[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Hawkman ever not been a shit? When? Other reccomendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: hawkmun.jpg (34 KB, 300x469) Image search: [Google]
hawkmun.jpg
34 KB, 300x469
Has Hawkman ever not been a shit? When?

Other reccomendations are welcome ITT as well
>>
pretty sure that picture is from the Johns run which is allegedly good, but I haven't read it
>>
>>77406836
Hawkgirl>>>>Hawkman
>>
>>77406915

It's pretty good, actually. Parallels his JSA run a lot when he was on both.

Also, if you have not read the Hawkworld miniseries and ongoing by Ostrander, holy shit you need to do so IMMEDIATELY.
>>
File: HawkmanandHawkGirl.png (524 KB, 1249x892) Image search: [Google]
HawkmanandHawkGirl.png
524 KB, 1249x892
>>77406836
>>
Okay, OP, you win. Please enjoy these fine Hawkman comics.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wag1uaxe0gvze98/Hawkworld+v1+1-3+%28I-III%29+%281989%29.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vardbvv8nj6p85a/Hawkworld+v2+01-32+%281990%29.zip
>>
>>77406928
While I generally agree, I respect Hawkman's eight to be on the JL. I just want some reason to justify t.
>>
>>77406952
Post moar
>>
File: Only Hawkman Origin You Need.png (4 KB, 321x159) Image search: [Google]
Only Hawkman Origin You Need.png
4 KB, 321x159
>>77406836
>Hawkworld
>Johns JSA
>Pretty good in nu52 JLA
>Arguably the best part of Brightest Day Not that that's saying much
And I remember one of his older runs in which he fights a bunch of other humanized animal characters, it was surprisingly dark
Also, this image is important to keep in mind
>>
>>77406963
You're a good man anon.
>>
File: hawkthumbsup.jpg (92 KB, 616x528) Image search: [Google]
hawkthumbsup.jpg
92 KB, 616x528
>>77406836
Hawkman is always good

Hawkworld
Shadow War of Hawkman and the ongoing that followed
Johns Hawkman
Hell even Silver Age Hawkman is rad as fun
Wednesday Comics Hawkman
>>
File: All-Star Hawkman.jpg (318 KB, 500x830) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Hawkman.jpg
318 KB, 500x830
>>77407046
>Also, this image is important to keep in mind
>>
>>77407107
Shit, what's the comic that image comes from? I know it's really good, with really, really awkward art.
>>
Is Hawkman an alien, an Egyptian spirit thing, an Indian spirit, or something else?
>>
>>77407137
it's from the Wednesday Comics Hawkman story

>>77407260
depends on which Hawkman

in the new 52 it's just alien Katar Hol
>>
>>77407260

>Golden Age hawks

Archaeologists who find out they're the reincarnations of Egyptian royalty and use ancient medieval weaponry and Nth metal to punch crime's face in.

>Silver Age Hawks

Space cops from Thanagar

>Hawkworld
Originally intended to be a sort-of-out-of-continuity story about Silver Age Katar Hol's origin but they decided to brute force it into continuity creating the

>Hawksnarl

I don't fucking know. Character is so overcomplicated by this point they kill them off and leave them dead.

>Johns Hawkman

Carter Hall (Golden Age Hawkman) gets resurrected via Thanagarian science-magic, and has knowledge of all his past reincarnations. Kendra Saunders actually has the soul of Shayera and tries to come to grips with that

Then Brightest Day happened then the reboot

>New 52

No Hawkwoman yet, but Hawkman is back to Katar Hol, Thangarian Space Cop.
>>
>>77407335
>I don't fucking know. Character is so overcomplicated by this point they kill them off and leave them dead.

>Carter Hall (Golden Age Hawkman) gets resurrected via Thanagarian science-magic, and has knowledge of all his past reincarnations. Kendra Saunders actually has the soul of Shayera and tries to come to grips with that

If I may sperg out a little, the Hawksnarl mostly fucked Katar up but it also declared that Shayera isn't part of the reincarnation cycle, it skips right from Shiera to Kendra (then back to Shiera again with Brightest Day)

Kendra and Shayera were actually alive at the same time for a while
>>
>>77407391
>shayera isn't part of the reincarnation cycle
Makes sense to me.
>>
>>77407270
>in the new 52 it's just alien Katar Hol
Not muh.
And no Hawkman/Hawkgirl pairing, what the fuck? They wanted to have cake and eat it.
>>
>>77406836
>Look up New 52 Hawkman
>Written by Daniel and Liefield
What the fuck
>>
>>77407335
>No Hawkwoman yet, but Hawkman is back to Katar Hol, Thangarian Space Cop.
There's a Hawkgirl on Earth 2, and there was a Shayera introduced in the new 52 but it was when they let Rob Liefeld write Hawkman and it was thoroughly horrid and worth forgetting
>>
>>77407602
Did you read the comic or did you just read *about* the comic?

Liefeld Hawkman was actually an improvement over the previous issues (Tony Daniel and Philip Tan).
>>
>>77407600
>Liefield
Yeah it was one of about 5 series he was working on that got killed off in the first round or the first round after he started working on them.
>>
>>77407651
I read the comic anon, that's how I know about Hawktits

They were all shitty writers and Liefeld's reintroduction for Shayera was fucking atrocious and her design was retarded
>>
>>77406928
I see someone just watched the JL cartoons and hasn't bothered to read any hawkman
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.