could flick a switch and have one webcomic person in the world drop dead it'd be the girl who made this abomination.
>>
>>77413639
Because those words were fucking annoying and ubiquitous.
>>
>>77414490
Oh, Ava's Demon threads, at least there was a time when they were decent and mostly used by people who enjoyed the comic. Now they've become hate threads full of shit-posting because of the hiatus. No comics that appeal to me can be discussed on /co apparently.
>>
>>77415216
I like to give ungoings a fair enough chance to see if improves or gives me just anything I might enjoy so that it makes reading it entertaining.

if I had dropped unsounded when i grew tired of it I wouldn't have made past the first 20 pages. it's now one of my favorite webcomics.

why all the hostility chum?
>>
>>77414441
>Author releases a page literally every weekday, and has never once missed a deadline.
>Updates every 3 months
What the fuck are you on about m8?
>>
File: 1433022288502.jpg (49 KB, 229x296) Image search: [Google]
1433022288502.jpg
49 KB, 229x296
>>77415232
You're really not.
>>
>>77415623
God, tell me about it, Unsounded is so amazing! Can we just discuss Unsounded instead of ZZZZ?
>>
Fucking 4chan thinks this is spam, will break into different posts to get past the filter.

Okay, hands up, I like SSSS. It's flawed but enjoyable.

Pros:
>5 updates a week holy shit
>Good art
>When horror happens it's awesome
>Fucking awesome creepy things hidden in the details
>Character interactions are fun
>>
File: post.png (15 KB, 336x411) Image search: [Google]
post.png
15 KB, 336x411
Fuck this spam filter.
>>
>>77415824
>Can we just discuss Unsounded instead of ZZZZ?
I'm up for that, the last Unsounded thread died too fast. Who else is exited for the next page?
>>
theres obviously someone in this thread who just HATES this comic but the art looks fantastic, is the hate because its a girl who wastes her talent on a yaoi comic?
>>
File: 339.jpg (432 KB, 960x1430) Image search: [Google]
339.jpg
432 KB, 960x1430
I have to wonder how much samefagging is happening in this thread. Most of the time when I've seen SSSS brought up previously on /co/ it's met with either praise or "meh, but the art is great"

I've not seen this level of outright derision to the point of trying to meme shit before (ZZZZ, Yaoicomic, hipster-nation shit, etc.)

Just seems like a strange shift of tone to what the board's previously had.

Personally I'm a big fan. It may feel a little slow, but that really only holds up when you compare it to other daily comics. It's pacing is more akin to a weekly or semi-weekly comic, with that amount of plot spread over 5 or so pages (Which I'm fine with; Minna can draw the fuck out of those pages).

And shit IS happening, despite how much people complain about it not. Like, the comic has 417 pages, but if you were to compare that to a weekly comic with about 80 or so pages, they're roughly in the same spot as far as plot goes, except SSSS has gotten a lot more GORGEOUS art and character development in on the side.
>>
>>77416008
It's not a Yaoi comic.

There's a pair of male friends, one of whom is somewhat waifish, and the comment section on the site ships the hell out of it, but so far there's been nothing even approaching romance.

It's a comic about strangers in a strange land trying to not be die of incompetence.
>>
>>77416074
>mah art
>mah page numbers

nah it's shit.
>>
File: 204.jpg (799 KB, 950x1369) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
799 KB, 950x1369
>>77415179
I'm not alone though.

I find the vitriol against it interesting. There are a lot of much worse webcomics out there, after all, the art is great, the lore relatively well thought out, updates consistent etc. Sure there are dowsides like the slooooooooooowww build and the character being a bit too cutesy random lol considering the setting, but it's weird that it inspires such hate in people.

I guess it's the awesome potential people see as being squandered since the comic doesn't cater to their zombie apocalypse survival adventure expectations? The setting is somewhat original, the art good, the horror also very nicely done (when it's there) and she produces it so fast and hasn't succumbed to patreon bullshit, so it could be what they want to see - but instead of bad-ass shit, it's calmly progressing interpersonal relations and budding friendships and cute cats :3 and slice-of-life in the cat-tank. So maybe people feel cheated, or upset for the comic they see could have been but isn't?

Since it's really fucking weird that people are angry at a well-drawn, carefully thought out, consistently updating comic where the author isn't being a self-correcting, comment-deleting, shit-starting patreon shill. Not liking it, fine, but why anger?
>>
>>77415868
Why are you shilling so hard? You're not going to get anyone here to come read zzzz with you, we already checked it out and saw what it's all about.
>>
File: 1413258147180.jpg (163 KB, 767x978) Image search: [Google]
1413258147180.jpg
163 KB, 767x978
>>77416149
>>mah page numbers

I don't even know what you're trying to imply here.
>>
>>77416152
>I'm not alone though.
On /co? Yeah, you are, and you're really embarrassing yourself here. I'm sure there's forums where people read junk like this comic and think it's good, but you're not at one of those places. People here have read a lot and have developed standards.
>>
SSSS shill please leave
>>
>>77416219
>People here have developed standards.
Whoa whoa, getting a little overboard there
>>
>>77416219
But he's not. There've been plenty of threads for SSSS on /co/ before that have liked it just fine.

This one is the anomaly.
>>
File: 275.jpg (545 KB, 930x1328) Image search: [Google]
275.jpg
545 KB, 930x1328
>>77416179
why are you this angry? we get that you're proud of your little zzzz pun and for some reason seem to take it personally that a comic exists and people read it though it's not what you want, but why the hate dude?
>>
>>77413311
>Here's a fantastic webcomic that would deserve massive popularity: http://www.unsoundedcomic.com/ But surprise surprise, it's actually well written and challenging in its subjects so it's never going to be as popular. It's the kind of world we live in
I thought for sure Unsounded was more popular so I had to check, and fuck, looks like you're right:
Crowdfunding to make an Unsounded book last year: $74,007
Crowdfunding to make an SSSS book last year: $124,040

There's just no justice in the world. I simply don't get what's holding Ashley back from raking in as much money as all the run-off-the-mill webcomic people do.
>>
>>77416383
Well for one, despite following both comics, I heard about the SSSS crowdfund and did not hear about the Unsounded one.

So from anecdotal evidence, it seems that Ashley might have some problems with what she does to push awareness of what she's doing.

Like, immediately under every page of SSSS, Minna does a little post of what she's doing, anything related to upcoming stuff for the comic, generally just makes it her trouble to make sure that everyone who visits the site can easily see how to give her money if they so choose.

Cope doesn't really do that outside of the tiny "Support me on patreon" button at the bottom of the front page.

tl;dr Minna organizes information such that anyone reading the comic can see how to support it, Ashley counts on you being involved in the small community of online discussion to find that same information.
>>
>>77416383
I understand where you're coming from but it's a market thing. You can't take it out on this girl and her webcomic if her product suits the webcomic market better than Ashley's. You can't take it out on Rihanna if nobody but classical music enthusiasts listen to Mozart, and so on. Ashley probably knows her thing is niche.
>>
>>77416074
I think there's 1 or 2 massively samefagging anons who really, really, really don't like SSSS and had high hopes and read through a lot of pages and when it never turned into the action-packed zombiepocalypse horror survival they were expecting, felt cheated and got upset.

I mean calling the art "eyerape" is pretty revealing that there's some personal butthurt bias going on, it's not perfect and there's some tumblr androgynous sameface going on but still
>>
>>77416490
>Like, immediately under every page of SSSS, Minna does a little post of what she's doing, anything related to upcoming stuff for the comic, generally just makes it her trouble to make sure that everyone who visits the site can easily see how to give her money if they so choose.
>Cope doesn't really do that outside of the tiny "Support me on patreon" button at the bottom of the front page.
Not the angry anon but this is so wrong. Cope is constantly answering stuff and giving out lore bits and producing actual content about the setting on her blog while interacting with her public, /co/ included. Actually she's the most involved webcomic author I've ever seen.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1623x890) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1623x890
>>77416578
But where is she doing that?

It's not obvious on her site.

The front page of her site is just a blank page with some art and a link to the newest pages of the comic and the first page. There's a shop link at the top if you want to buy the books that are out already.

Beyond that, if you read the comic, it takes you to a portion of the site completely isolated from anything BUT the comic. Each page has nothing but that page of the comic on it, and links to the next or previous pages of the comic.

Compare that to Minna, who's organized her site so that you can buy from her just as easily, but more importantly, MAKE SURE that if you read the comic, you can't help but see her little blogposts about what she's doing.

Like, I can check Unsounded, read the comic, and never see anything but the comic on her site.

On SSSS, if I read the newest page, I'm going to see the blog update too, just by the nature of how the pages are formatted. How much the author talks matters a lot less than where and how they do it.
>>
>>77416696
Ahhh you're talking about site accessibility...

Well the merch / Patreon links are there in plain sight and the blog is ONE click away. If this were a new comic that'd matter maybe, but since it's been running at a very steady pace for more than 5 years and its fanbase is well established I think this is irrelevant.
>>
>>77416578
>about the setting on her blog
>on her blog
which doesn't seem to be linked at the comic website?

I'm sorry but if she's involved that's really not obvious to the new reader, there's no forum, no blog, no announcements from the creator page, no nothing. At least nothing that's obvious from the first glance.

Sure, maybe she prefers to interact only with the more involved fans who bother to hang out at occasional unsounded threads at /co/, on a completely unrelated website with a somewhat shady reputation - or who track down her blog at tumblr, another site known for rabid teenagers which is somewhat offputting and hard to navigate for new users and where you need a blog of your own to comment. Her choice. But that's not how you make money. There are a lot of readers, I bet, who only come to the comic site itself, do not see a NEWS or BLOG or FORUM section, and believe it doesn't exist. Newfag noobs, maybe, but they might have money they might want to spend on the comic.
>>
>>77416696
This is exactly how I like it. The comic is its own thing and I don't like to break immersion or distract from it with merchandising, ads, or my tiny update blog. I'm willing to take the hit for the sake of that. I'm not complaining. I make enough money to get by.
>>77417039
There's a link to tumblr on the bottom of the index page. That's my Q&A blog, but it's not an online journal or anything like that. Just a place to ask questions.

I've never been good at marketing. I'm an artist and writer. If people like what I do, they'll support it. That's always been my philosophy and it's served me well so far. I don't want to make a zillion dollars. The pressure of that isn't appealing at all.

Thanks for reading though, broseph.
>>
>>77417039
> There are a lot of readers, I bet, who only come to the comic site itself, do not see a NEWS or BLOG or FORUM section, and believe it doesn't exist. Newfag noobs, maybe, but they might have money they might want to spend on the comic.
But how is it even possible that a new reader would support Unsounded? It's extremely unlikely, and it's not like Ashley's selling t-shirts and mugs with Sette being cute on 'em. She sells the books, that's it.

I mean yes, you're right, she isn't the brightest businesswoman, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about that very much as long as she makes a living out of it.

What this doesn't explain however, is that Unsounded is rather unpopular in the webcomics scene. This has nothing to do with merchandising.
>>
>>77413180
Man apart from the rather boring faces which I can barely tell apart most of the time I like this comic a lot.

Or rather thats what I would say if shit actually happened in it. Most of it is just characters talking and fuck all happening.
>>
>>77417149
Ashley, since you're here, what do you think of SSSS? Obviously almost all of us here on /co think your comic is FAR superior to what Minna is doing and it's a pity you're not rewarded for it as well, but it'd be cool to hear your perspective on this whole issue.
>>
>>77414877
>if it's not about 'murrica it's not worth reading
Shitty opinion you've got there.
>>
>>77416696
See that fucking button that says Wiki.
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1723x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1723x871
>>77417149
>This is exactly how I like it. The comic is its own thing and I don't like to break immersion or distract from it with merchandising, ads, or my tiny update blog. I'm willing to take the hit for the sake of that. I'm not complaining. I make enough money to get by.

No, I completely understand the separation. Especially the way you play with the space around the page, it makes a lot of sense to isolate them the way you do.

I was just using that as a possible explanation for why you got less funding than the SSSS run. Your site isn't the most newby friendly, or aesthetically pleasing on the face of it.
>>
>>77417261
Speak for yourself. They're both good and neither is "FAR superior" to the other.
>>
>>77417185
>What this doesn't explain however, is that Unsounded is rather unpopular in the webcomics scene.
It's a tough read, simple as that. Comic enthusiasts such as us here get it and can appreciate its brilliance, but it won't appeal to the much larger casual crowd out there. That's why easy comics like QC, Paranatural and SSSS have an easy time thriving. It's the way of the world, intellectuals will never be naught but a small minority.
>>
>>77417261
Yeah, I'm not into comparing my stuff with anyone else's. It's not a contest. SSSS has really great art and its creator is passionate and dedicated to producing her comic. She must work her ass off and I respect her.

But I honestly don't read webcomics so I can't comment on the content! I hate waiting for updates! I stick to print. I only recently finally read Nimona, for instance, after picking up the trade at my LCS. If SSSS gets an affordable printing one day maybe I'll pick it up and give it a whirl~
>>
File: 1311626491256.jpg (124 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1311626491256.jpg
124 KB, 337x367
>>77417298
>Expecting people to read a wiki to get promotional information about the comic.

That's a terrible idea anon.

And I should mention, promotional information is what I'm talking about.

>>77417353
> It's the way of the world, intellectuals will never be naught but a small minority.

Holy fucking shit anon, you're reading a webcomic, get off your high horse. Yeah it's a great webcomic but don't pretend like you're reading fucking Ulysses.
>>
>>77417353
I don't really believe in the enlightened elite theory.
>>
>>77417353
Jesus dude, stop acting like reading Unsounded makes you part of an "intellectual minority". It's a niche comic that requires a certain taste to fully appreciate, I'll give you that, but not liking it doesn't mean someone isn't just as intelligent as you. We're talking about webcomics here, for fucks sake.
>>
>>77417149
Nice to see you, Ashbro! I didn't know you lurked other threads that the Unsounded ones!
>>
>>77417261
>almost all of us here on /co think your comic is FAR superior to what Minna is doing

wew lad bit of a rash overstatement and generalisation there? You're not /co/

>>77417027
>I've been running for many years and already have all the fans I need and THEY know where to reach me so who gives a shit about newfags it's irrelevant what they think lol too late the club is full bitches

That's indeed a truly great approach. I really wonder why the comic isn't rapidly growing in popularity.
>>
>>77417450
It has butt humour, singing prostitutes, and talking tentacle rape sex toys. I don't find it terribly highbrow myself.

People who don't read Unsounded usually are turned off by obnoxious Sette, the wordiness, the artstyle, the characters of colour, or the length. Or they just think it sucks, which is a valid opinion to hold. I think there's plenty about it that sucks.
>>
File: standerectstaynoisy.png (77 KB, 351x528) Image search: [Google]
standerectstaynoisy.png
77 KB, 351x528
It's long drawn, yeah. Typical scandinavian way of storytelling.
slow and bleak.
>>
>>77417503
>I've been running for many years and already have all the fans I need and THEY know where to reach me so who gives a shit about newfags it's irrelevant what they think lol too late the club is full bitches

If this is the average reaction to things being ONE CLICK AWAY ON THE HOMEPAGE, then Ashley's probably better off without the additional public.
>>
>>77417149
I'm not a reader, I just checked the site due to the conversation here. Congrats on making a webcomic work though.

To be honest the site does look like you're not too keen to involve new readers in the fan community, but if that's the way you prefer it, good for you, I guess.
>>
>>77413626
The mundanity of all their social interactions is just suicide inducing.

These are people out on the edge of the world - beyond it even, and every single moment could bring down a horde of unspeaking grotesque mutants that live in eternal suffering.

Their lives should be tense and unpleasant as fuck, and at least three of them probably should have died by now. Instead they treat this like it's a fucking field trip. They talk with each other about silly things, and everyone's worried about their feelings in a context beyond group cohesion. There's no sense of shared camaraderie because they're all still functionally strangers. But instead of the unpleasantness or friendship that came come from strangers in common cause, it's just the most juvenile shit imaginable.

> "Lolz that's part of the charm, they're out of their element and over their heads!"

No. I don't. I just don't.

This comic is just like every other "put all your friends and silly character ideas into a post-apocalyptic comic". It's just better drawn. At times it reminds me of that fanciful L4D style comic of teenage sperglords that people used to shitpost on here 6 years ago.
>>
>>77417628
Yes, it definitely looks like she's very happy with the readership she has and definitely not trying to expand the audience in any way.

Then why complain about why the comic isn't more popular, if the approach seems to be that would-be readers can fuck right off unless they wade through a wiki or some shit like that in order to find a small blog link? It seems like a conscious choice, the result of which may be a smaller readership. User experiences matter.
>>
>>77417758
You're just making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>77417539
>and talking tentacle rape sex toys. I don't find it terribly highbrow myself
Not exactly humor that appeals to the masses though, to be honest. So even the low-brow-ish moments require a specific taste to appreciate, which we here clearly have.
>>
>>77417747
That's because you're not a girl (and aren't retarded) and are able to see how terrible it is. My female acquaintances eat that and similar shit right up, it's why comics made with a female audience in mind are so braindead.
>>
File: highbrow.png (79 KB, 450x195) Image search: [Google]
highbrow.png
79 KB, 450x195
>>77417804
> even the low-brow-ish moments require a specific taste to appreciate, which we here clearly have.
spoken like a true connoisseur
>>
This thread summed up:

>ZZZZ is shit
>Unsounded is GOAT

This is why I prefer based /co over other comic forums.
>>
>>77417747
>Their lives should be tense and unpleasant as fuck, and at least three of them probably should have died by now
Well, that's just your personal expectation of anything belonging to the zombie apocalypse genre, man.
>>
>>77417928
>Well, that's just your personal expectation of anything belonging to the zombie apocalypse genre, man.
Frankly that's the whole point of a zombie apocalypse setting.
>>
>>77417552
>2 years for the gay r34 to arrive

Now there's only three more years to wait until the first straight drawing is made.
>>
File: 1411498430680.png (376 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1411498430680.png
376 KB, 900x702
>>77417927
>Trying this hard to start edition wars

Why?
>>
>>77417928
>Frankly that's the whole point of a zombie apocalypse setting.
So you're mad at the comic for straying from the "point" of your favourite setting? It really just sounds like a textbook case of you needing to get over this particular comic "tricking" you and instead find another one to read.
>>
>>77417969
That one's way old, it was posted here before braid guy even appeared in the comic I think. This one's newer.
>>
>>77418048
Sorry I'm another anon, I'm a neutral element in this discussion.
>>
>>77418084
Sorry anon, the reply was meant for this guy: >>77417949
>>
>>77418083
Why does that guy have one tiny perky right boob?
>>
>>77413711
the daily updates are offset by slow story
>>
>>77418107
Yeah that was me, but I said that without implying anything. SSSS's setting is played straight rather than for comedy / satire like, I dunno, Zombieland, so there's really no point of it being a zombie apocalypse if the characters are not put under pressure.
>>
>>77418115
Are you talking about the jacket folds or seeing something way different here?
>>
>>77417927
What this thread summed up that unsounded fans are obnoxious spergs who think they're some sort of intellectual elite visual novel connoisseurs because they follow a monsters n' magic webcomic.

It's my first brush with the comic or its fandom and it definitely hasn't made a good impression, holy shit
>>
>>77418192
But that accusation was made and was clarified to be an exaggeration. Why are you overreacting, anon?
>>
>>77418149
>there's really no point of it being a zombie apocalypse if the characters are not put under pressure.
That really just sounds like your personal preference, man. i personally hate postapoc stories because of the constant pressuring atmosphere. I haven't read SSSS yet but the way you make it sound it might be the one postap. story I could be able to stomach even a little bit.
>>
>>77417949
Again, that's what you feel is the whole point, which you personally are looking for in a zombie apocalypse setting
>>
>>77418157
The shadow-line on the chest lines up perfectly with the lapel fold, and the darker rounded tinge on the lapel's uttermost point makes it look like there's a nipple underneath.
>>
>>77418115
You mean the elbow of the other guy, see shirt color?
>>
>>77418219
What other point would there be to a zombie apocalypse setting? It's become a stale genre so quickly *because* the thematics to explore are limited. I don't even like zombie apocalypse stuff, I have not developed a sophisticated taste for it.
>>
>>77418192
Don't base your entire opinion of a comic and its fans on blatant shitposting.
>>
>>77418220
Ah, my kind of man, trying hard to see breasts even in gay porn. I like you.
>>
>>77418262
No, the blue lapel. Teeny-tiny trap tit.
>>
Jesus christ, Stop trying to start fucking Fandom Wars.

Both comics are good, and fandoms don't fucking matter.
>>
>>77418273
Why are you focusing so hard on the zombies part? It's just a generic apocalypse setting in the future, no zombies, just some rare mutant critter that almost never show up.
>>
>>77418280
Pretty sure 90% posts in this thread are samefagging trying to sow discord
>>
>>77418083
I approve.
>>
Why the fuck are you people discussing whether or not SSSS is mishandling the zombie apocalypse setting? It's not a zombie apocalypse setting. It's a The Thing-plague-post-apocalypse setting with fucking mages freeing souls and shit.
>>
>>77417969
>>2 years
that pic is hella, old bro.
>>
>>77418365
Only two pics in two years ain't much better.

But at least it's more than Downton Abbey.
>>
>>77418351
Like I said, blatant shitposting.
>>
>>77418212
I'm not overreacting, I'm accurately describing my first impression of Unsounded and its fans. Apparently you guys will fervently attack other comics out of being annoyed at them raising more money that your beloved webcomic, which would explain all the "eyerape" and "dogshit" and "yaoi" etc derisive vitriol in this thread.

"Anyone who reads it has some serious developmental issues", "appeals to casuals and lowest common denominator-type of people", "low-brow", "cowshit in a dogbowl", but let me shill this fantastic and amazing comic that people like us in the true intellectual minority should read instead, indeed.

Hadn't heard of Unsounded before and now I'm somewhat glad of that.
>>
>>77418384
I must admit, I too is surprised, considering the large female fanbase... you'd think there'd be more gay porn.
>>
>>77418462
I simply stated that you were overreacting, instead of disproving my accusation you simply overreacted even harder. Why can't you calm down and just enjoy your comics, anon?
>>
>>77418477
Needs a bigger following on tumblr, that's where gay porn comes from.
>>
File: Amused Baker.png (307 KB, 553x553) Image search: [Google]
Amused Baker.png
307 KB, 553x553
>>77418477
>mfw this works for both SSSS and downton
>>
>>77418512
Again, quoting stuff that's been said in the thread is hardly overreacting, it's just illustrating a point.
>>
>>77418606
When you're basing your opinion on what's pretty obviously one or two shitposters being retards, I'd say it does count as overreacting.
>>
>>77418606
>Hadn't heard of Unsounded before and now I'm somewhat glad of that.
yes but making judgement on a material off of the supposed action of supposed fans is blatant overreaction
>Hadn't heard of Unsounded before and now I'm somewhat glad of that.
If you believe that this logic is sound then you can't like anything because you'd be a fan of it and you're acting like a tool.
>>
>>77418666
>because you'd be a fan of it and you're acting like a tool.
Yep, you're definitely improving my image of the readership unsounded seems to resonate with
>>
This thread is making me sad.
>>
>>77418512
Not him, but I'm guessing the furious autist spamming insults and shilling for his favourite comic might have something to do with it.
>>
>>77418743
You're irrational judgments are your own. I thought I'd do you a favor by pointing out your extraordinary lack of perspective. If you prefer to be reactionary and get flustered over trolls on 4chan of all places I don't intend to stop you. Just was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>77418835
that doesn't justify judging a comic on some unrelated poster's behavior.
>>
>>77418743
you sound like a whiny vagina much like the unsounded autist shilling his favourite webcomic in a thread it doesn't fucking belong.
>>
>>77416152
Not a reader or hater here, just passing by.

It looks really pretty, the girl drawing it should make covers for music albums.
>>
>>77417768
Not him, but not really. He made a good point, you just seems autistic right now.
>>
>>77417928
>>77417949
Shit niggers this isn't a zombie apocalypse comic
Or an apocalypse zombie

This is about having already rebuilt after the apocalypse
The chaos and death of the first months? Only a few, lucky old asses do remember, and they where kids by then
The ruined, madmaxesque world of the few first decades? The scavenging and backstabbing? That shit's over: We've got safety, jobs, civil order and law, and research programs

This shit is what the main characters on other genres fight for and strive to achieve. This is the "what happened afterwards?"
>>
>>77417976
I remember some faggot trying to start edition wars between this and Ava's months ago. OR last year even. SSSS threads are rare
>>
>>77418795
Count yourself lucky tou weren't here for the /pol/ shitstorms.
>>
File: red sonic gives advise.png (103 KB, 316x284) Image search: [Google]
red sonic gives advise.png
103 KB, 316x284
>>77418992
Sounds Ok.

This thread has been basically people making a mess out of something as simple as disliking the story being told in a webcomic. Get it together guys. SSSS is boring, yes, but is made for people who like that stuff. Like there's people who enjoy stuff like Crossed (which is currently dealing with post-apocalyptic future and shit) despite said work being called edgy... like, there's no valid point on discussing taste, and everything that could be said about SSSS was already discussed.

Now, where's the fucking porn? I've seen only like three pics.
>>
>>77419008
And they always turn out like this. It really does start to look like there's at least one guy with a burning hate for the comic on an autistic quest to shitpost like mad every time a thread does pop up.
>>
>>77418930
pretty sure that the autist was OP though
>>
>>77419092
>Now, where's the fucking porn? I've seen only like three pics.
There won't be much porn before SSSS gets more readers either in the hardcore edge comic demographic or the fap-happy tumblr demographic. Its bulk of readers are clearly somewhere in the middle there, and normies don't draw and post porn on the internet, they draw it in their notebooks and then burn it out of shame.
>>
File: a4+ZARKORA+SERIES[1].jpg (473 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
a4+ZARKORA+SERIES[1].jpg
473 KB, 1131x1600
>>77418959
She's did some book covers long ago, maybe even before she started aRTD
>>
>>77419054
I remember the buttmad Scots bitching about how Scottish people should have easily survived the plague and started trading with Iceland.

Eejits.
>>
>>77419225
Word of god is that they did, in fact survive, but they were few and got assimilitaed into norwegian culture
>>
>>77418861
Ooh, "extraordinary lack of perspective", well now. Genuine question, do you believe using fancy words is a sign of intellect? Does using them in writing makes the writing intelligent by association, in your view? Using them in a webcomic amongst squiggly insestine-tentacle monsters makes the webcomic in question a highbrow tough read, the brilliance of which only the most intelligent people can appreciate?
>>
File: XgvdIzv[1].png (3 MB, 790x2192) Image search: [Google]
XgvdIzv[1].png
3 MB, 790x2192
>>77419158
They're normies. The normiest amongst all normies that populate the internet. They've never had to suffer through Poe's or Descarte's laws. No flames, no shitposting, no controversy.
Their memes are literally built around cookies and flowers.
Pic related is almost swahj-ish, but without even being aware of the irony
I kind of want it to stay like that, even though that makes me not feel welcome there
>>
>>77419495
Nope. I hope you aren't asking that question rhetorically.
>>
>>77419569
The humour is so childish that has to be done by a child or a simple person. Has to be.
>>
>>77419158
If I'd have to choose between getting more SSSS porn and it aquiring a substantial Tumblr following I think I'd opt for giving up mah porn, tumblr fanbases kill webcomics. Now the artist doesn't seem like the person to stab their hand or anything if some SJW got on her case with their nonsense, but I think we can all agree the artist will be way better off without that.
>>
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.