[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows you primarily watch for the self-insert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
I admit that I mainly watch Star vs the Forces of Evil because I'm Hispanic and Marco is an easy self-insert for me.
>>
Wow a mexican interested in underage white girls. What a rare sight.
>>
>>77411055
There's at least one thread per day on this board dedicated to underage girls:

Case in point:
>>77396717
>>
Batman cartoons because I'm like Joker. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
Gravity Falls. I've seriously never seen myself more in Dipper than any other fictional character, especially at that age. Right down to the relationships he has with those around him. Hence, when I read "feels" fanfic, I usually weep like a pussy, especially anything related to Mabel, because I never had a sibling be that sort of emotional support when I was down, and at that age I was down a lot.

But obviously there's plenty of reasons to watch the show apart from that.
>>
>>77411111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl2AM3j3dIw
>>
Is self insertion that important to you guys? I mean do you spend hours creating yourself in a game? Do you get pissed if the MC is black?

I just watch the show and enjoy the ride, but I often read that so many people have to see themselves in the character onscreen.
>>
>>77411111

Quints confirm feels.
>>
File: 1410799888171.gif (973 KB, 361x203) Image search: [Google]
1410799888171.gif
973 KB, 361x203
>>77411111
I don't feel too closely related to Dipper's character shy from being BTFO and BTFOing myself on a habitual basis.

It's like we share an addiction to insure that we never come out on top.
>>
>>77411156
I used to self-insert and make OCs out of escapism. These days I'm more fond of real life.
>>
>>77411156
Not everyone. I can't stand boring self-inserts.
>>
>>77411156
I only self-insert when I want to fuck one of the characters.
>>
I dont primally whatched it for the self insert, because it was really fairly good.

But it as great to see a very faithful portrait of the superior brazillian master race.
>>
>>77411156
I don't self-insert at all, because I hate myself too much to associate myself with more intelligent, likable and/or competent characters be they either good or bastards
>>
>>77411156
Not always, but if a main character shares many of your traits, it can make a show more compelling than it would otherwise be.
>>
>>77411321
Ready for El Clasico?
>>
I don't self-insert, I insert people I know in cartoon characters
>>
Why would you ever envy the life of a cartoon character? At least you actually exist.
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 600x923
Not a show, but one of the many reasons I love Grayson is Helena is the best self insert I will ever get.
>>
>>77411356
What about dumb ones?
>>
>>77411356
This. Even when I daydream I just imagine being someone else completely. Fantasizing about myself saving the world or doing something great is like fantasizing about a Chris Chan becoming president.
>>
>>77411321
>that tiger claw episode
>that choosen one
perfect show
sequel sucks tho
>>
>>77411038
the fuck does his race matter? it's not like he's culturally mexican or anything
>>
>>77411038
You're the reason why Marvel is so shit right now.
>>
File: tumblr_mvtfcwuZBO1smn4pqo1_1280.jpg (159 KB, 1280x371) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvtfcwuZBO1smn4pqo1_1280.jpg
159 KB, 1280x371
Not exactly self insert, but I'm constantly seeing myself living in Beach City every time I watch SU; I live in a small beach community on the west coast and BC reminds me a lot of different towns in Orange County meshed onto one community on the east coast.
>>
>>77414241
>>77414183
bitter white males detected.
>>
>>77414733
I feel the same about Gravity Falls. The backgrounds really nail the forests of the Pacific Northwest.
>>
I primarily only make oc's and comics depicting me fucking the characters I like. All of them.
>>
>>77411038
Pan stop embarrassing yourself
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.