[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: For Charity.jpg (374 KB, 1023x1599) Image search: [Google]
For Charity.jpg
374 KB, 1023x1599
I don't understand.
>>
>>77409511
He took a proverbially fall now and then to keep the charity races seeming fair as bets are made, he is actually much faster than you can even begin to imagine.
>>
>>77409511
people like Superman better, and Flash knew more people were rooting for Supes so he let him win
>>
>>77409511
why was he running? surely his flying speed is faster than his running speed.
>>
File: 1316208428432.jpg (43 KB, 287x282) Image search: [Google]
1316208428432.jpg
43 KB, 287x282
>>77409578
>>
>>77409951

It makes sense. You'd generate a lot less friction in flying pose and it probably takes less energy.
>>
>>77409977
It's a race between two people who are known to be able to run really fast. The whole point is to see who can run the fastest over the surface area of the entire planet, not which superhuman's power level is greater. In-universe, I'd say people look at the whole thing as kind of a really cool joke/ novelty in order to raise cash for a worthy cause.
>>
>>77410024

Yeah for the charity races, but he's not racing him there for charity or competition, he's trying to keep up so he can talk with him. It would make more sense for him to be using his fastest and most efficient form of travel; the only goal is for him to keep up with Flash.
>>
>>77409511
casual filth.

https://www.hyperborea.org/flash/races.html
>>
>>77410042
Then the implication becomes that, even at his absolute fastest, flying or running, Supes doesn't stand a chance.
I'm not even a big Flash fan, but I've seen enough bullshit pages dumped that show how broken his powerset is.
He saved an entire town/city from a nuclear explosion, one or two people at a time, as the bomb was going off.
He raced Death to the end of time, and won.
Supes can't possibly keep up.
>>
>>77410162
>He raced Death to the end of time, and won.
Death was gaining on him though. If the race had taken any longer, Death would have won.

The two also raced again recently, with Flash thinking he'd killed death, yet it turns out Death killed a whole city faster than the flash could even see, let alone process it. (then it all got undone because moral of the story)
>>
>>77410392
>Death was gaining on him though. If the race had taken any longer, Death would have won.
It didn't, though.

>The two also raced again recently, with Flash thinking he'd killed death, yet it turns out Death killed a whole city faster than the flash could even see, let alone process it. (then it all got undone because moral of the story)
Sure, it's not the craziest thing I've heard from capes. Hell, I'm sure a good writer could come up with a scenario where Supes legit wins, but it would take years of setting up so as not to come off as forced fanfic.
>>
>>77410470
>It didn't, though.
No shit. That's why I said "if the race had taken any longer".

Are you illiterate?
>>
>>77410392
>recently
Everything after Flashpoint isn't canon.
>>
>>77410524
This.
>>
>>77410524
>>77410571
What?

What do you mean exactly?
>>
File: ha ha.jpg (177 KB, 433x596) Image search: [Google]
ha ha.jpg
177 KB, 433x596
>>77409511
Barry's just bullshitting and hoping he forgot
>>
File: barry rekt.png (925 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
barry rekt.png
925 KB, 1366x768
>>77410595
>post your face when supes demolishes barry in a race
>>
>>77410162
Neither of those were the guy in the OP, though.
>>
>>77410516
That's not how races work.
>>
>>77410743
It is though. Black Flash doesn't have to worry about stamina, that's why he was gaining
>>
>>77410743
Okay, sure, here you go: barry is faster until the 'chase' goes longer than *insert number* minutes.
>>
>>77410595
>Silver Age cover
>a source
>>
>>77410743
sprinting and marathoning are two different feats
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.